SAINTS v Spurs - Build Up

jamesfp1

Why would you play juanmi? He's been awful (save for once when he was subbed for last 15 mins and looked OK) this season when he's made an appearance - let the game pass by him. exactly the kind of player we don't need.

'He's been awful this season' based on how many appearances?

That's the Saints Web we all know & love:mcinnes:

Good stuff Gentlemans bet then? Spurs win by 3 goals or more you pay £10 to a charity of my choice. Any other result and I'll do it for one of your choice?

Deal?

Deal. It's a shame you are lowering your expectations to such a level and entering the ground on Saturday already anticipating a drubbing. We've got it in us to beat Spurs despite being on a bad run, i recall the number of fans who were throwing the towel in this time last season after a run of 5-6 defeats and we went and beat Everton 3-0, have a bit of faith and get behind the team, you might even enjoy yourself a bit, give it a try.

At least whatever happens now a good cause will receive a tenner, so it's not all bad eh :smug:

Why would you play juanmi? He's been awful (save for once when he was subbed for last 15 mins and looked OK) this season when he's made an appearance - let the game pass by him. exactly the kind of player we don't need.

at least ramirez' appearance was half decent and he gotan assist for mane

Gaston's had two seasons here + a loan season at Hull. He ain't ever becoming half decent and some dodgy header at Anfield ain't changing that.

Juanmi deserves time and I think has technical ability to fit in- just like to see him given a chance.

Good stuff Gentlemans bet then? Spurs win by 3 goals or more you pay £10 to a charity of my choice. Any other result and I'll do it for one of your choice?

Deal?

When was the last time we lost by three goals or more away? Seems years ago. I may be forgetting something but all the recent biggish defeats have been at home.

we are good enough to beat Spurs, they are not world beaters they are about our level, stop wetting the bed, get behind your team,and lets take it to them!

We are definitely capable of beating them but after nearly half the season we haven't beaten anyone above 13th in the league.

Spurs are overall better than our level.

2-3 points would be a good return from the next 2 games IMO.

Gaston's had two seasons here + a loan season at Hull. He ain't ever becoming half decent and some dodgy header at Anfield ain't changing that.

Juanmi deserves time and I think has technical ability to fit in- just like to see him given a chance.

I'd be inclined to agree. just that juanmi is a similar player to gaston and with similar flaws, but obviously similar good traits . trouble is those flaws set gaston back as much as they will juanmi - not having time on the ball in the prem, being physically weak to win 1on1 battles, not able to play his 'little CF' role like he did in malaga in the prem. where do you play him seeing as we're all agree mane is better as a number 10

in principle I think yes definitely give people a chance - all for that and with you 100%. I agree he deserves having time and I really hope the newspaper articles about him returning to spain in next transfer window are wrong, as I don't think thatw ould be a good outcome for anyone.

mk dons and villa in the cup he was given a bit of a showing, and we played very well in both games. just not sure spurs (against dier, alderweireld and vertonghen and against lloris) is the kind of match suited for juanmi

BECOME decent? He's always been decent. I really don't see any difference between him and Tadic, except Ramirez likes to shoot more. If he'd had the number of starts Tadic has, I doubt he'd have had more anonymous games. Creative players go through periods like that unless they're the very best around.

The problem with Ramirez is he doesn't protect the ball very well when in possession. He regularly lost the ball in dangerous areas which led to teams breaking on us. Tadic is much better in that respect. I think Ramirez should be on the bench and giving us an option to change things, and if he plays high enough up the pitch then I think him losing possession is a price worth paying when he offers genuine creativity

If there was one game I wanted us to win before the season started it is this one. Win this and we'll only be 2 points behind them after the dodgy start and shocking recent form just shows how crazy and close the premier League is this season. Please for the love of saints win this one lads.

And unless Ramirez has a move back to Bologna or somewhere lined up in January I don't understand why he isn't on the bench. We saw against Liverpool that he can make a difference when we are behind with 15 mins to go. Plus Harry Reed? Played very well when called upon last season, can't even get in the squad this season. His development well and truly stunted. :?

RE- Reed, IMO Wanyama's head is already somewhere else, if he's not going to sign a new deal might as well get rid in January if anyone is willing to pay a large fee and have Reed replace him in the squad. I don't think we'll see much of a difference

Unless we want to sell him to Spuds so he would need to put in a good performance?

The question is not whether we lose, but by how many

We are not good enough to trouble Tottenham.

More misery predicted

Koeman needs to stop playing fantasy football and instead use a system that everybody understands

We can't keep changing the midfield every week

That's a very negative attitude really, Spurs have their weaknesses, up to our manager to devise a plan to exploit them.

I used to really enjoy this Board but of late all I seem to see are negative 'we'll get tanked' comments.I've been a Saint now for over 58 years and I've seen it all before.The Saints will beat F..king Spurs on Saturday right! We can do it so stop being so pessimistic. Say after me twenty times "We will beat Spurs on Saturday" irrespective of the fact that our 'un Friend' is Reffing.

Did you think Newcastle were not good enough to trouble them last weekend?

Newcastle had the magic carrot of being in the relegation zone to give them fight. We don't have that, or any fight. Almost like the players want a holiday and will pick up the pace once we look like we are in proper trouble.

Newcastle had the magic carrot of being in the relegation zone to give them fight. We don't have that, or any fight. Almost like the players want a holiday and will pick up the pace once we look like we are in proper trouble.

we arent too far from the relegation zone, We have to win and soon! we must be in the top five most boring teams to watch this season, you would think the players would want to put on a good show against spuds ?

Isnt that the point of that phrase though? You can go several games without a result and then get a win when least expected?

Well no, it isn't. It usually implies that you lose one week against somebody awful and then win the next against someone good.. Its about inconsistency, something we are not.

Well no, it isn't. It usually implies that you lose one week against somebody awful and then win the next against someone good.. Its about inconsistency, something we are not.

But we are inconsistent. We can play well in one half and poorly in the next all too frequently. Even when we went on that non losing streak we were not playing blinding football for 90 mins each game. Also you say we are not capable of beating anyone at the moment. There is a big difference between being capable of beating anyone and beating anyone. We are capable of beaten anyone.

Edited by sadoldgit

But we are inconsistent.

Not winning in 5 games is not inconsistent, its consistent. Previously we had gone about 10 unbeaten (lots of draws), that's consistent.

The phrase was about anyone can beat anyone on their day, not anyone can play well for 45 minutes and then badly for 45 minutes. Please explain how we are capable of beating anyone at the moment. We have played 5 teams in 5 games ranging from the top team to the bottom team and not beaten any of them, so we are not capable of beating anyone at the moment. We have clearly been totally incapable of beating anyone for a little while now.

Well if it's the magic carrot of the 'R' word you want as an incentive, we will soon have it, if things don't improve.

we arent too far from the relegation zone, We have to win and soon! we must be in the top five most boring teams to watch this season, you would think the players would want to put on a good show against spuds ?

As someone said previous, we can 'sleepwalk' to relegation. I alone, was warning of this at the start of the season.

Hopefully our fans learnt something from the "Adam Lallana, he's winning 6-1" chant from the victims the other week.

So we're supposed to just roll over and give little weasels like that an easy ride?

**** that modern football crap, those that made their beds get their abuse. And lallana and lovern deserve every little piece of it.

As for poch I don't really hate the guy, he was a superb manager for us but always here as a stepping stone. That he left was falling but not surprising and most of the anger I believe is aimed at the fact that he's a very good manager. Combine that with the rest of the exodus that summer and he took some stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would probably consider Caulker as a front sweeper for this one, covering the width of the pitch in front of the back four like Frazer Richardson used to.

------------------Stek--------------

Cedric---Fonte--VVD--Bertrand

>>>>>>>>>

------------Davis----Ramirez---------

Juanmi--------Seager--------Mane

Edited by Saint Charlie

Would probably consider Caulker as a front sweeper for this one, covering the width of the pitch in front of the back four like Frazer Richardson used to do badly.

------------------Stek--------------

Cedric---Fonte--VVD--Bertrand

------------Davis----Ramirez---------

Juanmi--------Seager--------Mane

Corrected this for you

#DurmanLogic

Were you at Crystal Palace St Charlie or are you a plastic fan, making your visionary comments from the Sofa.

I support my team thick and thin!

I watch every minute (not always live)

I don't want to be positive at the moment

The hope is what makes it more painful every disappointing result

I will agree with you though this is Durman Logic