Any Thoughts to Share Les Reed?

Suhari

You seemed to be in the press a lot this time last year, and in the Summer.

What was that comment about our plan to be poised to take one of the CL spaces in the event that any of the traditional big-boys fall away?

Not being negative....would just love to know your thinking on that plan right now?

Like you and your chum little Dickie wanted to do with the devil incarnate Cortese you mean. Still, at least he's gone. Priceless.

Oh no pal. That was you, all you. Your stock reply whenever you saw I had questioned Cortese on anything was the hilarious "when are we marching" line, Interesting you're now trying to turn it into something other people said. It was as equally hilarious as your other gag from that era, calling me part of the "Mitty gang" insisting I had several logins. Maybe it was more that people thought Cortese and yourself for that matter were a bigger div than most people realised at the time. Good to see you're still using my name though given all the effort you went to find it out. :lol:

we should all dress as clowns and march to the ground from Itchen bridge.

Dressing as clowns will show Les and Kat that we think they are running the club like a comedy show

if that does not work, someone should write an 'open letter' tot he board and post it on here. That ALWAYS works

One player in the middle of midfield will turn defeats into victories.

It really is that simple.

Obviously Morgan Schneiderlin isn't available, but that's the type of player that will make a huge difference.

A leader.

Romeu and JWP need time to develop their games. We either accept a period of development, which will result it a bottom half finish and possibly a relegation battle or we throw money at a quick fix.

The problem is that JWP, Clasie and Romeu will not get the game time experience to develop into the players we need.

Thoughts

Dressing as clowns will show Les and Kat that we think they are running the club like a comedy show

if that does not work, someone should write an 'open letter' tot he board and post it on here. That ALWAYS works

They can be effective but you have to remember that negative comments on an internet forum will have a detrimental impact on the performance on the pitch because the players definitely read all this stuff they do.

Get behind the lads FFS.

Edited by CB Fry

One player in the middle of midfield will turn defeats into victories.

It really is that simple.

Obviously Morgan Schneiderlin isn't available, but that's the type of player that will make a huge difference.

A leader.

Romeu and JWP need time to develop their games. We either accept a period of development, which will result it a bottom half finish and possibly a relegation battle or we throw money at a quick fix.

The problem is that JWP, Clasie and Romeu will not get the game time experience to develop into the players we need.

Thoughts

Trouble is having a period of developing these players, then as soon as they are developed those very same players will want to move on. So we would still have a bottom half finish.

Worked a treat lads!!

What a marvellous signing Shane Long has proven to be. He adds pace and movement to our front line which simply isn't there when he isn't. He of course for a long time held the proud record of saints winning every time he scored. Since that record has gone, through no fault of Shane's, he's this season proving his worth by being our most prolific attacking player with more goals v minutes played than anyone else in the squad. He really has turned into a key player for us. well done Shane and well done Les, a magnificent acquisition.

What a marvellous signing Shane Long has proven to be. He adds pace and movement to our front line which simply isn't there when he isn't. He of course for a long time held the proud record of saints winning every time he scored. Since that record has gone, through no fault of Shane's, he's this season proving his worth by being our most prolific attacking player with more goals v minutes played than anyone else in the squad. He really has turned into a key player for us. well done Shane and well done Les, a magnificent acquisition.

He had a good game today but I wouldn't go too nuts! Needs 10+ goals in a season before he matches up to the £12 million price tag.

Great job today though. Pace and aggression and some solid finishing as well at last.

He had a good game today but I wouldn't go too nuts! Needs 10+ goals in a season before he matches up to the £12 million price tag.

Great job today though. Pace and aggression and some solid finishing as well at last.

Still obsessing with the fee FFS. Do you want him in the squad or not? These ***ts that want to write off our players will no doubt been able to get thrice the value for £12m. Easy it is.

he's never got into double figures.

Does it matter? I doubt if we bought him as our main goal scoring option. He unsettles Premiership quality defences and that in itself is a major positive. Forget the price tag, it is well worth having this guy in the squad.

Would it matter if he cost £30m?

Of course the price matters.

Not now, I don't think it does.

Price always matters. If we spent £100k on long then it would not be unreasonable for the club to get another striker to come in.

It's like Osvaldo was just fine at £15m or what ever it was. When he clearly wasn't

Long is up there as one of our most expensive players in history. IMO he needs to be a lot better for us to justify that. I have always hoped he got a run as a central striker at the expense of Pelle. Now it seems he will and we can finally have a proper look at him.

Edited by Batman

Price always matters. If we spent £100k on long then it would not be unreasonable for the club to get another striker to come in.

It's like Osvaldo was just fine at £15m or what ever it was. When he clearly wasn't

Long is up there as one of our most expensive players in history. IMO he needs to be a lot better for us to justify that. I have always hoped he got a run as a central striker at the expense of Pelle. Now it seems he will and we can finally have a proper look at him.

But it's already been spent and is no longer relevant to the debate. Besides, in today's market £12m is not excessive for a team with aspirations of being in the upper half of the Premier League. Just take a look at all the other teams and see what they have been playing.

But it's already been spent and is no longer relevant to the debate. Besides, in today's market £12m is not excessive for a team with aspirations of being in the upper half of the Premier League. Just take a look at all the other teams and see what they have been playing.

I think we an all agree that Osvaldo was a good player for us for the money we paid.

Fair enough.

Batman once again providing the voice of reason.

He's not getting much joy though, so I'll have a go at spelling it out:

Look, gents, Shane Long isn't responsible for the fee that we paid for him. Its irrelevant to his ability as a footballer and character as a man.

HOWEVER.

The BENEFITS of Southampton Football Club securing the services of Mr Shane Long are inextricably linked to the price those services cost.

Get it?

Batman once again providing the voice of reason.

He's not getting much joy though, so I'll have a go at spelling it out:

Look, gents, Shane Long isn't responsible for the fee that we paid for him. Its irrelevant to his ability as a footballer and character as a man.

HOWEVER.

The BENEFITS of Southampton Football Club securing the services of Mr Shane Long are inextricably linked to the price those services cost.

Get it?

Wow. Enlightenment. Thanks. Point remains same old tw ats bang on about it endlessly. Games like Saturday should shut you up but alas no you can all spend £12m more wisely. No one has said it was good value as far I as I have read but get over it. Most are glad we have him.

[quote=ScepticalStan;2286624

He had a good game today but I wouldn't go too nuts!

Needs 10+ goals in a season before he matches up to the £12 million price tag.

... a strange statement to make?..... when we haven't even reached the half way point in the season yet.

Mind you, there will be people who .... if /when he passes the 10 goal mark....will say he really ought to get more as we paid so much for him...:rolleyes:

but they're the same people who tell us that the even-more catastrophic signings like Gaston and Osvaldo, really were good players who were never given a chance..:lol:.