Jordy Clasie - Joins AZ (Official)

Saint Charlie

Thought that he struggled under Koeman to adapt to English football, got an injury but then later in that season started to find the level. Then when under Puel he played mainly in cup games he looked a class act. I think he is under valued by most fans, but looks like he is on his way.

Fitness has no doubt been an issue, but like most he has probably been mismanaged over the last two seasons.

Will always think fondly of him. That goal away at West Brom is probably the last Saints goal I will have ever seen in person alongside my father.

His career didn't go as intended, but he clearly has ability. All the best to him.

Top post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you angelman - they where willing to sell him for €15mill and that is a big sum - now that we wan´t something back from that - the Saints are unreasonable - ffs if they need Jordy then pay up instead of crying in the media about the price.

I agree with you angelman - they where willing to sell him for €15mill and that is a big sum - now that we wan´t something back from that - the Saints are unreasonable - ffs if they need Jordy then pay up instead of crying in the media about the price.

I agree, the Saints should try to sell Clasie for at least 10m. As Feyenoord will never pay that much, the question is which clubs are willing to pay this kind of money for a player who failed at the Saints and more or less also at Bruges? Also, Clasie stated that he only wants to leave for Feyenoord as he and his family are not happy abroad.

If no other club is interested or Clasie doesn’t want to go to another club, I guess it’s best for everyone to send him to Feyenoord on loan so Saints doesn’t have to pay his wages and also earns some money. Unless Hughes believes that Clasie could play for the Saints occasionaly of course.

According to the Dutch Algemeen Dagblad the Saints are willing to send Clasie to Feyenoord on loan.

It is said that Feyenoord is doing everything to get Clasie back, I assume this means that it’s difficult to agree on the terms.

https://www.ad.nl/transfer-talk/feyenoord-maakt-werk-van-terugkeer-clasie~a02ac252/

I'm about to leave Paris on the Thalys train later and I go past De Kuip, will let you know if i see Jordy outside the stadium :lol:

Dutch clubs seem to like to sell expensively and buy cheaply. Very good model to stick too, but it isn't always going to work, especially when you try and buy back;) a player.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_football_transfer_record

Dutch clubs are more or less training centers for bigger leagues and need the money to survive. Their revenues from television are nothing compared to those from clubs in England, Germany, Italy etc. For example: Feyenoord gets 7 to 8 million euros each year which isn’t even enough to buy a player like Clasie. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Sheez just reading this thread is giving me goosebumps for the next Ajax-Feyenoord derby.

Looks like you’re wishes come true CC: Tadic/Ziyech vs van Persie/Clasie (and hopefully Berghuis too). When they all stay fit we might get to see a good match... :thumbup:

• 8 months later...

Can see him going out on loan again this summer...

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/jordy-clasie-southampton-fc-feyenoord-transfer-a8870616.html

Jordy Clasie's future with Southampton remains up in the air after the midfielder had a touchline bust-up with Feyenoord manager Giovanni van Bronckhorst.

The on-loan playmaker had struggled to impress as his side laboured at home to Heracles on Saturday evening, eventually being withdrawn 15 minutes from time to allow Robin van Persie to try and find Feyenoord a winner.

After arriving back in the Eredivise on loan last summer, there was some thought that Clasie would seal a permanent return to the club where he made his name but with Van Bronckhorst being replaced by Jaap Stam this summer there is great uncertainty around his future.

Speaking to De Telegraaf, Clasie revealed that doubts over where he will be playing next season have left him a little unsettled.

"Of course my future plays a part in deciding my mindset. Not directly during the matches, but subconsciously outside the competitions.

"Right now I would just want to focus on conquering third place with Feyenoord. I want to close it here as well as possible.

“I don’t have any say in what will happen to me after that. But of course I am playing for my future, there is that realisation.”

Clasie has one year left on his contract with Southampton, who are fighting for Premier League surival under Ralph Hassenhuttl.

Should the Saints decide to try and shift the Dutchman then they would likely need to sell this summer in order to recoup some of the £8m they spent on him in 2015.

If Hassenhuttl wanted a season to get a better look at Clasie then they would run the risk of him walking away from the club for nothing on a Bosman transfer.

According to some Feyenoord fans I spoke to recently, Clasie has mostly been poor for them. They don’t see why the club would want to sign him. The only good thing is that Clasie and his family want to move back to Holland and he might want to have his contract terminated.

During the 2014 World Cup we were on Holiday in Spain and one of our Dutch friends would set up his TV in his caravan awning for their games and we got excited with them as the Oranje progressed it was good fun. (To the point where for the semi we were only allowed to watch with them if we were wearing something Orange, the wife found an orange cap, but I brought the house down when I took off my fully zipped up golf jacket to reveal a KNVB shirt bought for €15 in a Nike outlet shop) Anyway I digress, when he came on as sub v Argentina they were all pretty excited and for the play off game moaning that he should have been playing earlier (but I think he had been injured) so when Saints’s picked him up I was pretty excited, you don’t get into the Dutch national team when it’s flying through being average.

Obviously the Premier League is different gravy to many other leagues - but for him to turn out to be at best average for us, especially playing for his “father” Ronald Koeman was disappointing, especially as he blocked the pathway for Reed who similar in stature showed more tenacity (albeit a bit raw) when he did play that was more suited to the PL. He needs to sort himself out but if he leaves us for buttons it’s a more palatable pill to swallow than someone like Carrillo. I keep forgetting Clasie is still one of ours until this thread gets bumped now and again.

• 4 weeks later...
Claise was a regular starter in our most successful PL season where we finished on 63 points.

So was Foster and Soares, but neither can get in the team now, things change, Clasie never had the stamina for the EPL, every game he was taken off around the 60 min mark cause he ran out of steam.

I don't even see why it matters any way, he wouldn't get in the team over OR, Hoj and Lemina, so why even discus it, unless all 3 was injured he would have no chance of starting.

Claise was a regular starter in our most successful PL season where we finished on 63 points.

I just had a look at his stats and he wasn't. He played the full 90 minutes in just 5 league games and spent a lot of time injured or on the bench.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jordy-clasie/leistungsdaten/spieler/104223/plus/0?saison=2015

The following season was even worse and he played the full 90 minutes in just 3 league games.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jordy-clasie/leistungsdaten/spieler/104223/plus/0?saison=2016

He even failed in the Belgium league, which is nowhere near Premier League standard. Time to forget him and move on.

squad player at best that season, when he started it was because we were depleted and had a few injuries.

He's a player who isn't suited to this league.

I just had a look at his stats and he wasn't. He played the full 90 minutes in just 5 league games and spent a lot of time injured or on the bench.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jordy-clasie/leistungsdaten/spieler/104223/plus/0?saison=2015

The following season was even worse and he played the full 90 minutes in just 3 league games.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jordy-clasie/leistungsdaten/spieler/104223/plus/0?saison=2016

He even failed in the Belgium league, which is nowhere near Premier League standard. Time to forget him and move on.

Once_bitterne said he was a fairly regular STARTER. He was, once he got over the ankle injury he picked up playing for the u21s. He Started 22 PL games. His problem was that he couldn't finish them. He was nearly always subbed off because he was knackered. Probably a knock on effect from his disastrous preseason, which resulted in him playing for u21s and then getting crocked. From there it was all downhill. Promising player who never really recovered from a relatively serious injury. Happens to some players.

Once_bitterne said he was a fairly regular STARTER. He was, once he got over the ankle injury he picked up playing for the u21s. He Started 22 PL games. His problem was that he couldn't finish them. He was nearly always subbed off because he was knackered. Probably a knock on effect from his disastrous preseason, which resulted in him playing for u21s and then getting crocked. From there it was all downhill. Promising player who never really recovered from a relatively serious injury. Happens to some players.

He didn’t have the stamina for 90 minutes Eredivisie before he came to Saints so the PL was even more of a problem (like it is for many Dutch players) for Clasie. I was hoping he could cope with the PL after some extensive fitness training but he just got a little more muscular so it never happened for him and Saints, pity.

I’m afraid for Jordy that no one wants him for the next season, as he didn’t add much to Bruges and to Feyenoord this last season (only 3 good games for 70 minutes or so) and because of his wages, I guess he’ll have to wait for another year.

I think we all know the only reason we signed him was because he was mates with Koeman.

yet people on here think Ralph should be given the range on who we sign, i never think the manager should be choosing the signings

yet people on here think Ralph should be given the range on who we sign, i never think the manager should be choosing the signings

When you've got someone like Ross calling the transfer shots, I'd prefer the kitman to make the calls. If Ralph wants to recommend, then he can do what he wants. It will be better.

• 5 weeks later...
According to De Telegraaf, AZ Alkmaar are hoping to sign Jordy Clasie this summer as they seek a replacement for Adam Maher.

Clasie spent last season on loan with Feyenoord from Southampton and wants to remain in the Netherlands. However, Feyenoord are not interested in bringing the midfielder back on a permanent basis.

AZ Alkmaar are, though, and head coach Arne Slot has held extensive talks with the 27-year-old in order to convince him to join the club.

Clasie is hoping that Southampton will release him from the final year of his contract, but AZ would also be willing to pay a fee, depending on the Premier League sides asking price.

AZ see Clasie as the perfect replacement for Adam Maher, who decided to leave the club and join Utrecht this summer.

Source: http://www.football-oranje.com/az-alkmaar-want-clasie/

Would AZ be able to get anywhere near his wages?

Dutch media are claiming that Clasie would take a pay cut as he is desperate to move back to the Netherlands. Clasie wants to be near his family and has ruled out playing abroad again due to homesickness.

Dutch media are claiming that Clasie would take a pay cut as he is desperate to move back to the Netherlands. Clasie wants to be near his family and has ruled out playing abroad again due to homesickness.

good to hear, that's the kind of motivation needed to get him off our wage bill.

We signed him for £8m on a 5 year contract (although transfermarkt says £13.5) and got 49 games out of him, spread over 2 seasons. As things go, not a disaster and it falls into one of those categories of "worth a chance", something a club our size has to take. £2m would be good I would have thought.

Letting him go would save about £2 million in wages anyway, but yeh AZ must be able to afford to pay some fee because they sold like over £25 million of players last year and only spent about £6 million, so asking them for £4-5 million doesn't seem absurd.

Letting him go would save about £2 million in wages anyway, but yeh AZ must be able to afford to pay some fee because they sold like over £25 million of players last year and only spent about £6 million, so asking them for £4-5 million doesn't seem absurd.

Don’t see us getting anywhere near 4-5 million for him. If we can get him out without paying anymore of his wages, it’ll be a success,IMO.

Clasie performed poor last season in the eredivisie and to get anything for him would be a good deal.