Marian Pahars Interview

doggface

• 3 years later...

It might be nostalgia, it might be blindness in my love of him as a player, but i'd take Marian as a manager for Saints right now. You know that he'd absolutely give his all, and you also know that he'd give the fanbase a positive jump straight away.

Mind you it'd probably work better in the Championship, as he wouldn't come in with the pressure of keeping us up.

It might be nostalgia, it might be blindness in my love of him as a player, but i'd take Marian as a manager for Saints right now. You know that he'd absolutely give his all, and you also know that he'd give the fanbase a positive jump straight away.

Mind you it'd probably work better in the Championship, as he wouldn't come in with the pressure of keeping us up.

Yep him Doddsy and benali as assistant give us all a lift and kick the players up the ass

Tend to agree, but for me he’d need someone who’s been there and done it along side him, probably would have to be one of his old managers.... Marian / Dave Jones or Gordon Strachan dream team?

Yet another thing to thank George Burley for. He really was probably the worst manager we ever had (I thought it was great when he was appointed), except possibly Branfoot of course.

Can't see him ever getting the manager's gig, but maybe more like a DoF might be a good fit. Trouble is of course he might not get a visa after Brexit (bit like before he joined when Latvia weren't in the EU). Of course our "Board" wouldn't have the sense to go down such a route, Marian who?

In forty years of supporting Saints, it's only happened a couple of times (Le Tiss last goal at the Dell vs Arsenal, the final whistle at the semi final of FA cup against Watford), but I'll be dammed if that same fly didn't end up in my eye, when Mr Pahars did the lap of honour around St Mary's on the last game of the season, saying goodbye and knowing that he would never play for us again.