Mourinho sacked!

waylander

Bonkers mad. Never heard of such a ridiculous decision and I hate the guy. There isn't a better manager still in the game and I can only imagine they want Pep, but its not like he's even a step up. Perhaps on par with Jose but not better. All they had to do was cast out the drift wood and replace a few players, bad form is bad form. It happens and I think Chelsea have too much money. Hope their fans are ****ed off :lol:

Bonkers mad. Never heard of such a ridiculous decision and I hate the guy. There isn't a better manager still in the game and I can only imagine they want Pep, but its not like he's even a step up. Perhaps on par with Jose but not better. All they had to do was cast out the drift wood and replace a few players, bad form is bad form. It happens and I think Chelsea have too much money. Hope their fans are ****ed off :lol:
Why? He's clearly lost the players, they don't want to play for him and the majority look uninterested. Plus his own weird behaviour, treatment of staff etc, showing no signs of turning things around, I don't blame them for getting rid.

To be honest, part of me reckons he wanted to be sacked.

Definitely strange goings on there though, never seen Champions perform so badly so quickly.

The players at that club have too much power, that is the problem as I see it.

....money is the correct word.

Goodness knows how much they're paid....if £100K /week is the average...?....it's a long term commitment that they are saddled with.

Abrahamovic's patience must be wearing thin......he saved them from bankruptcy, but ....would he think to cut his losses and leave a new owner with the salary burden?

....money is the correct word.

Goodness knows how much they're paid....if £100K /week is the average...?....it's a long term commitment that they are saddled with.

Abrahamovic's patience must be wearing thin......he saved them from bankruptcy, but ....would he think to cut his losses and leave a new owner with the salary burden?

Was it Alan Ball who said that he was trying to give his team a pep talk and then realised that it was a waste of time because he was talking to a bunch of multi-millionaires.

Why? He's clearly lost the players, they don't want to play for him and the majority look uninterested. Plus his own weird behaviour, treatment of staff etc, showing no signs of turning things around, I don't blame them for getting rid.

To be honest, part of me reckons he wanted to be sacked.

Definitely strange goings on there though, never seen Champions perform so badly so quickly.

I understand what you're saying but what's the alternative? Maybe he did lose the dressing room. He was wrong to treat the doctors like he did but all those players and staff are replaceable. I dont think he is and I dont think they'll go back to winning titles without him.

I reckon Jose would have turned it around so Chelsea should have waited until end of season - what's the new guy gonna do anyway ? They won't be relegated but they won't win league either.

Mind you £40mm!! I suspect he has had worse days.

Only getting about 11 million apparently, probably wants to work again soon so has agreed a lesser amount. May have even wanted to get sacked if he's got something he fancies more lined up. Favourite to take over at Utd apparently.........

This is where it all went Pete Tong:

stag-mourino-598296.jpg

Yep,

As soon as he scapegoated Carneiro for that result it spread through the players and the coaching staff. It was evident from then he wouldn't take responsibility for anything and he lost the players from then on.

It's been hilarious seeing them going from loss to loss with a completely useless body blaming everyone else for his failings

Yep,

As soon as he scapegoated Carneiro for that result it spread through the players and the coaching staff. It was evident from then he wouldn't take responsibility for anything and he lost the players from then on.

It's been hilarious seeing them going from loss to loss with a completely useless body blaming everyone else for his failings

And the legal aspects get quite involved...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/managers/jose-mourinho/12056756/Jose-Mourinho-sacking-means-Eva-Carneiro-could-make-dramatic-return-to-Chelsea.html

Anyone that watched the Leicester v Chelsea game would have seen that something was not right. Eden Hazzard last year almost unplayable at times could not wait to get off the pitch.....injured my arse....there was nothing in the tackle or the way he landed that would have caused a player to leave the field injured. If i'm still playing at 51 and getting wacked from challenges and playing on then i'm bloody certain a young Premiership player can get up and carry on playing from a light hearted nudge!!!!........Mourinho lost the players with his bizzare behaviour i have absolutely no doubt....in my opinion he only lasted this long because of what he has previously achieved.

Not recognising and valuing the talent of Lukaku enough goes down as a huge early blunder by Mourinho. The trouble with so many of these "special" Managers seems to be their appetite for buying established superstars at the expense of developing or spotting the potential of players. I'd like to see how well Mourinho would get on at a Club like Bournemouth or Watford - probably no better than the incumbents.

Maybe he did lose the dressing room. He was wrong to treat the doctors like he did but all those players and staff are replaceable.

'Maybe he did'.. and you dismiss it like that as if it weren't important? They haven't been playing for him, that much is evident and he even said as much after the Leicester game "They've betrayed me"... So how is a wholesale change going to happen, (and when, of course..) and the only new people to be attracted would purely be there for the money and why would he be more succesful with them?

Nah, pity he's gone as it was getting quite amusing, but for their own sake the club had to do it.

'Maybe he did'.. and you dismiss it like that as if it weren't important? They haven't been playing for him, that much is evident and he even said as much after the Leicester game "They've betrayed me"... So how is a wholesale change going to happen, (and when, of course..) and the only new people to be attracted would purely be there for the money and why would he be more succesful with them?

Nah, pity he's gone as it was getting quite amusing, but for their own sake the club had to do it.

It's not important when you're more important than the players. It's not important when you're bigger than the players. It's not important when you're the best at your job. Players seem to have this care free attitude when it comes to football. Do what they want, hold clubs to ransom, disrespect themselves, their managers and their clubs and if they don't get their way they play like they cbf. He's better than all of the players, but its easier to be narrow minded and just sack him. Again as much as I hate the guy and think the one real mistake he made was EC, I still think they are now in a worse position.

I'd have dismissed the idea until Ron made those comments about saints lack of spending. Mourinho seems to me to have been angling for the sack, he's probably got something else lined up, you have to wonder what is going on behind the scenes.

Mourinho - is he a suitable case for treatment?

A man in his position should not have lost his temper so spectacularly at the first match against Swansea or treated the club doctor so badly but his behaviour continued to appear irrational, as shown by his statements after Saints' beat Chelsea 3-1.

If Chelsea, as a club, gave their manager the advice and support he needed to calm his behaviour and he failed to accept it, then dismissal was inevitable. If they did not, the club would have to share the blame for how things have gone. An apology after the Eva Carneiro incident saying his outburst was just in the heat of the moment could have changed everything.