Yoshida

9-3

No doubt Yoshida has been a loyal servant to us over the years, but I am not his biggest fan. He went from being fourth choice under Koeman (Fonte, Toby, Gardos before injury) to first choice and that is where it all went wrong defensively.

Great guy and clearly loves Saints, but his lack of concentration over the years has led to many goals over the years and we should give him a nice send off and concentrate on getting a replacement in the Summer.

I would 100% give Long a new contract though. He is the fastest he has ever been, wins more aerial duels than anyone this season and I would imagine he is a nightmare to play against. I know he doesn't score the goals he should, but he contributes in many other ways.

He has been a good option for us over a long time and seems like a great guy.

Unfortunately though, he was utterly spineless in the Leicester game and has rightly been ditched since then. Alongside Austin away at Fulham it was one of the laziest performances I have ever seen from a senior player at Saints and quite rightly he has been ditched since then.

Sad way to end a memorable Saints career for him.

He has been my favourite player over the last few years. A connection with when we first came up, an important part of our best team in recent memory and a scorer of oddly excellent goals in unexpected fixtures. A tireless professional and above all from what I can tell a genuinely good person. (His biography has an odd title, but reads well.)

Good luck to him should this be a parting of the ways.

I've never rated him. He was woeful when we first got him. Didn't win a contested header for about the first two seasons. A CB that doesn't win headers causes you so many problems. He was also too nice. Basically a chocolate fireguard of a defender. He eventually got more physical and with that became a CB we could pick and he played well in quite a few games. He surprised me.

He has always looked very comfortable on the ball, with the odd horrific rick undermining that. I felt for him when we played him at right back. He got murdered.

Despite his improvement, I still think he was limited, and as soon as he became first choice you knew the quality had been removed from the side.

He seems a very nice guy, so I wish him all the best, but I don't give players of average ability much credit for their loyalty. I doubt he has turned down moves to bigger (wages) clubs than us over the years. Maybe I'm being harsh, but our gradual decline follows his gradual increase in selection. I want to see a better player than him here ASAP. Doesn't mean we will though.

I would 100% give Long a new contract though. He is the fastest he has ever been, wins more aerial duels than anyone this season and I would imagine he is a nightmare to play against. I know he doesn't score the goals he should, but he contributes in many other ways.

Absolutely. I've gone from being dismayed when he was in the starting line up to expecting him to start alongside Ings every game. Even as a non-goalscorer he's doing a sterling job.

I've never rated him. He was woeful when we first got him. Didn't win a contested header for about the first two seasons. A CB that doesn't win headers causes you so many problems. He was also too nice. Basically a chocolate fireguard of a defender. He eventually got more physical and with that became a CB we could pick and he played well in quite a few games. He surprised me.

He has always looked very comfortable on the ball, with the odd horrific rick undermining that. I felt for him when we played him at right back. He got murdered.

Despite his improvement, I still think he was limited, and as soon as he became first choice you knew the quality had been removed from the side.

He seems a very nice guy, so I wish him all the best, but I don't give players of average ability much credit for their loyalty. I doubt he has turned down moves to bigger (wages) clubs than us over the years. Maybe I'm being harsh, but our gradual decline follows his gradual increase in selection. I want to see a better player than him here ASAP. Doesn't mean we will though.

Spot on. Was always a back up squad player who put plenty of effort in but always likely to make a mistake or lose his man etc. Would get out out jumped and out muscled by most premier league forwards.

I wish him all the best and thank him for his contribution, but if we're to challenge for Europe, rather than be in relegation scraps, we need better players. I think we should try to use Danso and see if he's capable of playing in this league. I thought he was brought in as a CB, so we need to know whether he can play there against decent opposition, or get someone else. I assume with all the rumours we are looking for someone else already.