Terrorist Attacks - WARNING: CONTAINS DISTRESSING IMAGES

sadoldgit

Very brave blokes.

We recently did "terrorist" training at work and we where basically told to run away, hide and only fight if you are cornered. It makes sense in a mass shooting because its hard to fight a guy with a gun if you aren't John McClane. In the case of knife attacks I can't help feeling fighting back as a group is more effective than scattering and running. Mind you its easy to say that sat safely in front of a computer who knows how your fight or flight reflex is going to react if you are ever involved in a mass terrorist stabbing. By fighting back these guys probably stopped it being much worse they deserve all the plaudits they get.

I have to wonder though where the hell do you come across a Narwhal horn in the middle of London bridge though

It came from the wall in Fishmongers Hall.

I kind of naively thought if someone was convicted of terror offences and released from prison they would be kept under a very close eye on by the security services...apparently not. But yeah someone's head will role for this but as you point out probably not the people really responsible.
Or if they have dual nationality we should be making moves to deport them imo.

So London Bridge thread was locked and no reason given.

Assume all the politics threads will go same way as surely must meet same criteria for locking?

Anyway the London Bridge bloke was out on licence but had a tag. Good old probation service and Boris already making noises that not acceptable. Will be nothing to with the Tories making the service not fit for purpose from cuts and Grayling’s outsourcing. Nothing at all. No magic money tree for 5th largest economy in the world you know to employee people to do a job. A joke.

Because it seems nobody was capable of discussing it like an adult.

Hats off to Tusk Man and The Extinguisher....sensational stuff.

These fellas are amazing. The terrorist has already killed 2 people, injured others and they chase him down with a whale tusk and a fire extinguisher. He’s wearing a suicide vest which they don’t know is fake.

Incredible. True heroes. #LondonBridge

https://t.co/0hduOInM9I

Truly heroic stuff, those guys should get rewarded with something because they undoubtedly saved lives.

Amazing that they do that why some people in the same situation think the best thing to do is get to a safe distance, get their phone out and film it.

I kind of naively thought if someone was convicted of terror offences and released from prison they would be kept under a very close eye on by the security services...apparently not. But yeah someone's head will role for this but as you point out probably not the people really responsible.

Problem is, to monitor them all requires manpower which costs money and we can’t tax people with lots of it in case they move abroad or something.

Boris Johnson was personally warned about risks of freeing terrorists but said there was ‘no money’ to deradicalise them, ex-top prosecutor says

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-warned-london-bridge-attack-usman-khan-stabbing-terrorist-a9227681.html

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

These people just need locking up.

Boris Johnson was personally warned about risks of freeing terrorists but said there was ‘no money’ to deradicalise them, ex-top prosecutor says

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-warned-london-bridge-attack-usman-khan-stabbing-terrorist-a9227681.html

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

The problem is we can’t pay a few more quid in tax because we will turn into Venezuela and all the nice billionaires will move abroad. So we have no choice but to just let these things happen.

Truly heroic stuff, those guys should get rewarded with something because they undoubtedly saved lives.

Amazing that they do that why some people in the same situation think the best thing to do is get to a safe distance, get their phone out and film it.

We'd like to think we'd all jump in in similar circumstances but until it happens... It must be a surreal moment, some will just go in to shock, others will naturally turn and run from danger. In this situation, people were stopped in cars nearby, most would have been totally unaware of what's just gone on, it may have looked like an innocent man being attacked by 3 others. The filming could have been done by kids.

Hopefully this will inspire others to act similarly when the next terrorist attack inevitably happens if it will save more lives, but next time it could be a real explosives vest.

it may have looked like an innocent man being attacked by 3 others.

Indeed. Massive credit to the police for identifying what was going on and getting in and dealing with the bad guy.

Imagine a scenario in USA where a couple of black guys intervene to take down a terrorist - they'd probably all be dead.

Indeed. Massive credit to the police for identifying what was going on and getting in and dealing with the bad guy.

Imagine a scenario in USA where a couple of black guys intervene to take down a terrorist - they'd probably all be dead.

Just by looking at them I think they had a pretty good idea which one the terrorist. If pictures were posted of all 4 of them, and you were asked to pick him out. Apart from a couple of soft arsed lefties pretending they didn’t know, I think we’d all guess correctly which one was the culprit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just by looking at them I think they had a pretty good idea which one the terrorist. If pictures were posted of all 4 of them, and you were asked to pick him out. Apart from a couple of soft arsed lefties pretending they didn’t know, I think we’d all guess correctly which one was the culprit.

The one with the hooked nose?

Yeah, and I guess the bog-roll boom vest was a give away too. Rubber dingy rapids, innit.

But my broader point is that if you’re a brown person intervening in something like that you’d better hope the police know what’s going down.

One of the brave people that intervened was a kitchen porter called Mohammed.

Could you have done the same with Anders Breivik ? Is your assertion that the terrorist had to be the one that looked like a muslim ? Good job there weren't any Brazilian plumbers around, considering Cressida D1ck is in charge of the Met.

Decent human beings stand up to crazed nutter shock. If anything good comes out of another senseless terrorist atrocity is that normal people of any race, religion or background feel exactly the same about the people who carry out these actions. They will never win because decent people be they immigrants, Jews, Muslims, will not be stand for it. Just when you start to despair that you are living in a country that is insular and only cares about itself, something happens to give you renewed faith in humanity.

Decent human beings stand up to crazed nutter shock. If anything good comes out of another senseless terrorist atrocity is that normal people of any race, religion or background feel exactly the same about the people who carry out these actions. They will never win because decent people be they immigrants, Jews, Muslims, will not be stand for it. Just when you start to despair that you are living in a country that is insular and only cares about itself, something happens to give you renewed faith in humanity.

One was a convicted murderer who randomly killed a woman

https://news.sky.com/story/london-bridge-attack-convicted-murderer-among-people-who-tackled-terrorist-usman-khan-11874132

He killed a 21 year old woman with the mental age of a 15 year old. Not sure that makes him a 'fearless psychopath' :mcinees:

The act of a psychopath though. Key trait is that don’t have empathy and see life differently to likes you and me - assuming you are not one. So not noble bravery.

• 2 months later...

Anyone else see the video of the copper telling the occupants of a coffee shop to evacuate due to a terrorist incident, someone has been shot dead and believe there could be a bomb.....

Only to be asked if some can stay behind for half an hour or so as they may want to finish their food

LoL

Anyone else see the video of the copper telling the occupants of a coffee shop to evacuate due to a terrorist incident, someone has been shot dead and believe there could be a bomb.....

Only to be asked if some can stay behind for half an hour or so as they may want to finish their food

LoL

Proper English stoicism that, good to see the immigrant lady running the cafe has fully adapted to British Values.

Pretty sh1t terrorist in Streatham. 2 injured and 3rd from glass from police shots.

If you hell bent on stabbing and getting killed in process a very poor effort.

Agreed. At least the London Bridge attacker got some bang for his buck so to speak. Hardly a good advertisement for his brand of Islam: join us today and you too can be so incompetent that you fail to kill anyone in the service of Allah and you can get shot almost immediately for your troubles. Allahu Akbar.

Although ffs yet another Islamic terrorist let out after serving half his sentence for terrorism and goes out to murder and maim within a week. This country is run by clowns sometimes.

At the time of Amman's release there were concerns about the danger he might pose to the public but there were no legal mechanisms to keep him in prison

I mean how is that a thing? What's the point of a sentence if they are legally required to let someone leave prison after serving half?

Edited by hypochondriac

Although ffs yet another Islamic terrorist let out after serving half his sentence for terrorism and goes out to murder and maim within a week. This country is run by clowns sometimes.

At the time of Amman's release there were concerns about the danger he might pose to the public but there were no legal mechanisms to keep him in prison

I mean how is that a thing? What's the point of a sentence if they are legally required to let someone leave prison after serving half?

I think he was 17 at the time of his conviction, so was sentenced as a juvenile.

20 years old. What a waste of a life. Who knows what goes through these people’s heads? Apparently he was obsessed with dying for the cause so it makes little difference when he was released. If he was that adamant though it does make you wonder why there isn’t a mechanism for over riding the release process. Not only would it be safer for society, it would also have saved this person from himself. Perhaps a longer spell in captivity and better rehabilitation would have helped him turn a corner? The bottom line though is that none of these people should be let out while they still pose a threat to society.

20 years old. What a waste of a life. Who knows what goes through these people’s heads? Apparently he was obsessed with dying for the cause so it makes little difference when he was released. If he was that adamant though it does make you wonder why there isn’t a mechanism for over riding the release process. Not only would it be safer for society, it would also have saved this person from himself. Perhaps a longer spell in captivity and better rehabilitation would have helped him turn a corner? The bottom line though is that none of these people should be let out while they still pose a threat to society.

20 years old.

His radicalisation would have started years ago when he was a young pup... at home by his parents...in the Mosque, assuming he went, online, with his mates

Sad

20 years old.

His radicalisation would have started years ago when he was a young pup... at home by his parents...in the Mosque, assuming he went, online, with his mates

Sad

Security expert on the radio made this same point this morning. He said there are too many mosques that contain leaders who have some sympathy towards people like this Islamic extremist and things won't change until this is clamped down on.

20 years old.

Sad

I know you are taking the ****, but it is sad. It is sad for all involved, including his parents who must be devastated and will have to live with this for the rest of their lives. How would you feel if you were them? Still, one less Muslim to worry about, eh?

I know you are taking the ****, but it is sad. It is sad for all involved, including his parents who must be devastated and will have to live with this for the rest of their lives. How would you feel if you were them? Still, one less Muslim to worry about, eh?
Any children of mine won't be joining an Islamic death cult on my watch.

I know you are taking the ****, but it is sad. It is sad for all involved, including his parents who must be devastated and will have to live with this for the rest of their lives.

How do you think his parents felt in 2018 when he called on others to murder a pro gay rights speaker, would they have been proud of their son?

What about the whatsapp group he was using to expose young members of his family to terrorism - another happy day in the life of his parents?

What about his claim that Yazidi women were slaves the Koran made it possible to rape them - remind me, are you strong advocate of raping women? Still, his parents must have been over the moon that he shared those thoughts with another family member!

What about the acid attacks he said he wanted to carry out in the name of Islamic state that he sent to his girlfriend - parents must have been on cloud 9 at that one!

Still, not like the signs were there for his parents to do something about if they wanted to, eh?

How do you think his parents felt in 2018 when he called on others to murder a pro gay rights speaker, would they have been proud of their son?

What about the whatsapp group he was using to expose young members of his family to terrorism - another happy day in the life of his parents?

What about his claim that Yazidi women were slaves the Koran made it possible to rape them - remind me, are you strong advocate of raping women? Still, his parents must have been over the moon that he shared those thoughts with another family member!

What about the acid attacks he said he wanted to carry out in the name of Islamic state that he sent to his girlfriend - parents must have been on cloud 9 at that one!

Still, not like the signs were there for his parents to do something about if they wanted to, eh?

He was a good boy apparently...

They will still probably be devastated though.