7th/8th November Other PL Games

lickierambert

Also, I know I should really ignore him, but Redknapp said on BT earlier that Bournemouth were the best team to come out of the Championship in the last 10 years.

Really Harry? Better than the Reading side that amassed 106 points then went on to finish 8th the next year?

Better than the Swansea and Stoke sides that have gone on to thrive in the following 6-8 years?

Better than even our side, 4 of whom have gone on to play in the champions league?

If Bournemouth can't win when they play well, and they lose when they play badly, then they are already long gone. Can't see a way out, they are not good enough.

If they had a decent striker, they would have won points today.

Their chairman has said funds are available in Jan to buy one. Depends if they get someone in and he scores a few.

vardy is on fire. scored again

he has to start one of the england games up front. surely

To be fair it was only a penalty and he's not even the usual penalty taker, Mahrez let him have it - so I can see them struggling to score if they spend all next week trying to set him specifically up to score for a 10th game in a row.

As much as I'm enjoying Chelsea's struggles, that remy decision annoys me. It was a clear penalty and all that does is benefit cheats by convincing players that they won't get decision if they try to stay on their feet.

Exactly, all the crap said about him needing to go down to get a penalty, when it was a foul whether he fell over or not. This is precisely my argument about diving - if refs give penalties for actual fouls WITHOUT players needing to fall over, then it reduces the number of dives to begin with and removes any "legitimate" incentive to do so.

As much as I'm enjoying Chelsea's struggles, that remy decision annoys me. It was a clear penalty and all that does is benefit cheats by convincing players that they won't get decision if they try to stay on their feet.

Agreed . Shocking from the ref . Whether he touched Remy is ( or at least should be ) irrelevant . He had to take action to avoid being clattered .

I expect Remy got some serious clog from the senior pros & coaching staff , as it was pretty simple to just allow the keeper to hit you and make sure it's a pen . You may get hurt , but you've got to take one for the team . They're down to 10 and it's 1-1 ( provided the pen goes in) . Personally , I'm not so sure it was a question of Remy " doing the right thing" more a case of jumping out the way to avoid injury . He should have let the keeper clean him out and then there's no chance the ref won't give it. There's nothing in the rules that says if you can avoid being fouled you must jump out of the way.

There's almost certainly one CL place up for grabs now. Liverpool and Tottenham must be champing at the bit.

Can't see Leicester keeping up the pace, just like us last season

We were never top to be fair.

I don't understand how their defence has managed to perform in all honest, it looks poor as hell.

To be fair it was only a penalty and he's not even the usual penalty taker, Mahrez let him have it - so I can see them struggling to score if they spend all next week trying to set him specifically up to score for a 10th game in a row.

he is still an excellent striker.

best in the league this season.

also, Lingard has now played a couple of games for united and also scored.

MUST be a shoe-in for the next England squad.

with England, thought it was typical of roy to tell vardy he should just be happy to be called up at the moment....ffs

Edited by Batman

Sign Toby and now have the best defence in the league.

Really well drilled off the ball, attack with purpose.

Lots of young, athletic players rather than Schweinsteiger type players past their best.

Took longer than he expected but coming together for them now. If they could add some real quality in attack to compliment Kane and Eriksen next summer then they would have a really class first XI.

Alli for £6m was a steal. Everyone knew he was one of the best young, English lads around, suprised only Spurs, Villa and Newcastle really went for him. Definition of a low risk, high potential buy.

Edited by Saint Charlie