Terrorist Attacks - WARNING: CONTAINS DISTRESSING IMAGES

sadoldgit

Some ******* strange posts on here.

We know it is a small fraction of muslims, we know that most muslims are good people, but there is a freaking problem, yet some posters don't even want to accept that.

There is a real and present threat to the western world from a fraction of muslims. However large or small that threat is, is probably unknown - but seriously stop defending the undefendable.

The only way we'll win this battle is for ordinary decent Muslims to sort their loons out, but they don't seem capable or willing to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't seen anyone defending this act; I'm certainly not.

It goes without saying that we don't want this kind of thing happening and we don't want these people in our country.

What is up for debate is the solution. I don't think the answer is to stop Muslims coming here and I despair reading comments about how 'we now tolerate Muslims coming over here and raping our underage children.'

We need to nip this problem in the bud and that bud is British born Muslims being isolated, brainwashed and marginalised. I personally would start by banning all religious schools but that would upset far too many people.

You think this is a problem we can 'nip in the bud'?

And as for banning religious schools - such a leftie approach (you may not be a Lettie of course) I don't really support them however this is a Muslim problem and incredible how blind some are and how clueless how belief systems work.

ISIS are ****ing themselves at however hard they hit that so many of the infidels will be at pains to deny it. And no I am not for blind retaliation but we need to get tougher with these extremists. We should ban Islam teachings of any form in jails. Imagine the outcry. Couldn't do that could we and would have to get rid of the Chaplain too. Let's just have hashtags and rainbows and light up the Eiffel Tower and wait for the next one and repeat

Edited by whelk

Oh give it a rest, there's no such tolerance and you know it.

The safety brief is no different to the one you would have had under decades of IRA attacks.

For years, people raised their concerns about Muslim men banging kids. Some got sacked. Nothing really happened because the authorities were so gripped with PC.

For years, we saw hate preachers on the streets. Nothing happened as we must allow freedom of speech etc

For years we know there are (not were) radicalism going on around mosques. There is on in Manchester where within a 2mile radius, 16 Muslims have been charged with terror offences in recent years! I wonder if that Mosque has been investigated? I wonder if the chap who killed the kids went there? But then, we have politicians like Andy burnham telling us it is nothing to do with Islam and people like you telling us all this is an over-reaction.

For years, people have been warning us of mass casualty events after 7/7.

Then again, they were wrong and just whipping up anti Muslim rhetoric. Despite a lad nearly getting his head cut off in public, people mowed down in the middle of London and scores of terror arrests.

Yet, there is nothing wrong with Islam?

It was shocking getting a safety brief for entering a UK town. That brief was required for no other reason that the large number of un-integrated muslim men. They are not at war, they have no end result, they have not had their land taken in some historic battle! BUT they are an obvious danger due to their overt anti-western feelings and known loons live there. Are parts of Luton now actually ghetto-ised?

Shocking and we will see Armed forces on the streets today, absolutely shocking.

Welcome to a UK where the is nothing wrong with Islam and this can be 'nipped in the bud'!

before you, johnnyboy, soggy say it. Obviously, there is not an issue with ALL muslims here but there is an issue with some and many of the moderate views held by them are simply not compatible with the peaceful way of life we have created here.

Edited by Batman

Do they follow a "medieval way of life" ?

The ones I know do not follow any form of islam. It is like me putting down CofE on my forms when I do not follow any religious faith what so ever as 'none' is not an option

One lad who I work with openly admits being a full on Muslim would be a problem for him in the forces as there are equal rights for woman, homosexuals and transgenders with so many non-believers. And he likes to eat and drink what he wants.

He also told us that his dad moved over here from Jordan circa 30 years ago and was fairly liberal with his islamic views. So much so (now his son has joined the forces) he is not welcome at his local mosque and received threats when his lad joined up in 2004-ish. He had to move away from the midlands.

but then, he is probably just making all that up to fit in with the right-wing, war-mongering UK Armed Forces.

this bit from Morrisey sums it up nicely...

Celebrating my birthday in Manchester as news of the Manchester Arena bomb broke. The anger is monumental.

For what reason will this ever stop?

Theresa May says such attacks "will not break us", but her own life is lived in a bullet-proof bubble, and she evidently does not need to identify any young people today in Manchester morgues. Also, "will not break us" means that the tragedy will not break her, or her policies on immigration. The young people of Manchester are already broken - thanks all the same, Theresa. Sadiq Khan says "London is united with Manchester", but he does not condemn Islamic State - who have claimed responsibility for the bomb. The Queen receives absurd praise for her 'strong words' against the attack, yet she does not cancel today's garden party at Buckingham Palace - for which no criticism is allowed in the Britain of free press. Manchester mayor Andy Burnham says the attack is the work of an "extremist". An extreme what? An extreme rabbit?

In modern Britain everyone seems petrified to officially say what we all say in private. Politicians tell us they are unafraid, but they are never the victims. How easy to be unafraid when one is protected from the line of fire. The people have no such protections.

Morrissey

23 May 2017.

Edited by Batman

In terms of wtf to do, I've seen calls to ban immigration and restrict Muslim and other religious schools. These aren't as drastic options as I expected. Morrissey is blathering on about the politicians not being in the front line, but all he is doing is making angry statements with no attempt at exploring how to 'fix' the problem.

We do need bold leadership and perhaps unshackle ourselves from the fear of offending minorities. Equally, we need to restrain the burgeoning anger and hatred of groups who want to kick off in order to relieve their own feelings of impotence.

It can't be long before a dirty bomb is used, which political movement is going to prevent it?

You only have to watch the news to understand what can happen if you allow Islamic teachings to be enforced in every day life, only yesterday we had this disgrace in Indonesia in a part of the country that now follows Sharia law ;

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/39996224

we know that in some communities in England there are Sharia hearings to resolve family disputes etc. by allowing this to happen the British government are not doing enough to prevent this backward culture from spreading. If we'd left these communities to deal with the grooming gangs they would have probably sentenced the girls to stoning.

The ones I know do not follow any form of islam. It is like me putting down CofE on my forms when I do not follow any religious faith what so ever as 'none' is not an option

One lad who I work with openly admits being a full on Muslim would be a problem for him in the forces as there are equal rights for woman, homosexuals and transgenders with so many non-believers. And he likes to eat and drink what he wants.

He also told us that his dad moved over here from Jordan circa 30 years ago and was fairly liberal with his islamic views. So much so (now his son has joined the forces) he is not welcome at his local mosque and received threats when his lad joined up in 2004-ish. He had to move away from the midlands.

but then, he is probably just making all that up to fit in with the right-wing, war-mongering UK Armed Forces.

this bit from Morrisey sums it up nicely...

I feel genuinely sorry for those that are born into this culture and struggle to get out and away from it.

For years, people raised their concerns about Muslim men banging kids. Some got sacked. Nothing really happened because the authorities were so gripped with PC.

For years, we saw hate preachers on the streets. Nothing happened as we must allow freedom of speech etc

For years we know there are (not were) radicalism going on around mosques. There is on in Manchester where within a 2mile radius, 16 Muslims have been charged with terror offences in recent years! I wonder if that Mosque has been investigated? I wonder if the chap who killed the kids went there? But then, we have politicians like Andy burnham telling us it is nothing to do with Islam and people like you telling us all this is an over-reaction.

Then again, they were wrong and just whipping up anti Muslim rhetoric. Despite a lad nearly getting his head cut off in public, people mowed down in the middle of London and scores of terror arrests.

It was shocking getting a safety brief for entering a UK town. That brief was required for no other reason that the large number of un-integrated muslim men. They are not at war, they have no end result, they have not had their land taken in some historic battle! BUT they are an obvious danger due to their overt anti-western feelings and known loons live there. Are parts of Luton now actually ghetto-ised?

Shocking and we will see Armed forces on the streets today, absolutely shocking.

Welcome to a UK where the is nothing wrong with Islam and this can be 'nipped in the bud'!

before you, johnnyboy, soggy say it. Obviously, there is not an issue with ALL muslims here but there is an issue with some and many of the moderate views held by them are simply not compatible with the peaceful way of life we have created here.

His is hilarious. You've just watched the Tommy Robinson video and written it down practically word for word haha

Will bring my thoughts into this.

My best mate is a 'Muslim'- and when I write this- He is a Muslim by name, not by nature.

He drinks, doesn't eat halal food, and doesn't follow any of the other oppressed beliefs that Islam wants. I've gone concerts, gigs, nightclubs with him too- and likely any other Muslims who did go to the concert are not proper Muslims either, as he tells me Islam bans music too. He tells me how the religion still lives in the 1800s- women covering themselves etc etc. also says Britain is too tolerant, which is its downfall. Go to the Birmingham city centre for example- you'll see Muslim men preaching and what not. Imagine white British people going to Pakistan or Bangladesh for example and trying to do that and preach Christianity or atheism- they'd likely get shot.

Multiculturalism doesn't work, but he hopes that once the last two generations of Muslim men have passed over, people like himself who have no plan to follow Islam or bring their children up with Muslim values can be compatible with British society.

Yes the Muslim Council of Britain condemn the attacks, but some 'Muslims' need to understand that if they do not like British cultures and values, and as my mate says- 'they should ***** off back to their own country'.

Also, how shocking that a British homeless man was helping in the atrocity, and the guy who committed the attack was in a council house more than likely claiming benefits.

If you want to stop these jihadists, go after the people who radicalized the bombers. Then see who they work for and I find the core of the problem. Of course it would be hard to get all the nonsense of the web, but we have enough hate preachers who have been preaching for years with authorities doing too little to stop them.

As said above, we have been to tolerant to these people. I have no problem with Mosques etc, however Sharia courts and religious schools (Christianity, Islam or any other religion) should be banned. I had the misfortune to go to a Christian school and thinking back the bullish!t we were taught was crazy.

Everyone should be able to follow the religion they choose to, but in a moderate way without telling others what they believe is wrong is it's different to their beliefs.

On a positive note after this horrendous attack, its was good to see people uniting and brave people stepping in to help the wounded shortly after the attack.

They're killing because of their faction / interpretation of their religion, which - like NI - is often linked to ethnic or tribal origin.

So you think the IRA killed people because of their interpretation of the Catholic faith? Utter ******.

I like how the token Muslims on here all drink, don't eat halal, go to concerts (:lol:) and all loudly claim they don't follow the oppressed belief system of Islam (because without fail they all have a coherent sense of what that system is).

In other words, all the 'sound' Muslims aren't really Muslims at all, at least in the eyes of our deep and learned Islamic scholars on here (this omits the fact that alot of those involved in these attrocities were hardly pious: they drank, did drugs, slept around, were involved in petty criminality etc.).

Is this the 21st century version of 'some of my best mates are black...'? :

So you think the IRA killed people because of their interpretation of the Catholic faith? Utter ******.

Guess you didnt read properly - again.

Religion in NI is a marker for something else. The Protestants are seen by the Catholics and by themselves as the descendants of colonists - invading settlers who arrived in Ulster after the Nine Years War and the defeat of the indigenous Catholic Gaelic aristocracy. The Protestants see the Catholics as primitive bog trotters and rebels. As I said its often not about religion per se, but that the religious beliefs are a visible marker for cultural / racial / tribal divides

Wiki yourself https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine_Years%27_War_(Ireland)

Edited by buctootim

Guess you didnt read properly - again.

Religion in NI is a marker for something else. The Protestants are seen by the Catholics and by themselves as the descendants of Scottish landowning invaders who arrived in Ulster after the Nine Years War and the defeat of the indigenous Catholic Gaelic aristocracy. The Protestants see the Catholics as primitive bog trotters and rebels. As I said its often not about religion per se, but that the religious beliefs are a visible marker for cultural / racial / tribal divides

Wiki yourself https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine_Years%27_War_(Ireland)

That is factually, proven to be not the case when it comes to Jihadi terrorists.

This recent attack was yet another example of a perfectly intelligent young man with every opportunity to fully integrate into a welcoming Western country, who turned it down to make his own contribution to the war effort of the global caliphate.

Please read and study this article.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/03/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

By the way, isn't it interesting how when someone points out the ethnicity of the terrorist, the left is keen to continuously bang the drum about how he was born in England and therefore he's English as apple pie.

Yet on the other hand, he's perfectly justified in his actions because he's defending his land and his people from a foreign invading force...wait a second, I thought he was English?

:lol:

By the way, isn't it interesting how when someone points out the ethnicity of the terrorist, the left is keen to continuously bang the drum about how he was born in England and therefore he's English as apple pie.

Yet on the other hand, he's perfectly justified in his actions because he's defending his land and his people from a foreign invading force...wait a second, I thought he was English?

:lol:

I haven't seen a single person say the "on the other hand" element of your post. Who has been saying he's justified (other than other terrorists)?

That is factually, proven to be not the case when it comes to Jihadi terrorists.

This recent attack was yet another example of a perfectly intelligent young man with every opportunity to fully integrate into a welcoming Western country, who turned it down to make his own contribution to the war effort of the global caliphate.

Please read and study this article.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/03/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

Factually proven? Thats a grand claim for the opinion of an American WASP. You talk about Jihadis as if they all agree. They don't. For example IS see Hamas as a bigger enemy than Britain.

By all means read but read more than one opinion, ideally from people born and raised in the regions. Mona Siddiqui is good but there are many.

The only way we'll win this battle is for ordinary decent Muslims to sort their loons out, but they don't seem capable or willing to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a) How do we know that they aren't actively in passing intelligence to our security services?

b) Why should an ordinary peaceful Muslim have to make it his business to become an Islamic version of James Bond? Do we sort out "our" loons? No. We have a police force for that purpose and a Military Intelligence service for more serious matters.

c) If you were a terrorist and about to blow yourself up, would you go round to everyone you knew blabbing about it? The average Muslim probably knows as much about terror operations as Sour Mash, Batman and Hypochondriac.

d) Please don't go down the Katie Hopkins road that somehow they are all implicit in these atrocities just because they are struggling to find a way to deal with this sh*t just as much as "we" are.

Martyn has now been confirmed as murdered in the terrorist attack. I have been fortunate enough to pass on my condolences to his family, who are understandably distraught at this time, including his brother, who has been doorstepped by journalists after refusing to engage with them on twitter. Rest in Peace my friend.

_96187813_mediaitem96187812.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-40026357

Martyn has now been confirmed as murdered in the terrorist attack. I have been fortunate enough to pass on my condolences to his family, who are understandably distraught at this time, including his brother, who has been doorstepped by journalists after refusing to engage with them on twitter. Rest in Peace my friend.

RIP Martyn

a) How do we know that they aren't actively in passing intelligence to our security services?

b) Why should an ordinary peaceful Muslim have to make it his business to become an Islamic version of James Bond? Do we sort out "our" loons? No. We have a police force for that purpose and a Military Intelligence service for more serious matters.

c) If you were a terrorist and about to blow yourself up, would you go round to everyone you knew blabbing about it? The average Muslim probably knows as much about terror operations as Sour Mash, Batman and Hypochondriac.

d) Please don't go down the Katie Hopkins road that somehow they are all implicit in these atrocities just because they are struggling to find a way to deal with this sh*t just as much as "we" are.

He's offered one more solution than you've managed to come up with anyway.

What you're saying is there isn't a single thing more muslim communities can do to help stop terror attacks. So in reality, you're saying such attacks are just part of having muslim communities living in this country. A disgustingly islamophobic attitude to take.

Might not need troops on the streets if the Tories hadn't got rid of 20000 police officers.

nothing to do with that what so ever, is it

The murderers dad has now been placed under arrest.

I suspect plenty of his friends and neighbours are very sympathetic to their views (not their actions) of total disregard for our way of life

Edited by Batman

there is a surprise. The lad who carried this one out was (as always) known to the authorities.

If they can give out football banning orders, passport hand ins, exclusion zones without conviction, how can these people just mooch about where and when they want?

If they can give out football banning orders, passport hand ins, exclusion zones without conviction, how can these people just mooch about where and when they want?

gripped by PC. not that long ago, there was rehearsal by the police/security services in a shopping centre for a scenario just like this..

guess what, the authorities were slammed by some for having actors shout 'allahu akbar'

for some reason, thee warped views on homosexuals, women's rights are accepted from that part of society. No wonder there are far more dangerous people when their baseline of what is acceptable is what we all find disgusting

it is now emerging that this chap (the killer) was quite open at university and at his mosque about his views on the west.....yet he still strolls around unchallenged coming back from Libya

Edited by Batman

He's offered one more solution than you've managed to come up with anyway.

What you're saying is there isn't a single thing more muslim communities can do to help stop terror attacks. So in reality, you're saying such attacks are just part of having muslim communities living in this country. A disgustingly islamophobic attitude to take.

I'm not saying that at all. I am saying that this has no more to do with peaceful Muslims than it does to you. Its a bit strong for you to accuse someone else of Islamophobia. Can you stop non Muslims committing murder, rape, theft? No of course not. So is this a price to pay for having you living in this country?

RIP. I read an article about him in the Independent this morning. He sounded like a wonderful person. This is all so very distressing.

I'm not saying that at all. I am saying that this has no more to do with peaceful Muslims than it does to you. Its a bit strong for you to accuse someone else of Islamophobia. Can you stop non Muslims committing murder, rape, theft? No of course not. So is this a price to pay for having you living in this country?

well, it is emerging (lets see how accurate this is) that the killers imam was concerned about the views held by said bomber when in he local Mosque.....But did not report it.

apparently, over 3500 people are on the terror watchlist in the UK. this chap was not one of them.

Edited by Batman

Why are you attempting to lump everyone in together? I wouldn't insult someone like moonraker by pretending your mad views are shared by him. Kindly don't do the same to me thanks.

I know it suits your agenda and is easier for you to handle when you pretend that everyone who thinks there is an Islamic extremism problem in the UK that could at least partially be handled by the Islamic community is a racist by please try to understand that there is a wide spectrum of views on this issue, many which strongly disagree with you.

Edited by hypochondriac

Extremely sorry to hear that Guan. These things always hit home harder when they affect you personally. My condolences.

What is Jake Humphrey on? Ok there is clearly a poignancy to game but he is trying to link everything about the cup final with this attack. Even saying it is the biggest game of the season for all of us. Sensationalism and not needed.

Why are you attempting to lump everyone in together? I wouldn't insult someone like moonraker by pretending your mad views are shared by him. Kindly don't do the same to me thanks.

I know it suits your agenda and is easier for you to handle when you pretend that everyone who thinks there is an Islamic extremism problem in the UK that could at least partially be handled by the Islamic community is a racist by please try to understand that there is a wide spectrum of views on this issue, many which strongly disagree with you.

SOG doesn't know any Muslims and actually many acknowledge what he refuses to. It is more important for him and others to feel 'right on', well superior really, but actually very uninformed and just spouts same old crp as he has done consistently throughout this thread.

G-list celeb/comedian Rufus Hound on Twitter suggesting the attack was an inside job because a) she used to be home secretary b) Tories have had a bad week in the polls and this would be just the ticket c) the establishment are, like, evil and d) you know, Nazis.

Utter helmet.

"the peaceful way of life we have created here" lol, yep it's always been like heaven in the UK, 0% crime of any kind.

Weirdo.

It's being reported that Abedi's father used to work for Gaddafi's internal 'security' but fell out with the regime and went to Saudi Arabia, where he was indoctrinated by Wahhabi extremists. It's likely he infected the rest of his family with this vicious garbage.

Donald Trump just signed off on a colossal $110 billion arms deal with the same Wahhabi-dominated Saudi Arabia, which has been exporting its murderous ideology since 1979. Trump removed from his speech announcing the deal any mention of a connection between the Saudis and terrorism.

On the same visit, Trump sabre-rattled at Iran as a vast exporter of terrorism. Whatever one might say about a brutal regime, Trump was saying this just as more progressive forces this week won a general election there. He might also have to think hard to come up with any Iranian state-inspired terrorist assaults in New York, Paris, Washington, London or Manchester.

Wahhabism is the problem - Wahhabism and its Salafist variants are almost always the problem when people in shopping malls, hotels and concerts are cut down by nail bombs and other paraphernalia of mass killing.

Wahhabism is the problem - Wahhabism and its Salafist variants are almost always the problem when people in shopping malls, hotels and concerts are cut down by nail bombs and other paraphernalia of mass killing.

you are getting ahead of yourself. our politicians (andy Burnham for example) wont even say islam has anything to do with this, let along nail-down a warped variant of it

you are getting ahead of yourself. our politicians (andy Burnham for example) wont even say islam has anything to do with this, let along nail-down a warped variant of it

Presumably Theresa May brought up this issue when she visited Saudi recently? Would have been the perfect opportunity. Or is she more interested in trade and oil? Strong and stable and all that...

And keeping the problems associated with Wahhabism under the carpet just gives the far right more influence because people know they are being fed lies.

How can you expect the public to understand unless they are educated. I can't remember ever hearing a politician say the words Wahhabism, Salafist or mentioning Saudi Arabia in connection with terrorism - the fist I heard of Wahhabism was on here - a football forum, it didn't take much googling to realise what Verbal is saying is spot on.

Edited by aintforever

A couple of muslims (one a former extremist), linking the terrorism to Islam...

Also a bit of an insight into the Saudi's input / salafists / wahhabism...

A decent watch if you can stomach Piers Morgan for a few moments...

It would be much better if they actually let him finish answering a question before moving to the next point.

Who makes the decision that he's an ex-extremist...?