Jordy Clasie - Joins AZ (Official)

Saint Charlie

There would be a problem with wages unless Saints subsidise for a year or Davis agrees to a massive paycut. Rangers couldn't get remotely close to our pay structure.

subsidising wages seems increasingly common these days. Did we do that with Classie? Will we do that with someone like Forster, who maybe cost prohibitive to anyone actually interested?

This was a very poor signing. Surely our scouts/Koeman would have realised he would struggle physically in a fast league like the PL? Was clear after a couple of games that he was so lacking.

When you compare him to someone like Lemina, one has the physical attributes to be a good PL central midfielder and the other is so far short, especially when we also have Romeu who visibly struggles in the last 20mins of matches, hence often making stupid fouls.

Shame because he is a decent little player, I quite like him, but he's just not big enough physically and we always have to use a sub for him if he starts. Time to move on unfortunately.

I quite liked the idea of Clasie but to say he's not big enough is odd. He's 1.69M and a comparable positional player, Kante is 1.68M. So it's not a size issue.

I quite liked the idea of Clasie but to say he's not big enough is odd. He's 1.69M and a comparable positional player, Kante is 1.68M. So it's not a size issue.
He's quite slight compared to Kante. This photo of him next to Memphis Depay from a few years ago is damning. I don't know if he's bulked up since but he definitely needed to beef up when playing in the physical Premier League. (And no, I didn't Google "Jordy Clasie" naked, I just remember seeing this photo from a few years ago. Honest.)

7f1534e509a6bf12709111c85cff7e45.jpg

I also think Clasie has talent, but even if he stayed he'd be behind Romeu, Hojbjerg and Lemina (if we can keep hold of him) in the pecking order so it's probably best he leaves for first team football. Additionally we need to raise funds for signings. :rolleyes:

He's quite slight compared to Kante. This photo of him next to Memphis Depay from a few years ago is damning. I don't know if he's bulked up since but he definitely needed to beef up when playing in the physical Premier League. (And no, I didn't Google "Jordy Clasie" naked, I just remember seeing this photo from a few years ago. Honest.)

I also think Clasie has talent, but even if he stayed he'd be behind Romeu, Hojbjerg and Lemina (if we can keep hold of him) in the pecking order so it's probably best he leaves for first team football. Additionally we need to raise funds for signings. :rolleyes:

Nice piccy bro :D

I see what you mean, he's both short and skinny.. not a good combo for that position in the Premier League. Any chance we can get Big Vic back from Spurs :?:

This was a very poor signing. Surely our scouts/Koeman would have realised he would struggle physically in a fast league like the PL? Was clear after a couple of games that he was so lacking.

When you compare him to someone like Lemina, one has the physical attributes to be a good PL central midfielder and the other is so far short, especially when we also have Romeu who visibly struggles in the last 20mins of matches, hence often making stupid fouls.

The Clasie signing always smacked of Koeman doing a mate a favour more than anything else.

No as Clasie has not left the club.

so? When a player is loaned out, his wages may be paid by his current club, the club that he is being loaned to, or a combination of both ie subsidised by the current club. And yes the club he joins on loan may also pay a fee. It varies. What was the financial structure of this particular loan?

• 1 month later...

Clasie wants Feyenoord return.

The 27-year-old departed Feyenoord for Southampton in 2016 but has failed to impress in England and spent last season on loan with Club Brugge in Belgium.

Speaking to Metro, Clasie confirmed he wants a move back to the Netherlands with his family no longer happy abroad, “Abroad is simply not something for us, we were unhappy.”

Clasie still has two-years left on his contract with Southampton, who have reportedly put a €10 million asking price on his head. The fee may be too high for Feyenoord, but Clasie is hoping the club bring him back to Rotterdam, “For me there is only one option and that is Feyenoord. The transfer amount can indeed be a problem, but perhaps the club sells some more players.”

The midfielder is even willing to drop his wages in order to be back in the Netherlands.

Karim El Ahmadi is set to depart Feyenoord this summer for a considerable fee but it remains to be seen whether the club are willing to splash the cash to bring Clasie back.

Source: http://www.football-oranje.com/clasie-wants-feyenoord-return/

I think there will be a fair bit of trimming going on this summer, we've got a fair amount of players on probably fair wages not getting a shot. Clasie just isn't cut out for life in the PL, amazingly though he has the highest win % of anyone else in our squad.

Although thats not hard, given that we sold most of them...

I think there will be a fair bit of trimming going on this summer, we've got a fair amount of players on probably fair wages not getting a shot. Clasie just isn't cut out for life in the PL, amazingly though he has the highest win % of anyone else in our squad.

Although thats not hard, given that we sold most of them...

Yeah. There's probably a fair few that will leave at least on loan:

- Boufal

- Forster

- Clasie

- Carillo (?)

- Hesketh

- Reed

- Gallagher

- Seager

- Barnes

When Vilhena and El Ahmadi both leave there might be a chance for Clasie at Feyenoord. I reckon it will be on loan then as Feyenoord will never pay more than 6 million euro’s.

I’ve always doubted if Clasie could make it in the PL but I wouldn’t mind to see him back in de Kuip as the Dutch league is a totaly different story. Maybe he could also help to prevent the young talents at Feyenoord leaving too soon for the big 6 where they usually don’t stand a chance.

• 2 weeks later...
Not a big surprise never worked out here he just didn't seem suited to the PL or fit enough.

Yes, totally ineffective which you would put down to being too small were it not for players like Kante who has won the league twice. Obviously a combination of stature and fitness in this case. No excuse for the latter.

Yes, totally ineffective which you would put down to being too small were it not for players like Kante who has won the league twice. Obviously a combination of stature and fitness in this case. No excuse for the latter.

size can be important (you do need people that can win headers for example), but speed across the ground is a significant reason why Kante so effective.

Looking closer to home, the likes of Morgan and Cork at their best just eat up the yards, enabling them to close people down, get a foot in and turn ball over time after time. Players like Clasie and JWP just do not effect opponents enough or get close enough to them to trouble them. Opposing players just go about their business without ever feeling under pressure. That can't happen. When it does, eventually it costs you as they have time to get their heads up and pick a pass. At the level we are at, we need midfielders that can play with and without the ball. We can't settle for players like Clasie who can be passengers in games.

7f1534e509a6bf12709111c85cff7e45.jpg

Taider.

Thought that he struggled under Koeman to adapt to English football, got an injury but then later in that season started to find the level. Then when under Puel he played mainly in cup games he looked a class act. I think he is under valued by most fans, but looks like he is on his way.

Will always think fondly of him. That goal away at West Brom is probably the last Saints goal I will have ever seen in person alongside my father.

His career didn't go as intended, but he clearly has ability. All the best to him.