Replacement for Koeman

ToreSF

I would want someone to take us to the next level.

IMHO Howe and Monk is a step down.

This is our level. There isn't a next level (up) with the way we are set-up and operate. Only new ownership would address that or a significant change in strategy for our current owners.

When the day comes, I think Frank de Boer may be an option if he is still at Ajax.

Koeman-De-Boer.jpg

- Ajax and Barcelona connections and philosophy like Koeman gives a degree of continuity of ideas

- De Boer has been stating openly and repeatedly for a while he wants to come to the Premier League, Saints have a higher wage budget and more scope in the transfer market than Ajax. Like Saints did vs Feyenoord for Koeman. Even more so when the new TV deal starts next summer.

- He is a relatively high profile name in European football which would help attract players

- Experienced in European competitions and a track record of winning domestic competitions

- Saints have good relations with Ajax at academy level and also we've played two friendlies vs Ajax in the last two international breaks

When the day comes, I think Frank de Boer may be an option if he is still at Ajax.

Koeman-De-Boer.jpg

- Ajax and Barcelona connections and philosophy like Koeman gives a degree of continuity of ideas

- De Boer has been stating openly and repeatedly for a while he wants to come to the Premier League, Saints have a higher wage budget and more scope in the transfer market than Ajax. Like Saints did vs Feyenoord for Koeman. Even more so when the new TV deal starts next summer.

- He is a relatively high profile name in European football which would help attract players

- Experienced in European competitions and a track record of winning domestic competitions

- Saints have good relations with Ajax at academy level and also we've played two friendlies vs Ajax in the last two international breaks

You know what, I wasn't sure until I noticed you posted a picture of them together. I've just put a grand on De Boer as next manager.

Koeman-De-Boer.jpg

Beat me it to it think De Boer would be an excellent replacement for the Koeman brothers.

So do I but it's Phil that's at Valencia.

Finger on the pulse of today's news there OTH! Gary is in charge there now.

As for future managers, I loved it when we got Koeman as he's a name in the game, but I'd also be happy with an up and coming manager. Rowett at Brum or someone like that.

I think the whole point is, we aren't really interested in going to the next level..........

Well I think we are, Ralphy and Reed keep on mentioning it but it has to be done in a way that doesn't cost too much money and even that not too much has to be financed by the sales of our best players . Sounds like a Joseph Heller scenario really.

Beat me it to it think De Boer would be an excellent replacement for the Koeman brothers.

If only De Boer also had a famous footballing brother...

I think Howe is the best prospect amongst up-and-coming English-based managers. There are a few others to watch, like Rowett, or even Hasselbaink (just seen he may be in talks with QPR), but can't see that we would risk that sort of appointment. Even though I'd be happy with Howe (not Monk so much, what has he actually shown at Swansea?), I do wonder whether we will again look to someone with a bit of clout on the European stage.

He'll go sooner rather than later.

It wont be barcelona mind.

Maybe a Milan club or something that level

You really think he'll get a club as big as that. Dutch national side or mid table Spanish, perhaps he's eyeing up Valencia although I think he got sacked from there before and left some bad impressions.. He ain't that good a manager on the global scale and he isn't a young up and comer any more.. Cocu is the next dutch big thing.

You really think he'll get a club as big as that. Dutch national side or mid table Spanish, perhaps he's eyeing up Valencia although I think he got sacked from there before and left some bad impressions.. He ain't that good a manager on the global scale and he isn't a young up and comer any more.. Cocu is the next dutch big thing.

Been there, wasn't good, won't be back...