Terrorist Attacks - WARNING: CONTAINS DISTRESSING IMAGES

sadoldgit

That does seem to be the case. The impression is that among certain sections of South Asian society it appears to be more culturally acceptable to abuse poor white girls because they have lesser value. There appears to be a cultural dimension to the abuse that should be subject to greater scrutiny. Lets hope that investigation takes place.

But no investigation into why 85% of the sexual offenders who happen to be white do it? How much do you know about the girls who were groomed by the gangs here? It would appear that in one case they were constantly hanging around a fast food shop. Maybe familiarity and availability had more to do with it other than they were “poor white girls” of “lesser value.” You might be too young to remember the first floods of British tourists to Spain but the Spanish guys loved it. Shed loads of drunk British girls ripe for picking. Predators go for the easiest pray.

From a Newcastle grooming gang court case, the judge concluded that the gang selected their victims “not because of their race, but because they young, impressionable, naive and vulnerable.” Their victims included girls with learning difficulties and mental health issues.

The most recent Census in 2011 highlights that in England and Wales, 80 per cent of the population were white British. Asian (Pakistani, Indian, Bangladeshi, other) ‘groups’ made up 6.8 per cent of the population; black groups 3.4 per cent; Chinese groups 0.7 cent,Arab groups 0.4 per cent and other groups 0.6 per cent.

The initial thread digressions have opened up a lively debate !

The sentences handed down to some of the scum involved may seem Ok in some cases, but when you consider they will only serve half the sentence it's a slap on the wrist in most cases. We're talking about systematic abduction, rape and sexual assault on under age girls. They will be out at most in under 12 years, still relatively young men, some involved will be out in 2 years. The poor girls lives have been ruined beyond repair.

It's a joke, why not give them a pedo w**k mag along with the Quran for their bedtime reading. Many will emerge from jail and re-offend for sure, as an "under resourced" probation service loses track of them but they did say they were sorry and wouldn't do it again.

Is it a "Muslim problem", b***ocks, these people are paedophiles and always will be.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/14/world/middleeast/isis-enshrines-a-theology-of-rape.html

Is the Quran not a religious book, or have you just not read it?

Precisely. For some there is quite obviously a religious component to this. Why would we turn a blind eye to that if recognising that fact could help to prevent this. That article makes me feel sick by the way, it's upsetting and horrendous.

I haven’t read in any religious books that it says that rape and sexual assault is ok. Let’s not confuse misogyny for religious doctrine. Rape is rape. It doesn’t suddenly become a worse crime because someone sticks a religious label on it, unless it is someone with an agenda. The Christian clergy would still be kiddy fiddlers even if they weren’t members of the clergy. The Asian members of rape gangs aren’t grooming and raping girls because they are Muslims. They are doing it because they are sexual predators. It seems odd that the overwhelming majority of Muslims do not commit rape if their religion is telling them that is what they must do. Islam doesn’t have the monopoly on sexual predators, nor does it have the monopoly on misogyny. Those pretending that somehow it is worse clearly have an anti Muslim agenda.

I question anyone who uses term kiddy fiddler- it’s as if they think it is a comical misdemeanour that they can sympathise with.

Cole Bunzel, a scholar of Islamic theology at Princeton University, disagrees, pointing to the numerous references to the phrase “Those your right hand possesses” in the Quran, which for centuries has been interpreted to mean female slaves. He also points to the corpus of Islamic jurisprudence, which continues into the modern era and which he says includes detailed rules for the treatment of slaves.

“There is a great deal of scripture that sanctions slavery,” said Mr. Bunzel, the author of a research paper published by the Brookings Institution on the ideology of the Islamic State. “You can argue that it is no longer relevant and has fallen into abeyance. ISIS would argue that these institutions need to be revived, because that is what the Prophet and his companions did.”

That seems pretty conclusive to me.

Like you say, the cases are different and we aren't taking about imams so that's just speculation.

You aren’t talking about priests either - that’s my point.

Sex crimes relating to religion only seem to important enough to rant about if it’s Muslim related - clear agenda.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/14/world/middleeast/isis-enshrines-a-theology-of-rape.html

Is the Quran not a religious book, or have you just not read it?

Then there's the bible - that's a religious book isn't it?

http://theconversation.com/how-the-bible-shapes-contemporary-attitudes-to-rape-and-sexual-assault-76900

That seems pretty conclusive to me.

You and Wes deserve special distinction for seeing only what you want to see. Slavery was common throughout antiquity in many societies including Europe and is referenced in the Bible many times. How the **** you manage to determine references in the Quran are somehow evidence of Islamic brutality is bizarre.

You aren’t talking about priests either - that’s my point.

Sex crimes relating to religion only seem to important enough to rant about if it’s Muslim related - clear agenda.

Can you really not see a distinction between a priest or a number of priests using their positions of authority to abuse boys (absolutely wrong and should/is being investigated) and the normalisation of rape of mostly white women from within some South Asian communities to the extent that siblings were letting each other know so they can both be involved? Additionally, Reports that I can see suggest there have been about 500 allegations of sexual abuse from the clergy since the turn of the century, over the same period sexual abuse just from Rotherham grooming gangs alone amount to 1400 cases and that's before you mention Bristol, Rochdale, Oxford, Aylesbury, Peterborough, Newcastle and Manchester. I've been clear, all sexual abuse needs investigating and perpetrators prosecuted, however in these specific cases there is more going on and it needs a proper investigation as promised by Sajid Javid.

You and Wes deserve special distinction for seeing only what you want to see. Slavery was common throughout antiquity in many societies including Europe and is referenced in the Bible many times. How the **** you manage to determine references in the Quran are somehow evidence of Islamic brutality is bizarre.

And again, if there were widespread examples of slavery in the UK in 2020 and numbers of seemingly ordinary people were doing it and using Bible passages for justification then I'd be at the front of the queue to push for justice for the victims and to demand an investigation into their motivations. If a ton of people were currently following a literal interpretation of the bible like the Westboro Baptist Church and were abusing gay people in the streets then I'd be calling that out too.

Edited by hypochondriac

If the majority of a country is white, then it is natural to see the majority of any crime being committed by white people. The concern is when communities are disproportionately involved in any particiular crime. If Hasidic Jews were wildly disproportionately involved in burglaries I'd want to investigate it to understand why this is the case. How is this any different? The disproportionate number raises questions about attitudes within that community. People just don't like the statistics.

One of the main defendants in the Rotherham case argued as his defence at trial that it was his religious right to have sex with these girls. It's simply a nonsense to suggest that religion is not a factor.

I haven’t read in any religious books that it says that rape and sexual assault is ok.

The God of the Bible orders his chosen tribe to conquer other tribes and keep their woman against their will, marry them and rape them.

Lots of God condoning rape in the Bible, for example...

"When you go to war against your enemies and the Lord your God delivers them into your hands and you take captives, if you notice among the captives a beautiful woman and are attracted to her, you may take her as your wife... You must not sell her or treat her as a slave, since you have dishonored her."

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy+21&version=NIV

An ex monk has just been jailed for sexually assaulting 3 boys under the age of 13. After the first occasion he admitted his offence to his elders. Instead of reporting him to the police they just sent him to another parish and he consequently reoffended. Anyone outraged?

An ex monk has just been jailed for sexually assaulting 3 boys under the age of 13. After the first occasion he admitted his offence to his elders. Instead of reporting him to the police they just sent him to another parish and he consequently reoffended. Anyone outraged?

Yes, everyone. It's dispicable behaviour from the monk and the elders.

A Muslim monk?

Thank goodness. I was worried there would be abother Muslim story up next but we've managed to get an evil Christian one in instead. Phew.

Shouldn't you be digging out some quote from the bible or is this one not religion related?

Ive got one. In the Old Testament Moses commanded that his army should commit genocide against the Midianites except for the virgin girls who they should take as sex slaves.

Sounds a bit like IS to me

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midian_war

Ive got one. In the Old Testament Moses commanded that his army should commit genocide against the Midianites except for the virgin girls who they should take as sex slaves.

Sounds a bit like IS to me

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midian_war

It's really weird that you think anyobe has been trying to defend anything in the Bible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
12 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Doesnt say, but i would imagine if he was white the media would be going nuts about it in the current climate

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/18524282.teenager-eastleigh-charged-plotting-terror-attack/

Just checked and you're correct: 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/17/fourteen-year-old-boy-charged-with-plotting-terror-attack