Jordy Clasie - Joins AZ (Official)

Saint Charlie

I really wanted Clasie to succeed and had high hopes. A year of regular football will do him the world of good and then we can assess his progress.

we wont be assessing his progress. He is going on loan as we could not sort a sale out.

I think, that will be something that only the club know. Your view is pure speculation. Rephrase the question! do I want him to play for Saints again? that depends on how he gets on with his loan.

what do you think

yes or no?

I obviously do not as clubs like saints do not let players who should be playing most weeks, who are genuine internationals go out on loan to 'see how they get on'

IMO, he will never play for saints again (or at best, not have a future here)

You really are a bore. How can I know the answer, I am not privy to the thinking behind his loan. So to give a yes or no answer, would place me in the same land of fantasy fact, that you and others on here, seem to live in.

yes or no. It is just an opinion. Just like the rest of this place otherwise, might as well shut the forum down as most things that are discussed "will be something that only the club know"

go on, just say yes or no. if you are wrong, no one will care

yes or no. It is just an opinion. Just like the rest of this place otherwise, might as well shut the forum down as most things that are discussed "will be something that only the club know"

go on, just say yes or no. if you are wrong, no one will care

Well, they sure as hell care about the tripe you continually post on here, judging by all the negative feedback you get. Go play with someone else, try Egg, he's at your level!

Well, they sure as hell care about the tripe you continually post on here, judging by all the negative feedback you get. Go play with someone else, try Egg, he's at your level!

yes or no?

easily to have a pop at others giving an opinion on a message board without giving one yourself

Over the years certain signings leave you wondering 'why' (did we sign him).

For me, Clasie fell into this bracket. Nothing against the lad, but why ?

Why? Lots of people were clamouring to sign him in 2014 and were delighted when we got him in 2015 after Morgan left. Remember in 2014 he had played in a World Cup side that finished third. With hindsight people are quick to draw parallels with the signings of Elia and Martina as Koeman idiosyncratic pet signings but they are spurious. Just go back and check his announcement thread at the time.

Over the years certain signings leave you wondering 'why' (did we sign him).

For me, Clasie fell into this bracket. Nothing against the lad, but why ?

Agreed and I also said so at the time. He was never a Schneiderlin replacement and just a Koeman getting his way type of signing.

• 4 weeks later...

The thing about Clasie, Hoj and JWP (even Steven Davis when played as a deep midfielder) is once you see Lemina play you realise just how ****ing average they are. Last season we had Romeu having to carry the central midfield almost single handed. This season if we can keep them fit Romeu and Lemina are going to be a really good central midfield pair.

Lemina proves that quality players do not require a whole season plus preseason to settle in and perform .

Lemina proves that he doesn't require a whole season plus preseason to settle in and perform. Some never manage it, some get there in time. People are different.

Lemina proves that quality players do not require a whole season plus preseason to settle in and perform .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

You mean like Henry, Drogba, and Ronaldo? They were bang average

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

No, like Boufal, Gaston & Classie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which doesn't make any logical sense at all.

Anyone can name a litany of players who never 'made it' it the premier league, for whatever reason. Maybe they just weren't suited for it. Maybe they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Maybe they were never good enough.

But the fact that one player came in from overseas and settled immediately (and we'll put aside the fact that it's far too early to write Lemina up as an unqualified success) in no way proves that any player of any quality shouldn't need any period of adjustment.

Which doesn't make any logical sense at all.

Anyone can name a litany of players who never 'made it' it the premier league, for whatever reason. Maybe they just weren't suited for it. Maybe they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Maybe they were never good enough.

But the fact that one player came in from overseas and settled immediately (and we'll put aside the fact that it's far too early to write Lemina up as an unqualified success) in no way proves that any player of any quality shouldn't need any period of adjustment.

My post was aimed at the posters who keep making excuses for Boufal, just like they did for Gaston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Has anyone followed his progress in Brugge?

Be interested to know how he got on.

Doubtful he'll get in the team, though.

league, cup and playoff stats for Club Brugge

1,227 minutes | 25 appearances (12 starts, 13 sub) | goals 1 | assists 2

was hoping he would have had more of an impact.

I want to see him given a chance as the more advanced player of the 3.

There’s a player in there somewhere, trouble is he’s not physical or fit enough to play in a 2.

Big pre season for him either way