January Hcdajfu time?

simo

See Papers are reading forum Imbula mentioned today with Saivet [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imbula has been pretty average for Porto this season hence they want rid after only 6 months, "can't settle" is a euphemism for he's crap for the money we paid for him and we need someone else.

I was reading the 'Football Manager ruined my life' book yesterday and Alan Dzagoev popped up in it. I know he has attitude problems apparently but is still class and can score goals. Then I see today he's linked with Newcastle. Coincidence.

Anyway could be worth a punt for us. Koeman seems to like decent players whose career has taken a wrong turn.

My thoughts:

Out: Wanyama - head is elsewhere offload to Spuds / Arsenal

Ramirez - To costly to keep as a impact sub.

Caulker - not up to this level get shot and free up a loan space.

Potential Ins: Byram - Young right back cover for Soares alot of potential, Cover and one for the future

Callum Chambers - loan right back and center back cover.

Andre Gray

Jordan Rhodes

Will Hughes

Ross McCormick

Andre Gray

Dutch: Tonny vilhena

Ziyech

Luuk de jong

I see that we've been linked with Hakim Ziyech from Twente.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/12/30/report-southampton-target-twente-playmaker-hakim-ziyech/?

Personally I hadn't heard of him but i'm in touch with a couple of guys from Arnhem after we played there in August and asked them for their thoughts...... Apparently "He's a very good player and one of the best in the league"

My thoughts:

Out: Wanyama - head is elsewhere offload to Spuds / Arsenal

Ramirez - To costly to keep as a impact sub.

Caulker - not up to this level get shot and free up a loan space.

Potential Ins: Byram - Young right back cover for Soares alot of potential, Cover and one for the future

Callum Chambers - loan right back and center back cover.

Andre Gray

Jordan Rhodes

Will Hughes

Ross McCormick

Andre Gray

Dutch: Tonny vilhena

Ziyech

Luuk de jong

We need soares to be the cover.

We need to total thirty goals from the two strikers (Long, Pelle, Mane ), twenty goals from the four midfielders and a few from defenders. At the moment the two strikers are on target. IMO to step up a notch we need an Austin for another ten up front and a midfielder to get ten more.

Sam Byram seems like the right sort of deal for us

Heard several reports today that Big Sam and Sunderland are after him. That would be a tragedy should we miss out on him. But for penny pinching Les we'd have signed him two seasons ago.

Heard several reports today that Big Sam and Sunderland are after him. That would be a tragedy should we miss out on him. But for penny pinching Les we'd have signed him two seasons ago.

Doesn't he want to get out if the Championship?

Yes, but has shakiri taken the league by storm though? From what I have seen he's been pretty poor up until the last couple of games. Arnautovic on the other hand...

I think he was pretty anonymous for the first 12 or so games, and then picked it up in the last half dozen or so. Time will tell if he can maintain his current level (which is very good).

Sounds like there will be no signings for us next month....

Well if we don't we will be in deep ****! Our lack of a right back has cost us about 6 points IMO - if we don't recruit and keep playing Yoshida there it will almost be

like we are run by people giving up or want out. A right back won't cost the earth but we are shocking in that position.

Koeman has said in his press conference that depending on the fitness of Pelle and JRod we may sign a striker but is not after any other positions as he's happy with everyone. Not sure whether that's a slight dent in his judgement or a clever public backing of his team!

Koeman has said in his press conference that depending on the fitness of Pelle and JRod we may sign a striker but is not after any other positions as he's happy with everyone. Not sure whether that's a slight dent in his judgement or a clever public backing of his team!

has to be.

he is very much a tinker-man this season. cant be happy making so many changes

Well if we don't we will be in deep ****! Our lack of a right back has cost us about 6 points IMO - if we don't recruit and keep playing Yoshida there it will almost be

like we are run by people giving up or want out. A right back won't cost the earth but we are shocking in that position.

Define "deep ****".

Madness if we don't strengthen and again shows the lack of ambition at club.

Wrong time of year to do it really, but we do need help because of a weak summer in the transfer market.

As for Caulker that news is laughable. Recall McCarthy or Stephens and get rid of Caulker. Gardos is back in training there is no need to keep Caulker around. He's awful and eating up money.

EDIT: My only guess is either that we can't cancel the loan, or the financial penalty for doing so makes keeping him around more viable.

Madness if we don't strengthen and again shows the lack of ambition at club.

it is where we are

just on the cusp of a relegation scrap

very low budgets compared to most.

WBA, Norwich and Bournemouth are now are immediate rivals. Not Liverpool and Spurs

How do we compare budget wise (net transfer fees plus wages)?

Discussed at great length previously I believe, but my single biggest takeaway was that we were the only PL club to have made money (net plus) from the summer transfers two years running. OK, we had debt etc. but not investing (strengthening) on an on-going basis is not progression. Also RK has publicly stated we have a bottom four budget. I am not saying we should spend a ton of money, just that we should have realistic expectations from our current investment. The next set of accounts should be interesting to see where we are with the debt situation, and hence potential future investment.

It all depends if you support the Saints with your heart (spend loads of dosh) or your head (live within your means)

Makes me sick the tedious way Leicester City have gone about being top of the league. Give me the wondrous and romantic way that Manchester City and Manchester United do things anyday - pure footballing heart. When United spunked £100m and City £150m in the summer it reminded me of why I fell in love with the sport as a child. Heartwarming.

Makes me sick the tedious way Leicester City have gone about being top of the league. Give me the wondrous and romantic way that Manchester City and Manchester United do things anyday - pure footballing heart. When United spunked £100m and City £150m in the summer it reminded me of why I fell in love with the sport as a child. Heartwarming.

Haha! (I see your line of thinking FF, but it's about 20 years out of date...)

Anyway, Koeman not ruling out spending money in January...

Koeman says he won't panic in the January transfer window, but will wait to see how @GPelle19 and Jay Rodriguez recover. #saintsfc*

He is not a WUM ! Complacency will see us get relegated. The clubs immediately below us are about to strengthen and fight for their EPL status, make no mistake.

If we sit on our hands we will go down.

Can you tell me how being complacent on a numpty forum posting ****** can get us relegated...if it could you would have had us down for the last 12 years!

Who you cheering for on Saturday?

As our academy roster seems a little thin on quality, how about targeting high potential youngsters with pace from the championship or the lower leagues, slowly bed them in and get them used to the way we play. This would enable us to hit the ground running next season and not have the excuse of giving the team time to gel (which is still the phrase Koeman is using now).

Let s anticipate now on next summer's departures (mane and vw which we all know will happen) and stop reacting later to a situation that is inevitable and all know will happen.

It like deja vu every January transfer market....in fact most transfer windows.

We see what we think is necessary and the club see otherwise.

And then it come back to bite us on our arse at a later date in the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How has it worked out for you over the last 6 seasons?

How has it worked out for you over the last 6 seasons?

We definitely missed an opportunity to finish higher last season by not strengthening in one or two areas in January. The same thing could happen again this year. Admittedly summers have mostly been very good but I do think we should use January a bit more if we need to.

Norwich' date=' not far below us in for Naismith & Ranocchia. Would be good signings for them & makes them stronger.[/quote']

I think Norwich 'won' the transfer window. Couple of seasons ago, then got relegated.

I think we could do with a bit of extra firepower but for crying out loud show some ambition instead of Elia and Djuricic.

If the club acted like fans wanted, we'd be broke before long. We're not going to spend much money in January, we never really do - 2011 in L1 being the single exception.

I'd rather keep the funds in the back pocket until the summer and we can then work out what we need with a much better view over an entire season. Clubs who splash money in January rarely succeed in the long term.

If the club acted like fans wanted, we'd be broke before long. We're not going to spend much money in January, we never really do - 2011 in L1 being the single exception.

I'd rather keep the funds in the back pocket until the summer and we can then work out what we need with a much better view over an entire season. Clubs who splash money in January rarely succeed in the long term.

The board are very good at keeping funds in the back pocket.