Time to think about a change?

mattyd

I said on here months ago that Koeman looks disinterested you only have to look at and read the mans body language. I personally do not rate him I think tactically some of the decisions are awful. weshould of done alot better in Europe for one. we spent all that effort getting there what for? Signing clowns like coco Martina? Its a joke! You end up selling the core of the team and replace with budget dogs##t what do you expect? The likes of Stoke have signed quality! we as fans have been mugged off by the board....

Signing clowns like coco Martina?

Wasn't he with Billy Smart's circus?

Actually, being serious, I don't know what that signing was about. Just poor, unless there is something about him we haven't seen yet *desperate optimism*

Edited by Chalkboy

They all look the same apparently.

Anyone who suggests getting rid of Koeman at this point is a grade A ****ing idiot.

Why are they? awful performances and terrible run of form. Isn't getting the key players going.

Would you rather wait until after the transfer window has closed?

They all look the same apparently.

Anyone who suggests getting rid of Koeman at this point is a grade A ****ing idiot.

Anyone who suggests that someone is a grade A ****ing idiot because they voice an opinion on a football forum, is a grade A ****ing idiot I'm afraid, but then I'm suggesting it as well which makes me a grade A ****ing idiot too.

Get me outta here......... :shakey:

Some thoughts on possible changes ...

Perhaps play 2 up front allowing a more defensive minded left side

Pelle and Mane up top so that Mane doesn't have to beat 3 players to get a shot off

Romeu and wanyama in CM

Clasie in a more advanced role behind the two strikers

At least give a youth teams a sniff of a first team game seager or reed on the bench?

All of these before skipping straight to binning off the manager thanks :-)

I said on here months ago that Koeman looks disinterested you only have to look at and read the mans body language. I personally do not rate him I think tactically some of the decisions are awful. weshould of done alot better in Europe for one. we spent all that effort getting there what for? Signing clowns like coco Martina? Its a joke! You end up selling the core of the team and replace with budget dogs##t what do you expect? The likes of Stoke have signed quality! we as fans have been mugged off by the board....

This board is populated with some serious helmets. You are an expert on body language, but clearly not the English language. And I can only assume you think Cuco Martino looks like a chimp.

This is largely the same "budget dogs##t" that took us to 7th last season. Maybe that was an overachievement sure. Of the players we lost prior to this season only Schneiderlin was a serious blow in my opinion.

And so what if "the likes of Stoke" signed quality. Maybe they'll struggle a bit later this season too. Look how awesome they are all two points ahead of us.

We're not entitled to be any better than them anyway. what makes you think we should be?

Teams like Stoke, Palace, us .... there really isn't much difference between them. On a good day they'll be good. On a bad day they'll be bad. And there's a whole lot of in between days as well.

Even Leicester are going to come a cropper at some point. That's the likelihood anyway. Mind you I hope they don't. Would love it if they managed to pull off a top four finish.

The board are working on a business plan which is eighteen months to two years out of date. The 'Southampton Way' was more than a good strap line for a while, but the rules changed with the new TV deal.

You know it hasn't kicked in yet? Funny thing is that this season seems to be the first for many a moon where money isn't talking as much as it has done. Mahrez, Vardy £1.4m. Still as always about finding the right players.

Oh and before Stoke game we were 2nd in current form table. 5 games later sack the manager?

Again mad season for fluctuating form. Everton and Stoke were darlings and now dipped, now Norwich and Bournemouth are flying. The unstable Watford model isn't looking as ridiculous as many thought either.

You know it hasn't kicked in yet? Funny thing is that this season seems to be the first for many a moon where money isn't talking as much as it has done. Mahrez, Vardy £1.4m. Still as always about finding the right players.

Oh and before Stoke game we were 2nd in current form table. 5 games later sack the manager?

Again mad season for fluctuating form. Everton and Stoke were darlings and now dipped, now Norwich and Bournemouth are flying. The unstable Watford model isn't looking as ridiculous as many thought either.

It really is turning into a remarkable season. And it's pretty fun to watch the big big clubs come unstuck to some degree. Sadly right now we're not getting the benefits of that. But oh well.

Can't help but think that we're mirroring Swansea a tad. They had that great start to the season but then went on a run of 4 points from 12-13 games (I think). We're 1 point from the last 5 league games plus that thrashing from Liverpool in the league cup. For me parting with Koeman now seems laughable but if the run continues and we repeat Swansea's run then we may have to think the un-thinkable, no matter how unpalatable. Lets hope things turn!

We have certainly passed the baton for the mid sized clubs to Leicester this season. Good luck and hats off to them. I hope Ranieri wins the league with them. Such an upset of the established order has been long coming but getting closer. The big 4 superclubs' model is creaking and falling apart at the seams.

The frustration is clearly getting to Ron. When managers start talking about the wind (same for both teams last week) and then publicly criticise the players things are not good. By all means give them an arse kicking behind closed doors. This squad is more than capable of getting results as we saw a few weeks ago but Ron has his work cut out and although he said no one is for sale in January perhaps he needs to rethink that statement and do a bit of surgery.

Time to back the manager and get him some players he wants. Sacking Koeman is ludicrous. Sacking the board much less ludicrous.

Are you suggesting that RK hasn't or didn't get the players he wanted surely not ,but our form this calendar year is dreadful (im sure someone has the details of this ) so yes to think about sacking him would be very very harsh and i wouldnt want that , there must be some relief result wise soon.Leicester atm are doing what we found difficult to sustain last season and tbh i think theres every chance they will find themselves in the champions league spot at the end of the season.

At least IF we get relegated we can clear out the deadwood and rebuild with new players hungry to prove a point.

theres me thinking that players are on huge contracts that makes them almost impossible to shift and relegation means less income go enable you to swallow any losses. Relegation is not the solution to a clubs ills its the result of them. the only thing that gets cleared out is the bank account, oh and the last bit of quality you might have left. Relegation is not the end of the world, but dont wish for it...

its worth noting that both are not new signings in their first prem season. Perhaps we need to cut some of our new guys a little more slack. its the established players that are failing us. are any new signings in first prem season taking the league by storm? Payet maybe, but we will nevef know if that would have been the full season

theres me thinking that players are on huge contracts that makes them almost impossible to shift and relegation means less income go enable you to swallow any losses. Relegation is not the solution to a clubs ills its the result of them. the only thing that gets cleared out is the bank account, oh and the last bit of quality you might have left. Relegation is not the end of the world, but dont wish for it...

I am not wishing for it. However, I would assume the club has a contingency plan. After all, it tends come around in cycles for a club the size of Saints. I would say that the Board must have been aware there was a possibility of relegation at the start of the season. I also think that was why we engineered a fairly quick exit from Europe.

I agree, it is time to think about a change - but the change should be our approach to matches, not changing the manager. Koeman seems to be falling into the same mindset with Pelle and Wanyama as LvG has with Rooney - they are sometimes brilliant and so start every game, even if they've been poor for 4-5 games in a row.

Give Seager, Hesketh, Wood, Gape or McQueen a go. Sure, they're not 'Premier League standard' yet, but I think they would probably go out there and give it their all, and would mean the opposition haven't got much of an idea about how to deal with them before the game. Can a fresh and in-form Seager be much worse than an out-of-form Shane Long?

I am not wishing for it. However, I would assume the club has a contingency plan. After all, it tends come around in cycles for a club the size of Saints. I would say that the Board must have been aware there was a possibility of relegation at the start of the season. I also think that was why we engineered a fairly quick exit from Europe.

we engineered the exit from europe? Shame relegation doesnt clear out forum deadwood

we engineered the exit from europe? Shame relegation doesnt clear out forum deadwood

We engineered our exit from Europe because we were scared of relegation but at the same time the whole club was complacent following our recent success.

Even Daleks trolling routines, once the gold standard of relentlessly saying the same thing over and over again, have gone to pieces. He's all over the place.

But you can tell he is having a brilliant time and convinced he is simply hilarious.

Midfield has the consistency of Candy Floss, that's what needs to change.

and as RK has said we are too nice we just accept the refs decisions instead of getting in his ear like most other teams, yesterday Dembele, I think was constantly chirping at Friend. (Tadic waving the invisible card around is too far the other way though).

............ Or is our current demise a plan to get us to spent some proper money in January.

and as RK has said we are too nice we just accept the refs decisions instead of getting in his ear like most other teams, yesterday Dembele, I think was constantly chirping at Friend. (Tadic waving the invisible card around is too far the other way though).

............ Or is our current demise a plan to get us to spent some proper money in January.

Maybe it's a calculated plot to ensure our better players aren't poached for the third summer in a row. Who would take them om this form.

We engineered our exit from Europe because we were scared of relegation but at the same time the whole club was complacent following our recent success.

Even Daleks trolling routines, once the gold standard of relentlessly saying the same thing over and over again, have gone to pieces. He's all over the place.

But you can tell he is having a brilliant time and convinced he is simply hilarious.

You can snipe all you like. You know what I mean. We were complacent at the start of the season and perhaps ther were some who felt we did not have the capacity to be in Europe and to ensure our EPL status. The fact of the matter is, if I am trolling by mentioning the possibility of a relegation fight, then so are three quarters of the posters on this board.

I suggest CB FRy, you are trying to deflect from your own lack of insight into how things are.

Whether this was planned, it is now very clear that we do need some top quality signings. If we fail to do so, then I can only assume the Board have a contingency plan in the event of relegation or that they are more than confident of our survival this seaason.

You can snipe all you like. You know what I mean. We were complacent at the start of the season and perhaps ther were some who felt we did not have the capacity to be in Europe and to ensure our EPL status. The fact of the matter is, if I am trolling by mentioning the possibility of a relegation fight, then so are three quarters of the posters on this board.

I suggest CB FRy, you are trying to deflect from your own lack of insight into how things are.

You are trolling by rolling out your same comedy "opinions", and you can see you're treating this weekend as your Christmas Day.

Noticeable and gratifying you are getting fewer bites than previously and so you are notching up the trollery to desperately get a reaction which unfortunately is leaving a few holes in the comedy logic.

But, You are having a great time anyway so carry on fishing.

I'm not sure changing regularly helps long term. You have to put up with a poor season every now and then IMO.

BUT, you also have to be confident they can turn it round. Mourinho, I have no doubts that over the summer he'd have had a clear out and had Chelsea competing for the title again next season. With Koeman now? I don't know, I'm losing confidence in him.

The excuses and negativity are really annoying. Apparently our expectations are too high? Well what were they exactly? For me it was a good european run while maintaining mid-table form and playing some decent football. I accept a player might leave, all I want is decent investment each summer, quality over quantity. The quantity should come from the academy, it boosts the crowd too, people like seeing youngsters come through. Why on earth you wouldn't give Stephens or Turnbull a chance rather than Caulker I have no idea. Waste of thousands and thousands of pounds a week and gaining us absolutely zero points.

We shouldn't just be looking to replace players we should be improving. We signed hopeful players for the future, or cheap options. We had clear problems with Davis being no goal threat, Tadic being too inconsistent for our only playmaker, and Pelle not being mobile enough. Yet we did nothing about those problems.

If Koeman's response to poor form is to go more negative, to pack the midfield, play 3 DMs, then I'd rather he left. The freezing out of Ramirez when the first team is so poor creatively and everyone is so off form is bewildering. Why sign Juanmi and never play him? Why play Long and expect anything different to what he's done the previous 4 or 5 years in the premier league?

Add in the loss of form for Fonte, Wanyama simply not looking up for it and Mane not scoring much, and we're in trouble. The club needs a lift, it needs positivity and energy from Koeman, ambition in the transfer market and more bold consistent selections and tactics.

You mention expectations of the club. I have said many times, the most important expectation is to simply stay in the EPL. I am sure the board would be dlighted with a mid table finish and probably would settle for anything just above 18th at a push !