R.I.P Mike O'Callaghan

Bad Wolf

Very sad and shocking news if true, only 65. Has this been confirmed? Mot seen anything on Facebook or Twitter myself (surprised Mick C has not tweeted as they are great mates). Great bloke, spent time chatting with him at the Black Bear in Moreton a few years back and of course that special day back in May 1976.

If this is true perhaps someone can update the thread title, would be nice to have his name at least spelled correctly.

Nooo. I had the good fortune to meet him a few years back. He was happy to chat away about his time at Saints and what was happening now. He seemed like a really decent bloke and who will forget the shift he put in at the Cup Final? Very sad news. RIP big fella.

It is not Six foot two eyes of Blue Jimmy Steele but apparently a fan who had a nickname of Jimmy Steele

Met him more than a few times down the years travelling around the country watching Saints and at various events. A lovely guy and a true Saint through and through. Really sad news and wish the best to his family at such a horrible time. RIP.

Sad to lose a well known face who you always saw no matter where Saints were playing. Sound lad who was passionate about his Club and City.

First spoke to him at length when we got in to a scrape in the Main Stand at Maine Road. He had comps from Chris Nicholl and I had the same from Graham Baker. Needless to say that whilst I sat on my hands, Mike was a bit too passionate about Saints for some of the locals liking!!!! A late goal for City didn't help.

Pretty sure many will have their own stories to tell about him.

RIP fella.

Mike was a true fan, decent guy too.

got a lot of unjust stick from some of the clowns on here because the TV or radio asked him for an opinion.

though I had to laugh when he was on Talksport once and started moaning about Cortese's car parking charges and they said along the lines of "Jesus mate, look where you have come over the last two or three years and you moan about car park charges" and then they cut him off.

Good old Mike, always did have something to say

RIP ,

Never knew the fella apart from seeing him all up and down and over the country.

Same here .... got as far as "alright mate" and nodding terms whenever we passed each other at numerous away grounds.

A truly dedicated Saints Mush. RIP fella and condolences to his family and close friends.

First met "Jim" whilst travelling to away games on Clive Foley's coach back in 1979. A lovely bloke and very passionate Saints fan. Like others, I didn't agree with a lot of his political agenda, during his SISA days but no doubting how much he loved the club and the city. RIP Mate!!

Pleased to see that this Forum is being respectful to a guy who had strong opinions, not always popular, but he was undoubtedly a 100% Saint.

Many on here ridiculed him as SISA's Chairman, many on here hated the fact that he had a voice that was louder than theirs.

But the reason he had that voice was because he wasn't afraid of putting his name out there, unlike many on here who hide and snipe behind that cloak of anonymity.

You were a great Saints fan, Mike....... and that is all that matters.

Pleased to see that this Forum is being respectful to a guy who had strong opinions, not always popular, but he was undoubtedly a 100% Saint.

Many on here ridiculed him as SISA's Chairman, many on here hated the fact that he had a voice that was louder than theirs.

But the reason he had that voice was because he wasn't afraid of putting his name out there, unlike many on here who hide and snipe behind that cloak of anonymity.

You were a great Saints fan, Mike....... and that is all that matters.

Well said Duncan never could understand all the sniping about him whenever he was asked his opinion e all have our opinions but at the end of the day we all want success for SFC

RIP jim top lad at least he had the balls to stand up and put himself in the firing line because he was passionate and like most of us at the time hated the way the club was going(the branfoot era) as part of the original set up of SISA i didnt like the politics part of it but Jim always spoke his mind.He was a popular lad and the courage and fight he showed during his battle with the tumour is nothing less than admirable and im sure he will get a send off befitting a true saints fan.

Sad to hear the news, as many have said didn't know him that well but always said 'all right mate' whenever we crossed paths. Shock to read he was 65, thought he was younger than that.

RIP Mike.

Jimmy Steele is 65 Mike O C was in his late 50s

Like a lot of others I knew 'Jim' to nod to and over the years had a few pints and chats with him at various games/events.

Didn't mind getting his hands dirty and I found him very knowledgeable about a lot of things. R.I.P.

• 2 weeks later...

Mike (Jim ) had a fantastic send off today with what must have been over 500 people in attendance, it was nice to see a lot of old faces from back in the day shame about the circumstances. Nick Illingsworth gave a good eulogy which brought a few smiles on a sad occasion, tonight's result was not what you ordered Jim. R.I.P Jim.