Terrorist Attacks - WARNING: CONTAINS DISTRESSING IMAGES

sadoldgit

I forgot persecuting gays, treating women like 2nd class citizens, forced and arranged marrage, grooming gangs (in some cases) and failing to integrate with society (in a large number of cases) are normal things.

Can you imagine they had a show ‘my week as a gay man or white Christian in Riyadh (Saudi)‘ assuming they’d make it a week, of course.

So you are saying that all 1.8 billion Muslims in the world act like that? The whole point of the programme was to show people like you that not all Muslims behave in the way you think that they do. The point seems to have passed you by.

So you are saying that all 1.8 billion Muslims in the world act like that? The whole point of the programme was to show people like you that not all Muslims behave in the way you think that they do. The point seems to have passed you by.
You're the only raving looney that thinks all Muslims are terrorists. Who on this thread thinks that?

Here we go again though VG. You say that you hear Muslim adolescents saying the only good Jew is a dead Jew but that comment isn't the sole preserve of Muslims is it? There are anti-Semites everywhere and from all different backgrounds. You also say that many are discriminated against and then mention that many behave as victims of society, it would seem with some justification then. You mention the concerns that people have about some Muslims and, of course, they are justified. But out of 1.8 billion Muslims, or whatever the current number is, do you really believe that the vast majority support ISIS, are homophobic, want all Jews dead etc.

You say that you think immigration should be stopped. Perhaps, if more of these immigrants come to live in Western societies they would, in time, become more liberal and grow to see their religion in a different way? I'll also ask a question. why should the onus just be on immigrants to assimilate into a new society and why should they change their habits just to fit it? Tolerance is a two way thing. In an ideal world we should try and meet halfway, but that isn't always possible. Perhaps we should stop being so sensitive about those who want to wear a burqa for example. Immigration has been going on from the beginning of time, for better or worse. The world is one big melting pot, and, mostly, all the better for it. Turning Muslims into the lepers of the world isn't the answer, just as it wasn't with the Jews in the 30s and 40s. Where it isn't working, we all need to work harder to improve the situation, not just the Muslims.

More muslim immigrants will mean more trouble SOG, why do you think populist parties are gaining territory all over Europe? If you don't want muslims to become the scapegoats like the Jews once were, we better put a stop to mass immigration. There's no indication at all that the muslim population (generally speaking) in Europe will become more liberal and grow to see their religion in a different way. Again: look at the survey I mentioned earlier (https://www.wzb.eu/sites/default/files/u6/koopmans_englisch_ed.pdf): after 50 years and three generations living in Europe, almost 60% of the Turkish and Moroccan immigrants can't deal with gay people and more than 40% don't trust Jews. When you hear the stories of social workers in asylum centers about muslim refugees terrorising christian refugees, gays and women travelling alone, there's not much hope that these new immigrants will do any better... More and more Dutch Jews (there are 31.000 Jews left in the Netherlands) are leaving the country due to increasing hostility from muslims. Our authorities have to permanently protect Jewish schools and synagogues from idiots with a muslim background, do you really believe that more immigrants from the Middle-East will end this hostility?

Apart from cultural differences and the conflicts forthcoming from this, there's also a huge bill to be paid. These last years there were almost 100.000 immigrants from Africa and the Middle East which will cost the Dutch citizens 70 billion euro's (spread out over 2 generations) as these immigrants and their offspring usually have to live from unemployment benefits as they don't qualify for work and are bulk consumers of the welfare state. The Netherlands is a rich country but there are limits and I don't have to spell out for you what will happen when natives get to hear that their welfare state is collapsing due to excessive consumption by foreigners. Meanwhile there's a demographic explosion going on in sub-Sahara Africa which will lead to war and famine and pundits expect milions and millions of people who want to come to Europe in the coming decades. Imo we better organize safe havens in the regions over there instead of letting them in, don't you agree?

To answer your question: Europe is like the Premier League of individual freedom (though the freedom of speach is under pressure due to islam) but it takes certain abilities to participate in European societies. Clearly, many muslims do not have these abilities as they're lost in their religion which opposes the freedom as we've known until now. When you suggest European natives should adjust themselves to these immigrants it's like every player in the PL should adjust to a player like Jordy Clasie in order to make him feel at home. That's not how it works SOG... ;)

As I'm interested in your opinion I would also like to ask you a question: do you agree that the world would be a better place without islam?

It's just part and parcel of living in a big city. Nothing to see here. Move along...

Terrible isn’t it Balders.

Long gone are the days when a white van would cheerily flash its headlights at you and the driver would wind down the window for a bit of sexist and racist banter. Now you have to worry whether there’s a raging muso behind the wheel.

Terrible isn’t it Balders.

Long gone are the days when a white van would cheerily flash its headlights at you and the driver would wind down the window for a bit of sexist and racist banter. Now you have to worry whether there’s a raging muso behind the wheel.

Ah, but that's not part and parcel of living in a big city, you should know that

More muslim immigrants will mean more trouble SOG, why do you think populist parties are gaining territory all over Europe? If you don't want muslims to become the scapegoats like the Jews once were, we better put a stop to mass immigration. There's no indication at all that the muslim population (generally speaking) in Europe will become more liberal and grow to see their religion in a different way. Again: look at the survey I mentioned earlier (https://www.wzb.eu/sites/default/files/u6/koopmans_englisch_ed.pdf): after 50 years and three generations living in Europe, almost 60% of the Turkish and Moroccan immigrants can't deal with gay people and more than 40% don't trust Jews. When you hear the stories of social workers in asylum centers about muslim refugees terrorising christian refugees, gays and women travelling alone, there's not much hope that these new immigrants will do any better... More and more Dutch Jews (there are 31.000 Jews left in the Netherlands) are leaving the country due to increasing hostility from muslims. Our authorities have to permanently protect Jewish schools and synagogues from idiots with a muslim background, do you really believe that more immigrants from the Middle-East will end this hostility?

Apart from cultural differences and the conflicts forthcoming from this, there's also a huge bill to be paid. These last years there were almost 100.000 immigrants from Africa and the Middle East which will cost the Dutch citizens 70 billion euro's (spread out over 2 generations) as these immigrants and their offspring usually have to live from unemployment benefits as they don't qualify for work and are bulk consumers of the welfare state. The Netherlands is a rich country but there are limits and I don't have to spell out for you what will happen when natives get to hear that their welfare state is collapsing due to excessive consumption by foreigners. Meanwhile there's a demographic explosion going on in sub-Sahara Africa which will lead to war and famine and pundits expect milions and millions of people who want to come to Europe in the coming decades. Imo we better organize safe havens in the regions over there instead of letting them in, don't you agree?

To answer your question: Europe is like the Premier League of individual freedom (though the freedom of speach is under pressure due to islam) but it takes certain abilities to participate in European societies. Clearly, many muslims do not have these abilities as they're lost in their religion which opposes the freedom as we've known until now. When you suggest European natives should adjust themselves to these immigrants it's like every player in the PL should adjust to a player like Jordy Clasie in order to make him feel at home. That's not how it works SOG... ;)

As I'm interested in your opinion I would also like to ask you a question: do you agree that the world would be a better place without islam?

The world would be a better place without murders, rapists and thieves. Considering most Muslims are peaceful and don't do any harm I cant see why you would want rid of them. They are no worse than Catholics, Protestants or any other followers of religion. Tolerance towards immigrants has nothing to do with Premiership players and Clasie as well you know. Every culture in the world has become what it is through assimilation. Assimilation is a two way street.

I think that most people would rather be in New York than Maidstone. What is your point exactly?
:) I think everyone else got the point pal. In other news, you'll be wetting your knickers at this latest piece of news:

https://www.islam21c.com/news-views/jeremy-corbyn-launches-islamophobia-awareness-month-parliament-mend/

Labour launching islamaphobia month. Seeing as you see an "islamaphobe" everywhere, I assume you will be leading the charge for brave comrade corbyn.

The world would be a better place without murders, rapists and thieves. Considering most Muslims are peaceful and don't do any harm I cant see why you would want rid of them. They are no worse than Catholics, Protestants or any other followers of religion. Tolerance towards immigrants has nothing to do with Premiership players and Clasie as well you know. Every culture in the world has become what it is through assimilation. Assimilation is a two way street.
What do you think is the main reason the Islamic state hates the west so much?

So what you are saying is that every ideology and religion is entirely identical and each have the exact same level of violence and threat attached to them and so they should be treated identically? Do you have the figures to back up that assertion?

LOL, you are even using Shurlock's word now, pal. You really are a card. Try standing on your own two feet for a change instead of following the likes of Shurlock and CB Fry around. Oh, and I am not saying that every religion is the same, I don't know where you got that from. You used to accuse me of making things up. Once again, you should change your name to Hypocrite.

LOL, you are even using Shurlock's word now, pal. You really are a card. Try standing on your own two feet for a change instead of following the likes of Shurlock and CB Fry around. Oh, and I am not saying that every religion is the same, I don't know where you got that from. You used to accuse me of making things up. Once again, you should change your name to Hypocrite.
"they are no worse than catholics, protestants or any other followers of religion" what did you mean by this? It's also really weird how fixated you are with what words I use to reply to you. Really odd.

I didn't mean individuals SOG but islam as a religion. Yes, without islam there wouldn't be any muslims, I know. And yes, you could say the world would be a better place too without christianity, especially back in those dark ages or in case you were a victim of a pedophile priest in more recent years. But somehow (enlightenment) christianity accepted a less dominant role, do you believe it's possible islam will be able to do the same in the Middle-East eventually?

More butchery of their own by natural Americans and yet no call for a change in gun laws (or any action in response) by the POTUS yet every time their is a Muslim terrorist attack he calls for tighter immigration controls. At what point will he understand that there is a greater threat from the Yanks themselves? Perhaps hypo can explain the difference for us?

Yep. America is absolutely barmy with their gun laws but for many of them they equate their right to have guns with being an American. Sadly I don't think it's politically possible for anyone to pass any substantive gun laws because of this which just shows what a loopy political system they have. Also heartbreaking that a six year old was shot four times. I find it hard to believe that anyone could have the capacity to do something like that. Edited by hypochondriac

More butchery of their own by natural Americans and yet no call for a change in gun laws (or any action in response) by the POTUS yet every time their is a Muslim terrorist attack he calls for tighter immigration controls. At what point will he understand that there is a greater threat from the Yanks themselves? Perhaps hypo can explain the difference for us?
I've never denied that gun violence is not a huge problem in America nor have I ever defended inaction on this issue from a string of American presidents- although their hands are tied somewhat by their system. The fact you thought I would defend this or that I would in some way be pleased by the gun situation in America speaks volumes for how you routinely mischaracterise what I say and invent narratives in your own head about who I am and what I believe. Lax gun ownership laws in America are disgusting and paint their country in a terrible light but it has absolutely no relevance whatsoever to the problem of Islamic terrorism.

I've never denied that gun violence is not a huge problem in America nor have I ever defended inaction on this issue from a string of American presidents- although their hands are tied somewhat by their system. The fact you thought I would defend this or that I would in some way be pleased by the gun situation in America speaks volumes for how you routinely mischaracterise what I say and invent narratives in your own head about who I am and what I believe. Lax gun ownership laws in America are disgusting and paint their country in a terrible light but it has absolutely no relevance whatsoever to the problem of Islamic terrorism.

No you are right, it is far worse and should be treated as such.

No you are right, it is far worse and should be treated as such.
It's an entirely separate issue and both issues should be tackled. America has a particular problem with guns but that is not the case in Britain and other parts of the world to the same extent. Arguing about which is "worse" is asinine. Globally both cause huge loss of life and both have been used to commit numerous atrocities and the more people admit this and look to tackle both problems sensibly the better for everyone involved.

You miss my point yet again. Both are forms of terrorism visited on innocent people. If this had been carried out by Mohammed instead of Devin the usual suspects would be all over it. There is greater outrage over Muslims commuting these types of crimes. Why do you think that is? Is is exactly the same point I was making about the sexual assaults in Cologne. It happens all the time here and those who have an issue with Muslims/immigrants don’t give it a second thought. As soon as it is done by groups that are not acceptable to some, it all kicks off. You yourself continue to make pathetic jokes about the things that go on in our own towns and cities on a regular basis. It is called double standards. You supported Katie Hopkins when she said Muslims weren’t doing enough to distance themselves from the extremists. Remember? You even went to great lengths to take the thread off in an irelevant direction as to whether she was a Christian or not. You spend an awful lot of time worrying about Muslims and Islam but it isn’t until you are picked up on your bias that you start talking about the problems within our own society.

You miss my point yet again. Both are forms of terrorism visited on innocent people. If this had been carried out by Mohammed instead of Devin the usual suspects would be all over it. There is greater outrage over Muslims commuting these types of crimes. Why do you think that is? Is is exactly the same point I was making about the sexual assaults in Cologne. It happens all the time here and those who have an issue with Muslims/immigrants don’t give it a second thought. As soon as it is done by groups that are not acceptable to some, it all kicks off. You yourself continue to make pathetic jokes about the things that go on in our own towns and cities on a regular basis. It is called double standards. You supported Katie Hopkins when she said Muslims weren’t doing enough to distance themselves from the extremists. Remember? You even went to great lengths to take the thread off in an irelevant direction as to whether she was a Christian or not. You spend an awful lot of time worrying about Muslims and Islam but it isn’t until you are picked up on your bias that you start talking about the problems within our own society.

Agreeing with a single point that that harpie made in no way equates to a general support for her or anything she stands for. Best to make that clear in case you try to twist my words later down the line as you are inclined to do. All a load of speculation from yourself as usual with no proof at all that those who condemn Islamic terror attacks would not also condemn other acts of terror - if this is indeed what this is. Besides, there are a plethora of reasons why someone in the UK would consider Islamic terrorism to be of more relevance to their lives and a problem more worthy of deeper discussion than gun legislation in the United States. The higher number of Islamic terror attacks that have affected the people of this country compared to mass shootings in the UK for one.

I went to no lengths to derail the conversation, you are the one who demonstrated a fundamental lack of understanding of religion when you erroneously claimed that Katie hopkins was more likely to be a Christian because she compared herself to jesus despite this being the opposite of what a religious person would do.

Absolutely barmy you are if you think I "picked up on my own bias." please show me where this is the case? I've been consistent in my beliefs throughout this thread, you're the one who twists the words of others and imagines fictional scenarios where I have suddenly seen my own biases- an idiot phrase parroted by brain dead social justice warriors- and decided to change my mind. You're a head case who has compared multiple rapes in cologne with nights out in Maidstone and tried to pretend that me agreeing with one statement uttered by that vile woman hopkins meant that I supported her in general. You're also a dishonest liar who ignores posts you have no answer for- see above- and have been embarrassed continuously on this thread because you're so close minded and bigoted that you cannot tolerate a view that differs from your own- see your laughable attempts to try to pretend that I hate all Muslims or that I'm a white nationalist. If you continue to try to put words in my mouth, make false claims about things you believe I have said and generally make a fool of yourself then I will continue to repeat myself and point these out to you so that there is a record of your stupidity.

Edited by hypochondriac

Who could forget those halcyon days when soggy, alone and in vain, tried to convince us that the Scots had voted against devolution in a referendum? No horse is dead enough to evade the soggy whip.

Sorry? Have I missed something? Have the Scots become independent?

So back on track. A man was beaten to death on the streets of Ilford in the early hours of this morning by a gang with baseball bats. No hint at the moment that it was a terrorist attack so Batman hasn't bothered with it so far. If the Muslims had been involved we would all know about it by now of course. Because it is carried out by some of our own though it isn't worth a second thought. No doubt hypochondriac is already trying to think of something pithy to say along the lines of I'd rather be in Ilford than Maidstone whilst completely ignoring the high rate of murders committed on the streets of our towns and cities with a sickening regularity. Still, as long as we have Islam to worry about we don't need to worry about the psychopaths next door do we?

Who on this forum has ever said they are independent then?

Or are you just, as usual, making a tiresome counterpoint to something no one has ever, ever said?

I was responding to Hutch's post #6086. If you find my posts tiresome best not read them then eh?

Back on track. A teenager was stabbed to death in a park in Penge, SE London, a few days ago. Four other teenagers aged from 14 to 17 have been charged with his murder. This is the 16th fatal stabbing of a teenaged in London alone this year. Last month a man was stabbed to death in Horsham, West Sussex and three people were arrested on suspicion of his murder. These incidents are happening with sickening regularity all round the country every week. If the accused had shouted "Allah Akbar" or pledged allegiance to IS there would be another outpouring of anti Muslim posts on here by the usual suspects. When we terrorise "our own" it is just business as usual it seems. Terrorists come in all shapes and sizes but the only ones worth mentioning are Muslims it would appear. Is it any worse to be blown up by a suicide bomber or mown down by a van than being beating to death by a gang wielding baseball bats or stabbed to death by a group of people with knives? Regular poster hypochondriac finds it funny that I mentioned that we have a problem with serious crimes on a regular basis in cities and towns all over the country. Sour Mash thinks that our problems will be solved if we just stop Muslims coming into the country despite the fact that he is more likely to be killed by a non Muslim. I agree with you CB Fry. it is tiresome having to make the same point over and over again. Unfortunately it would appear that, until some people accept that the problems we face do not revolved predominately around Islam, the point will need to be made again and again.

You realise soggy that not every act of violence is terrorism right? Because your post above reads like you're trying to suggest that stabbing someone is always an act of terrorism. And what do you mean by "the problem we face does not revolve predominantly around Islam?" Surely that depends what "the problem" is defined as? If we are looking at acts of violence and regressive thinking in the service of an extremist ideology then Islam is a significant percentage of the problem, particularly when you like at Islam as the percentage of the population. No one has EVER suggested that there are not problems with violence or social problems unrelated to Islam, all anyone has ever said is that there is clearly a problem within the Islamic community which needs addressing- a topic which is naturally going to come up more frequently on this thread which is about terrorism rather than the "random acts of violence" thread. Now go ahead and do what you usually do which is to read into my post whatever you like and ignore what I've actually said.

Edited by hypochondriac

You realise soggy that not every act of violence is terrorism right? Because your post above reads like you're trying to suggest that stabbing someone is always an act of terrorism. And what do you mean by "the problem we face does not revolve predominantly around Islam?" Surely that depends what "the problem" is defined as? If we are looking at acts of violence and regressive thinking in the service of an extremist ideology then Islam is a significant percentage of the problem, particularly when you like at Islam as the percentage of the population. No one has EVER suggested that there are not problems with violence or social problems unrelated to Islam, all anyone has ever said is that there is clearly a problem within the Islamic community which needs addressing- a topic which is naturally going to come up more frequently on this thread which is about terrorism rather than the "random acts of violence" thread. Now go ahead and do what you usually do which is to read into my post whatever you like and ignore what I've actually said.

Yes I do realise that. The point I was making is that it also must be terrifying to be attacked by a gang with knives or baseball bats whether the gangs be religious extremists or not. It doesn't make it any worse if they are, yet it often seems that way when you read some of the posts on this thread. I have never said that people aren't saying that there isn't a problem with violence in other areas. Once again, my point is that if it involves Muslims or immigrants it gets a disproportional amount of attention ( to the extent that a couple of posters go out of their way to post links every time there is an incident involving Muslims or immigrants). If you believe that this thread is only concerned with Muslim terrorists then you haven't been paying much attention. If you look at the amount of murders and rapes in this country, I am sorry but Islam isn't a "significant" percentage of the problem. There is a far greater problem with the indigenous rise of knife crime here but you don't see threads running to page after page about that. There is a worrying rise in the number of acid attacks but no outrage on the threads here. Where do we see the claims that "we" need to do more to stop knife crime, acid attacks or whatever, yet Muslims get called out for not doing more to combat the extremists operating under the guise of their religion. You clearly don't see the imbalance that I see so lets just leave it at that before we bore ourselves to death along with everyone else.

Yes I do realise that. The point I was making is that it also must be terrifying to be attacked by a gang with knives or baseball bats whether the gangs be religious extremists or not.

Of course. No one has claimed otherwise.

It doesn't make it any worse if they are, yet it often seems that way when you read some of the posts on this thread.

It seems that way to YOU which is the entire point. It's not a surprise that Islamic extremism and terrorism is discussed a lot on this thread considering the amount of islamic terror atttacks that have happened in the last few years and which have resulted in a massive loss of life. The Las Vegas shooting by comparison has thus far not been proven to be an act of terrorism, neither has that stabbing you mentioned earlier and the baseball bat beatings so not sure why you would expect it to be extensively discussed on a thread about terrorism.

I have never said that people aren't saying that there isn't a problem with violence in other areas. Once again, my point is that if it involves Muslims or immigrants it gets a disproportional amount of attention ( to the extent that a couple of posters go out of their way to post links every time there is an incident involving Muslims or immigrants).

Disproportionate in comparison to what? Have there been a high number of terrorism instances resulting in loss of life in the UK that haven't been discussed on here? If so then please provide some links as I'd be interested to see them.

If you believe that this thread is only concerned with Muslim terrorists then you haven't been paying much attention.

It's concerned with terrorist attacks, hence the word "terrorist attacks" in the title. If you wanted it to be about something else then maybe you should have titled it more accurately.

If you look at the amount of murders and rapes in this country, I am sorry but Islam isn't a "significant" percentage of the problem.

But no one was comparing the sum total of murders and rapes to islamic terrorism, they have been discussing terrorist attacks (the title of the thread), the problem that our society and indeed global society has with terrorist attacks and the significant number in recent years that have been linked to Islamic extremist ideology. By your logic, we should really be discussing heart disease before we talk about murder because a hugely more "significant" percentage of the problem is caused by that.

There is a far greater problem with the indigenous rise of knife crime here but you don't see threads running to page after page about that.

Start a thread, I'm sure it would be of interest to discuss the various reasons for knife crime. This thread is as long as it is partly because of the high amount of terrorist attacks over the last couple of years in the West in comparison to previous years and partly because you go out of your way to wilfully misrepresent the views of others and claim things that are untrue so you are often rebutted.

There is a worrying rise in the number of acid attacks but no outrage on the threads here.

Speaking personally, whilst acid attacks are a concern, they don't create as many talking points as terrorism does although if you wanted to discuss the reason for the rise in this particularly nasty crime then by all means start a thread and I would probably contribute- no doubt the influence of other cultures would feature in that discussion as well. I do think acid attacks have been discussed on this thread anyway so it's not accurate to say that attacks of this nature have been ignored.

Where do we see the claims that "we" need to do more to stop knife crime, acid attacks or whatever,

Because as far as I am aware - and I could be wrong- these particular attacks are not emanating from any one community. Please let me know if you have evidence to the contrary because if we had a load of knife attacks coming from the Sikh community it would be probably be worth having a discussion about what the Sikh community could do to reduce the risk of knife attacks happening.

yet Muslims get called out for not doing more to combat the extremists operating under the guise of their religion.

Fellow Muslims have criticised their own communities for failing to do more. What is your response to them? Do you realise that even Saudi Arabia has cameras in their mosques in an attempt to prevent terrorist attacks? Would you not consider a small step like that to be something positive?

You clearly don't see the imbalance that I see so lets just leave it at that before we bore ourselves to death along with everyone else.

There's a reason why this topic is discussed to a greater degree than many other topics and I've outlined some of the reasons why above. It certainly isn't because every contributor is a racist bigot who hates all Muslims though I accept that could be the case for a tiny minority of posters.

Edited by hypochondriac