Terrorist Attacks - WARNING: CONTAINS DISTRESSING IMAGES

sadoldgit

Anyone have sympathy for the woman who wants to come back to the U.K.?

Nope, I hope the government stick to their word and do all they can to block her from coming back. It's naive to think she didn't know what she was doing when she went out, she only wants to come back because the Yanks are kicking IS' ass.

In theory she is our problem but hopefully the Peshmerga would have other plans for her.

Nope, I hope the government stick to their word and do all they can to block her from coming back. It's naive to think she didn't know what she was doing when she went out, she only wants to come back because the Yanks are kicking IS' ass.

In theory she is our problem but hopefully the Peshmerga would have other plans for her.

Yep. Hopefully someone rescues the baby and then removes her as a problem so we won't have a decision to make.

Christ, so much wrong in so short a post.

1. The government's 'word' includes the words we probably can't stop her from returning.

2. It's baffling why you think our problem should be dumped on the Syrians, who've been put through enough by these idiots decamping to their country and violating it so profoundly.

3. She was 15 when she went out - a child - and was brought up by a distinctly Jihadist-leaning family. So I suspect it's naive to think that she knew what she was doing in any rounded sense.

4. The 'Yanks' have kicked no one's ass - IS have been routed on the ground by Kurdish and Syrian Democratic Forces after indiscriminate aerial bombardments by the Russians. The US has been a very minor player in actual fighting.

5. The Peshmerga is an Iraqi Kurdish fighting force, not Syrian. So they have precisely no plans for her, as they're in an entirely different country.

6. The Kurdish/SDF forces want rid of their foreign prisoners. So yes, they have plans - just not the ones you think.

Christ, so much wrong in so short a post.

1. The government's 'word' includes the words we probably can't stop her from returning.

2. It's baffling why you think our problem should be dumped on the Syrians, who've been put through enough by these idiots decamping to their country and violating it so profoundly.

3. She was 15 when she went out - a child - and was brought up by a distinctly Jihadist-leaning family. So I suspect it's naive to think that she knew what she was doing in any rounded sense.

4. The 'Yanks' have kicked no one's ass - IS have been routed on the ground by Kurdish and Syrian Democratic Forces after indiscriminate aerial bombardments by the Russians. The US has been a very minor player in actual fighting.

5. The Peshmerga is an Iraqi Kurdish fighting force, not Syrian. So they have precisely no plans for her, as they're in an entirely different country.

6. The Kurdish/SDF forces want rid of their foreign prisoners. So yes, they have plans - just not the ones you think.

What's your opinion on whether she should be let back into the UK? Obviously you have more of an insight into the psychology of people over there - do you think it would be safe to integrate these kind of people back into British society?

Absolutely not. If she comes back, she should be arrested on arrival and locked up. However, I think the UK Government should rescind her passport so she cannot attempt to re-enter the country.

Does she actually have a UK passport? Seem to remember reading she travelled on a cousin's or sister's papers.

She should be tried for whatever crimes she has been accused of in the country she allegedly committed them. Personally I think that should be an autonomous Kurdish state in Northern Iraq/Syria but I’m guessing there will be opposition to that.

I really hope we doing screw over the Kurds to appease the Turks.

I see they have removed her citizenship now.

Personally its situations like that which made me want out of the UK.

Someone leaves to go join a horrible bunch of people who want nothing more than to kill as many people as possible, especially non Islamic people. She goes there and through choice marries a terrorist and has his children. They lose the fight they started, the husband is convicted in Holland for a terrorist attack. She shows no remorse and calls attacks on innocent people justified retaliation. But don't worry it was her just being 'silly' and she should be allowed home the liberals say.

The only way this ***** should be allowed to go back to the UK is if its to hang her.

Slightly different spin on this.

I don’t care much for her, but we have basically turned around to Bangladesh (where she has never set foot) and said ‘there you go, your problem now’.

Just another example of this country shirking it’s responsibilities. As much as we all dislike the creature, she is a product of the UK and we shouldn’t be forcing other countries to deal with her. We should be the ones judge her and apply the law, this is just lazy behaviour from the UK.

Slightly different spin on this.

I don’t care much for her, but we have basically turned around to Bangladesh (where she has never set foot) and said ‘there you go, your problem now’.

Just another example of this country shirking it’s responsibilities. As much as we all dislike the creature, she is a product of the UK and we shouldn’t be forcing other countries to deal with her. We should be the ones judge her and apply the law, this is just lazy behaviour from the UK.

Agree in a way but there needs to be a deterrent to stop other scumbags going abroad and doing the same so think it’s the right thing to do.

I wonder what might happen if Bangladesh refuse to take her. I understand Bangladesh is under no obligation to grant her a passport. Would be a shame if this turns into some international diplomatic wrangle.

Perhaps we would have been better off charging her and letting her rot in a UK prison where we can keep an eye on her.

I also wonder whether the case would have treated differently if we had a Labour government in power.

I wonder what might happen if Bangladesh refuse to take her. I understand Bangladesh is under no obligation to grant her a passport. Would be a shame if this turns into some international diplomatic wrangle.

Perhaps we would have been better off charging her and letting her rot in a UK prison where we can keep an eye on her.

I also wonder whether the case would have treated differently if we had a Labour government in power.

We already know they would have let her back in under labour. Diane Abbott said as much.

Is there a viable reason that the government have decided to get tough on her and her newborn when over 400 former ISIS fighters (whom I assume are mostly men) have already returned and only a handful of them prosecuted? Is she deemed more hardcore than others, since she left it so late to attempt to come back?

She comes across as stupid, devoid of emotion; blank; empty, and a little cocky in the interviews. Threat to society? (More so than others who have possibly disappeared from radar since returning?) We do not know and possibly never will. Easier to tell her to **** off I guess.

Is there a viable reason that the government have decided to get tough on her and her newborn when over 400 former ISIS fighters (whom I assume are mostly men) have already returned and only a handful of them prosecuted? Is she deemed more hardcore than others, since she left it so late to attempt to come back?

She comes across as stupid, devoid of emotion; blank; empty, and a little cocky in the interviews. Threat to society? (More so than others who have possibly disappeared from radar since returning?) We do not know and possibly never will. Easier to tell her to **** off I guess.

I think because under Bangladeshi law she's a citizen so it's easier to make it their problem

That reads as if a whole bunch of ISIS fighters turned up in duty free at Gatwick, causally wandered through border control and went back to work on Monday. The idea that we’re knowingly letting Jihadists back into the country, as if they’ve just had a week in Benidorm, is ridiculous.

If a bunch of tabloid journalists apparently know these 400 people who’ve come back to the UK, our intelligence services will too. They will be ‘dealt with’ eventually.

I think that your protestations that you are not an Islamophobe can finally be put to bed and if it is true that your wife’s family are Muslim they must be so proud of your posting history on this forum.
Lol. Hi soggy. It was my brother in law who sent them to me you fanny. He's probably a self hating Arab.

Horrendous playing to the gallery from the home sec.

She’s as British as me and 90% of the posters on here, she’s not Bangladeshi. If you’re going to start telling people they’re not really British because their parents were born elsewhere, you’re really moving into Griffin territory. It comes to something when Corbyn is on the right side of a foreign policy debate.

Just pretending she’s not British just because we’ve had 20 years of a soft, wet, pinko justice and welfare system is bizarre.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Horrendous playing to the gallery from the home sec.

It is. But you also know that he is doing it in part because some in the wider electorate resent having an Asian home secretary and will accuse him of being 'soft on his own kind' if he doesn't. If JRM said 'bring her home' it would attract less controversy than if Javid said it.

She’s as British as me and 90% of the posters on here, she’s not Bangladeshi. If you’re going to start telling people they’re not really British because their parents were born elsewhere, you’re really moving into Griffin territory.

Good post. Britain bred her and made her. We should deal with her.

Just pretending she’s not British just because we’ve had 20 years of a soft, wet, pinko justice and welfare system is bizarre.

Oh. You lost it again. Pity.

... Edited by buctootim

She is clearly the UK's problem and she should be brought back here if she has committed a crime she should be tried and if found guilty punished.

I mean if you are a UK citizen locked up abroad you have the right to apply to serve out your sentence in a UK prison

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/in-prison-abroad/in-prison-abroad-transfer-to-a-uk-prison

So I can't see how we can just choose to ignore her.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

The most troubling thing about this whole episode is how quickly politicians make snap judgments via Twitter nowadays. Complex issues demand time for careful consideration but our leaders are so concerned about their image and soshal meejar profiles that they blurt out their first instinct within a couple of hours of a story breaking.

Public discourse is so flacid nowadays.

Like cake, it's a fookin disgrace.

Good post. Britain bred her and made her. We should deal with her

I'd disagree with that. All of this has come from her taking a blatant disregard for what you might call 'British values' and a failure to integrate properly with British society.

Supposing a couple of British expats in Dubai had a child, who grows up to be a teenage junky, somehow avoiding the authorities along the way. Age 16 he moves to Brixton, starts dealing heroin and gets arrested. Would you say that was clearly an Arab problem, caused by an Arab who was created in the UAE?

I agree with Duck when he says, "telling people they’re not really British because their parents were born elsewhere, you’re really moving into Griffin territory," but that does come with the condition that you abide by British rules, namely not running away to join a fanatical, murderous, medieval Islamist Caliphate.

She is clearly the UK's problem and she should be brought back here if she has committed a crime she should be tried and if found guilty punished.

I mean if you are a UK citizen locked up abroad you have the right to apply to serve out your sentence in a UK prison

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/in-prison-abroad/in-prison-abroad-transfer-to-a-uk-prison

So I can't see how we can just choose to ignore her.

Exactly. She is a British subject. Her new born son is a British subject. We can't just pretend that she is someone else's problem. Of course she should be allowed back in the country. If she is guilty of any criminal offences then she should go through the system like any other British subject. Her son should have the opportunity to grow up in a decent and humane society and at least could have that chance now unlike her other two children. She comes across as very gullible and easily led. Perhaps having to come back and face the music will help her realise what a huge error of judgement she has made and through the process become a better mother to her son? Perhaps not. Either way it is something that we need to deal with here. At the very least her sorry tale might deter others who think that throwing their lot in with the Jihadis is a good idea. As for the poster who thinks that she should be hanged, as far as we know at the moment the only crime she has committed is to travel on a false passport. Perhaps put your pitchfork away until we find out if she has done anything more than marry and have children with a member of ISIS?

Exactly. She is a British subject. Her new born son is a British subject. We can't just pretend that she is someone else's problem. Of course she should be allowed back in the country. If she is guilty of any criminal offences then she should go through the system like any other British subject. Her son should have the opportunity to grow up in a decent and humane society and at least could have that chance now unlike her other two children. She comes across as very gullible and easily led. Perhaps having to come back and face the music will help her realise what a huge error of judgement she has made and through the process become a better mother to her son? Perhaps not. Either way it is something that we need to deal with here. At the very least her sorry tale might deter others who think that throwing their lot in with the Jihadis is a good idea. As for the poster who thinks that she should be hanged, as far as we know at the moment the only crime she has committed is to travel on a false passport. Perhaps put your pitchfork away until we find out if she has done anything more than marry and have children with a member of ISIS?

Will Maidstone take her?

Can’t prove any isis crimes beyond reasonable doubt.

I'd disagree with that. All of this has come from her taking a blatant disregard for what you might call 'British values' and a failure to integrate properly with British society.

Supposing a couple of British expats in Dubai had a child, who grows up to be a teenage junky, somehow avoiding the authorities along the way. Age 16 he moves to Brixton, starts dealing heroin and gets arrested. Would you say that was clearly an Arab problem, caused by an Arab who was created in the UAE?

I agree with Duck when he says, "telling people they’re not really British because their parents were born elsewhere, you’re really moving into Griffin territory," but that does come with the condition that you abide by British rules, namely not running away to join a fanatical, murderous, medieval Islamist Caliphate.

On the other hand we take back sex offenders convicted abroad like Garry Glitter who are probably more of a threat to the public than this girl who comes across as easily led simpleton.

If it's the fact she joined a terror organisation that bothers people we let a 428 convicted terrorists out of prison for the good Friday agreement and allowed them to continue leaving in the UK if they wanted.

Bring her back here put her on trail and put her in prison if she is found guilty.

On the other hand we take back sex offenders convicted abroad like Garry Glitter who are probably more of a threat to the public than this girl who comes across as easily led simpleton.

If it's the fact she joined a terror organisation that bothers people we let a 428 convicted terrorists out of prison for the good Friday agreement and allowed them to continue leaving in the UK if they wanted.

Bring her back here put her on trail and put her in prison if she is found guilty.

But if Gary Glitter had some other nationality or had the status to get one then I'd doubt if he'd be allowed back.

The rub lies there within.

Not been to Syria, but then who has, but I remember the Lebanon being a really nice place before all of the troubles started.

Syria will need to be rebuilt and I believe that many Syrians who fled are now returning home.

Exactly. Whereas if reports are to be believed, many are still fleeing Maidstone as it approaches a Saturday night.

Of course she has rejected 'British values' and is outside the mainstream, just as IRA terrorists did. That doesn't change the fact that you can't / shouldn't strip someone of their birth citizenship because they're a criminal or ideological loon. Acquired citizenship is different - a privilege which can and should be revoked if necessary.

Not been to Syria, but then who has, but I remember the Lebanon being a really nice place before all of the troubles started.

Syria will need to be rebuilt and I believe that many Syrians who fled are now returning home.

I haven't been back to Syria since before the Arab Spring but it's heartbreaking to think of all the loss of life and destruction of unrivalled architectural and archeological sites. The country had an extraordinary wealth of extremely well preserved (because largely not raided by western collectors) monuments and places, and ordinary people there were very proud of this. Assad and ISIS have thought nothing of destroying it, and of destroying them. ISIS deservedly gets most of the publicity for their large-scale vandalism at places like Palmyra, and itds campaigns of murder and torture, but Assad has been a far, far bigger wrecker then them.

Among the losses are the Aleppo souk, which dates back at least five centuries but is now almost completely destroyed. In southern Syria, in the middle of nowhere, there was an entire town that had been built out of repurposed Roman villas and other architecture. Now obliterated. And so on and so on.

None of this will ever be rebuilt. It can't be. Syrians will return, although I suspect any large-scale emptying of the refugee camps in Lebanon and Jordan won't happen until Assad is consigned to history's dustbin. And certainly not before the remnants of ISIS are cleared out of the country.

This for me is the reason Shamima Begum has to be brought to the UK. She was a vastly unwanted intruder into ordinary Syrians' lives. When she arrived in Raqqa she lived in a house that had been owned by Syrians and stolen from them. She was paid money stolen from the oil revenues and extorted from the businesses of Syrians. And she casually witnessed beheadings and other brutalities that were carried out almost entirely on Syrians. But there is no legal system that can try her there for her crimes. She's not even in a prison - she's in a refugee camp. But she can be tried under British law. She's our problem, not that of ordinary Syrians.

Oh god no. You can’t impose conditions on your Britishness, and the home sec deciding if you’ve adhered to those conditions. No ****ing thank you. Give it 20 years and they’ll be taking your British citizenship away for opposing gay marriage and other thought crimes. She’s British, just as Ian Huntley, Rose West and Jon Venables are British.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh god no. You can’t impose conditions on your Britishness, and the home sec deciding if you’ve adhered to those conditions. No ****ing thank you. Give it 20 years and they’ll be taking your British citizenship away for opposing gay marriage and other thought crimes. She’s British, just as Ian Huntley, Rose West and Jon Venables are British.

Exactly - too many getting emotional about what needs to remain a fair legal system.

All well and good but if we just open the door and let all the Jihadis back, and a few months down the line pop concerts and tube trains are getting blown up, people will rightly ask why didn’t our government do all they can to keep them out.

All well and good but if we just open the door and let all the Jihadis back, and a few months down the line pop concerts and tube trains are getting blown up, people will rightly ask why didn’t our government do all they can to keep them out.

You can’t just ban British citizens from returning to their own country.

IF this dopey women comes home and then is free to commit atrocities, it won’t be letting her in that’ll be the cause, it’ll be 30 years of our soft arsed leftie justice system.

She is hardly some unknown IS sleeper agent is she? I'm pretty sure the security services would keep tabs on her. Not to mention she should most likely be coming back to a jail cell.

You can’t just ban British citizens from returning to their own country.

IF this dopey women comes home and then is free to commit atrocities, it won’t be letting her in that’ll be the cause, it’ll be 30 years of our soft arsed leftie justice system.

We’ve revoked citizenship before and we’ll do it again, so yes we can ban people from coming back.

I agree that in principle it’s probably not the correct thing to do but given the threat these jihadis pose and the state of our police, I’d prefer to have her in a tent in Syria than on the streets over here.

We’ve revoked citizenship before and we’ll do it again, so yes we can ban people from coming back.

We have only done it when they have duel citizenship. You can not make someone stateless. They couldn’t stop me coming home, or strip me of my citizenship because I’m British, my parents were British and their parents were British. If you think it’s ok to strip her of her citizenship based on the fact her parents are Bangladeshi then there’s a word for people like you. Mind you, Nick Griffin would agree with you.

She is hardly some unknown IS sleeper agent is she? I'm pretty sure the security services would keep tabs on her. Not to mention she should most likely be coming back to a jail cell.

The security services are already overstretched, don’t see the point in adding to their problems when we can just leave her to rot in Syria. This is someone who clearly still supports the ISIS cause, obviously has terrorist contacts and has been exposed to a war zone for years.

We have only done it when they have duel citizenship. You can not make someone stateless. They couldn’t stop me coming home, or strip me of my citizenship because I’m British, my parents were British and their parents were British. If you think it’s ok to strip her of her citizenship based on the fact her parents are Bangladeshi then there’s a word for people like you. Mind you, Nick Griffin would agree with you.

I believe people think it is ok as she is part of a murderous death cult. Not because her family were born in another country