Anyone know where Mane lives?

Huffton

To paraphrase. van Gaal / Man U treat the players badly but pay them so much money they dont care.

yes, but that being paid a lot and being a higher profile individual is not a guarantee of playing at all. It never has been, but definitely moreso under van gaal's reign. Valdes, depay, di maria etc. Generously paid but treated like dross. Doesn't matter who you were before you came if you don't work hard and fit into his system and deliver results, you won't get game time.

Makes me wonder why on earth he's stuck with rooney. in any case.

I have the same feeling. BUT his agent will get richer by convincing him that he'll become a millionaire overnight..and eventually he'll go.

In the present market, and with MU throwing around money like a man with six arms ...we should be around £40 million the richer....(or should it be £50 million?)

I'm fairly sure that Les and Ronald will take an extra peep at the Black Box and come up with a cut-price replacement, and the rest will, cover our loss on the Gaston / Osvaldo deals .

Yep those are the biggest issue facing football still - agents and players obscene wages forcing players into teams they have no real right to play for and end up lost and useless. A classic example against Villa the other week with Sinclair.

Mane has talent and would love him to stay here and become a real star but think his agent will see the mega £'s and another player will fail in Manchester

like. Anyone would think we all get a share of the bloody money.

On another note, you seriously don't think Mane is world class do you? I understand some on here thought that 'whathisname' that was on loan last season was world class, which was frankly a joke, and though clearly Mane is so much better than him, world class?

World Class = being able to get in any team in the world, club and country.

Hard pressed to think of any playing in this country presently tbh, maybe the Chelsea keeper Cortoius (i know that is the wrong spelling), Courtinio perhaps (but needs to show a bit more), struggling really, Steven Davis anyone?

de bruyne, zabaleta, cech, schneiderlin, agureo, silva, willian, ozil, lloris, schweingstiger (maybe not so much this season) pedro, sanchez, ivanovich (also not this season...) ?

off the top of my head

not sure who I'd class as a world class CB. kompany maybe? terry? I realise this is very man city focused list. unintended and apologies. I don't think its entirely laughable that alderweireld isn't nearing that level though. He just hasn't been tested enough. But he did well for AM, well for saints and very good for a shaky tottenham back line. I'm not pushing it too strongly, but he's not far off being a very very good player.

awaiting the coming storm of 'being shot down'

Edited by eddie

I don't really like the term world class, it's thrown around so easily. This is just my opinion, but players who I class as world class are those who have experienced success at all levels. Domestic, European, International World Cups/Euro's.

Ronaldo, Messi, Ozil, Schewinstiger, Lahm, Fat Ronaldo, Ronaldinhio, Kaka, Rivaldo, Beckham, Muller, Henry, Viera, Nedved, Cannavaro, Pirlo - This is just off the top of my head and I've probably missed some obvious, but those players have the attributes of what i'd consider world class.

De Bruyne, Zabaleta, Cech, Morgan, Willian, Lloris aren't there. They're in the group below in my opinion.

I don't really like the term world class, it's thrown around so easily. This is just my opinion, but players who I class as world class are those who have experienced success at all levels. Domestic, European, International World Cups/Euro's.

Ronaldo, Messi, Ozil, Schewinstiger, Lahm, Fat Ronaldo, Ronaldinhio, Kaka, Rivaldo, Beckham, Muller, Henry, Viera, Nedved, Cannavaro, Pirlo - This is just off the top of my head and I've probably missed some obvious, but those players have the attributes of what i'd consider world class.

De Bruyne, Zabaleta, Cech, Morgan, Willian, Lloris aren't there. They're in the group below in my opinion.

I'd add Zlatan as well to that group.

fair. cech I'd root for, trouble is that czech republic aren't exactly world cup winning team.

So, this could result in a big Depay day for us, then?

I wonder whether he'd pass the character profiling. been a bit in the news recently about him being a bit of a bell end when it comes to national team, and his attitude at utd wasn't great. may just be rumours, but you certainly don't want someone who thinks they're the knees of the bee and whose attitude isn't the best for the team

I wonder whether he'd pass the character profiling. been a bit in the news recently about him being a bit of a bell end when it comes to national team, and his attitude at utd wasn't great. may just be rumours, but you certainly don't want someone who thinks they're the knees of the bee and whose attitude isn't the best for the team

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/585922/Southampton-Ronald-Koeman-blasts-Memphis-Depay-Manchester-United

Yep those are the biggest issue facing football still - agents and players obscene wages forcing players into teams they have no real right to play for and end up lost and useless. A classic example against Villa the other week with Sinclair.

Mane has talent and would love him to stay here and become a real star but think his agent will see the mega £'s and another player will fail in Manchester

Interesting to consider the progress / decline of some of our former players in their new teams.

Many clubs seem to think they solve problems by buying in a top talent, who already has a reputation, and expecting him to become the "missing piece of the jigsaw".

Clearly that doesn't work. The entire Torres / Carroll fiasco deals must have proven that. Di Maria was pitiful at MU and some of LvG's new stars aren't shining so much.

I really expected Lambert and Lallana to excel at Liverpool, but Rodgers clearly didn't seem them as a partnership, and rarely played them together. Result disaster.

Saints' succes is built on the whole team as a unit and playing to our strengths, which was the L&L partnership for several seasons. We used it to good effect.

We all joke over the poster who likened Mane to Ali Dia a year ago, but Mane learned quickly and found his success role, hence his popularity with MU (if true).

In time, there will come an offer that neither Mane (nor, I suspect...SFC ) cannot refuse, and he'll go.....having been a great success - in our set-up.

He will move - for a club record fee...but unless he's very fortunate will disappear into the huge MU squad - and end up on the bench - if he fails to score after 3-4 games.

On the face of it, it's a win-win situation for him....and Saints. But it may be that he is the "loser". He'll become a rich and very talented footballer on the MU bench.

Edited by david in sweden

I really expected Lambert and Lallana to excel at Liverpool, but Rodgers clearly didn't seem them as a partnership, and rarely played them together. Result disaster.

Did you? :o I was fairly sure from the start that Lambert was rarely getting off the bench, and Lallana was going to be a more frequent than not starter who only lasted an hour in games and was eventually overlooked for some artisan as he's not as good as Coutinho. Klopp seems to like him though.

If, and it is only an if, what I was told yesterday is true then we will get in Jan' what we would all consider top end of what we'd settle for in the summer!

I'll hopefully find out more tomorrow evening.

I'd hope that if he does go we don't delve into the market for a replacement until the summer.

£40m or so? Interesting.

Replacement is hard as you wouldnt want to let another good season fizzle out, but equally don't want to waste money.

Thats why we should hold off until the summer whatever happens and then can recruit quality to replace quality.

For those saying Mane's first touch isn't good enough for United...I don't think they want him for that. They want his threat, pace, movement, balance, versatility, potential.

£40m or so? Interesting.

Replacement is hard as you wouldnt want to let another good season fizzle out, but equally don't want to waste money.

Thats why we should hold off until the summer whatever happens and then can recruit quality to replace quality.

For those saying Mane's first touch isn't good enough for United...I don't think they want him for that. They want his threat, pace, movement, balance, versatility, potential.

The only way I could see us selling in Jan is if we already had a replacement in place ready to transfer in on the 1st of Jan.

To be honest considering how adamant Koeman was about keeping Mane in the summer I'd be surprised if he was happy to see him leave four months later.

A

£40m or so? Interesting.

For those saying Mane's first touch isn't good enough are talking out of their arse...I don't think they want him for that. They want his threat, pace, movement, balance, versatility, potential.

Edited..the only time Manes control is not superb is when he's thinking too far ahead of himself...certainly better than Rooneys.

You can't judge on one game alone of course, and Mane has had other great games too, but if United were interested in the summer, watching him against Chelsea would have absolutely confirmed to them that he could do a job.

Whatever form Chelsea are in, it was still the team that won the league last year and he completely destroyed them.

For what it's worth, I can't see it happening in January - if they are willing to pay £40m for him in Jan, i see no reason why they wouldnt be willing to do the same in the summer when it suits us. Wouldnt be surprised if a deal was struck well before the summer though, and we're presumably already on the case for a replacement.

Just hugely frustrating that we won't see him in a Saints shirt next season as he continues to improve. He really is an outstanding (but certainly not world class) player

You can't judge on one game alone of course, and Mane has had other great games too, but if United were interested in the summer, watching him against Chelsea would have absolutely confirmed to them that he could do a job.

Whatever form Chelsea are in, it was still the team that won the league last year and he completely destroyed them.

For what it's worth, I can't see it happening in January - if they are willing to pay £40m for him in Jan, i see no reason why they wouldnt be willing to do the same in the summer when it suits us. Wouldnt be surprised if a deal was struck well before the summer though, and we're presumably already on the case for a replacement.

Just hugely frustrating that we won't see him in a Saints shirt next season as he continues to improve. He really is an outstanding (but certainly not world class) player

He destroyed them last season too.

I heard Utd were in for Mahrez from Leicester. Would they go for both Mahrez and Mane?

And Ayoze Perez from Newcastle as well apparently

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11984184/Manchester-United-consider-January-move-for-Newcastle-striker-Ayoze-Perez.html

Manchester United are interested in signing Newcastle United striker Ayoze Perez and could bid for the Spaniard in January.

Perez is also being watched by the likes of Tottenham and Arsenal, but United are thought to be keenest on the 22-year-old and have been monitoring his progress since he joined Newcastle from Tenerife last year.

If, and it is only an if, what I was told yesterday is true then we will get in Jan' what we would all consider top end of what we'd settle for in the summer!

I'll hopefully find out more tomorrow evening.

I'd hope that if he does go we don't delve into the market for a replacement until the summer.

Why? Because it is important that we play with a much weakened side for the second half of the season. Perhaps a brief (or long) flirtation with relegation would make the season more interesting for you.

It's that time of the year again I see!

Seems the transfer talk always ramps up once the international break comes along, or have I imagined that?

As for Man U. The money they've spent since Fergie departed is nauseating, yet they still need more players! Their transfer policy seems to consist of throwing money around left right and centre with no actual plan. How wonderful that money doesn't seem to matter to them :x

Mane lives on a road off of chilbolton avenue in winchester. Just rented accommodation, so if he's on the move its probably to buy a house somewhere closer to the training ground. He's always late.

Hopefully its that.

So basically without going into too much detail and dropping someone in the **** a friend of mine works for a company that carries out routine contract work at Manes house. This person knows nothing about football, all they know is that they work at the house of a Saints player in Winchester. Thats why I asked where Mane lives. Yesterday the company was told the contract was not being renewed after January as the 'client' was moving. Apparently the boss then called the agent to ask for more clarification, and to ask why they couldn't carry on at his new address as they cover the whole of the south, the agent wouldn't say too much but the word Manchester was mentioned.

I would have posted this earlier but I was at work and I'm buggered if I'm typing that lot out on a phone...

Anyone know whether Sadio has any pets? Heard a rumour he wants to get a dog to be mates with Juanmi's dog (Gala)

It's a shame Corky is in South Wales now, as I'm sure Gala would get on well with Alfie (Portuguese Water Dog).

Hopefully its that.

So basically without going into too much detail and dropping someone in the **** a friend of mine works for a company that carries out routine contract work at Manes house. This person knows nothing about football, all they know is that they work at the house of a Saints player in Winchester. Thats why I asked where Mane lives. Yesterday the company was told the contract was not being renewed after January as the 'client' was moving. Apparently the boss then called the agent to ask for more clarification, and to ask why they couldn't carry on at his new address as they cover the whole of the south, the agent wouldn't say too much but the word Manchester was mentioned.

I would have posted this earlier but I was at work and I'm buggered if I'm typing that lot out on a phone...

Right up there with the postman who was delivering mail to Vialli in Ocean Village.

Mane lives in Woolston, above the Thai massage parlour in Bridge Road.

Sadio, Pelle, Stephen Davis, Graziano and Big Vic , plus Sammy Lee all can often be spotted around Winchester city, along with Adkins , Oakley etc etc .

I'm wandering around Winchester a couple of times a day a few times a week and my Saints sightings over the past 4 years have been confined to Le Tiss and Van Dijk. :(

like. Anyone would think we all get a share of the bloody money.

On another note, you seriously don't think Mane is world class do you? I understand some on here thought that 'whathisname' that was on loan last season was world class, which was frankly a joke, and though clearly Mane is so much better than him, world class?

World Class = being able to get in any team in the world, club and country.

Hard pressed to think of any playing in this country presently tbh, maybe the Chelsea keeper Cortoius (i know that is the wrong spelling), Courtinio perhaps (but needs to show a bit more), struggling really, Steven Davis anyone?

Not really, no..... Maybe in the future. Just a bit of artistic licence on my part of to get my point across, afterall I thought we all went to football to watch good players, not to marvel at the amount of money the club get as another player I enjoy watching walks out the door.

World Class = being able to get in any team in the world, club and country. /QUOTE]

Oh good Lord, Noodles, give it a rest - it was me that said it, not "some on here" and you know it. And I said "potential world class" which is a big difference. And I got it wrong about Eljero, and I'm not afraid to say it. The potential world class comment was connected to the level he had played at before - what can I say, I had high hopes. I also stuck up for Mane in the early days when everyone else was sl*gging him off, and the reason I liked him was because he looked so unconventionally crieative when he played, even though he clearly needed time to settle in. I'd say he has lots of potential to be world class even if your definition differs to mine.

And frankly, I'm quite happy being the optimist that I am whether I get it right or wrong in the future. Now you go and polish your d*ck in the mirror and tell yourself what a clever boy you are if it makes you feel better!! ;)