Jordy Clasie - Joins AZ (Official)

Saint Charlie

We signed him for £8m on a 5 year contract (although transfermarkt says £13.5) and got 49 games out of him, spread over 2 seasons. As things go, not a disaster and it falls into one of those categories of "worth a chance", something a club our size has to take. £2m would be good I would have thought.

it was a poor signing. Although not helped by the injuries he got right at the start of his Saints career, when he did play he never impressed at all, struggling to make any impact on games and seriously lacking the physical attributes needed to dominate a midfield. I wonder what alternative options we missed out on that summer? Because if you sign a duffer you also fill a shirt and a wage which prevents you signing someone else.

Million quid and 25% of the next fee incase he has a resurgence of form...sorted.

Why would anyone want to waste a million £ on him when they know full wel that he'll be available for free in a year or so and that we'll loan him out to whomsoever asks first?

Edited by Window Cleaner

it was a poor signing. Although not helped by the injuries he got right at the start of his Saints career, when he did play he never impressed at all, struggling to make any impact on games and seriously lacking the physical attributes needed to dominate a midfield. I wonder what alternative options we missed out on that summer? Because if you sign a duffer you also fill a shirt and a wage which prevents you signing someone else.

Looking at him play, thought it a bit tough on Harry Reed, who I thought the better player.

Million quid and 25% of the next fee incase he has a resurgence of form...sorted.

Why would anyone want to waste a million £ on him when they know full wel that he'll be available for free in a year or so and that we'll loan him out to whomsoever asks first?

Player loan fees can be bigger than £1m, we've likely been sending ours out costing more than that for a loan.

AZ director confirms Clasie talks. Confirms finances are an issue. (Shocker).

One of the least exciting parts of Southampton’s summer transfer business will be finding a solution for Jordy Clasie.

The midfielder returned to Feyenoord on loan last summer and it was very much meant to be a long term solution. Clasie would rediscover his form and consistency in the Eredivisie, and the Dutch club would then make an effort to sign him permanently this summer.

Things didn’t quite go to plan, and whilst the loan wasn’t a disaster, the Southampton player managed to annoy his manager. Throwing a strop after being substituted towards the end of the season, Clasie found himself in some controversy and perhaps killed any chance of him staying.

A week ago, we covered claims from the Netherlands that the 27 doesn’t want to be at Southampton ‘under any circumstances’ next season, despite having a year left on his contract.

Interest from AZ was mentioned, and now that’s been confirmed by club director Max Huiberts.

NH quote him as saying: “Sometimes there is a chance to get this kind of boy. The coach has been in contact with him. Jordy Clasie has a one-year contract with Southampton. We have to wait and see how this develops.”

The idea is there, it’s finances which may prove a problem.

AZ director confirms Clasie talks. Confirms finances are an issue. (Shocker).

Like I said, they may be open to taking him on but certainly don't want to pay anything or the totality of his salary.

We're between a rock and a hard place. We either let him go now with some sort of salarial compensation or he'll be here doing virtually nothing except taxing our funds for another year. Let him go wherever he wants for nowt with a 52x10000£ gift.

Might as well offer Clasie a free tranafer if he foregoes his wages and then can negotiate something with AZ.

He seems desperate to stay in Holland so probably workable.

Signing hasnt worked out, but doubt the fee was overly big and his wages probably not our highest either.

He probably wishes he had never left Feyenoord. Feel a bit sorry for him.

Might as well offer Clasie a free tranafer if he foregoes his wages and then can negotiate something with AZ.

be sure that although Clasie wants to leave and will be willing to reduce his wage, he won't want to take a huge haircut. A free transfer probably wont be sufficient.

With the Prem paying such high wages, this scenario will be repeated on a regular basis requiring the Prem side to supplement wages when they go elsewhere (on loan or permanently).Cubs will need to factor this into their finances because inevitably signings will turn out to be ****.

be sure that although Clasie wants to leave and will be willing to reduce his wage, he won't want to take a huge haircut. A free transfer probably wont be sufficient.

With the Prem paying such high wages, this scenario will be repeated on a regular basis requiring the Prem side to supplement wages when they go elsewhere (on loan or permanently).Cubs will need to factor this into their finances because inevitably signings will turn out to be ****.

Worth paying him a million quid to leave I’m sure he’d accept

Worth paying him a million quid to leave I’m sure he’d accept

For the players we can't give away, like Clasie and Carrillo, that may be the only solution. Their wages would cost more. To be fair to Les Reed, one thing he was good at was unsettling and getting rid of players (unfortunately our best ones). Maybe Ross is being too nice to them.

“Doesn’t want to be at Southampton under any circumstances...” - apart from to collect an extortionate wage obviously.

Why, are we nasty to him like making him train hard or suggesting that, perhaps, it might be better if he didn't smoke?

In Short

- Clasie agrees 4 year deal with AZ Alkmaar.

- AZ have to agree a deal with Saints.

- AZ hope we will compensate on Clasie,s wages for his final contract year with us.

- Clasie will have cost us 27 million euro in total, 15 million on the transfer and 12 million on wages.

https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/2145322276/clasie-met-az-akkoord-over-contract-voor-4-jaar

In Short

- AZ hope we will compensate on Clasie,s wages for his final contract year with us.

- Clasie will have cost us 27 million euro in total, 15 million on the transfer and 12 million on wages.

https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/2145322276/clasie-met-az-akkoord-over-contract-voor-4-jaar

Thanks for the update Dr. Kucho.

In Short

Jeez, 60k a week I can believe, but 15m transfer fee doesn't seem likely.

That said, we'll have to supplement his wages to move him on. Same will apply to fraser, probably carillon, hoedt and others. I think it unrealistic to expect the club to spend much this summer, we'll be spending a fortune shifting on deadwood.

It says it all when selling players costs the club money rather than generates revenue coming in.

60k is Euro, so more like £50k a week, which is about standard really in this bloated world of football. As you say Egg, it's madness that this sort of deal is going to cost us, but it shows our folly (and not just us who does this) that we over pay and then can't rid ourselves of the burden. But I do think that if these Dutch clubs sell big, they have to accept that they are going to have to pay bigger than they want when buying back.

Looking at them, they seemed to spend big about 12 years ago - with their record incomer being about £6.3m, £5.4m (Pelle) and £4.5m. But since then it's down to £2m ish. But the sales..... In 16/17 they flogged Janssen to Spurs for £20m, and last season they flogged Jahanbakhsh to Brighton for £17.5m and someone else to the Bundesliga for £9.5m. So they can afford to pay us something and pay Clasie.

In all honesty, Jordie is the last of our worries.

Forster, Carillo,Hoedt and Cedric will be harder to shift but may see movement after 1st July but reckon at best loans in last week because teams know we are desperate to get rid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
It’s a done deal now, no transfer fee involved.

It is?!

Southampton player undergoing medical with another club, will then sign four-year deal:

Jordy Clasie returned to Southampton after a disappointing loan spell at Feyenoord last season.

The Netherlands international has no desire to stay and his future will be away from the South Coast club.

According to Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf, AZ Alkmaar are acquiring the services of the midfielder and the 28-year-old is currently undergoing medical examination prior to his switch to AZ.

It’s claimed the player will leave the English side on a permanent transfer and sign a four-year deal with the Eredivisie club.

Clasie had verbally agreed personal terms with AZ Alkmaar, but the Dutch club initially had a problem to agree terms with Ralph Hasenhüttl’s side.

There has been a new development after Southampton changed their stance. Clasie still had a year left on his contract with the Premier League club, but they have decided to end the relationship by terminating the midfielder’s current deal.

AZ Alkmaar offered him an opportunity and it has helped Clasie fulfil his aim of returning to his homeland.

Source: http://sportwitness.co.uk/southampton-player-undergoing-medical-with-another-club-will-then-sign-four-year-deal/

Original said we have paid up a portion of his remaining year:

https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/1198724778/az-haalt-clasie-binnen?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=seeding-televoetbal

Costly mistake this. How our Scouts couldnt see within minutes that he was physically miles off PL level is a mystery.

Worse that we didnt learn and brought in Elyounoussi who has the same problem.

https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/1198724778/az-haalt-clasie-binnen?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=seeding-televoetbal

Costly mistake this. How our Scouts couldnt see within minutes that he was physically miles off PL level is a mystery.

I think van Hanegem even said he was worried about his physicality in the prem.

I suppose we just needed shot of him in the end. His wages were always going to be massive for the Dutch league. Still paying a % of his wages is fair enough as it's only 1 year & he's absolutely nowhere near the 1st team.

*Sigh* I remember Kante being linked that summer too!

Ridiculous pandering to a weak manager.

Yes, but that lump sum payment has taken the wages off the wage bill.

Well no, actually it hasn't. They have simply paid (a proportion of) his wages in advance, which actually costs us more than if we had paid the same proportion over a 12 month period (due to interest).

Another much hyped signing who turnt out to be pretty useless! At least he's gone to a club where he will play which is good for him & I wish him well. A lightweight signing that was never suited to the rigours of the premier League along with boufal elynousi and carillo amongst others. Who thought these players were physical enough?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Another much hyped signing who turnt out to be pretty useless! At least he's gone to a club where he will play which is good for him & I wish him well. A lightweight signing that was never suited to the rigours of the premier League along with boufal elynousi and carillo amongst others. Who thought these players were physical enough?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

at least he was on relatively low wages (around £30-£40k) I think, and cost us around £8m- so not too much or not that low either too since guess- just one that didn’t work out as a Koeman signing- we have other bigger players hampering the wage structure- he ain’t one of them

However, you shouldn’t t say we should not make lightweight signings- Kante is just as small, Cazorla played well too amongst others.

All the best to Clasie