James Ward-Prowse's list of indisputable, unimprovable weaknesses

ScepticalStan

You cant compare playing for Saints to playing for barca for a start, Also i never said he would be as good, i said he will play the same roll ( Deep laying playmaker ), heres a link so you can look up the words " type of roll " eg same posistion - http://dictionary.cambridge.org/ - , never in my statement did i say he would be as good. your seeing things i never said dude, go to specsavers you need to go seriously. Also, Last year JWP was in the top 10 under 21 mids in europe according to every stat comparision site known and to pundits. your opinion on JWP means nothing, Long would win golden boot playing for barca in 1999.............. they had some of the best players the world had ever seen playing in the easiest league in EUROPE with the only challange coming from Real Madrid.

JWP plays at Southampton with the worst front 3 in the league, with striker's who need 100000000000000000 attempts to score one goal. thats a big big big difference to playing with Ronaldiho, Rivaldo, Klivert and figo and so on and so on.... them players alone would win games, you dont need a play maker when u have them players.

I never said he would be a world beater, i just stated he is stil young playing a posistion that is one of the hardest posistions to play in on the pitch, playing for one of the most inconsistant teams in the league.

Ronaldo in England was not half the player he is in Spain, he goals record shows that here ill show u so u can eat some humble pie.. stats dont lie man.......... 2003–2009 Manchester United 196 (84 Goals)

2009– Real Madrid 219 (239 Goals)

Obviuosly its far easier to score in Laliga than the EPL.............. every one knows its easier to score in Laliga than EPL.

JWP has to play on cold windy raining nights in Enalgnd against the most physical league in teh world, Xavi plays in the sunny none windy conditions against players who cant tackle........... Huge difference m8 huge!!!

If your so unhappy with the team and hate the players so much go and support Sh!tsmouth down the road, am sure they will have you, St Marys wont miss u at all.

Dear oh dear.

Cannot beat a man for pace in a foot race

Cannot win a 50/50 where he's shoulder-to-shoulder with another player as he has no strength

Cannot use his left foot

Cannot burst into the box and arrive late to score goals

Cannot beat a man with any sort of flicks and tricks

Cannot win headers

Cannot shoot from distance

Cannot tackle effectively and consistently enough to shield the back four

How many of these can you attribute to Morgan at 21?

And Morgan at 21 was playing at a much lower level with a much taller frame than JWP. Look at how much Morgan improved from 22-24, especially after Dean Hammond taught him how to tackle. The futures good for JWP.

How many of these can you attribute to Morgan at 21?

And Morgan at 21 was playing at a much lower level with a much taller frame than JWP. Look at how much Morgan improved from 22-24, especially after Dean Hammond taught him how to tackle. The futures good for JWP.

in that case JWP needs a year inthe Championship or even league 1. Just like Morgan had

Edited by Batman

He often doesn't help himself talking about England callups.

But reality is he probably will be called up before he has a regular runs of good games for us.

He is the type of player where every season will be "the one where he kicks on"...

Unfortunately many of his limitations are physical and will be hard to alter. But he will easily have a good PL career which is miles more than most Academy lads get.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought he played very well today. One if not his best performance for us.

However one free kick out of thousands and one penalty doesn't change my opinion of him. That will only change if he can keep doing it week after week. One good game in 100 doesn't make you a great player. If you or I had those chances we would of taken one eventually too.

That freekick goal has been a long time coming. Terrific goal. His general game still needs to improve though, he's far too weak at times and made some sloppy passes.

I'm pleased for him though and he really does have all the tools to be a top level player, just hope we can get some real consistency out of him and he can start to hold down a position.

The OP for me is typical of the ignorant english football fan, probably has played and is wowed by people who run around a lot and look busy or throw their weight around or have pace, no appreciation for qualities like ball delivery, picking a pass, seeing a pass, good positioning, first touch etc. which JWP has in abundance.

I mean Wanyama runs around a lot and knocks people over, but generally if he has to pass more than 10 yards it's a worry, different players have different qualities, JWP at 20 has qualities that some 29/30 centre mids still don't have. He'll add more to his game and I think more goals but he'll never knock people over or run fast, doesn't mean he can't turn into a top level player or that he isn't a decent one currently.

The OP for me is typical of the ignorant english football fan, probably has played and is wowed by people who run around a lot and look busy or throw their weight around or have pace, no appreciation for qualities like ball delivery, picking a pass, seeing a pass, good positioning, first touch etc. which JWP has in abundance.

I mean Wanyama runs around a lot and knocks people over, but generally if he has to pass more than 10 yards it's a worry, different players have different qualities, JWP at 20 has qualities that some 29/30 centre mids still don't have. He'll add more to his game and I think more goals but he'll never knock people over or run fast, doesn't mean he can't turn into a top level player or that he isn't a decent one currently.

:lol:

You're on the wrong thread pal. This isn't the Clasie thread. We're talking about two touch, square ball JWP.

Edited by shurlock

Big Vic played 60 passes today, with a pass completion of 88%.

Steve Davis has played 123 league games, and only scored 6, and he is played in a more attacking role than JWP, some on here expect miracles from a 20 year old.

its not about goals. it is about performances. JWP has had so many stinkers hence why he rarely starts

Steve Davis has played 123 league games, and only scored 6, and he is played in a more attacking role than JWP, some on here expect miracles from a 20 year old.

Age has nothing to do with it he is about the same age as Ross Barkley and Raheem Sterling don't see anyone banging on about their age. The truth is he is a decent squad player but we have other midfielders who are better. Take nothing away from yesterday he had a good game and it was an excellent free kick.

Obviously things came right for him yesterday and he'd basically won us the game after 35 mins.

Other than his goals, I didn't think he really shone though. He was fine/okay but not amazing.

Frustrating player. For the last few years I've been thinking he is going to breakthrough as a great player right now, but he never does. I always felt the same with Matt Oakley back in the day.

I like JWP. Very good at set pieces. Good squad player. Seems a nice bloke too. But I don't think he will ever be much more than an adequate mid-table Premier League player.

Hopefully yesterday really was a turning point and he proves me - and others - totally wrong.

Obviously things came right for him yesterday and he'd basically won us the game after 35 mins.

Other than his goals, I didn't think he really shone though. He was fine/okay but not amazing.

Frustrating player. For the last few years I've been thinking he is going to breakthrough as a great player right now, but he never does. I always felt the same with Matt Oakley back in the day.

I like JWP. Very good at set pieces. Good squad player. Seems a nice bloke too. But I don't think he will ever be much more than an adequate mid-table Premier League player.

Hopefully yesterday really was a turning point and he proves me - and others - totally wrong.

Well, you were wrong about Oakley, and about JWP

Would be strange but it seems fans of other teams really rate him. Probably because they never watch him play.

Great free kick yesterday. His free kicks look to have improved. Was unlucky against Palace. Good couple of corners and a cool penalty. Didn't do much in open play though and that's what let's him down.

Hopefully it'll come in time.

Playing in DM you're not going to notice him as much, but he kept the ball moving nicely for us, especially when switching the ball. I said in the summer that he could do what Schneiderlin did for us eventually, and he did half of it last night. Needs to find that bite and defensive awareness that Schneiderlin did after a couple of years playing the role.

Age has nothing to do with it he is about the same age as Ross Barkley and Raheem Sterling don't see anyone banging on about their age.

People do bang on about their age, actually. They're exceptional talents and performing at a level well beyond what we can expect of most players.

I think that the 3-5-2 formation has helped several players to look better in recent games. At times, it looked like we always had 2 spare men in midfield.

The back three seem both - confident and competent. Targett and Cedric looked better going forward, and when the opposition attacked it became 5-3-2, and although neither of JWP's goals came from open play, he did seem a lot more involved in the midfield play.

In Davis, JWP and Clasie at least we have three MF who can control the ball and find the man with a good accurate pass.

We've seen JWP "almost scoring " a dozen times from free-kicks in similar situations this season - but, at last it worked for him.

The real proof will be if he can get another 2-3 on target (no pun intended) during the rest of the season. It must have certainly been a real boost for his confidence.

People remember David Beckham's great goals - but he didn't score every time either, (although many people don't remember all those he missed).

Edited by david in sweden