Terrorist Attacks - WARNING: CONTAINS DISTRESSING IMAGES

sadoldgit

I guess security going in would have been tight, but this happened in the foyer just outside and after the event. Probably much less checking of those coming to meet people after.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This is correct. There is a section connecting the arena entrance to Victoria station next door. The attacker has targeted this open access area where parents were gathering to collect their teenage children after the concert.

As a citizen of this city for 25 years and regular gig goer myself, this is deplorable act of cowardice.

The arena itself is fairly secure as bag checks are made and you are body checked on entry. What can you do about someone who waits outside tho?

I'm going to a gig next week at a much smaller venue. This won't stop me.

Are we going to be a society that allows our security resourcesto shoot at a potential terrorist if there is grave concern that they are about to do one of these acts?

Or do we expect a member of security personel to go and approach such a person who may or may not just about to do this act of terror. It would take some brave individual to approach knowing that he may set off an explosive device at any moment

This is evil plain and simple, it may hide behind the mask of islam, but that misses the point, evil people will do evil. By doing nothing to curb extremism, not disrupting the fundnng nor openly and actively condeming these evil c**ts they are in my mind complicit in every act. Yet still western leaders suck up to them and take their tainted dollars. There are no simle soloutions but our strongest and most powerful weapon is defiance, I will not let these acts change my way of life, I will not walk in fear.

Ok, we're not shooting anyone or setting up camps. Wtf are we going to do? I'm not taking the ****, my anger wants me to do something, but then I realise I'm being manipulated by the enemy.
Thorough regulation and independent inspections of all mosques and Islamic cultural centres, including background of key members and funding sources. Stop any further migration from Islamic countries.

Makes you think right.

The security at SMS is laxidasical compared to somewhere like Manchester Arena. And that goes for 95% of football grounds in the country.

Its going to happen one day unless that changes.

Makes you think right.

The security at SMS is laxidasical compared to somewhere like Manchester Arena. And that goes for 95% of football grounds in the country.

Its going to happen one day unless that changes.

Not sure there is much you can do. tighten up security and you just end up with more crowded areas outside which are just as much a target.

The best defence is to give our security services all the tools they need to try and catch the ****ers before they carry it out.

Thorough regulation and independent inspections of all mosques and Islamic cultural centres, including background of key members and funding sources. Stop any further migration from Islamic countries.

Bloody hell, the bodies are barely cold and you have already started with your islamophobic bile. Give it a rest. There are just as likely to be Muslims amongst the dead and injured.

Bloody hell, the bodies are barely cold and you have already started with your islamophobic bile. Give it a rest. There are just as likely to be Muslims amongst the dead and injured.

What's wrong with what I posted? You can't think of a better solution to stop future attacks, so you get angry at a poster on a football forum instead.

Not sure there is much you can do. tighten up security and you just end up with more crowded areas outside which are just as much a target.

The best defence is to give our security services all the tools they need to try and catch the ****ers before they carry it out.

Exactly this. If you have tight security at one place or time you dont stop the attack you just displace it to somewhere else. Increase security at football and you make shopping malls a target. Check all bags going into a mall (impossible) and you'll get bombs in Oxford Street at Christmas. A lot of our searching and scanning 'security' has more to do with PR than real difference.

Good intelligence and people within local communities who feel confident enough in the security services to inform is what will stop this, just as the IRA became unable to act in the end.

What's wrong with what I posted? You can't think of a better solution to stop future attacks, so you get angry at a poster on a football forum instead.

Your solution will not stop future attacks, you might argue it could reduce the likelihood, but stop them no. As to the immigration slant, the vast majority of those involved in the recent attacks are not immigrants form Muslim countries, so what is the point of your policy, it would achieve nothing, it just comes across as knee jerk vengeance, and it is vengeance that has got us where we are.

... There are just as likely to be Muslims amongst the dead and injured.

At a 'pop' concert, where the act is a young American girl who sings about teenage life and events, and who wears 'suggestive' clothing?... there's zero chance of a Muslim being there unless they've abandoned their faith or were an employee of the venue.

Like I said before, a terrorist's wet-dream. That's what you are.

Your solution will not stop future attacks, you might argue it could reduce the likelihood, but stop them no. As to the immigration slant, the vast majority of those involved in the recent attacks are not immigrants form Muslim countries, so what is the point of your policy, it would achieve nothing, it just comes across as knee jerk vengeance, and it is vengeance that has got us where we are.
Glad you agree with my suggestion.

And why not stop immigration from Islamic countries? as stated many time before, the horse has already bolted, but how have these people got here in the first place?

Both though are infinitely more effective in stopping further Islamic terrorism than your suggestion of walking round Bath like a normal day, which will have zero effect whatsoever.

Like I said before, a terrorist's wet-dream. That's what you are.
Terrorists focus on blowing people up, not posts on a football forum you simpleton. I thought you'd decided to ignore my posts? Thanks for the valuable contribution though.

Terrorists focus on blowing people up, not posts on a football forum you simpleton. I thought you'd decided to ignore my posts? Thanks for the valuable contribution though.

Ah, the old "it's just a football forum", retreat.

You're doing the job the terrorists want. They rub their hands together with glee everytime they see or hear something like this. This is EXACTLY what they want to happen. Every outrage provokes an anti-Muslim backlash... which feeds further alienation/radicalisation. And where that backlash impacts on the vast, vast majority of normal, law-abiding Muslims (and, in the eyes of ISIS, even more deserving of death than the infidel Western crusaders) the happier they are. It's been working for them for a while now, and I'm sure it will carry on working for them into the future. People like you are proof of it.

Here's an interesting article on how ISIS are looking to "eliminate the 'greyzone' of peaceful coexistance" between Muslims and non-Muslims in the West.

https://theintercept.com/2015/11/17/islamic-states-goal-eliminating-the-grayzone-of-coexistence-between-muslims-and-the-west/

You're doing the job the terrorists want. They rub their hands together with glee everytime they see or hear something like this. This is EXACTLY what they want to happen. Every outrage provokes an anti-Muslim backlash... which feeds further alienation/radicalisation. And where that backlash impacts on the vast, vast majority of normal, law-abiding Muslims (and, in the eyes of ISIS, even more deserving of death than the infidel Western crusaders) the happier they are. It's been working for them for a while now, and I'm sure it will carry on working for them into the future. People like you are proof of it.

Here's an interesting article on how ISIS are looking to "eliminate the 'greyzone' of peaceful coexistance" between Muslims and non-Muslims in the West.

https://theintercept.com/2015/11/17/islamic-states-goal-eliminating-the-grayzone-of-coexistence-between-muslims-and-the-west/

I've told him this before. It's a bit complicated for him, I think.

You were telling us the other week that Islamic terrorism was a minor problem in western Europe compared to other forms of terrorism. Now you're saying its "peaceful coexistence". Nuts.

This is right. ISIS wants marginalized Muslim populations in western countries. It wants alienated and isolated Muslims. It wants Muslims to feel like they are under attack and their mosques under siege. ISIS wants islamaphobic western leaders like Trump and Le Pen. It all provides nourishment for their cause.

Just looking at the names and ages of some of the victims coming out in the press...sickening and heartbreaking.

I've told him this before. It's a bit complicated for him, I think.
Interesting that you've gone from ignoring my posts, to only posting about me. Bit obsessed.

Meanwhile in a cave in Syria, senior ISIS commanders are crowded around a laptop to see what the reaction on Saintsweb is.

Corbyn's got some front, he should basically STFU. Sunday he refused to condemn the IRA.

Perhaps ISIS are using bullet & bombs to get their way, something McDonnell praised the IRA for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Glad you agree with my suggestion.

And why not stop immigration from Islamic countries? as stated many time before, the horse has already bolted, but how have these people got here in the first place?

Both though are infinitely more effective in stopping further Islamic terrorism than your suggestion of walking round Bath like a normal day, which will have zero effect whatsoever.

Just for the record I categorically do not agree with any of your ill conceived, ill advised, vengeful reactionary responses. You have no evidence whatsoever that any thing you have suggested has the slightest positive effect. As many have pointed out to you, it reactions like yours that feed the evil of terrorism. There are no so blind as those who choose not to see. And just to be sure I had a lovely walk around sunny Bath today, spoilt by my thoughts for those murdered by the evil of terroism.

At a 'pop' concert, where the act is a young American girl who sings about teenage life and events, and who wears 'suggestive' clothing?... there's zero chance of a Muslim being there unless they've abandoned their faith or were an employee of the venue.

I have been to plenty of "western" events where Muslims have been in the audience. I have been to plenty of museums where Muslims are also taking in the "western culture." Do you really believe that young British Muslims don't like or listen to "western" music?

Just announced youngest victim was of Primary school age, sickening.

Any senseless death is sickening.

As for Sour Mash's solution to ban Muslims, as others have said, that is exactly what ISIS want. They want to drive a wedge between us. Ignoring that fact that these attacks are carried out by members of the indigenous population, the only way we will turn this round is by standing with the vast majority of peaceful Muslims against the minority of deranged extremists. You don't want that though because he just hate all Muslims so that's one less that ISIS need to convert.

As for Sour Mash's solution to ban Muslims, as others have said, that is exactly what ISIS want. They want to drive a wedge between us. Ignoring that fact that these attacks are carried out by members of the indigenous population, the only way we will turn this round is by standing with the vast majority of peaceful Muslims against the minority of deranged extremists. You don't want that though because he just hate all Muslims so that's one less that ISIS need to convert.

O'Neill wrote this for you Sadoldgit http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/after-manchester-its-time-for-anger/19849#.WSRTGmctDoY

Why do you want an increase in a culture that brings this sort of thing to our shores?

Sour Mash is ISIS's wet dream.

I think someone needs to alert the authorities about Sour Mash being at fault for this Terrorist event :rolleyes:

Meanwhile I'm here wondering If my Friend Martyn Hakan Hett, who was my hallmate in 1st year, and is now missing in Manchester, is dead or just unconscious. He spoke to me regarding the fact that due to his Ancestry and sexuality, he had received a lot of hate and threats of violence from 'Mainstream' Muslims. But hey ho, he was probably making it up and this whole thing is a massive hoax by him.

If he has been murdered, his death is probably "ISIS's wet dream" given his outspoken and unapologetic stance towards his private and public life, not anything a poster on Saintsweb says in reaction to yet another religiously motivated mass murder.

I think someone needs to alert the authorities about Sour Mash being at fault for this Terrorist event :rolleyes:

Meanwhile I'm here wondering If my Friend Martyn Hakan Hett, who was my hallmate in 1st year, and is now missing in Manchester, is dead or just unconscious. He spoke to me regarding the fact that due to his Ancestry and sexuality, he had received a lot of hate and threats of violence from 'Mainstream' Muslims. But hey ho, he was probably making it up and this whole thing is a massive hoax by him.

If he has been murdered, his death is probably "ISIS's wet dream" given his outspoken and unapologetic stance towards his private and public life, not anything a poster on Saintsweb says in reaction to yet another religiously motivated mass murder.

Any transfer news? What's the latest on Puel and the takeover?

Sour Mash is ISIS's wet dream.

Any transfer news? What's the latest on Puel and the takeover?

You are Loathsome.

You are Loathsome.

You obviously don't think changing attitudes and playing on the fears of the mainstream is a goal of ISIS, no matter how eloquently others have made the case. Especially the attitudes of posters on a football forum, so I'll reciprocate your gesture and bring things back to the football, to something more relevant. How's that?

Edited by shurlock

Good article.

It is such a well oiled political / media response to these attacks now, advising everyone to carry on as normal, don't let them win - be friends with everyone! At no point addressing the root cause of the issue.

To be fair to them it's just a sign of desperation when running out of any other argument, a sign they're stuck First it was to shout "racist", then personal abuse, then to shout "ISIS' wet dream", anything to avoid facing up to what's actually happening or admit we're now stuck with this in western Europe on a regular basis.

You obviously don't think changing and polarising attitudes of the mainstream is a goal of ISIS, no matter how eloquently others have made the case. Especially the attitudes of those on a football forum, so I'll reciprocate your gesture and bring things back to the football.

You made a deliberately glib remark after I had provided details of a personal friend who may very well have been murdered by an agent of ISIS (he is still missing, thanks for asking). Your pathetic attempts to legitimise your despicable actions with handful of purple prose further up the page is as futile as it is cowardly. For your next great wheeze, I suggest you text the parents of the missing children and ask them if the music was good at the concert. These are real people who have been murdered, not abstract concepts. You repugnant little worm.

ISIS wants marginalized Muslim populations in western countries. It wants alienated and isolated Muslims. It wants Muslims to feel like they are under attack and their mosques under siege. ISIS wants islamaphobic western leaders like Trump and Le Pen. It all provides nourishment for their cause. ...

Good post.

Judging from (a minority thankfully) of comments posted on here today it is not just ISIS seeking the outcome you fear but some Saints fans too. As for the attack itself, I can only echo what so many others have already said and express how despicable I find this crime.

You made a deliberately glib remark after I had provided details of a personal friend who may very well have been murdered by an agent of ISIS (he is still missing, thanks for asking). Your pathetic attempts to legitimise your despicable actions with handful of purple prose further up the page is as futile as it is cowardly. For your next great wheeze, I suggest you text the parents of the missing children and ask them if the music was good at the concert. These are real people who have been murdered, not abstract concepts. You repugnant little worm.

Nothing to do with your friend. I hope he's safe, though I didn't get the impression he was at the concert but rather that you were making a general point. If he was there, I genuinely hope he's safe.

Nobody has expressed anything but sadness and outrage at whats happened. But that wasn't what we were discussing. Is ISIS goal to divide and rule with its barbarity? Why does it matter if it's a moron on a football forum spouting vile, self-defeating garbage or anyone else who's quick to generalise and vilify? If it's just some random on a football forum and it's not important, I suggest we stick to topics closer to home.

Edited by shurlock

Good post.

Judging from (a minority thankfully) of comments posted on here today it is not just ISIS seeking the outcome you fear but some Saints fans too. As for the attack itself, I can only echo what so many others have already said and express how despicable I find this crime.

Don't talk nonsense ffs.

FWIW a lot of good comes from the Muslim community (interns of reporting these crimes) however a lot more is needed.

Until they sort themselves out, Islamic immagation can only be a bad thing. It may only be a very small minority (I think you would be surprised by the amount that sympathise these sort of event), however it only takes 1 to cause an event such as yesterday.

I've even seen the left appear to justify these attacks by stating 'we do the same on their land'....

Don't talk nonsense ffs.

FWIW a lot of good comes from the Muslim community (interns of reporting these crimes) however a lot more is needed.

Until they sort themselves out, Islamic immagation can only be a bad thing. It may only be a very small minority (I think you would be surprised by the amount that sympathise these sort of event), however it only takes 1 to cause an event such as yesterday.

I've even seen the left appear to justify these attacks by stating 'we do the same on their land'....

Please explain why you blame innocent Muslims for the crimes of terrorists - for you information the Muslims I have met at work today are as appalled by this crime as everyone else is. For that matter why are you assuming this attack was conducted by a immigrant?

To be fair to them it's just a sign of desperation when running out of any other argument, a sign they're stuck First it was to shout "racist", then personal abuse, then to shout "ISIS' wet dream", anything to avoid facing up to what's actually happening or admit we're now stuck with this in western Europe on a regular basis.

It does look like we're stuck for now.

It's just that most intelligent people see your "solution" for the block-headed idiocy that it is and have a bit more gumption about them. They see that becoming unstuck won't happen by running around persecuting vast swathes of the population.

Edited by benjii

It does look like we're stuck.

It's just that most intelligent people see your "solution" for the block-headed idiocy that it is and have a bit more gumption about them. They see that becoming unstuck won't happen by running around persecuting vast swathes of the population.

You don't even have a solution. That is seriously block headed. A bit like you obsession with me. Odd.

Why do you want to see a further spread of Islam across the UK?

You don't even have a solution. That is seriously block headed. A bit like you obsession with me. Odd.

Why do you want to see a further spread of Islam across the UK?

I don't particularly. I would like to see a general erosion of all stupid religions.

Please explain why you blame innocent Muslims for the crimes of terrorists - for you information the Muslims I have met at work today are as appalled by this crime as everyone else is. For that matter why are you assuming this attack was conducted by a immigrant?

Please explain when I have said any of this?

I do not assume it was an 'immigrant', however I bet they are, if not directly, they will be a child/grandchild of one.

Unfortunately the damage is done.