Replacement for Koeman

ToreSF

Would have said Howe or Monk, maybe Michael Laudrup?

Past it. Plus the end of his time at Swansea with the squad fracture due to his bias towards Spanish players (many of which he previously coached) shows that he is too much of a coach and not a great manager.

Before then he just inherited Brendan's work.

I would want someone to take us to the next level.

IMHO Howe and Monk is a step down.

Worth remembering that, with the possible exception of Koeman, our last three managers have taken us to another level without appearing to be a 'step up' at the time they were appointed.

At this very early stage, more than a year before Koeman is likely to leave, all I want is someone who believes in academy players and can successfully blood them.

Edited by DuncanRG

Worth remembering that, with the possible exception of Koeman, our last three managers have taken us to another level without appearing to be a 'step up' at the time they were appointed.

At this very early stage, more than a year before Koeman is likely to leave, all I want is someone who believes in academy players and can successfully blood them.

Totally agree.

Not this rubbish again. Which academy playerd did MP blood?

Not this rubbish again. Which academy playerd did MP blood?

Didn't he blood Chambers? If I'm being honest I think if MP had still been here we would have seen a lot more of Reed and probably Gallagher as well. Not saying that's necessarily a good thing as they may not be good enough but I don't think Koeman is as committed as MP to giving young players opportunities

Didn't he blood Chambers? If I'm being honest I think if MP had still been here we would have seen a lot more of Reed and probably Gallagher as well. Not saying that's necessarily a good thing as they may not be good enough but I don't think Koeman is as committed as MP to giving young players opportunities
Yep, one player, that's it. Hardly a convincing list is it.

Which academy players did he blood?

We all know Chambers is the shining example, but he also gave Gallagher his debut and many other opportunities, brought Reed into the fold with the first team and gave debuts to McQueen, Rowe and Sinclair. He played Ward-Prowse in practically every league game (sometimes from the bench) and, of course, helped develop Shaw as well.

Edited by DuncanRG

I would want someone to take us to the next level.

IMHO Howe and Monk is a step down.

I want someone who picks a side every fan wants, subs players when the fans want, explains every decision to the fans, signs all the players the fans want,

gets all the players the fans want to keep to re sign on long deals, gets rid of those players who the fans say are s hite, wins the fa cup, the carling cup, the premier league,the champions league,...and hates pompey

Have i missed anything...?

;)

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

Probably someone we've never heard of, and I don't mind that. Just someone young and energetic who sees his job on the training pitch and not in the boardroom, and will get us playing with some tempo. The football under Koeman and MP at times has been so slow it could put you to sleep.

We all know Chambers is the shining example, but he also gave Gallagher his debut and many other opportunities, brought Reed into the fold with the first team and gave debuts to McQueen, Rowe and Sinclair. He played Ward-Prowse in practically every league game (sometimes from the bench) and, of course, helped develop Shaw as well.

Great post.

I reckon if Pochettino was still here then Steve Gallagher, Benedict McQueen, Ishmael Rowe and Frank Sinclair would all be first team regulars by now and some probably in the England team. Definitely Mike Gallagher would be anyway.

Great post.

I reckon if Pochettino was still here then Steve Gallagher, Benedict McQueen, Ishmael Rowe and Frank Sinclair would all be first team regulars by now and some probably in the England team. Definitely Mike Gallagher would be anyway.

Be completely honest, who do you think is more committed, as a point of principle, to bringing through young players and giving them their chance, Koeman or MP?