January Hcdajfu time?

simo

Now we have Austin, I'm pretty happy with the squad. I do feel that we lack a bit of creativity and goals in midfield, but January isn't the time to sort it. I see teams below us spending big (relatively) on players that really might fluff it. Newcastle is going about things differently and spending big on known quantities. £12m already, and maybe £30m+ on Townsend and Berahino.

Now we have Austin, I'm pretty happy with the squad. I do feel that we lack a bit of creativity and goals in midfield, but January isn't the time to sort it. I see teams below us spending big (relatively) on players that really might fluff it. Newcastle is going about things differently and spending big on known quantities. £12m already, and maybe £30m+ on Townsend and Berahino.

why?

how come january is the time to sort out our lack of goals this season but NOT to sort creativity in midfield.?

why?

how come january is the time to sort out our lack of goals this season but NOT to sort creativity in midfield.?

He probably means that that would take an awful lot of money and you can probably find more choice and thus more value in the market in the summer. I'm inclined to agree.

Spot on Hypo. Unless you can get a good deal like Austin (and he is presumably a good deal because it steals a march on our opponents, and £4m is these days not very much and but 2 or 3 times a loan fee for half a season) which are as rare as rocking horse poop, it is a time for desperate signings. And one might look at it as Austin not being good value, seeing as he would be free at the end of season For the record I don't think that, and he is only a wee bit more than we sold Cork for at the same stage, although I realise they were different situations (strikers premium, Championship players, etc etc).

Tell me though, apart from Austin, who would you consider to be a good valued signing in the January window?

Would quite like another wide player, but the club might decide that if we're going to play 5-2-2-1 then we don't need the wide player, and Targett can fill in there with Cedric on the other side.

Think it would be a shame to lose Bertrand's attacking ability down the wing though.

Bertrand's attacking ability might become an option once Gardos is match fit.

Think it would be a shame to lose Bertrand's attacking ability down the wing though.

Crikey, I'd not really thought about losing Bertrand in the summer.

At the start of this season, on my geeky Saints excel file, I'd penned in that we would likely lose Wanyama & Mane.

Seems to be enough steam building up that Pelle is likely too... We don't want to be losing any-more than that, surely.

Latest on Ziyech

AC Milan, Leicester City, Swansea City, Celtic, Anderlecht, Borussia Dortmund, Schalke 04, VfB Stuttgart and TSG Hoffenheim Friday came to watch Ziyech - Votebalzone

8 Million euros.

I hope the recruitment department are watching the game on a stream.

Thommo is right - Long's goalscoring inconsistency is there for all to see:

* 15 goals in 58 games for Southampton (One every 208 minutes).

The last thing Liverpool need is another allegedly attacking player who fails to score/create goals on a regular basis.

Long - 1 every 208 minutes

Liverpool's top 5 scorers last season.

Gerrard - 1 every 248 minutes

Sterling - 1 every 436 minutes

Henderson - 1 every 542 minutes

Lallana - 1 every 358 minutes

Coutinho - 1 every 560 minutes

Liverpool's top 5 scorers this season.

Benteke - 1 every 195 minutes

Coutinho - 1 every 284 minutes

Firmino - 1 every 355 minutes

Milner - 1 every 740 minutes

Ings - 1 every 157 minutes

Those arrogant bastards could do well with a 1 in every 208 minutes player. Don't sell Les.

The Times reports we had a bid rejected for Coventry's 19 year old midfielder James Maddison but Spurs favourites to sign him, and that Stoke and Everton interested in Long.

Would be retrograde to lose Long now. Competition for places surely what we want?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WATFORD BACK IN FOR SUAREZ

Watford have renewed their interest in Fiorentina midfielder Mario Suarez, according to Sky sources.

Talks had broken down earlier in this window, but it seems they could now be resurrected.

If the deal goes through, it would be a permanent transfer.

Alan Nixon saying Watford have bid £10m for Montero @ Swansea.

heck is going on up there? shelvey left already, and serious bids put in by other bottom teams for ayew, montero and apparently gomis also being sought .

are they overhauling their squad? montero, ayew and shelvey arguably three of their best. madness to let them go if it happens.

realise bids don't mean done deals, but those clubs who've bid must have had some positive noises that their bid stood a chance..

heck is going on up there? shelvey left already, and serious bids put in by other bottom teams for ayew, montero and apparently gomis also being sought .

are they overhauling their squad? montero, ayew and shelvey arguably three of their best. madness to let them go if it happens.

realise bids don't mean done deals, but those clubs who've bid must have had some positive noises that their bid stood a chance..

#firesale #meltdown etc etc.

Could be just trying to unsettle a relegation rival.

Sent from my GT-S5301 using Tapatalk

Something is not right there. The biggest concern I'd have I'd I was a Swans fan would be the fact their direct competition are the ones looking to pillage them.

Something is not right there. The biggest concern I'd have I'd I was a Swans fan would be the fact their direct competition are the ones looking to pillage them.

Seems an awful long way from the wailing on here a year ago about us letting Cork go there and how we'd strengthened our rivals and how they now would be finishing above us etc etc etc.

A club can fall, and it can fall quick.

Gomis and Montero have been pretty crap. Montero has flashes of brilliance and Gomis is about a good a finisher as JWP or Davis.

Reason they are down there. Ayew also massively over rated IMO

quoted from last year's HCdAJFU thread

can confirm having seen wass play a few times he's very very good. evian is just across the lake from where I am where he used to play not so long ago.

he's an excellent player. no idea why I'm reposting as I doubt we'll get him but isn't that the point of this thread anyway?

could definitely do a job for us. very strong, physical and fast. he must be around 6ft. got a class touch and I've seen him play on the right side as well as centre of the park

A friend of mine who has links to a few few Spurs ITK guys said that Levy is looking for 14mill for Townsend and not a penny less as he's an England international. Would you want him for that? Seems about right in this day and age and he'd be a great signing for us imo.

A friend of mine who has links to a few few Spurs ITK guys said that Levy is looking for 14mill for Townsend and not a penny less as he's an England international. Would you want him for that? Seems about right in this day and age and he'd be a great signing for us imo.

No but why do you think he would be a great signing for us? Genuine question

I strongly disagree. Hugely overrated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

No but why do you think he would be a great signing for us? Genuine question

I just think he's exactly the type of winger that would suit us. I'm not saying he's a great player but I genuinely think he'd do well here. We need someone direct who will run at defenders on that side and someone who can also cut inside and shoot.

An England international but a Spurs reserve. Wouldn't pay £14m, but I do rate him.