Wanyama

Sheaf Saint

Needs to be dropped IMO. Had far too many 'off' games recently. When he goes missing we crumble in midfield and surrender far too much possession to the opposition.

Stupid, unnecessary tackle to get a second yellow today (although the first was possibly a bit harsh) but worryingly we didn't miss him when he went off.

Thoughts?

Think he was pretty good aside from the red. A few shaky moments on the ball but thats always the case with him.

Only midfielder we have who can boss the midfield a bit so definitely wouldn't drop him.

Main improvement would be to try and avoid getting booked early in games as it restricts him.

We would miss him badly, indeed, we may see how much we do miss him in the next game.

With him on a yellow though I was praying we would take him off for Romeu. He can be too rash under pressure, he is really missing Morgan alongside him.

Needs to be dropped IMO. Had far too many 'off' games recently. When he goes missing we crumble in midfield and surrender far too much possession to the opposition.

Stupid, unnecessary tackle to get a second yellow today (although the first was possibly a bit harsh) but worryingly we didn't miss him when he went off.

Thoughts?

Yes I think he should be dropped for the Sunderland game like Mane was for the Villa one

Had a decent game aside from two rash challenges. He's our rock in midfield, has far more of physical presence than the likes of JWP and Clasie. Romeu is good cover but in no way should we consider dropping him.

Then you were watching a different game to me. He was jogging around doing not a lot for most of the second half, letting Bournemouth get past him and into our final third far too often. His decision making was very poor, summed up by his attempt to side-foot the ball into the net from 40 yards in one of our rare forays forward in he 2nd half. He just looked disinterested to me.

Yes I think he should be dropped for the Sunderland game
haha. right?

Look, we all thought Wanyama was carrying a bit of an injury the last few weeks. Some even thought he would be rested for the League Cup game Wednesday. He probably needed a bit of a rest anyway. Sunderland is a good one to take a game off.

The Stoke game is 20 days away.

Thoughts?

you mean we didn't get any better.

Then you were watching a different game to me. He was jogging around doing not a lot for most of the second half, letting Bournemouth get past him and into our final third far too often. His decision making was very poor, summed up by his attempt to side-foot the ball into the net from 40 yards in one of our rare forays forward in he 2nd half. He just looked disinterested to me.

ehhhh what game where you watching? He was a beast out there today Bournemouth's midfield couldn't cope with him. Not very often you see a red carded player walking off to a standing ovation while the fans sing his name but that's what happened to big vic. If his range of passing was better and more accurate he would be a top top player.

According to ESPN his record reads 3 yellows and 1 red now.

If that's true then his first today (which was his 4th of the season) gets taken off his season's tally. Which opens the door for someone to take a tactical second yellow late in the game if he was going to be rested in the next game anyway. Mane

I thought he wasn't that bad up to the sending off, made some good passes and vital breakdowns of play.

You can be guaranteed that whenever a players had an off day there's sure to be a thread with their name on it on here

Must have watched a different game to me, thought he played well with lots of clearances/tackles in that midfield. One of the reasons Bournemouth didn't create too much was the midfield shielding the defence.

Thought his first yellow wasn't even a foul. For the 2nd someone had to have a go at tackling the bloke, it all stemmed from Romeu making a bad mistake and getting caught trying to cut a pass by running forward but didn't, then the geezer ran past Yoshi I think it was, and was getting into a decent shooting area. It was a booking but wasn't too far off being a great tackle. As someone else says thats his job and he will pick up yellows. Was surprised to see that it was his first red for us.

Gives Romeu a chance to step up next week, good that we have a bit of depth these days. Least season it would have involved putting Toby in the middle.

Disagree completely with this.

He is possible our most important player. Breaks so much down in midfield and reads the game superbly. Maybe not the best on the ball (we have Davis/JWP for that) but it is the often unseen work he does that frustrates teams and makes us so hard to beat.

Luckily (kind of) we will be without him now so we can see the impact of dropping him in the next game.