Terrorist Attacks - WARNING: CONTAINS DISTRESSING IMAGES

sadoldgit

I've previously explained why your attitude amounts to apologism of Islamic terror. You haven't got a shred of evidence that I have a problem with all Muslims, instead you wrongly attempt to equate the extremist views of Sour Mash with others to try to discredit them. You're a joke.

So no list of apologists then? And just because in your world someone who says this has nothing to do with peaceful Muslims seems to be some kind of apology for the deluded murderers, it doesn't make it so. Not once I have I made any attempt to apologise for these crimes. As for your view on Muslims. Did you or did you not say thank goodness that your wife isn't a practising Muslim? That would seem to indicate that you wouldn't have been comfortable with her if she was a practising Muslim would it not? Then there are the constant attacks on my posts. All I am saying is that normal Muslims are no more responsible for these murders and attacks than the rest of us but you seem to jump down my throat whenever I make that point. You constantly seek out my posts and have a dig but you leave Sour Mash alone. Why is that? Because quite clearly you share his opinions. You are the joke. So much so that you keep clear of another website because you know you will get ripped apart there as usual. Why did you jump to the support of Katie Hopkins when I raised her point about Muslims not doing enough? You were straight in on her side. Not one of us knows how much information Muslims pass on to the security services and just a few weeks earlier there had been a march in London to protest about the extremist attacks, but you decided to side with her and have a pop, again, at normal, peaceful people. You might not be as extreme as Sour Mash (again, why do you never, ever challenge his posts?) but you are right up there with Batman. Please don't pretend you don't have a problem with Islam. Your posts here show that you clearly do.

As this is my last post today I'll take the time to also reply to Sour Mash (as it is a stupid point that you have also made in the past).

Just because I am not best buddies with a load of Muslims, it doesn't mean that I cant have an opinion about the situation. As I said before, most of us here do not know a single Saints player but it doesn't stop us having an opinion about the club or the team. It is reducing the debate to a child's level. I don't pick and chose my friends from some kind of diversity hit list, do you? As for knowing Muslims Sour Mash, are those the ones you have put in hospital?

So no list of apologists then? And just because in your world someone who says this has nothing to do with peaceful Muslims seems to be some kind of apology for the deluded murderers, it doesn't make it so. Not once I have I made any attempt to apologise for these crimes. As for your view on Muslims. Did you or did you not say thank goodness that your wife isn't a practising Muslim? That would seem to indicate that you wouldn't have been comfortable with her if she was a practising Muslim would it not?

I have a problem with the Islamic stance on homosexuals and the idea that my wife does not have the same rights as me. My wife has relatives in Denmark and Canada who are forced to wear the burkha and who I know are treated as less than their husbands. I feel grateful every day that my father in law was a more enlightened individual who believes in British values and who did not want that for his daughter so yes I am very glad that my wife does not practice Islam, particularly because it would be hard to be married to someone whose religion I did not believe in. Does this mean I have a problem with "all Muslims?" Of course not, only a simpleton would believe that.

Then there are the constant attacks on my posts. All I am saying is that normal Muslims are no more responsible for these murders and attacks than the rest of us but you seem to jump down my throat whenever I make that point.

Hold on a second. You have three posts a day and you use the majority of them on here responding to posts I have made, even ones that haven't referenced you at all. You've tied yourself up in knots trying to tell us that you know better than some actual Muslims who believe that there is a problem with Islamic extremism. You're a big reason that this problem is not currently being addressed because your solution to the problem is dialogue with Islamic State. You're an idealistic leftist who lives in a fantasy land.

You constantly seek out my posts and have a dig but you leave Sour Mash alone. Why is that? Because quite clearly you share his opinions.

That is a nonsense statement. Can't be bothered to trawl back through the thread but I've disagreed with Sour Mash on here on more than one occasion. Are you suggesting that every poster you don't post about you automatically agree with? This is why you are viewed with scorn on here because you ascribe motives to people and put words in the mouths of others.

You are the joke. So much so that you keep clear of another website because you know you will get ripped apart there as usual. Why did you jump to the support of Katie Hopkins when I raised her point about Muslims not doing enough? You were straight in on her side.

:lol: You've gone off the deep end with that one! Kindly point out where I went straight to Katie Hopkin's defence? You won't be able to because I didn't. Another lie.

Not one of us knows how much information Muslims pass on to the security services and just a few weeks earlier there had been a march in London to protest about the extremist attacks, but you decided to side with her and have a pop, again, at normal, peaceful people. You might not be as extreme as Sour Mash (again, why do you never, ever challenge his posts?) but you are right up there with Batman. Please don't pretend you don't have a problem with Islam. Your posts here show that you clearly do.

I didn't do this, it's in your head. Do you dream some of this stuff up? I have never defended Katie Hopkins from anything, she's a hack who deliberately says controversial stuff to prolong her career.

As this is my last post today I'll take the time to also reply to Sour Mash (as it is a stupid point that you have also made in the past).

Just because I am not best buddies with a load of Muslims, it doesn't mean that I cant have an opinion about the situation. As I said before, most of us here do not know a single Saints player but it doesn't stop us having an opinion about the club or the team. It is reducing the debate to a child's level. I don't pick and chose my friends from some kind of diversity hit list, do you? As for knowing Muslims Sour Mash, are those the ones you have put in hospital?

I have a problem with extremist Islam and I consider some of the teachings of Islam to be objectionable. This does not by any means mean that I have a problem with all Muslims. If this were the case I would have a problem with my wife's uncle which I do not. Your views are laughable not because you don't know any Muslims but because you dismiss the views of those who do and pretend that you know better. You are entitled to a view on Muslims and Islam despite not knowing any but don't try and pretend that your opinion is more valid than people who have actual relationships and experiences of others in the Islamic faith because you appear to be an arrogant leftist, safe to virtue signal about how morally superior you are in your ivory tower with no idea of what you are talking about.

Word of advice and I know it's hard for you but please at least attempt not to lump everyone who disagrees with you in together, it really makes you look foolish.

Edited by hypochondriac

Haven't looked at the link but I presume it is the Saudi footballers not taking part in a minutes silence in Aus?

How very dare you disrespect one of our very best customers, their petro-dollars keep any number of UK citizens gainfully employed and post-Brexit SA will be right up there in Empire 2.0 with a UK loyalty points card. Pass the sick bag Alice.

I have a problem with extremist Islam and I consider some of the teachings of Islam to be objectionable. This does not by any means mean that I have a problem with all Muslims. If this were the case I would have a problem with my wife's uncle which I do not. Your views are laughable not because you don't know any Muslims but because you dismiss the views of those who do and pretend that you know better. You are entitled to a view on Muslims and Islam despite not knowing any but don't try and pretend that your opinion is more valid than people who have actual relationships and experiences of others in the Islamic faith because you appear to be an arrogant leftist, safe to virtue signal about how morally superior you are in your ivory tower with no idea of what you are talking about.

Word of advice and I know it's hard for you but please at least attempt not to lump everyone who disagrees with you in together, it really makes you look foolish.

Once again you make a stupid claim that not having a Muslim as a friend means I cannot have an opinion about Islam or terrorism. How old are you? 6? I am not morally superior that is another figment of your imagination. Nor am I safe in any ivory tower - another of your strange views. I am disappointed that there don't appear to be any Muslims on this site or if they are, they are not inclined to come on and support Islam. As that is the case other posters have had to do so on their behalf. Sadly a number of you seem to think that all Muslims are responsible for the actions of a murderous minority. They are not. Nor more than you, Sour Mash or Batman are.

Oh, and I had a very long chat with a former Colonel in the British Military Intelligence last night. He has served in Northern Ireland, Iraq, America and Hong Kong as is hugely experience in dealing with terrorism. His exacts words were "you never beat terrorism with the military, you always end up having to talk with them." I know, as the resident internet football forum expert on dealing with terrorists you will find this hard to swallow, but I think I would listen to him before I would listen to someone with multiple sign-ons on a footie forum (eh Sweercorn? xx).

Hypochondriac - when you have finished compiling your list (should take you zero seconds) can you also please finally answer my question about why you don't pick up the resident Islamophobes and xenophobes on their posts but you do have a problem if someone has the temerity to support normal Muslims? I have asked you the same question several times in the course of this thread but you seem to have trouble answering it. You started off pretending that there were no Islamophobes on this thread (even though they are pretty obvious) and then when they were pointed out to you you seem to want to pretend that they don't exist. Not once I have seen you challenge them yet you go to keyboard meltdown if it is suggested that normal peaceful Muslims have nothing to do with the deranged idiots who carry out these atrocities. You like to bang on about how they need to do more (not easy if you haven't got a clue who these people are and what they are planning) and that this is all down to the religion. Sadly you missed one of the most telling quotes of this whole sorry mess given by a guy who witness a terrorist attack at a tube station - "You ain't no Muslim, bruv." I suspect if you had been standing next to him you would have piped up with, "But he is, he really is."

So then, you homework for this weekend is to answer the question above (finally) and to provide a list of the apologists for terrorist actions on here.

You really should try vetting your thoughts before posting; the incident in Amsterdam was a car crash caused by the driver being taken ill at the wheel.

:lol:

Thank f**k Batman is in the kitchen, he'd melt and shît his pants at the sound of fireworks, never mind gunfire.

Sounds like a white guy doing a "revenge" style attack. Disgusting if so

From the beeb:

Eyewitness Abdul Rahman said the driver said he wanted to "kill all Muslims".

Mr Rahman told the BBC he struck the man and helped subdue him.

"When the guy came out from his van he wanted to escape, run away and he was saying 'I want to kill Muslims. 'I want to kill Muslims.'

I wonder if he was affiliated with any particular group (extremist christian, BNP, etc), i'm sure that those details will come out soon. Thoughts to all those affected by this ruthless attack.

Its clearly, factually not.

I think you will find it is a very big problem

As it is Islamic extremism which stokes resentment in the Muslim Community and it enhances ISIS grip on some parts parts of the Muslim Community

Interesting it was Finsbury Park mosque, i used to live near there, was well known hotbed of extremism in the 90s, Abu Hamza and his hook hand would hold lectures condeming the west on a regular basis , not sure if it's changed much since then.

Not saying that's why it was targeted, most likely just a coincidence.

Interesting it was Finsbury Park mosque, i used to live near there, was well known hotbed of extremism in the 90s, Abu Hamza and his hook hand would hold lectures condeming the west on a regular basis , not sure if it's changed much since then.

Not saying that's why it was targeted, most likely just a coincidence.

I live nearby -and it seems to have been completely transformed since the days of Abu Hamza. There's always a story of its community and interfaith work in the local media.

Why haven't you put up the death tolls for the two to show they're the same?

Because you know you're wrong.

It wasn't me that made the claim that it is just as serious. Obviously it's not, in terms of death tolls.

I was just making the point that they are both still very serious problems that need to be tackled, and that, for whatever reason, any acts carried out by those claiming to be Muslim are much more widely reported and over-sensationalised than those carried out by white men.

Glad we agree, but you probably want to point that out to John B and not me.

On purely statistical terms, he is obviously wrong, but he still makes a valid point.

As a society we can't afford to put all our focus on combating wahabi extremism at the expense of ignoring the far right / white supremacist variety. Racial / cultural hatred leading to violent extremism should not be tolerated whichever 'side' is engaging in it.

On purely statistical terms, he is obviously wrong, but he still makes a valid point.

As a society we can't afford to put all our focus on combating wahabi extremism at the expense of ignoring the far right / white supremacist variety. Racial / cultural hatred leading to violent extremism should not be tolerated whichever 'side' is engaging in it.

So you judge all extremism the same, regardless of how many people it kills. Bizarre to put it mildly.

So you judge all extremism the same, regardless of how many people it kills. Bizarre to put it mildly.

Right Wing terrorism is a significant problem. Taking the UK in isolation the threat to UK citizens in the UK is obviously currently far lower than from Islamist terrorism. Whilst the figures do support your contention they should not be used to downgrade the threat from right wing terrorists. Currently in the UK, the extreme right is fractured, leaderless, confused and dispirited, it will only take a couple of effective leaders to take a grip of the hatred and extremism that undeniably exists and we could easily see a significant increase in Right Wing terrorism. The security services are well aware of this and 1 in 3 on terrorist watch are Right Wing extremists. While most right wing action is fairly facile and low level we must guard against any possibility of it becoming more organised and more dangerous. Incidents like this can not be dismissed as the actions of a lone wolf, they are the result of right wing campaigning and hate propaganda. The media and all of us rightly condemn and pursue through the legal system so called ‘Islamic Hate Preachers’, the same must apply to ‘Nationalist Hate Preachers’.

If you bother to read what I posted, you'll see that's not what I said.

Do you believe that far right extremism is not a problem and can be ignored?

If you bother to read what I posted, you'll see that's not what I said.

Do you believe that far right extremism is not a problem and can be ignored?

No, not a single person has suggested that. You disagree with John B's post, but are replying to me. Odd.

I agree but you can't pretend that white supremacist violence is in any way similar to Islamic terrorism in terms of numbers. All terrorism needs to be combated but people in general are more worried about Islamic extremism because it's a far higher occurrence and has resulted in many more deaths. I haven't seen many examples of white terrorist atrocities being under reported. Have you?

Right wing extremism is just as big a problem as Islamic extremism

Its clearly, factually not.

Compare death tolls in the last ten years.

Why haven't you put up the death tolls for the two to show they're the same?

Because you know you're wrong.

Glad we agree, but you probably want to point that out to John B and not me.

This is the problem the apologists constantly run into.

You come out with such over-the-top hyperbole that its so, so easy for people to argue against you without a shred of effort.