New right back please

Batman

anyone think we need one?

cedric is decent but gets dropped at times when not injured and now we have Yoshida playing half the games in that position and is a complete liability. which is not new news

Who CDAJFU and give Cedric real competition??

cedric is decent but gets dropped at times when not injured and now we have Yoshida playing half the games in that position and is a complete liability. which is not new news

For some reason Koeman rates Yoshida but in my opinion he is absolute gash! He is like Paul Telfer when Strachan was manager.

Yoshida is an average centre back but not a right back and costs us a good goal scoring chance every time he plays there. I can't see too much wrong with what Brett had posted here. If Koeman doesn't trust Cedric against the top teams then we do need one. Cedric must be injured as once again the player he labeled the better defensive right back has cost us a goal.

Yoshida is an average centre back but not a right back and costs us a good goal scoring chance every time he plays there. I can't see too much wrong with what Brett had posted here. If Koeman doesn't trust Cedric against the top teams then we do need one. Cedric must be injured as once again the player he labeled the better defensive right back has cost us a goal.

Agree. We are able to get away with just Clyne last year because he was:

1. a very good player

2. able to play against everyone and

3. very fit and rarely injured

Cedric seems to be 1 at times but neither of the others at this stage.

Agreed. I see this place hasn't changed where the usual delicate flowers get all riled up about any perceived criticism of the club/side.

Yoshida shouldn't be anywhere near the right back spot. When he's keeping Cedric out there's clearly something wrong.

Brett has come in for some unwarranted abuse this time.

Agreed. I see this place hasn't changed where the usual delicate flowers get all riled up about any perceived criticism of the club/side.

Yoshida shouldn't be anywhere near the right back spot. When he's keeping Cedric out there's clearly something wrong.

PMSL Are you his mum...

The strange thing is that on the match thread adrainsfc, a renowned delicate flower, says how Yoshida is a poor right back and costs us goals there. Yet when someone suggests we need to strengthen that position he gets all abusive and the person who says it is "a penis". How very odd.

The strange thing is that on the match thread adrainsfc, a renowned delicate flower, says how Yoshida is a poor right back and costs us goals there. Yet when someone suggests we need to strengthen that position he gets all abusive and the person who says it is "a penis". How very odd.

Very odd behaviour as usual. That Always chap is also at his usual trick of failing to comment on anything football related and instead taking poorly-constructed potshots at anyone who dares to interrupt his own little picture of Saints and the forum. Weirdo.

It's no surprise that none of the good posters post on here any more, and you can see why!!

Very odd behaviour as usual. That Always chap is also at his usual trick of failing to comment on anything football related and instead taking poorly-constructed potshots at anyone who dares to interrupt his own little picture of Saints and the forum. Weirdo.

It's no surprise that none of the good posters post on here any more, and you can see why!!

Oooohh , so hurtful....and sadly made up...boo hoo

Yep. When this forum's reduced to people like you defending Batman then you know it's truly reached new depths.

Maybe if he'd waited to start his 'look at me' thread until after the game (instead of 16 minutes in) then people might have more sympathy with the point he was making. More kneejerk **** from the same old posters.

Yep. When this forum's reduced to people like you defending Batman then you know it's truly reached new depths.

Maybe if he'd waited to start his 'look at me' thread until after the game (instead of 16 minutes in) then people might have more sympathy with the point he was making. More kneejerk **** from the same old posters.

Point still valid though

what is knee-jerk in suggesting we need another competent RB?

do you think we need one or.....do you believe Martina and yoshida are good enough for prem league?

Edited by Batman

do you think we need one or.....do you believe Martina and yoshida are good enough for prem league?

Regardless of how valid the point, let's not pretend it isn't knee-jerk, eh? (in the context of the game)

Edited by Donatello

We bought Martina as back up. Cedric getting elbowed last week (again) doesn't help, but not all our signings will work out perfectly.

Who else could we have bought then OR now?

Yoshida makes mistakes. His first cost us today.

What do you expect?

Clyne made mistakes, everyone does.

Hate losing, but you get used to it as a Saints fan.

Chill out................

We bought Martina as back up. Cedric getting elbowed last week (again) doesn't help, but not all our signings will work out perfectly.

Who else could we have bought then OR now?

Yoshida makes mistakes. His first cost us today.

What do you expect?

Clyne made mistakes, everyone does.

Hate losing, but you get used to it as a Saints fan.

Chill out................

does that mean you think we do not need a new RB in Jan...or even in the summer?

does that mean you think we do not need a new RB in Jan...or even in the summer?

It doesn't matter what he thinks mate, just go around calling everyone a complete penis that doesn't agree with you. That's how it works. The funny thing is all three if the ones dishing out the abuse then defending their behaviour have moaned about others doing the same to them or how this forum is going downhill. The first person to dish out abuse on this thread actually posted on another one that Yoshida is a liability and always makes mistakes when he plays right back, so he might well have agreed with your point. Clearly it doesn't matter what people say on here, it's who says it and you're free to abuse people who comment if you don't like them, however valid their point might be.

As for knee jerk reactions, how many goals does Yoshida need to cost us before saying he should never play right back again isn't a knee jerk reaction?

Our full back cover is poor, a tyro, inexperienced possible one for the future on the left and a cheap Dutch league player that probably won't get a game unless we draw a non league team in the cup. Targett was a weakness until Bertrand returned and Yoshida is not a competent full back. If Soares can't play nearly every game then a competent full back should be brought in. As a matter of interest how is Stephen's loan, decorating Middlesborough's bench going?

Is funny how many fans get offended when other fans have an opinion that makes it look like something the club has done hasn't worked out superbly.

Probably even some that would just say Martina hasn't been given a chance!

It's not just that they get so offended about a negative opinion. AdrianSFC in particular has always been a wet blanket shouting loudly about others ruining the forum by trolling or posting abuse. And here he is, with something he actually agrees with DellDays about, calling him a penis for saying it. Hypocritical little toad. But then that particular poster has always been an odious little weasle.

Plenty of people going out of their way to defend dishing out insults for a perfectly valid point of view. I disagree with about as many things as I agree on with DellDays but he's spot on with his OP. The right back slot needs to be addressed, Yoshida IS a liability and will continue costing us points. He simply isn't a full back and never has been.

The typical little insular clique can spit their dummies out all they like, but their dislike for Brett from Camden has clouded their judgement here.

If Cedric's not good enough then yes, I certainly agree with you.

It's not just that they get so offended about a negative opinion. AdrianSFC in particular has always been a wet blanket shouting loudly about others ruining the forum by trolling or posting abuse. And here he is, with something he actually agrees with DellDays about, calling him a penis for saying it. Hypocritical little toad. But then that particular poster has always been an odious little weasle.

Plenty of people going out of their way to defend dishing out insults for a perfectly valid point of view. I disagree with about as many things as I agree on with DellDays but he's spot on with his OP. The right back slot needs to be addressed, Yoshida IS a liability and will continue costing us points. He simply isn't a full back and never has been.

The typical little insular clique can spit their dummies out all they like, but their dislike for Brett from Camden has clouded their judgement here.

Whether he's right or not is somewhat irrelevant. Abusive messages are nonsense regardless. But then you're plenty guilty of it yourself, so I wouldn't expect you to agree.

P.S It's similarly laughable (in a light hearted sort of way) watching Turkish bang on about playing the post and not the poster when he spends a sizeable chunk of his posts following MLG around like a seagul after chips, but whatever :p

Having said that, I guess if someone's being a hypocrite, it's fair enough to call them out on it.

Edited by Donatello

Yes there are not many of us left.

For some reason Koeman rates Yoshida but in my opinion he is absolute gash! He is like Paul Telfer when Strachan was manager.

Yoshida is a poor right back but lets be fair to him it is not his chosen position. Koeman seems to like him there for his height but he is poor against pacey wingers and his close control seems to let him down but at least he is prepared to fill in, in a position that is not his favourite or best. The Mystery is why did we buy Martina?

What I don't get is what Koeman's problem with Cedric is? I think Cedric is a great little right back I enjoy watching his overlaps, he is a very capable tackler and does a decent Terry Butcher impression every week. I have no problem with him playing week in and week out at right back. If Cedric is playing regularly then I could handle Yoshida as back up occasionally but this constant dropping of Cedric to play Yoshida baffles me. Generally I think Ronald is a very good manager but this is one area where I just don't get what he is trying to achieve. If Koeman really doesn't rate Cedric (though god knows why) then yeah we need a new right back.

For once I don't understand Batman's abuse, Yoshida as our back up RB is embarrassing, we need another, either back up or first choice.

That has to be one of the most used words on this forum these days. I'm surprised saints fans ever leave their houses the amount of embarrassment they feel on so many subjects regarding the club.

The OP has a point. When I was thinking of where we should strengthen/replace in the January transfer window, I immediately thought of a right back to either challenge Cedric or perhaps be an able replacement if he's injured.

Can only think RK wants the more defensive minded Maya when we are up against it, but as others have said on here, he just really struggles at right back. Happy to have him as back up for the centre of defence, but not as full back.

I think Cedric is a good player so i've no idea why Yoshida keeps getting game time at RB. It's starting to **** me off and every single pl manager knows to target him, so why play him there?

If Koeman thinks that Cedric and Martina are worse than Yoshi at RB then we need a new one asap!

Does anyone apart from the manager agree that Yoshida should ever play RB?

I actually like him as a back up CB but hung out to dry at RB and feel for him. So obviously lacking confidence and sad to see it happen and everyone subsequently being angry,. Me included..

yes or no?

yes or no?

I think it's pretty simple if Cedric is our first choice (and he is a cracking player so I can't understand why he wouldn't be) and plays all the time then we don't need to sign a new RB. If the manager doesn't feel Cedric is good enough and doesn't want to play Cedric then we need a new RB asap Yoshida (or Martina) would be ok as a once in a blue moon thing but not an every few games thing.

The big question for me is what is the problem Koeman has with Cedric?

I agree with Batman here. A new RB is a must if Koeman doesn't have faith in Cedric.

It can't be great for a young player adapting to the Prem, confidence wise, being dropped for these big games in favour of a dodgy CB filling in your position. Completely different story if it was another competent RB.

If this is Koemans plan then yes we need a new RB, but I'd rather just throw Cedric into these games. What was his reasoning yesterday? I would have seen it more appropriate to drop him perhaps against a team like Stoke who are physically big, compared to City when Cedric has a bit of pace.

Very strange situation.

Yoshida is an average centre back but not a right back and costs us a good goal scoring chance every time he plays there.

I can't see too much wrong with what Brett had posted here. If Koeman doesn't trust Cedric against the top teams then we do need one.

Cedric must be injured as once again the player he labeled the better defensive right back has cost us a goal.

I agree with your (and others) comments about Yoshida's unsuitability as RB....he has had some of his better games at CB (not much chance now with VvD here.)

-but I don't think that Koeman lacks faith in Cedric. Yes he's new to the Prem. I think he's improving fast, but last weekend he took another whack in the head and once again spilt blood for the cause. There's reason for concern that it was the same eye as before that took the elbow, and maybe hasn't healed properly yet.

If he endures such an injury again....his eyebrows may become as bad as Henry Cooper's.

Looking at alternatives...Yoshida is the most experienced defender we have, (but it was a chance given prev. comment about Yoshida at RB). I wouldn't have played Martina in this particular game, and the inclusion of Romeu suggested RK planned for a defensive set-up from the start. IMHO - We have no other alternatives just now.

Caulker came on for Fonte and DAJFU -but he's certainly no full back, and only Jason McCarthy might had a look-in (had he already not been out on loan at Wycombe).

I think Koeman picked a good side ... on paper...the problem was on the pitch.

I think it's pretty simple if Cedric is our first choice (and he is a cracking player so I can't understand why he wouldn't be) and plays all the time then we don't need to sign a new RB. If the manager doesn't feel Cedric is good enough and doesn't want to play Cedric then we need a new RB asap Yoshida (or Martina) would be ok as a once in a blue moon thing but not an every few games thing.

The big question for me is what is the problem Koeman has with Cedric?

I agree.

but in 3 of our last 5 games, Cedric has not played.

Which is just baffling I know Cedric had one or two dodgy games at the beginning of the season but since then I think he has been excellent certainly no worse than Bertrand.

Really? Cedric was awful last week, notwithstanding the shaky protection in from of him. I suspected he would get dropped. The reality is neither Cedric nor Yoshida is good enough for RB at the moment. No worse than Bertrand? That's not quite as bad as saying Clyne's not being missed -a common refrain on here- but it's still nonsense.

Edited by shurlock