International Friendlies

OVER THE HILL

Cape Verdi 2 Kenya 0. Vic ain't going to the World Cup.

Not the best preparation

https://citizentv.co.ke/sports/panic-as-harambee-stars-trip-to-cape-verde-is-delayed-by-over-8-hours-106372/

"The country’s football fraternity was thrown into panic on Monday after national team Harambee Stars delayed to take off for Cape Verde by over 8 hours. The team was first unwilling to depart for their return fixture against Cape Verde over unpaid allowances, with some of the international players claiming a refund of the air tickets they purchased to honour the first leg encounter in Nairobi. After the issue was resolved, the players travelled to Wilson Airport ready to depart for Cape Verde but the trip was delayed after the owner of the airplane demanded payment before the trip.

The turn of events left the team stranded at the airport, with many concerned over whether they will get to Cape Verde and rest ahead of the kickoff slated for 4pm. The incident had infuriated Kenyans with most football fans calling for the arrest of FKF President Sam Nyamweya over the disorganisation.

Through the hashtag #ArrestNyamweya, Kenyans expressed their displeasure with the FKF boss and his management team for failing to settle the players’ arrears. The Kenyan team finally managed to travel, minutes past 7:30pm, following intervention by the government. Reports indicate that Sports Cabinet Secretary Hassan Wario arrived at the airport and facilitated travel arrangements for the team saying he had learned of the situation through the media and social media."

Edited by buctootim

We've played alright, but not sure what can be read into a 2-0 lead over France right now in all honesty.

Agree. They can't have had the best preparation the last few days.

England for once do look a lot more balanced. I'd rather Dier and Alli than Milner and Henderson any day.

Breaking news....Man U in shock £40 million swoop for Alli...; )

Will be fun to see more Man Utd biased papers releasing news about them being linked to Harry Kane in the next few weeks.

Can't help but think that Morgan looks miles off the pace; but as had been said previously, this really isn't the game to judge anyone. Already getting bored of Alli as the new England messiah!

I know he played down the road but Diarra still looks like he could do a job if anyone needs an experienced head.

Ryan on for Kane, shame they haven't put him up front for a bit of a laugh.

I watched a bit of the match on French TV.

When Lallana came on, they introduced him as having come up from the 3rd Division at Southampton with Schneiderlin. Very educational for the French.

I imagine the ITV commentary at the same point went "Lallana .. Liverpool ..Klop.. Rooney .. big club big club ..."

When Lallana came on, they introduced him as having come up from the 3rd Division at Southampton with Schneiderlin. Very educational for the French.

I imagine the ITV commentary at the same point went "Lallana .. Liverpool ..Klop.. Rooney .. big club big club ..."

Getting annoyed about the things the media say in your own head marks a pretty spectacular new low for this forum.

Sorry to have caused such offence, but I thought others who don't live in France might be interested to know that the clubs profile is rising over here.

As to the rest of my post. maybe Clive Tyldesly has cleaned up his act, but I doubt it. It doesn't make me angry, just makes me not watch ITV Sports.

But it still smacks of self-absorption - the reference point is ultimately Schneiderlin, not Southampton. Now imagine if Schneiderlin had joined Liverpool, do you think the narrative would have been anything other than Lallana "Schneiderlin's current team-mate at Liverpool"? The French media couldn't give a toss about Southampton.

does anyone else think that it is going a tad OTT with wrapping this whole thing around football at the mo? (france etc)

Nope. It's clearly a massive story about the terrorists shifting their focus to events, which is likely to have an impact on how people live their everyday lives, so it's getting a lot of coverage.