Gazzaniga

Roo1976

Well i looked at the starting line up and thought and feared for the worse.Wow what an outstanding effort he made.

He didnt have too much chance with their goal unfortunatly but in that game kept us in it at least 4 great saves and 1 outstanding save to keep us right in it until **** me Long screws it up at the last few seconds ,well played Paulo you deserve another run infront of Stek imo.

It was a brilliant performance. Not just the incredible saves, but his kicking took the ball (especially into the wind in the 2nd half) twice as long as Kelvin. He made a good early save, got a pat on the back from one of our defenders, and his confidence grew from there.

I'd play him in the next match, even if Stek is fit.

I think if Stek had been in goal they would have scored more. excellent display maybe we saw THE goalkeeper today.

When you look at Jack Butland when we were sniffing around him as a youngster for £6m he was touted as the best thing ever between the sticks across all football, he had a bumpy few years, now he is a bit older and wiser and looking good at Stoke.

Goalkeepers mature with age hopefully Gazza is ripening................ He must have something to have still been here.

Yes he was a different keeper today. Still a little rooted to his line but it's amazing what a couple of decent saves does for a keeper's confidence.

That's one thing you can't say about him, that he's rooted to his line, he comes out loads.

Yeah he done well. That will do his confidence the world of good! The only criticism is he needs to marshal his defence more but fair play to him, he's come on leaps and bounds since Adkins was starting him!

I have to say second half he was right in front of me, and he certainly was talking to them and handing it out when they were just letting players go...... And especially to VVD when he passed it back to him rather heavily and away from him sending the ball trundling worryingly towards an unguarded net.