Chris Powell and Chris Ramsey

hypochondriac

We're both sacked yesterday. It's a shame when any managers lose their jobs (they are human beings after all) but how does everyone feel about what anti-racism campaigner Troy Townsend (father of Andros) had to say on the matter:

"People will look and think 'Is it worth it? Is it because of the colour of their skin? Or is it because they are bad managers?"

"I know people will say results are not right but there is a lot more to it than that.

"Today is disheartening without a doubt."

So do you indeed think there is a lot more to it than that or do you agree with Frank sinclair that there are opportunities for black managers and to blame their sackings on racism is ludicrous?

If Townsend hasn't been misquoted and that is indeed what he said then he is a plank. QPR and 'Udders were 13th an 18th respectively, plenty of white managers have been sacked for far better results than that.

You've got to pick the right fights in life and if Troy starts making a fuss out of this, people will be less inclined to take him seriously when he has a genuine grievance.

Absurd comments. They were both failing at their jobs.

As a man called Chris, I might point out that this was a sad day for blokes called Chris. Is it because they are bad managers or is it because they are called Chris?

I think we are seeing the beginning of an outbreak of Chrisophobia!

I think we are seeing the beginning of an outbreak of Chrisophobia!

I have a friend called Chris and he's never encountered these types of chrisophobia that you describe. Your stats from studies don't prove anything. The vast majority of people called Chris live their lives in peace.

Let's be honest about this, it's all become very tiresome isn't it. A black manager doesn't get a job, it must be because he's black, a manager loses his job that must be because he's black. The constant bleating that black managers don't get a fair chance, that more needs to be done to encourage black players to become managers. Isn't it all very patronising and dull? The evidence is there for all to see that black managers are getting chances to get decent jobs and if a black players wants to get into management then they're more than capable of working out what they need to do to get one, without some patronising encouragement to do so.

You just knew when it was announced that Ramsey had been sacked someone would be quick to come out bleating about how terrible it is for black managers, this despite him doing a spectacularly poor job at QPR. Personally I'd say its a good thing, he got a premier league job, he failed, he got sacked, he wasn't given any special treatment, he was judged on results, not on his skin colour, no special treatment was given him, which is exactly how it should be.

Absurd comments. They were both failing at their jobs.

As a man called Chris, I might point out that this was a sad day for blokes called Chris. Is it because they are bad managers or is it because they are called Chris?

That is probably the most sensible post I have ever read on this site. A perfect description of a silly situation created by Townsends old fella

We'll end up with a situation opppsite to the one Townsend and others desire - clubs too scared to employ black managers because of the fuss sacking them causes. Constantly banging on about colour creates divisions not harmony. I suppose Chris Hughton will be sacked next...hold on.... he won't!! He's doing a good job with Brighton and that's all that matters to a club. Not the colour of the manager's skin!

Sounds to me that he wants a black manager to be able keep their job until they want to leave.

It doesn't matter what the results are like, if the club drops down the divisions or totally folds up

the black manager's position must be totally fire proof.

How long before people like him start demanding that all staff and players at every club must be black?

I am very sick and tired of the whole racism used as a shield thing. I once had the misfortune to have an employee with an Olympic sizes chip on his shoulder about his skin colour. He had a real attitude problem and would constantly seek confrontation with other employees as an excuse not to do his job in the end I had to get rid of him because he was far too disruptive and not actually doing the job I was paying him for. The conversation did actually go:

Me: I'm going to have to let you go, you've been warned about your performance and behaviour and neither have changed for the better

Him: it's because I'm black innit

Me: no, it's because you aren't doing the job you are paid to do and your disruptive behaviour

Him: that's nothing to do with it, it's because I'm black. You're a racist

(5 minutes pass during which I was accused of being responsible for the entire slave trade)

Me: listen pal, I'm sacking you because you're **** at your job and your attitude stinks. Now get out.

He even tried to take me to tribunal and get race relations involved. Massive waste of everyone's time since it was immediately dismissed once I presented my evidence.

Problem is, plenty of people out there decide to use the colour of their skin as a weapon. Townsend just wants black managers, nothing wrong with that. However he is very misguided to use these sackings to further his own agenda

QPR are owned by Asians (Fernandez, Mittal etc..) and have a black director of football (Ferdinand) and they appointed a black manager (Ramsey).

As soon as they sack their manager it becomes an issue of race (in some minds!) - bizarre !!

Reminds me of the people who watch TV waiting to be offended so they can write in to Points of View

Is it any wonder that people question the validity of figures about discrimination when you have people like this who look for examples of racism where there is none?

I'd like to see more done to encourage white sprinters to reach the 100 metres final. White spinters are hugely under represented in this area. We really should introduce the equivalent of the Rooney rule at every 100 metre final whereby a white sprinter has to be represented in it. The lack of white sprinters is a real issue and more needs to be done to encourage them.

I'd like to see more done to encourage white sprinters to reach the 100 metres final. White spinters are hugely under represented in this area. We really should introduce the equivalent of the Rooney rule at every 100 metre final whereby a white sprinter has to be represented in it. The lack of white sprinters is a real issue and more needs to be done to encourage them.

Whites are ****e at sprinting and blacks are ****e at swimming.

Them's the facts.

This whole subject is just getting tiresome now. Football has to be one of the most ethnically diverse industries around.

Where I work I see only white people, turn on the TV and the House of Commons is virtually all white, the head of 'x' business or bank interviewed on the news is nearly always white, watch England play rugby and it's virtually all white, same with cricket. Then you get some "kick it out " **** telling us football has a problem when every week I watch a multitude of different colours and nationalities kick a ball around and not a hint of racism in the stands.

It seem to me that football fans are the people suffering from prejudice nowadays.

We're both sacked yesterday. It's a shame when any managers lose their jobs (they are human beings after all) but how does everyone feel about what anti-racism campaigner Troy Townsend (father of Andros) had to say on the matter:

"People will look and think 'Is it worth it? Is it because of the colour of their skin? Or is it because they are bad managers?"

"I know people will say results are not right but there is a lot more to it than that.

"Today is disheartening without a doubt."

So do you indeed think there is a lot more to it than that or do you agree with Frank Sinclair that there are opportunities for black managers and to blame their sackings on racism is ludicrous?

They got sacked because of bad results, to think anything else is frankly preposterous, especially when the same people that sacked them gave them the bloody jobs in the first place. Townsend is doing no-one any favours.