Terrorist Attacks - WARNING: CONTAINS DISTRESSING IMAGES

sadoldgit

Amazingly quiet on this thread for the worst mass shooting in the history of our closest ally.

The thread's about terrorism, on first impressions this one looks like a typical Yank mass shooting. Not all murders are terrorism.

I'm here all evening if you want any other simple concepts explaining.

The thread's about terrorism, on first impressions this one looks like a typical Yank mass shooting. Not all murders are terrorism.

We quite merrily speculate before we discover other shootings' political aims? Before we discover the motivation surely this is a potential terrorist attack?

Edited by farawaysaint

We quite merrily speculate before weI discover other shootings political aims? Before we discover the motovation surely this is a potential terrorist attack?

Of course it could be, At this stage to me it just looks like some loon having some sort of breakdown tho.

You mean like car crashes that turn out to be car crashes, pal :lol:

Amazingly quiet on this thread for the worst mass shooting in the history of our closest ally.
Perhaps that's because people over here have become apathetic with regard to such acts because America itself refuses to seriously address the problem. Forget all the constitutional rights and address the problem. Until they do that people in the UK will continue to be sorry for those affected, but also ambivalent of the situation.

It doesn't take a rocket scientists to work out that when you can purchase automatic weapons at the local Wal-Mart, there are going to be a few serious issues.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Just goes to show how insane their gun laws are.

It's almost Catch-22; you would have to be insane to want to own high powered automatic firearms, but if you are insane then you shouldn't be allowed to own them.

Edited by badgerx16

That’s because this is thread about terrorism, the clue is in the tittle. At the moment it doesn’t appear to be a terrorist attack and the authorities have said it isn’t . No doubt people will desperately try and call it such, as they don’t like the correct narrative that all terrorist attacks on the west are by Muslims . I don’t recall Michael Ryan or Thomas Hamilton being labelled terrorists back in the day. The IRA were terrorists, Baader-Meinhof were terrorists, Hamilton & Ryan were nut jobs .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

You must be very disappointed that that there is no evidence that he was a white supremacist? Others sensibly haven’t jumped to conclusions.

To those who took the **** out of my comments about the trouble in Maidstone. A friend of a friend was killed there on Friday night. He was attacked outside McDonalds at 10:30 by a 15, 16, 17 and 18 year old. His name was Wayne Chester. But it’s ok, none of the attackers were Muslims.

Nobody has ever argued there isn’t violence in western society. It is only you who persist with examples to try and counter people’s outrage at the atrocities committed by ISIS.

Nobody has ever argued there isn’t violence in western society. It is only you who persist with examples to try and counter people’s outrage at the atrocities committed by ISIS.

My point is simple. I am not trying to counter the outrage, I am asking the question why some people think it is worse if a Muslim commits a similar crime. None of the people kicking off on a regular basis here shows any sign of being bothered by their own kind killing or raping. You don’t see Batman scouring the papers for reports of non Muslim crimes. Sour Mash doesn’t rail against the countless sexual assaults carried out every week but if it happens to be a bunch of Muslims he is all over it. Where are the threads on the dreadful crimes carried out on a regular basis by non Muslims? Why does it only become an issue worth debating if it involves a Muslim or an immigrant?

Perhaps you might like to address that point instead of taking cheep shots at me?

You are more likely to be killed by a non Muslim than you are a Muslim terrorist yet some here would ban them from coming here and would kick out those who are here. Perhaps you should use your time in addressing their issues?

These issues are not just about Muslims, they are about the way the whole of mankind behaves. It is not worse if a crime is committed by someone of a different background. Or do you disagree?

My point is simple. I am not trying to counter the outrage, I am asking the question why some people think it is worse if a Muslim commits a similar crime. None of the people kicking off on a regular basis here shows any sign of being bothered by their own kind killing or raping. You don’t see Batman scouring the papers for reports of non Muslim crimes. Sour Mash doesn’t rail against the countless sexual assaults carried out every week but if it happens to be a bunch of Muslims he is all over it. Where are the threads on the dreadful crimes carried out on a regular basis by non Muslims? Why does it only become an issue worth debating if it involves a Muslim or an immigrant?

Perhaps you might like to address that point instead of taking cheep shots at me?

You are more likely to be killed by a non Muslim than you are a Muslim terrorist yet some here would ban them from coming here and would kick out those who are here. Perhaps you should use your time in addressing their issues?

These issues are not just about Muslims, they are about the way the whole of mankind behaves. It is not worse if a crime is committed by someone of a different background. Or do you disagree?

You just can't distinguish the difference can you.

1) Individual loner maniacs, with no wider contacts, carries out evil for no 'greater cause' or ideology.

2) Networks and groups stretching across Europe promoting Jihad against infidels, all spurred on by a religious text, radical Imams, ideas of martyrdom and an Islamic caliphate.

Is it really that hard.

You must be very disappointed that that there is no evidence that he was a white supremacist? Others sensibly haven’t jumped to conclusions.

Had people been awake at the time of the shooting, they would have been speculating till the cows come home.

This thread is a sterling testament to that.

#notoneofthosebhuddistshooters #nothingtodowithislam

Given that Muslim extremists pose bar far the biggest terrorist threat to us in the UK it's not surprising that assumptions are made when something happens. Just like if a bomb went off somewhere in the 80s our first thought would be 'IRA'.

I'm not surprised our resident simpletons can't grasp the concept tho.

Given that Muslim extremists pose bar far the biggest terrorist threat to us in the UK it's not surprising that assumptions are made when something happens. Just like if a bomb went off somewhere in the 80s our first thought would be 'IRA'.

I'm not surprised our resident simpletons can't grasp the concept tho.

Jumping to conclusions again pal :lol:

Had people been awake at the time of the shooting, they would have been speculating till the cows come home.

This thread is a sterling testament to that.

#notoneofthosebhuddistshooters #nothingtodowithislam

I think you are right if not in America. The long history and non existent gun control mean I didn’t initially think it must ISIS and I was actually awake when it broke.

I think you are right if not in America. The long history and non existent gun control mean I didn’t initially think it must ISIS and I was actually awake when it broke.

Same here. Because it was in the US my first thoughts was that it was a usual American loonie. For whatever reason the US doesn't seem to have the amount of ISIS attacks that we have over here.

Who is taking cheep [sic] shots? You keep mentioning the right wing posters and the need for me and others to address them throughout this thread. It doesn’t have to be so polarised.

I find Sour Mash a nauseating sad old racist as stated before. Disagreeing with you doesn’t lessen that. The current terrorist threat is predominantly from Muslim extremists and no that doesn’t mean ‘only’, we all understand that.

You've still not said which of my opinions you disagree with. What's the hold up?

Absolutely no idea. It appears he may have been some mentally ill guy but it's difficult to tell at this point.

Now this is an interesting point you raise, and one worthy of discussion.

Whenever something like Las Vegas happens, the immediate assumption is that the perpetrator must have had some kind of mental illness. Why is it that nobody ever seems willing to ask this question when the attacks are carried out by someone with brown skin and a middle-eastern sounding name? Is it not possible that, in some cases at least, mental illness has a part to play when people become radicalised?

Is it not possible that, in some cases at least, mental illness has a part to play when people become radicalised?
What, like believing in a mythical all powerful entity, who will grant them a harem full of virgins for eternity if only they commit a particular form of suicide ?

Whenever something like Las Vegas happens, the immediate assumption is that the perpetrator must have had some kind of mental illness. Why is it that nobody ever seems willing to ask this question when the attacks are carried out by someone with brown skin and a middle-eastern sounding name? Is it not possible that, in some cases at least, mental illness has a part to play when people become radicalised?

Were Gerry Adams & his cohorts mentally ill or terrorists? Why was Peter Sutcliffe considered a nutter & not Martin Mcguiness? Did mental illness have a part to play in Irish republicanism or did they just want a United Irish state, and just wanted to create fear and terror amongst its civilian“enemies “.

It’s great how apologists for Islam try and equate their terrorism with random nut jobs. FFS they’d be defining Harold Shipman as a terrorist nowadays. Michael Ryan wasn’t a terrorist but IRA blokes who shot innocent civilians were. It’s that simple.

Muslim terrorists tell us why they are committing these acts, they even tell us in whose name they are committing these acts. We know exactly why they are doing it , just as we knew exactly why Adams and his cronies were doing what they did. There must be an element of mental illness in any killing , whether terror related or not. You can’t stop calling people who want to destroy our western way of life, set up a caliphate, strike terror in the heart of our towns & cities, killing I n the name of Islam , terrorists, just because some nut job non Muslim kills a load of innocents.

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Not an important point is it though and hopefully LD’s explanation clarifies. JonnyBoy will support your thinking.

Of course but on the surface this appears to be different than the usual sort of racist or Islamic extremist attack. Currently his motivation is unknown but it doesn't seem to be a terrorist attack and in my opinion mental illness seems the most likely cause at the moment. It's natural that people would assume that a similar attack from someone of middle Eastern appearance - possibly with an Allahu Akhbar thrown in for good measure- would be religiously motivated given the sheer number we have seen in recent times. The colour of his skin is largely irrelevant but his motivations if they are ever discovered will tell us a lot. After all, anders breivik was undoubtedly a terrorist and he is white.

Were Gerry Adams & his cohorts mentally ill or terrorists? Why was Peter Sutcliffe considered a nutter & not Martin Mcguiness? Did mental illness have a part to play in Irish republicanism or did they just want a United Irish state, and just wanted to create fear and terror amongst its civilian“enemies “.

It’s great how apologists for Islam try and equate their terrorism with random nut jobs. FFS they’d be defining Harold Shipman as a terrorist nowadays. Michael Ryan wasn’t a terrorist but IRA blokes who shot innocent civilians were. It’s that simple.

Muslim terrorists tell us why they are committing these acts, they even tell us in whose name they are committing these acts. We know exactly why they are doing it , just as we knew exactly why Adams and his cronies were doing what they did. There must be an element of mental illness in any killing , whether terror related or not. You can’t stop calling people who want to destroy our western way of life, set up a caliphate, strike terror in the heart of our towns & cities, killing I n the name of Islam , terrorists, just because some nut job non Muslim kills a load of innocents.

Agreeddd6e7318b0f6e9b95c6239decfc5d533.jpg

Not an important point is it though and hopefully LD’s explanation clarifies. JonnyBoy will support your thinking.

I do because you are suggesting that mental illness can never be a factor when a Muslim is the perpetrator. Just as a white power terrorist can be sane or insane, the same applies to people who claim they are doing it in the name of isis. Some are cold, calculating murderers, some are brain-washed mentally ill people.

Edited by Jonnyboy

I do because you are suggesting that mental illness can never be a factor the when a Muslim is the perpetrator. Just as a white power terrorist can be sane or insane, the same applies to people who claim they are doing it in the name of isis. Some are cold, calculating murderers, some are brain-washed mentally ill people.
You realise that being "brain washed" and being mentally ill can be mutually exclusive? Not everyone who has been taken in by the rubbish spouted by extremist Islam is mentally ill. There is a chance that they are and I don't have any figures to hand but I would suggest that those who commit terrorism do not do it primarily because they are mentally ill.