Lee Rigby killer suing for lost front teeth

whelk

I dont know how you can stop it. I used to work in the NHS where people would sue because the food was bad and in local government where wealthy people would challenge a council decisions to not let them build a McMansion in an area of outstanding natural beauty.

Do you really take tens of thousands, sometimes hundreds of thousands of taxpayers money away from frontline services in order to fund a court battle, or do you quietly pay some 'go away' money?

I dont know how you can stop it. I used to work in the NHS where people would sue because the food was bad and in local government where wealthy people would challenge a council decisions to not let them build a McMansion in an area of outstanding natural beauty.

Do you really take tens of thousands, sometimes hundreds of thousands of taxpayers money away from frontline services in order to fund a court battle, or do you quietly pay some 'go away' money?

That only encourages more 'vexacious' claims. Stop the legal aid is the correct answer, i.e. throw out the claim the moment it is lodged.

He is entitled to claim. The system is entitled to throw his claim out.

But the problems arise not so much from the ant award made by the court - but the cost of fighting vexatious cases. Claimants who have no money, such as Adebolaje have literally nothing to lose by launching actions.

Sadly for some time we have been going down the American route whereby nobody is responsible for their actions anymore. It is always someone else fault and there are always people encouraging you to sue. My wife had an accident several years ago and she still gets regular emails trying to tempt her to sue despite the fact that she was not injured in the slightest.

Moving past his crime, I guess that you should be able to expect to serve a prison sentence without having your teeth knocked out. Am I right in thinking that there has been an enquiry and it has been found that there is no case to answer? This is the problem we have when living in a civilised society. Despite his crime he is still entitled to his "human rights." On the other hand someone should probably whisper in his ear that he is lucky that he has only lost two teeth!

I suspect he staged a fight with another inmate or officer so he could sue the MoJ for the headlines/attention. Highly sociopathic individual trying to provoke further outrage.

Moving past his crime, I guess that you should be able to expect to serve a prison sentence without having your teeth knocked out. Am I right in thinking that there has been an enquiry and it has been found that there is no case to answer? This is the problem we have when living in a civilised society. Despite his crime he is still entitled to his "human rights." On the other hand someone should probably whisper in his ear that he is lucky that he has only lost two teeth!

Indeed there was no case to answer but psychopaths like Adebolajo wouldn't give a flying **** about having their 2 front teeth knocked out. From the information available I reckon he deliberately got someone to do it.

It's fairly common for Category A prisoners to try and launch vexatious claims as a lot of them are as psychotically manipulative as they are violent. The depravity of the superority complex can be eye-opening.

So the man who refused to recognise the validity of the UK legal system has now done a U-turn.

Whatever his crime, yes he is entitled to make a claim - a claim that can be dismissed in 30 secs on day one if it has no merit.

But should he succeed then the amount he's awarded should be placed in an account and given to him on the day of his release....

Surprised no-win-no-fee lawyers are taking this up. Presumably they think he has a case worth pursuing? Can't see it myself. Unless the publicity for the law firm in this infamous case is worth the effort - all publicity is good publicity?

This country is far too soft. Lee Rigby, a father, a husband and a son was brutally murdered by this low-life piece of diarrhoea. Why are we wasting tax-payers time and money even entertaining this? He should be told to f**k off and shoved back out to 'play' with the other boys. It disgusts me.

I bet that Lee Rigby's poor family wouldn't be entitled to the amount of money being thrown at this vermin; not that it'd bring him back, but it'd surely help them out as a family for the future.

The Mail says that it's not clear how his case is being funded but does name some solicitors. Legal Aid for this type of case was stopped in 2013 apparently.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3355390/Rigby-family-fury-killer-sues-broken-teeth.html

I know that they say all publicity is good publicity but if I ran a firm of sols I wouldn't go within a hundred miles of this case.

The perfect solution. The killer should be told that will be the outcome and asked whether he wishes to continue with his claim.

Some may say the perfect solution would be to drill through his Achilles' tendon so he might not be too fussed about his front teeth

Genuine question, is there anything stopping Rigby's widow from sueing him for damages in a civil Court? Or is it only evil ex-husbands that get pursued to the ends of the earth for every penny they have for family maintenance.

I don't think there's anything to stop them, except that I doubt that he's got anything to give them.

I bet that Lee Rigby's poor family wouldn't be entitled to the amount of money being thrown at this vermin; not that it'd bring him back, but it'd surely help them out as a family for the future.

If you are convicted of murder would it not be a good idea for the murders entire wealth be given to the family of victim and maybe also money earned whilst serving a sentence, be that from suing the state or any other ways of accumulating wealth?

Genuine question, is there anything stopping Rigby's widow from sueing him for damages in a civil Court? Or is it only evil ex-husbands that get pursued to the ends of the earth for every penny they have for family maintenance.

Having just received a letter from the CSA (and it wasn't a Christmas card) I have a lot of sympathy for this post!