Terrorist Attacks - WARNING: CONTAINS DISTRESSING IMAGES

sadoldgit

What can we do?

Well as a start, we shouldn't tolerate extremist preachers. Abu hamzel and choudary were tolerated for years. They were allowed to spout their bull****. Although they've been dealt with, there are hundreds more like them.

... a few saints fans chant "does your boyfriend know you're here" at Brighton fans and they get banning orders with the threat of prison.

So pass a law for incitement to commit terrorism, start arresting people that break it and either jail or deport them

Edited by Johnny Bognor

Please explain why you blame innocent Muslims for the crimes of terrorists - for you information the Muslims I have met at work today are as appalled by this crime as everyone else is. For that matter why are you assuming this attack was conducted by a immigrant?

There's a vigil tonight, let's see how many Muslims are there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What will that prove? There will be Muslims there. There would've Muslim NHS staff tending to the victims.

I'd round up every sympathising cnt on Twitter and put a tracking chip in them. Seriously though we need to have all these fckers identified

Please explain when I have said any of this?

I do not assume it was an 'immigrant', however I bet they are, if not directly, they will be a child/grandchild of one.

Unfortunately the damage is done.

My post was based on your response - which is now a matter of record.

But history shows us that Manchester has been bombed before - by the Luftwaffe in WWII of course and by the IRA, who also bombed the town of Warrington killing two innocent children in the process. So if all Muslims are somehow responsible for last night's appalling murder of innocent children - even if they have nothing at all to do with it - then presumably you will also feel that all British Catholics were equally culpable for the murder of little Jonathan Ball and Tim Parry back in 1993. That after all is the logic of your position is it not? In response to Warrington, and other terrorist outrages, do you think that the state should have attempted to suppress the Catholic faith, or even ban any further immigration from Ireland? Would such a sectarian (if not racist) policy response have solved the problem of IRA terror, or just made a bad situation even worse?

But if that is all wrong and this is not your opinion, then by all means do please explain to the forum what the difference is here.

But history shows us that Manchester has been bombed before - by the Luftwaffe in WWII of course and by the IRA, who also bombed the town of Warrington killing two innocent children in the process. So if all Muslims are somehow responsible for last night's appalling murder of innocent children - even if they have nothing at all to do with it - then presumably you will also feel that all British Catholics were equally culpable for the murder of little Jonathan Ball and Tim Parry back in 1993. That after all is the logic of your position is it not? In response to Warrington, and other terrorist outrages, do you think that the state should have attempted to suppress the Catholic faith, or even ban any further immigration from Ireland? Would such a sectarian (if not racist) policy response have solved the problem of IRA terror, or just made a bad situation even worse?

But if that is all wrong and this is not your opinion, then by all means do please explain to the forum what the difference is here.

Surely there is a difference between religion causing a devide than people killing innocent people (of any religion) in the name of their religion?

NI didn't happen because of something in the Catholic faith made them want to kill protestants or vice versa. It was the English rule they were fighting about, religion just made it worse.

Edited by aintforever

Surely there is a difference between religion causing a devide than people killing innocent people (of any religion) in the name of their religion?

He just likes to be a contrarian. A verbose one at that.

Im still waiting for you to point out where I said or suggested that this is as a result of all Muslims. I would imagine you won't in you next post either, as I never said that.

Ultimately, IMO, Islam is an outdated ideology, but that's besides the point. The only ones who can stop this behaviour is the Muslim community. Better education (actually, given some of the evil in the Koran, probably better interpretation) of the faith and more needs to be done to sound out these (minority) idiots.

The IRA were wrong and sick to act the way they did, but they were fighting for a purpose, and that was resolved. What are these fighting for? According to them, it's in the name of Islam. How do you suggest we stop that?

You have sick and twisted individuals from every race and religion and you'd be foolish to think otherwise. Preventing immigration from Islamic countries will not stop the issue, however even if it only stops 1 terrorist, or terror sympathiser than its better than nothing.

As I said, some the Muslim community do a great job to intergrate with society and reporting sick idiots like this, however as I also said a lot more needs to be done.

NI didn't happen because of something in the Catholic faith made them want to kill protestants or vice versa. It was the English rule they were fighting about, religion just made it worse.

Catholic Ireland's long and rather problematic relationship with Protestant Britain defies simple analysis of this sort - which is kind of the point I'm trying to make here. As it happens I don't believe for one moment that the IRA members who planted that bomb in Warrington back in 1993 were thinking much about the suppression of the Catholic Mass during the 16th century reformation while they went about their murderous work. That would be absurd. I'm equally doubtful that the teachings of the Muhammed in antiquity are of more significance than the current political turmoil that is engulfing much of the middle east is to today's terrorism.

This world of ours is a complicated (and increasing dangerous) place and simple solutions - workable ones that is - are pretty rare on the ground.

Im still waiting for you to point out where I said or suggested that this is as a result of all Muslims. I would imagine you won't in you next post either, as I never said that. .

He can't. It's just an argument he creates in his own head when he knows there is a serious problem with Islamic terrorism.

Im still waiting for you to point out where I said or suggested that this is as a result of all Muslims. I would imagine you won't in you next post either, as I never said that.

Ultimately, IMO, Islam is an outdated ideology, but that's besides the point. The only ones who can stop this behaviour is the Muslim community. Better education (actually, given some of the evil in the Koran, probably better interpretation) of the faith and more needs to be done to sound out these (minority) idiots.

The IRA were wrong and sick to act the way they did, but they were fighting for a purpose, and that was resolved. What are these fighting for? According to them, it's in the name of Islam. How do you suggest we stop that?

You have sick and twisted individuals from every race and religion and you'd be foolish to think otherwise. Preventing immigration from Islamic countries will not stop the issue, however even if it only stops 1 terrorist, or terror sympathiser than its better than nothing.

As I said, some the Muslim community do a great job to intergrate with society and reporting sick idiots like this, however as I also said a lot more needs to be done.

I can only suggest you read your own copy.

Re your enthusiasm for atheism, this is a viewpoint commonly held in western society today of course. But where does that attitude get us I wonder in what is a established multi-cultural European society which contains a substantial minority of British citizens who happen to be deeply religious people - two of the core liberal freedoms we are all supposed to believe in is freedom of expression and religion is it not? In practice we are a Hell of a long way from the state suppressing any form of religion. Indeed, I very much doubt this will ever happen in Europe, even if such a thing were desirable and legal.

As for your call for more efforts to combat terrorism, that is a kind of "motherhood and apple pie" statement - i.e. everyone would agree with it. But in practical terms the state seems to doing just about all it can already. Our security forces are obviously not perfect alas, but still among the most effective to be found anywhere. There is crime and there is punishment - what more do you want?

Edited by CHAPEL END CHARLIE

just had one on Radio 5 -

I have Muslim friends as yet I haven't seen an AK- 47 hanging up on their coat rack, nor the screwfix catalogue open at bolts and nails on the coffee table!!!

You cant get a big pot of tar and a big brush.......... if you do then the nutters are winning.

At the end of the day, this is more cultural enrichment from a medieval way of life.

All these signs of solidarity and saying we will not let them win etc mean nothing. It is like moving the goal posts for the nutters and us deciding what their end result is.

Basically, they wanted to kill as many innocent people as possible. They won last night and no matter how much we all tell everyone how wonderfully multi-cultural we are, is not gong to change that.

Been in Luton the last couple of days and holy shyt, what a hell hole. Even told what taxi companies not to use due to the Muslim bods owning/driving for that company who are well K own to the local officials for pushing for info from various types of people.

What a mess we are in and paying for being incredibly PC for too long allowing pure hate like choudry on the streets talking their bile. No doubt, this chap who did this last night will have been known by the police

But let's all stand holding hands telling each other how wonderful we are!

I can only suggest you read your own copy.

Re your enthusiasm for atheism, this is a viewpoint commonly held in western society today of course. But where does that attitude get us I wonder in what is a established multi-cultural European society which contains a substantial minority of British citizens who happen to be deeply religious people - two of the core liberal freedoms we are all supposed to believe in is freedom of expression and religion is it not? In practice we are a Hell of a long way from the state suppressing any form of religion. Indeed, I very much doubt this will ever happen in Europe, even if such a thing were desirable and legal.

As for your call for more efforts to combat terrorism, that is a kind of "motherhood and apple pie" statement - i.e. everyone would agree with it. But in practical terms the state seems to doing just about all it can already. Our security forces are obviously not perfect alas, but still among the most effective to be found anywhere. There is crime and there is punishment - what more do you want?

The majority of these are known as a risk to the authorities before they commit these attacks? What punishment do they suffer?

People are being radicalised in our prison system, people are being radacalised on our streets, young girls are being raped by groups of Muslim men and they're being told to commit crimes in the name of Islam. Not enough is being done to tackle these, from the authorities and the Muslim community.

If we cannot control the few we currently have, how do you suggest we control hundreds, if not thousands more?

It's all questions the tolerant left cannot answer. Everyone is just so afarid of being called racist that they don't stand up to it.

Edited by SKD

At the end of the day, this is more cultural enrichment from a medieval way of life.

All these signs of solidarity and saying we will not let them win etc mean nothing. It is like moving the goal posts for the nutters and us deciding what their end result is.

Basically, they wanted to kill as many innocent people as possible. They won last night and no matter how much we all tell everyone how wonderfully multi-cultural we are, is not gong to change that.

Been in Luton the last couple of days and holy shyt, what a hell hole. Even told what taxi companies not to use due to the Muslim bods owning/driving for that company who are well K own to the local officials for pushing for info from various types of people.

What a mess we are in and paying for being incredibly PC for too long allowing pure hate like choudry on the streets talking their bile. No doubt, this chap who did this last night will have been known by the police

Hmmm the ever so helpful Altright view.

What were you doing in Luton? Undercover?

There were plenty. Similarly within the ranks of the NHS staff dealing with the incident, and no doubt there were Muslim Police officers involved. Also, a large proportion of the taxi drivers and hotel staff assisting with getting people home, or at least to safety, are almost certainly Muslim.

What is your opinion of Muslims serving in the armed forces ?

Luton is indeed a shyt hole! OK it is!

Quite something when you go to a town/city on the mainland and you have to get a safety and security brief for your own care and protection. For no other reason than large swathes of 'um-intergrated' men.

Looks like tolerance of radical Islam on our shores is taking hold. Tolerance of them banging underage kids, mass murder, hate speech, unequal rights for gays and women and Sharia law

Oh well, must be a lively sat night maidstone these days

Corbyn's got some front, he should basically STFU. Sunday he refused to condemn the IRA.

Perhaps ISIS are using bullet & bombs to get their way, something McDonnell praised the IRA for.

Pathetic. Go back to your sh*tty tabloids.

Here's a cute little stat for you - a British Muslim is twice as likely to join the Caliphate in Syria and Iraq than he is to join the British Army

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/hundreds-more-uk-muslims-choose-jihad-than-army-l38256qqxx3

lol

"One MP said" "a leading Muslim figure said"

These statistics from Murdoch are watertight that's for sure.

To be fair the majority of the ones joining isis will be killed, let them go I say, a good way of weeding them out.

Quite something when you go to a town/city on the mainland and you have to get a safety and security brief for your own care and protection. For no other reason than large swathes of 'um-intergrated' men.

Looks like tolerance of radical Islam on our shores is taking hold. Tolerance of them banging underage kids, mass murder, hate speech, unequal rights for gays and women and Sharia law

Oh give it a rest, there's no such tolerance and you know it.

The safety brief is no different to the one you would have had under decades of IRA attacks.

The safety brief is no different to the one you would have had under decades of IRA attacks.

Be careful around chip pans, sharp knives and boiling water?

WTF has Maidstone got to do with it

If you look at what happened in Rotherham, Rochdale, Halifax, Stoke, Oxford, there clearly was.

If you look at what happened in Rotherham, Rochdale, Halifax, Stoke, Oxford, there clearly was.

Widespread public outcry and disgust at the crimes and the cover up by the Police, followed by lengthy prison sentences for the perpetrators.

Not denying these were terrible crimes, committed by Muslims in Britain but I haven't seen anything resembling tolerance for it.

Attack after attack and this thread carries on the same way with people defending Islam blindly. Not all Muslims are terrorists but most terrorists are Muslim (in modern times before some c*nt starts going on about the Crusades or the KKK or something). Not all Muslims are terrorists but around 60% of British Muslims wouldn't report it if someone they knew joined ISIS. Where do we draw the line?

Widespread public outcry and disgust at the crimes and the cover up by the Police, followed by lengthy prison sentences for the perpetrators.

Not denying these were terrible crimes, committed by Muslims in Britain but I haven't seen anything resembling tolerance for it.

You've got to be kidding? It went on for years while being brushed under the carpet, took ages people kicking off for anything to finally be done about it.

Catholic Ireland's long and rather problematic relationship with Protestant Britain defies simple analysis of this sort - which is kind of the point I'm trying to make here. As it happens I don't believe for one moment that the IRA members who planted that bomb in Warrington back in 1993 were thinking much about the suppression of the Catholic Mass during the 16th century reformation while they went about their murderous work. That would be absurd. I'm equally doubtful that the teachings of the Muhammed in antiquity are of more significance than the current political turmoil that is engulfing much of the middle east is to today's terrorism.

This world of ours is a complicated (and increasing dangerous) place and simple solutions - workable ones that is - are pretty rare on the ground.

Complicated yes but my point still stands. Religion in NI created a devide just like other things can like race or nationality. It wasn't their faith in itself that caused them to kill each other, it just turned them into 'us and them'. Muslim extremists are killing because of their religion - a distinct difference.

God knows what we can do about it but perpetuating the lie that it is nothing to do with Islam doesn't help anyone except the far right because people can see it clearly is. How can we expect people to understand when everyone is scared of honestly discussing the subject for fear of being accused of racism or 'tarring all Muslims with the same brush'?

Edited by aintforever

And plenty of them are already back walking our streets.

Some ******* strange posts on here.

We know it is a small fraction of muslims, we know that most muslims are good people, but there is a freaking problem, yet some posters don't even want to accept that.

There is a real and present threat to the western world from a fraction of muslims. However large or small that threat is, is probably unknown - but seriously stop defending the undefendable.

Some ******* strange posts on here.

We know it is a small fraction of muslims, we know that most muslims are good people, but there is a freaking problem, yet some posters don't even want to accept that.

There is a real and present threat to the western world from a fraction of muslims. However large or small that threat is, is probably unknown - but seriously stop defending the undefendable.

Haven't seen anyone defending this act; I'm certainly not.

It goes without saying that we don't want this kind of thing happening and we don't want these people in our country.

What is up for debate is the solution. I don't think the answer is to stop Muslims coming here and I despair reading comments about how 'we now tolerate Muslims coming over here and raping our underage children.'

We need to nip this problem in the bud and that bud is British born Muslims being isolated, brainwashed and marginalised. I personally would start by banning all religious schools but that would upset far too many people.