Saints V Villa Build Up Thread Capital One Cup

Stepgar

That's a decent team. I actually thought Clasie would start for game time but it should be enough to beat Villa. Defensively strong with a Wanyama and Romeu shield.

Villa's team is weak but their bench is strong, so a few early goals for us could be key here before they can make changes. I'd like to see Juanmi show us why we bought him, and while I'm not pro-Ramirez per se, I do think he has qualities that can win games and hope we see his best. A decent Ramirez in the squad permanently would be a big bonus for Saints, even if he's not first choice.

Seager on the bench too, could come on and make a name for himself. I'm going to stick my neck out and say JWP will be our most influential player tonight... :-)

Not happy with that line up. I thought we would be taking this seriously, but obviously not. Strong looking side for Villa

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

What's the problem with the team exactly?

Mane is suspended, Bertrand, Clasie have just come back from long-term lay offs. Tadic over played last year, so makes sense to not start him tonight. Jay is injured and Soares has been in the wars the last few weeks......I don't see a problem, it's our best possible side with everything considered. Caulker and Yoshida need game time, if Virgil or Fonte get injured, one of them is thrown into the firing line.

What's the problem with the team exactly?

Mane is suspended, Bertrand, Clasie have just come back from long-term lay offs. Tadic over played last year, so makes sense to not start him tonight. Jay is injured and Soares as been in the wars the last few weeks......I don't see a problem, it's our best possible side with everything considered.

Concerned with Yoshida (who can't play rb) and Targett (who puts in effort, but sadly not good enough for us. Also worried we will be lightweight in attack with JWP, Ramirez and Juanmi. Just hope big Vic and Romeu can hold things together. Think this will go to extra-time

Time for Caulker to show us he deserves to be playing in a Premier League team, he's really not impressed so far. I'm happy with Yoshi at RB and Targett at LB, especially with van Dijk to help cover for Targett. Wanyama and Romeu together is surprising but they should boss the midfield, but there is a 99% chance at lease one of them will get booked. JWP should have a pretty free role with the two rocks playing in midfield, so hopefully he can be influential. I thought Pelle would get a rest, but I'm glad he's there if the other attacking players are Juanmi and Gaston.

Should be an interesting game.

Concerned with Yoshida (who can't play rb) and Targett (who puts in effort, but sadly not good enough for us. Also worried we will be lightweight in attack with JWP, Ramirez and Juanmi. Just hope big Vic and Romeu can hold things together. Think this will go to extra-time

Fair enough, but there's not much else we can do is there? As I said, it's the best possible lineup we could put out tonight, all things considered.

Is Pelle invisible or something? He is starting by the way.

Fair enough, but there's not much else we can do is there? As I said, it's the best possible lineup we could put out tonight, all things considered.

Is Pelle invisible or something? He is starting by the way.

Maybe not, I can see Pelle is starting, but he relies on good service to be effective. If Ramirez and Juanmi have poor games, so will Pelle. Anyway, good opportunity for those 2 to show what they can do. Fair play to Ramirez for sticking with it and earning another chance.

Not happy with that line up. I thought we would be taking this seriously, but obviously not. Strong looking side for Villa

Granted you may know better than them, but the feeling on the Villa forum is that the side they have put out is an insult to the travelling fans.