League Cup Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool at Home - Tickets £18

SaintJackoInHurworth

St Mary's needs a few more big cup nights under the floodlights, hopefully this is one for the future history books, proper cup tie atmosphere.

Might i suggest people dont take their young children into the northam for this one, difficult to get up for creating an atmosphere when you're being asked to sit down and given disapproving looks for swearing. At football. For ****s sake.

Might i suggest people dont take their young children into the northam for this one, difficult to get up for creating an atmosphere when you're being asked to sit down and given disapproving looks for swearing. At football. For ****s sake.

Disgusting comments. Why do people like you think being inside a football match gives them carte Blanche to act like a frothing at the mouth thug with a vile tongue? Children have as much right to be there as you, who are you to say where children should and shouldn't sit?

Standing up is breaking ground regulations which can lead to ejection and banning orders. as for your foul mouthed volleys of abuse hurled towards the pitch under the thinly disguised veil of trying to create an atmosphere that is the sort of knuckle dragging behaviour that is not welcome.

I expected better from you Geoff, it's become all to clear why you were sacked as a moderator.

Liverpool will provably have the majority of the Northam.

Quite pleased with the home draw against a team we can beat, preferable to having to play them twice in the semis - if we win it we've got a 2/3 chance of getting one of Boro/Everton/Stoke/Sheff Weds over two legs (and a tiny amount less than a 1/3 chance of getting Man City).

The wife told me not to swear yesterday in the Northam as there was a kid a row in front. There's a different little kid 4 seats from us every single match and she's never mentioned it before. Weird.

I just pointed at the Chapel and clarified that they should be in there anyway.

Why the feck is the semi final over two legs - what a waste of time.

Practically the whole bloody competition used to be two legs at one point, it's an acknowledgement of that.

Long and short of it is of course I'd like us to win it, but I'd be pretty happy with just getting to a final as an underdog too.

A home draw against a top side NOW is more of a benefit than getting them in the semis when they'd have a home game to offset it, so basically:

Best case scenario prior to QF draw: draw weakest team at home in QF, weakest remaining team in SF, someone else knocks out City/Liverpool/Everton before Final.

Worse case: City/Liverpool away now, the other one in the SF. Becomes "best case" if we beat them both, but nothing like as likely.

Ideally from this position: Liverpool home QF, anyone but Man City in SF, hope City lose before Final.

Glad to have been proven right that a team with seven changes would be quite sufficient to comfortably dispatch Aston Villa (happy that Mr Koeman agreed that it was quite unnecessary to put out a full-strength team).

Not so happy to be proven right that even though there were three major upsets and the other cup ties couldn't realistically have gone much more in our favour, the tourney still appears to be a bridge too far. Despite the upsets, the big clubs just keep on avoiding each other and like I say, I think we need both to happen if a club like us is going to win a trophy.

Liverpool will be a very tough challenge and even if we win, we'll probably have a 2 in 3 chance of facing City or Everton over two legs in the semis. I don't think we'd be much better than a coinflip to beat Stoke either (although doubtless some posters will object to my saying this despite the fact that we've had an identical head-to-head record with them for the past three seasons).

Having said all of that, I'd certainly go full-strength against Liverpool. Should be a cracking atmosphere and the match ought to do it justice.

Lots of fixtures that week for Liverpool. They play on the sunday and this is on the tuesday? So likely to be moved to the wednesday + TV?

A few Lpool supporting mates think they'll put out a full strength side. Will be interesting what they do with Europa and league commitments either side.

They play

Premier League Man City (A) Sat 21 Nov 17:30

Europa League Bordeaux (H) Thu 26 Nov 20:05

Premier League Swansea (H) Sun 29 Nov 16:15

League Cup - QF Saints (A) Midweek (Tue 2 or Wed 3)

Premier League Newcastle (A) Sun 6 Dec 16:00

Europa League FC Sion (A) Thu 10 Dec 18:00

Premier League West Brom (H) Sun 13 Dec 16:00

So almost certainly going to be the Wednesday, we're also the most tv-friendly game, assume Boro v Everton will be the other.

Practically the whole bloody competition used to be two legs at one point, it's an acknowledgement of that.

Long and short of it is of course I'd like us to win it, but I'd be pretty happy with just getting to a final as an underdog too.

A home draw against a top side NOW is more of a benefit than getting them in the semis when they'd have a home game to offset it, so basically:

Best case scenario prior to QF draw: draw weakest team at home in QF, weakest remaining team in SF, someone else knocks out City/Liverpool/Everton before Final.

Worse case: City/Liverpool away now, the other one in the SF. Becomes "best case" if we beat them both, but nothing like as likely.

Ideally from this position: Liverpool home QF, anyone but Man City in SF, hope City lose before Final.

your reference regarding a home game to offset it for a semi final is incorrect, the Semi finals are both midweek sandwiched in to the normal fixture calendar.

in this case i think it will be a good time to play Liverpool, they have to play pretty much every midweek between now and then with trips to cold venues of Kazan and Sion to come. For Premier League teams the only other round that was two legs was the 2nd round , the 3rd, 4th and 5th have always been one leg to my knowledge.

This year the Semi finals are spread out with the first leg on Jan 5th / 6th (a few days before FA Cup round 3) and the 2nd leg 26th / 27th January after Man Utd away before FA Cup 4th round.

your reference regarding a home game to offset it for a semi final is incorrect, the Semi finals are both midweek sandwiched in to the normal fixture calendar.

in this case i think it will be a good time to play Liverpool, they have to play pretty much every midweek between now and then with trips to cold venues of Kazan and Sion to come. For Premier League teams the only other round that was two legs was the 2nd round , the 3rd, 4th and 5th have always been one leg to my knowledge.

This year the Semi finals are spread out with the first leg on Jan 5th / 6th (a few days before FA Cup round 3) and the 2nd leg 26th / 27th January after Man Utd away before FA Cup 4th round.

edit i see what you mean now, drawing a big team in a semi final is a bad draw as you have to play at their ground in one leg.

Personally I'm delighted with the draw as it's exactly what I was hoping for. I'm not a big fan of the League Cup but this has got me right up for it, a QF at home to the dirty scousers, defectors and all, under the floodlights, hopefully get a good atmosphere at SMS for a change, bring it on! We have a good chance of winning.

Liverpool game's guaranteed to be on the Wednesday, regardless of TV picks.

Fully expect our game to be picked by Sky, though, with Man City v Hull on the Tuesday.

I'm still hopeful they force a Tuesday for Sky, will save a bunch of faffing on Ticketmaster resale sites and a trip to Cardiff I don't need... :D

For Premier League teams the only other round that was two legs was the 2nd round , the 3rd, 4th and 5th have always been one leg to my knowledge.

More from the "Football Existed Before 1992" department.

The Final used to be over 2 legs as well. Prior to 1967.

Unfortunately you're probably right. It'll be interesting to see how the club price this, I'd guess at around Cat C League game prices, so circa £30-35 a ticket.

Hopefully they follow the example from last night and price it sensibly to get a full house, especially now that it's on TV. No more than £25 for adults will do.

Hopefully they follow the example from last night and price it sensibly to get a full house, especially now that it's on TV. No more than £25 for adults will do.

Do you really think we'll struggle to sell out a quarter-final against Liverpool?

Disgusting comments. Why do people like you think being inside a football match gives them carte Blanche to act like a frothing at the mouth thug with a vile tongue? Children have as much right to be there as you, who are you to say where children should and shouldn't sit?

Standing up is breaking ground regulations which can lead to ejection and banning orders. as for your foul mouthed volleys of abuse hurled towards the pitch under the thinly disguised veil of trying to create an atmosphere that is the sort of knuckle dragging behaviour that is not welcome.

I expected better from you Geoff, it's become all to clear why you were sacked as a moderator.

Boy what a pompous asshole

Jesus what a pompous first class asshole

Cat A prices to keep the kids out. Want a decent atmosphere for this. Last night was one of the worst atmospheres I've experienced at a Saints game.

Didn't go to any early round JPT games in L1 then? Torquay and Charlton were AWFUL. :)

I think Northampton in the League Cup in 2009 (which also happened to be Lambert's debut) was pretty bad too. Also, the couple of games I saw from the Kingsland Centre in 2002/3 were pretty bloody awful, but I think that was proximity to the Northam compared to usual.

As a weird aside, when I was checking who those JPT games were against, I also saw that we lost at home to Swindon 3-0 in defending the trophy, despite having 7 future (and 4 past) Premier League players on the pitch at some point. Only Dan Harding and Ryan Dickson played and didn't also play in the Prem. And they lost 3-0 at home to 9 Swindon players, Charlie Austin... and Vincent Pericard. :D

HEADLINE "Maya Yoshida believes Southampton have a ''massive opportunity'' to lift Capital One Cup "

Content: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/maya-yoshida-believes-southampton-massive-6731065

He literally says we have a massive chance to advance to the next round :lol:

Where do newspapers get off writing such bs?

Maya-hee-Maya-ho: "Chelsea lost, Arsenal lost and big teams lost and now we have a much, much bigger chance to go to get another title."

Its just his pathetic attempt at humour.

Your assessment though is spot on.

Aw poor old Vectis, still not able to get over his poster boy Tanadari Lee flopping like I said he would. You'd know all about being a pompous arsehole what with accusing people of being racist because they rightly didn't think Lee would be the premier league star you dreamt he would :lol:

Jesus what a pompous first class asshole

Boy what a pompous asshole

So much so you posted about its twice :lol:

They play

Premier League Man City (A) Sat 21 Nov 17:30

Europa League Bordeaux (H) Thu 26 Nov 20:05

Premier League Swansea (H) Sun 29 Nov 16:15

League Cup - QF Saints (A) Midweek (Tue 2 or Wed 3)

Premier League Newcastle (A) Sun 6 Dec 16:00

Europa League FC Sion (A) Thu 10 Dec 18:00

Premier League West Brom (H) Sun 13 Dec 16:00

So almost certainly going to be the Wednesday, we're also the most tv-friendly game, assume Boro v Everton will be the other.

um...Liverpool have a game every 4-5 days..which probably explains the size of their squad, but they'll have a big problem in the varying quality on their bench.

Christmas around the corner and a home match with villa 3 days later, so yeah I imagine it could be a struggle for some people.

Quite a few would sack off the Villa game in favour of the cup match if they could only afford one, especially at the prices that have been released.