January Hcdajfu time?

simo

We were close to bringing someone in on loan before the deadline in the summer supposedly so maybe that will be resurrected. No idea who it was though - although I have a sneaking suspicion it was Filip Djuricic again.

I can actually see us signing Djuricic as he's not wanted by Benfica and is supposedly available for a knockdown price. He can actually play the No. 10 role and was just starting to adapt to the premier league at the end of last season.

Damarai Gray and Solly March have both been linked in the press - Young English wingers - and we do need some pace up front.

We have also been linked to Charlie Austin and with 6 months on his contract he will be available - an aggressive and mobile physical striker which we desperately need.

Another player with 6 months on his contract is Tonny Vilhena at Feyenord who we have been linked with in the past. I can see Koeman making a bid for one of his protégés who can play the attacking or defensive midfield role and is left footed.

And let's not forget Rodriguez, Forster and Gardos should all make a return in January. We should also bring back Gallagher, Stephens and Turnbull to add some strength in depth and some heart to the team.

Maybe we should consider a sneaky 6 month loan for Pato - he wants to play in England and needs a shop window and we need a striker.

Charlie Austin ffs

Not on loan, Buy the man.

he is a southerner, at a club where he does not want to be in a league where he does not want to be, contract up in 6 months.

get him on the f-ing bus

For me, it's an absolute no-brainer. Our finishing through the whole side is terrible. Too many decent chances being missed.

Charlie Austin ffs

Not on loan, Buy the man.

he is a southerner, at a club where he does not want to be in a league where he does not want to be, contract up in 6 months.

get him on the f-ing bus

Absolutely.

Saints, show some intent to stop the increasing discontent and get the man in to turn this season around and stomach the cost.

In order of priority, IMO, we need:

Striker. Not an attacking mid, not a creative player who wants to walk it into the box, but a striker. Get ball, take on players, shoot with confidence of actually hitting the target!

Right winger. Tadic but for the other side. When you're playing Davis or JWP in that position you know you have problems.

CB. Sorry Fonte, huge respect and can still do a job, but the signs are there that the end is coming. Get the replacement in now, before it's obvious and Fonte becomes a (bigger) problem.

End result, if we want to keep playing a striker and three behind, is Tadic left, Mane central, new player right, then Pelle or new striker up front depending on form / fitness / competition etc. Then we have the option for two proper strikers up front, Mane up front too, with Long on the bench and JRod given time to come back to fitness.

I don't see the need for a RB; Cedric has been improving with every game. When his fitness / stamina are good enough he'll be great for us at RB. He's brave, puts himself where it hurts to get a block in, gets forward and is starting to show he has the strength needed too.

We were close to bringing someone in on loan before the deadline in the summer supposedly so maybe that will be resurrected. No idea who it was though - although I have a sneaking suspicion it was Filip Djuricic again.

I can actually see us signing Djuricic as he's not wanted by Benfica and is supposedly available for a knockdown price. He can actually play the No. 10 role and was just starting to adapt to the premier league at the end of last season.

Damarai Gray and Solly March have both been linked in the press - Young English wingers - and we do need some pace up front.

We have also been linked to Charlie Austin and with 6 months on his contract he will be available - an aggressive and mobile physical striker which we desperately need.

Another player with 6 months on his contract is Tonny Vilhena at Feyenord who we have been linked with in the past. I can see Koeman making a bid for one of his protégés who can play the attacking or defensive midfield role and is left footed.

And let's not forget Rodriguez, Forster and Gardos should all make a return in January. We should also bring back Gallagher, Stephens and Turnbull to add some strength in depth and some heart to the team.

Maybe we should consider a sneaky 6 month loan for Pato - he wants to play in England and needs a shop window and we need a striker.

You make some good points. A few from these would be decent really.

Ive seen Sheffield Wednesday a couple of times and they have a centre half who looks as though he may come good. Hutchinson I think his name was. Gets lots of bookings but is brave and looks to have decent footballing brain.

He looks to be a winner/leader type . similar to John Terry

I'd say miles behind gaston in quality. But we don't have Gaston clearly, for whatever reason he's not wanted. He gets a rare opportunity and does more than most our other players, ron says he's working hard, but still nothing. so we need to replace him with someone we're actually going to play.

djuricic just looked like another frustrating player who won't score though. that no10 role is an area to invest heavily in, can change the whole team. or just sign a winger and play mane as no 10.

I can't for the life of me fathom why Gaston isn't given a chance either.

Against Liverpool not only did he get the assist, but also slotted in Pelle for a very decent chance, and had a moment where he picked up the ball in our left-back position, beat a few players and won a free-kick deep into their half.

We've hardly seen anything of the sort for the past three or four games now. Mane doesn't want to release the ball because he doesn't trust talentless try-hard cloggers like Davis and JWP to be able to give him a return pass in so much as a simple one-two, and the rest of the team doesn't have the ability to beat a man.

Heaven knows what Gaston has to do to get a chance. And I don't mean 15 minutes at the end out of position whilst we're defending a 1-0 lead away from home - but a real chance.

I can't for the life of me fathom why Gaston isn't given a chance either.

Against Liverpool not only did he get the assist, but also slotted in Pelle for a very decent chance, and had a moment where he picked up the ball in our left-back position, beat a few players and won a free-kick deep into their half.

We've hardly seen anything of the sort for the past three or four games now. Mane doesn't want to release the ball because he doesn't trust talentless try-hard cloggers like Davis and JWP to be able to give him a return pass in so much as a simple one-two, and the rest of the team doesn't have the ability to beat a man.

Heaven knows what Gaston has to do to get a chance. And I don't mean 15 minutes at the end out of position whilst we're defending a 1-0 lead away from home - but a real chance.

Well I expect we pay Gaston less when he doesn't play. Koeman has no time for him either so that makes it a handy jobby all round.

djuricic just looked like another frustrating player who won't score though. that no10 role is an area to invest heavily in, can change the whole team. or just sign a winger and play mane as no 10.

Djuricic looked to be finding his feet, certainly a lot quicker than Juanmi. Agree fully that the number 10'position is one to focus on. Davis does a great job for the team when he is on song, but we really need someone willing to dribble and get in between the lines. Tadic would seem to have the attributes, but he is never played there, so either he or RK doesn't think that will work.

Probably not. If we could it would be a good message though, that leaving isn't always a good idea and he could show his quality here and help us at RB.

It was crazy to lose him AND Clyne, but then what are you supposed to do when a club is daft enough to offer 16m for a kid that's barely played?

Surely he can't be on crazy money?

Probably not. If we could it would be a good message though, that leaving isn't always a good idea and he could show his quality here and help us at RB.

It was crazy to lose him AND Clyne, but then what are you supposed to do when a club is daft enough to offer 16m for a kid that's barely played?

Probably nowhere near 16 million initially though, perhaps 10 or 11 with the usual add ons.

What we do know is that Lallana+Lambert+Lovren+Shaw+Chambers =82 miilion or so, put in the values to make up the sum.

If he was vaguely sensible value he'd have gone in the summer surely?

It's QPR, not a normal club. I hate to think what he's earning. This is a club that outbid us by miles on wages for Stephen Caulker.

I don't think his wages are that big nor is he asking for mega money. He didn't want to join relegation strugglers last year and there weren't many other clubs interested at 15 million. Even now I can't see a club he'd want to join paying the 7-8 million when he's free in 6 months

[h=1]Championship Top Scorers[/h]

[TABLE=class: competition-top-scorers-list, width: 624]

[TR=bgcolor: #000000]

[TH=class: rank, align: center]Rank[/TH]

[TH=class: player-name]Player Name[/TH]

[TH=class: team-name]Team[/TH]

[TH=class: goal-count, align: center]Goals[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR=class: odd rank-1]

[TD=class: rank, align: center]1[/TD]

[TD=class: player-name]Andre Gray[/TD]

[TD=class: team-name]Burnley[/TD]

[TD=class: goal-count last, align: center]11[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: even rank-2, bgcolor: gainsboro]

[TD=class: rank, align: center]2[/TD]

[TD=class: player-name]Ross McCormack[/TD]

[TD=class: team-name]Fulham[/TD]

[TD=class: goal-count last, align: center]10[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: odd rank-3]

[TD=class: rank, align: center]3[/TD]

[TD=class: player-name]Nick Blackman[/TD]

[TD=class: team-name]Reading[/TD]

[TD=class: goal-count last, align: center]9[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: even rank-3, bgcolor: gainsboro]

[TD=class: player-name]Moussa Dembele[/TD]

[TD=class: team-name]Fulham[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: player-name]Jonathan Kodjia[/TD]

[TD=class: team-name]Bristol City[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR=class: even rank-3, bgcolor: gainsboro]

[TD=class: player-name]Chris Martin[/TD]

[TD=class: team-name]Derby County[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: player-name]Jordan Rhodes[/TD]

[TD=class: team-name]Blackburn Rovers[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[h=1]European Football Top Scorers 2015/2016[/h][TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=width: 70, align: center]Goals Scored[/TD]

[TD=width: 70, align: center]Penalties[/TD]

[TD=width: 70, align: center]Golden Shoe Points[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1

[/TD]

[TD=width: 100][/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #DFDFDF]Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

borussia-dortmund.png Borussia Dortmund

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #DFDFDF, align: center]20[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #DFDFDF, align: center]3[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #DFDFDF, align: center]40[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #E1E1E1]Neymar

barcelona.png Barcelona

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #E1E1E1, align: center]17[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #E1E1E1, align: center]3[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #E1E1E1, align: center]34[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #E2E2E2]Jamie Vardy

leicester-city.png Leicester City

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #E2E2E2, align: center]17[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #E2E2E2, align: center]3[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #E2E2E2, align: center]34[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]4

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #E4E4E4]Thomas Muller

bayern-munich.png Bayern Munich

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #E4E4E4, align: center]17[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #E4E4E4, align: center]4[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #E4E4E4, align: center]34[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #E6E6E6]Zlatan Ibrahimovic

psg.png PSG

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #E6E6E6, align: center]16[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #E6E6E6, align: center]4[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #E6E6E6, align: center]32[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #E8E8E8]Benjamin Moukandjo

lorient.png Lorient

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #E8E8E8, align: center]15[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #E8E8E8, align: center]4[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #E8E8E8, align: center]30[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #EAEAEA]Luis Suarez

barcelona.png Barcelona

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #EAEAEA, align: center]14[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #EAEAEA, align: center]1[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #EAEAEA, align: center]28[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]8

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #EDEDED]Gonzalo Higuain

napoli.png Napoli

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #EDEDED, align: center]14[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #EDEDED, align: center]0[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #EDEDED, align: center]28[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #F0F0F0]Robert Lewandowski

bayern-munich.png Bayern Munich

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #F0F0F0, align: center]14[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #F0F0F0, align: center]0[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #F0F0F0, align: center]28[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]10

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #F5F5F5]Eder

sampdoria.png Sampdoria

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #F5F5F5, align: center]13[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #F5F5F5, align: center]3[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #F5F5F5, align: center]26[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

From that list, I would probably go after Nick Blackman. Local to us, low disruption and Reading are midtable. Burnley are up the top so wouldn't let Andre Gray go.

Apart from Blackman (and most on that list) just wouldn't give Pelle any serious competition which is the whole point of bringing someone in.

We are an established PL side and can pay good salaries. We can attract better than a midtable Championship striker with just one decent half season to his name.

Apart from Blackman (and most on that list) just wouldn't give Pelle any serious competition which is the whole point of bringing someone in.

We are an established PL side and can pay good salaries. We can attract better than a midtable Championship striker with just one decent half season to his name.

Alright, Charlie, let's go for it. See above. Pick one. :)

Charlie Austin 8 mill, just what we need ;););)

If he is available for £8M we should pile in.

If I was a betting man....

Why spend 8 million on him to get him in in January when he's on a bosman in the summer? We aren't going down, we aren't getting into Europe, so it seems unnecessary to pay big money when we don't really need to...?