Terrorist Attacks - WARNING: CONTAINS DISTRESSING IMAGES

sadoldgit

How do you think his parents felt in 2018 when he called on others to murder a pro gay rights speaker, would they have been proud of their son?

What about the whatsapp group he was using to expose young members of his family to terrorism - another happy day in the life of his parents?

What about his claim that Yazidi women were slaves the Koran made it possible to rape them - remind me, are you strong advocate of raping women? Still, his parents must have been over the moon that he shared those thoughts with another family member!

What about the acid attacks he said he wanted to carry out in the name of Islamic state that he sent to his girlfriend - parents must have been on cloud 9 at that one!

Still, not like the signs were there for his parents to do something about if they wanted to, eh?

How do you know what happened I’m that family? Did you share a house with them? How would you feel if a child of yours ended up like this? Are you saying it was their fault?

How do you know what happened I’m that family? Did you share a house with them? How would you feel if a child of yours ended up like this? Are you saying it was their fault?

There is a responsibility to bring your kids up s9 they know right from wrong.

You absolving them without knowing anything about them?

There is a responsibility to bring your kids up s9 they know right from wrong.

You absolving them without knowing anything about them?

So that is worse than condemning them without knowing anything about them. Our prisons are full of murders, rapists, theives. Should we bang up their parents too for letting their children get that way? If his family have connections to ISIS or encouraged him anyway I am sure that will be dealt with. So far that doesn’t seem to be the case.

So that is worse than condemning them without knowing anything about them. Our prisons are full of murders, rapists, theives. Should we bang up their parents too for letting their children get that way? If his family have connections to ISIS or encouraged him anyway I am sure that will be dealt with. So far that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Might be a slight deterrent to these fckers if they thought their parents would be punished for their actions.

I don’t know in this case but the Manchester bomber’s family had ties to extremism and hating the west.

Personally I think it’s wrong for any parent to impose any religious belief on their children. Extreme or otherwise. Sadly that’s not going to change any time soon and we will continue to live with this sort of nonsense.

Not going to change because of course parents teach their kids their beliefs. That is parenting.

More worrying is any edict of freedom of expression that everyone seems to want to impose.

Don’t get me started on the BAFTA lot banging on a bout diversity from their posh privileged positions.

Tenuous link I admit.

Listen to yourself. What do you know of that family other than they are Muslims?
I know their child is an Islamic extremist IS follower and a terrorist. I know he displayed worrying signs to his family potentially for years and there's no sign that he was reported or stopped from from doing it. Being Muslim is largely irrelevant save for the fact that their mad religion means its easier to find like minded people within it who hate the west and have sympathy towards extremists. Edited by hypochondriac

I know their child is an Islamic extremist IS follower and a terrorist. I know he displayed worrying signs to his family potentially for years and there's no sign that he was reported or stopped from from doing it. Being Muslim is largely irrelevant save for the fact that their mad religion means its easier to find like minded people within it who hate the west and have sympathy towards extremists.

How do you know this? Because you read it in the papers? Makes you an expert on their family situation. When you say he wasn’t stopped from doing it, don’t you think that being arrested for terrorist activities stopped him from doing it? Do you know what part his parents/family played in the arrest?

Are you saying that Muslims mothers don’t feel the loss of there sons the same way any other mother would? According to the reports she was “devastated.” You sound more like Batman everyday.
In what world is feeling the loss of a child the same as feeling shame? You have no idea what this family is like.

The bottom line is, no matter what you think of Muslims or foreigners, we all have to share the planet and find a way of living together. This constant round of blood letting on the streets is not going to end until we take some responsibility too. Just saying it is a Muslim problem and they need to sort it out isn’t going to work. We have a new PM who says he is going to energise Britain. Perhaps he can start by finding a way of engaging with radical elements who want to kill us that doesn’t involve just shooting them dead or locking them up. The current plan is to lock them up for longer. All that does is delay the inevitable. Perhaps the government needs to do more in understanding why this is happening on our streets and what they can do to prevent it in the first place. Things don’t happen in a vacuum.

The bottom line is, no matter what you think of Muslims or foreigners, we all have to share the planet and find a way of living together. This constant round of blood letting on the streets is not going to end until we take some responsibility too. Just saying it is a Muslim problem and they need to sort it out isn’t going to work. We have a new PM who says he is going to energise Britain. Perhaps he can start by finding a way of engaging with radical elements who want to kill us that doesn’t involve just shooting them dead or locking them up. The current plan is to lock them up for longer. All that does is delay the inevitable. Perhaps the government needs to do more in understanding why this is happening on our streets and what they can do to prevent it in the first place. Things don’t happen in a vacuum.
Yep we need to keep them locked up for longer whilst working to stop their brainwashing. Part of that involves cracking down on extremist propaganda eminating from mosques.

Part of that involves cracking down on extremist propaganda eminating from mosques.

The Qur'an says kill the non believers

The Bible instructs genocides

It is 'moderate' Christians and Muslims who are cheery picking and choosing not to follow the instructions of their God

They should both be banned from publication for inciting hatred

It is 'moderate' Christians and Muslims who are cheery picking and choosing not to follow the instructions of their God

When you can draw direct links between church leaders and violent Christian extremists in the UK then I'll call for similar levels of surveillance on churches. I don't think we should be censoring any texts that's the wrong way to go but we definitely need to scrutinise some high profile mosques to a greater degree than we currently do.

Exactly this. The culture and education level are far more important in determining mindset and tolerance. My girlfriend is third generation UK born Pakistani Christian. Her view of the world is the same as any liberal but what she tells me about Pakistani born grandmothers attitude would curl your teeth. Same for my work colleague who has an Iraqi Christian born mother.

When you can draw direct links between church leaders and violent Christian extremists in the UK then I'll call for similar levels of surveillance on churches. I don't think we should be censoring any texts that's the wrong way to go but we definitely need to scrutinise some high profile mosques to a greater degree than we currently do.

It remains a book that condones genocide, slavery, sexism, homophobia and many others. If someone were to write a new book that condones all of them it would breach UK law, but as it is in the Bible it is allowed to be printed. Double standards.

It remains a book that condones genocide, slavery, sexism, homophobia and many others. If someone were to write a new book that condones all of them it would breach UK law, but as it is in the Bible it is allowed to be printed. Double standards.

How did I know if you were on this thread you’d be evangelising about your atheism. Serious issues to be so fervent. Do you get worked up about Father Christmas?

Koran says suicide is not on either.

You show yourself every time to be no theologian. Peddling your simpleton views should be cause for embarrassment not something to trumpet as someone who has greater understanding.

Rehabilitation needs to be improved right across the board for offenders of all types who will be released at some point.

There is hardly any serious effort or funding being put into this at the moment, and it is very clear that we have no workable plan for tackling those who have been radicalised.

The sooner our government ministers stop spouting that we are the best in the world at everything, the better.

Let's listen for a change, in this case, to those countries who have had more success in these areas.

Koran says suicide is not on either.

You show yourself every time to be no theologian. Peddling your simpleton views should be cause for embarrassment not something to trumpet as someone who has greater understanding.

Your post is not a rebuttal to anything I said! :mcinnes: I made no mention of suicide, so how is that relevant?

What about my post is false? Are you denying the Bible concondones genocide, slavery, sexism & homophobia?

This gives martyrdom justification as they are supposed to be living in paradise and not dead...

Verse 154 of al-Baqara reads:

And say not of those who are killed in the Way of Allah, “They are dead.” Nay, they are living, but you perceive (it) not.

Watch out sound like you might be ripe for radicalisation. Protesteth too much

And the answer is......

How did I know if you were on this thread you’d be evangelising about your atheism. Serious issues to be so fervent. Do you get worked up about Father Christmas?
Obsessions, repetitive behaviour and routines can be a source of enjoyment for autistic people and a way of coping with everyday life. But they may also limit people's involvement in other activities and cause distress or anxiety. Find out what you can do to help.

How did I know if you were on this thread you’d be evangelising about your atheism. Serious issues to be so fervent.

Obsessions, repetitive behaviour and routines can be a source of enjoyment for autistic people and a way of coping with everyday life. But they may also limit people's involvement in other activities and cause distress or anxiety. Find out what you can do to help.

Evangelism is something only Christians can do. By definition it is solely a Christian thing.

In any case, I did not mention Atheism, my posts are on topic concerning religious terrorism and their holy books.

Do you get worked up about Father Christmas?

Belief in Father Christmas does generally not influence people's actions negatively to the point it harms other people. It does in the case of religion.

And the answer is......

Deal with the root causes and perhaps stop dropping bombs in the Middle East? These attacks only started when we ramped up military intervention. Islam has been around for thousands of years, Islamic fuelled terrorism on our streets is a relatively recent thing.

Deal with the root causes and perhaps stop dropping bombs in the Middle East? These attacks only started when we ramped up military intervention. Islam has been around for thousands of years, Islamic fuelled terrorism on our streets is a relatively recent thing.
I'm sorry but that's just laughably simplistic. Now I see why you voted for Labour...

Isn't 'Islam' the root cause for 'Islamic fuelled terrorism' or are there other 'root causes' that need dealing with?

I get the stop dropping bombs bit, but would that stop the terrorism even if the UK stopped dropping them - aren't all 'Westerners' considered fair game by the terrorists?

The warped idealogy of Islamic extremism cannot be reasoned with or pacified, short of destroying Israel and the whole world converting.

On a historical basis its a tragedy that one of the great cultures in human history is tainted with such pointless barbarism.

It's a battle that cannot be won completely, as far as this country is concerned we are seen as a legimate enemy due to our support of the US and hence Israel, our involvement in the Gulf war, Iraq, Afghanistan etc. Indoctrinated people are not rational, that goes for all religions. I'm comfortable for terrorists to be shot dead, those that escape their immediate journey to paradise should be given whole life jail terms, the risk of re-offending is clearly too high, and the "root causes" are complex and impossible to irradicate.

We live in a genuine multi-cultural tolerant society, the fact that mosques haven't been attacked en-masse after every terrorist murder proves that, and generally we disdain the far right bigots as much as the religious nutters.

How? The root cause is a religion that has a Holy Book that instructs followers to kill non-believers. How do you go about dealing with that? The terrorists are following the Holy Book accurately, the 'moderates' are cherry picking and ignoring the abhorrent parts of the Holy book.

To be fair, the whole region has been unstable for thousands of years.

Last century, there were nearly 100 conflicts between 1900-2000, many of them not involving the west.

The bible draws reference to many a conflict and the Quran was compiled in the midst of war and conflict.

So let's not pretend that all the regions ills are down to the wicked west. At the end of the day, even the Romans struggled to keep a lid on things in the region of peace LOL

Can't all be preaching hate and subjugating women :lol:

https://www.ft.com/content/690bc7d0-48d2-11ea-aeb3-955839e06441

Without paying to read that article, the headline doesn’t surprise me. The Muslim women I went to school with were generally very academic and one particular individual was top of the class in pretty much everything. Then in our final year of sixth form she went for some work experience/placement scheme and didn’t get it. Basically she had no hobbies and interests aside from going home and studying every day and after 5 minutes of the interview had run out of things to talk about.

No idea if that’s a general trend but I’d be interested to see how their sports, art, drama, D of E etc. Compare.

To be fair, the whole region has been unstable for thousands of years.

Last century, there were nearly 100 conflicts between 1900-2000, many of them not involving the west.

The bible draws reference to many a conflict and the Quran was compiled in the midst of war and conflict.

So let's not pretend that all the regions ills are down to the wicked west. At the end of the day, even the Romans struggled to keep a lid on things in the region of peace LOL

All true but peace in the Middle East is not the issue here, it how we make ourselves less of a target for sick Islamic nut-jobs over here. Our involvement in wars over there and alignment to the US and Israel has to be a factor. ISIS use images of innocent victims of western air strikes as propaganda and they are a powerful tool which these sickos probably see as some sort of justification for their depraved actions.

There is obviously way more to it than just revenge for our foreign policy but to say it makes no difference defies logic.

All true but peace in the Middle East is not the issue here, it how we make ourselves less of a target for sick Islamic nut-jobs over here. Our involvement in wars over there and alignment to the US and Israel has to be a factor. ISIS use images of innocent victims of western air strikes as propaganda and they are a powerful tool which these sickos probably see as some sort of justification for their depraved actions.

There is obviously way more to it than just revenge for our foreign policy but to say it makes no difference defies logic.

What about Germany, France, Morocco, Egypt, Mali, Indonesia, Australia, Iraq, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nigeria and Burkina Faso?

its weird how a 20 year old brit gets so worked up and kills random people (and himself) because of historical wars in a foreign land...

its weird how a 20 year old brit gets so worked up and kills random people (and himself) because of historical wars in a foreign land...

After nearly decapitating Mr Rigby, Adebolajo told witnesses to call the police and said that the killing was because "Muslims are dying daily by British soldiers. And this British soldier is one. It is an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

"Through many passages in the Koran we must fight them as they fight us."