Returning Ex Saints Players on Sunday

onthemarch

Personally looking forward to welcoming back both Andrew Surman and Boruc on Sunday.

Surman was a good player for us - who left because of circumstances higher up. His career post Saints never really took off.

Boruc is a character - and was a decent keeper for us bar a few howlers. He reacted badly to being made Number 2 - but as far as crimes go I don't think it was too bad.

A decent reception for both?

I hope Boruc plays - he looks especially vulnerable at corners - which are now one of our strengths with VVD and Fonte!

Should be a good reception for both, certainly Surman.

Boruc will probably be booed, mainly by those mindless idiots in the Chapel who almost got us relegated the season they goaded Boruc, by miles our best keeper then, into a suspension - leading to another hapless Gazza/KD episode that cost us points.

As we well know, Boruc, for all his weirdness, is a good keeper and capable of some excellent saves.

Edited by Saint Charlie

Boruc will probably be booed, mainly by those mindless idiots in the Chapel who almost got us relegated the season they goaded Boruc, by miles our best keeper then, into a suspension - leading to another hapless Gazza/KD episode that cost us points.

As we well know, Boruc, for all his weirdness, is a good keeper and capable of some excellent saves.

Because throwing bottles at fans is ok!?

Almost all keepers are capable of excellent saves even kelvin Davis and Gazza. Boruc's "weirdness" is what makes him a poor keeper no point making excellent saves if you then undo them with idiotic moments of stupidity like Artur does.

Will Surman be there. He was not in the squad on Wednesday. Neither was Boruc but that was planned I think.

Don't think Boruc has played a cup game since he signed for them, so that would have been planned regardless of last weekend's howlers. Surman's played 90 minutes in every league game so far this season (but 0 minutes in their three Capital One Cup games), so no reason to think he won't start on Sunday.

He didn't throw it at the fans. He lobbed it at the hoarding which it hit and bounced up. He should have thrown it hard at their heads, they deserved it anyway.

I certainly wouldn't boo him, he did a great job for us. Surman should get a very good reception.

Surman should get a fantastic reception - always tried his best but had to leave because of a lack of money.

Boruc is a character, and was a good keeper for us, we just out grew him. Looks a bit more vulnerable than he was for us too.

That's a bit high and mighty to say we've grown out of Boruc. He certainly has his off days and brilliant days. But so do Saints as a whole.

He didn't throw it at the fans. He lobbed it at the hoarding which it hit and bounced up. He should have thrown it hard at their heads, they deserved it anyway.

I certainly wouldn't boo him, he did a great job for us. Surman should get a very good reception.

Why did they deserve it?

Personally looking forward to welcoming back both Andrew Surman and Boruc on Sunday.

Surman was a good player for us - who left because of circumstances higher up. His career post Saints never really took off.

Boruc is a character - and was a decent keeper for us bar a few howlers. He reacted badly to being made Number 2 - but as far as crimes go I don't think it was too bad.

I hope Boruc plays - he looks especially vulnerable at corners - which are now one of our strengths with VVD and Fonte!

Interested by the comment about Drew's career not taking off post Saints - what do others think?

He's pretty much done what i expected of him from when he left Saints when we were struggling in the Championship - played for a few clubs in the Prem where he does OK, but always looked great in competitive teams in the Championship.

Given that he left us in the Championship and is a regular in the Prem now, you could certainly say he's doing better now.

Not a dig at the OP at all, just interested in people's take on his career

Interested by the comment about Drew's career not taking off post Saints - what do others think?

He's pretty much done what i expected of him from when he left Saints when we were struggling in the Championship - played for a few clubs in the Prem where he does OK, but always looked great in competitive teams in the Championship.

Given that he left us in the Championship and is a regular in the Prem now, you could certainly say he's doing better now.

Not a dig at the OP at all, just interested in people's take on his career

I think he had a mixed bag, but the Bournemouth move has worked out like a dream for him.

Read some stats a few weeks ago, and at the time I think he was right up there with number of passes & distance covered per game.

Certainly deserves a good reaction on Sunday.

I just don't feel he ever really established himself like I thought he might. Wolves didn't work out for him - I guess since then he has done well - but I thought he might have been slightly more prominent. I think he will ended up being classed as a good championship player who struggles in the PL - I thought he might have done better. He did progress leaving Saints - agreed

I just don't feel he ever really established himself like I thought he might. Wolves didn't work out for him - I guess since then he has done well - but I thought he might have been slightly more prominent. I think he will ended up being classed as a good championship player who struggles in the PL - I thought he might have done better. He did progress leaving Saints - agreed

Nice left foot, nice eye for a pass, but very slow meaning he was never going to go much further. Nice to see him do so well with Bournemouth though. But the fact he is in the middle of the park for them is one of a number of reasons they are going down.

And they're still our back up goalies.

Boruc > Gazza/KD

Fans abuse players then can't take a bit of water squirting near them.

Absolutely pathetic and I hope they felt embarassed when he ended up not playing a few games and we suffered for it.

Hope he does it again if he plays tbh.

Pay me tens of thousands a week and you can say what you like to me , perks of being a millionaire footballer!

That was right at the start of his time with us, and then he was a bit chubby and didn't look the part. He slimmed down and his game sharpened; he became a good keeper and was loved. Just a shame he was upgraded and told he was #2 going forward. Water under the bridge now. No need to boo him .. or anyone for that matter.

An article from the Mailonline from an interview with the Polish Press where there is no quote that he admits throwing the bottle at fans.

Just 'I won’t say I regret it, because I heard insults from the stands. Racist ones.'

and

'I blamed myself for it because I gave Adkins the reason that he could sit me on the bench.'

Which could just as easily be applied to him throwing the bottle at the ad sign or possibly making gestures at the fans which i think he was accused of too.

Sorry, that's proof of nothing. Only something with actual quotes form Saints or Boruc himself where he admits throwing the bottle at fans.

you mean the fact that he's now playing at a much higher level than he did for Saints?