New England In The Fall - Anyone Done It?

View From The Top

Never done New England but you also get all the fall colours in the Blue Ridge mountains in North Carolina and Virginia. Drive the Blue Ridge Parkway and spend a couple of days in Asheville and a couple in Washington DC. The weather is better too.

http://www.blueridgeparkway.org/

mrs and I went on our Honeymoon in 2004

started in New York , stayed there for 77 days then drove to Niagara Falls (10 hours) and stayed at "Niagara on the Lake" for a couple of days was very cool, we then drove to Vermont and stayed in the town of Richmond Vermont and visited Ben and Jerrys Icecream .... someone else mentioned Stowe and can concur its pretty awesome there.

Admittedly as we went early September was probably a week or two too early but building up the Frequent flyers to do it again probably in 2017.... This time from Boston, spending 10 days in Boston, New hampshire, Vermont and then driving down to New York....

ah typing this has made me sad.... I really liked Vermont

If heading over during half term - you probably want to focus on Southern Vermont/Western Massachusetts. It varies by year, but generally the peak foliage conditions in Northern Vermont/New Hampshire occur in the first couple weeks of October. I would think Stowe, VT would be past its best by half term.

Yep. Went to Boston 11 years ago this month. Very nice. A bit cold. Lexington and Concord look amazing.

It certainly can be chilly, esp the evenings - but then again, it is around 20 degrees C most of this week - might even get the shorts out again.

Yep. Went to Boston 11 years ago this month. Very nice. A bit cold. Lexington and Concord look amazing.

Nice thing about Boston as well though is that it has some amazing pubs to drink in to avoid the cold.

Though Harvard Yard now has a Wagamammas which is a bit odd

Drove from New York to Buffalo, via Burlington, Vermont, in mid-October. Spectacular.

Then went over the border to Toronto. Hideous.

Lies and slander.

Toronto is an incredible place but obviously won't compare with the fall beauty of countryside areas. Perhaps venture north of Toronto into the lakes in future, then you'll see more beautiful sights.

Lies and slander.

Toronto is an incredible place but obviously won't compare with the fall beauty of countryside areas. Perhaps venture north of Toronto into the lakes in future, then you'll see more beautiful sights.

I was referring to the drive from Buffalo, compared to the drive through NY and Vermont. Had a great time in Toronto itself, but didn't have the time to venture further north.