Arsenal Build Up

Toomer

Given the topsy turvy nature of the league we can win this if we go out with the right mentality.

Worried koeman's going to turn defensive which will lead to a drab loss as at city and palace.

Personally I'd drop wanyama(who either needs a serious kick to regain previous levels or a quick exit if spuds are still willing to pay) for Romeu.

Hopefully stek will be back.

We're not yet quite in a relegation dogfight but lose this & game away at West Ham and we will be.

I dreaded the match against Spurs today, I dreaded the match against Palace too as I feared we'd lose, but for some reason, I'm not feeling the same levels of dread against Arsenal. We could get something out of it.

Well my wife told me to stop being so negative so I'm trying :rolleyes:

I dreaded the match against Spurs today, I dreaded the match against Palace too as I feared we'd lose, but for some reason, I'm not feeling the same levels of dread against Arsenal. We could get something out of it.

Well my wife told me to stop being so negative so I'm trying :rolleyes:

Why? They are much better than the other teams we have lost to!

Why? They are much better than the other teams we have lost to!

Jeezus man, I'm trying to be positive!!! Allow me that! I've been negative for weeks. It's no bloody fun :uhoh:

Anyway, I just have a feeling we might get something out of it.............

Pathetic isn't it?

We need to beat the likes of Norwich and the other clubs in the bottom third. Even a narrow defeat against Arsenal will be acceptable.

The good thing about our slump is that it may have knocked out the arrogant complacency apparent at the start of the season. I did warn of this and have been proven correct in my assertion.

We need to beat the likes of Norwich and the other clubs in the bottom third. Even a narrow defeat against Arsenal will be acceptable.

The good thing about our slump is that it may have knocked out the arrogant complacency apparent at the start of the season. I did warn of this and have been proven correct in my assertion.

Yes yes you are an expert in negativity we get it.

The spectre of Bournemouth finishing above us this season is beginning to haunt us.

I wouldn't mind too much if we are both above 18th place ! A bigger nightmare is us going down, Bournemouth staying up, Brighton being promoted and P******* returning to League 1 !!!!!

Given the topsy turvy nature of the league we can win this if we go out with the right mentality.

Worried koeman's going to turn defensive which will lead to a drab loss as at city and palace.

Personally I'd drop wanyama(who either needs a serious kick to regain previous levels or a quick exit if spuds are still willing to pay) for Romeu.

Hopefully stek will be back.

We're not yet quite in a relegation dogfight but lose this & game away at West Ham and we will be.

I hope not. He ain't that great.

We always give Arsenal a game at home , expect a reaction I'd like to see Harry Reed come in for Wanyama to add some aggression playing next to Romeu with Clasie in place of Davis otherwise the same team !

I definitely would like to see Wanyama out.

i'd go with....for the next few games

--------------Gazza/Stek

Cedric----Fonte----VvD-------Bertrand

JWP-----Romeu----Clasie-----Tadic

-------------Mane

-------------Long

against spurs, we had big spaces between our players. Arsenal will tear us apart if we are so ridiculous in defence like that again

Edited by Batman

--------------Gazza/Stek

-------------Mane

-------------Long

against spurs, we had big spaces between our players. Arsenal will tear us apart if we are so ridiculous in defence like that again

Davis for JWP and that would be a decent line-up. JWP is exactly the sort of player Ronald was talking about yesterday. Also its always a disaster when Ronald takes Davis off, we lost what little bite and attacking abality we have in midfield. Granted yesterday he had a poor game, and the first goal was completely his fault initially.

Davis for JWP and that would be a decent line-up. JWP is exactly the sort of player Ronald was talking about yesterday. Also its always a disaster when Ronald takes Davis off, we lost what little bite and attacking abality we have in midfield. Granted yesterday he had a poor game, and the first goal was completely his fault initially.

fair point. we need to be far more compact when defending and way more fluid in attack.

Long is a bit of a headless chicken but for the good of the team, I feel we would be better served with this sort of line up.

more and more sides are going with a far more fluid front 2 or 3. Just watching watford now, Ighalo and deeney are constantly moving the liverpool defence all over the place.

we just dont do that

Pick the same back four, work on their awareness this week especially Soares and VVD. Pick a midfield and attack that will tear into Arsenal and harry them to death. Clasie, Romeu, Reed (If Wanyama can't be trusted) Mane, Long +1, From Tadic, Seager, Pelle. Only Koeman knows but Davis and JWP won't harry Arsenal to death or win the ball.

--------------Gazza/Stek

-------------Mane

-------------Long

Wars prowse should even be on the bench he is a terrible player.

Liverpool 66% possession lose 0-3. Liverpool 12 shots 4/5 on target. Watford 34% possession win 3-0, 6 shots, 5 on target 3 goals. Last week we had more possession lost, numerous other occasions we have lost with lots of possession. Pace, Aggression, get the ball up front through the defence and hunt it down, press and harry to get the ball and get it up front. 200 passes in our own half is just a waste of time, it's not how much of the ball you have it's what you do with it when you get it. We play too slowly and shoot poorly. Sort it out.

More teams are playing aggressively with two strikers and two banks of four, old fashioned but who wouldn't change places with 4-4-2 Leicester. Today Swansea are playing a diamond four and two up front, West Ham 4-1-4-1. Bournemouth and Watford 4-4-2. We could too as our formations aren't working. Mane Clasie, Romeu Tadic with Long and Pelle the more I think about it the better it looks.

The Gooners have never liked the physical stuff so let's get physical.Please?

How do we suddenly get physical? We can't roll Brian O'Neill out (or even Big John RIP). We don't have physical players, unless maybe you want to see Caulker start :scared: Our only remotely physical players are Vic and Davis, and look where they got us yesterday (OK, Romeu as well I guess).

0-4 to the Arse - they will show us how to play a fast passing game. We will slow down before passing the ball backwards or sideways, then losing the ball for them to counter on. It's become so predictable and lazy. Drop Pelle for Long, drop Wanyama for Reed/Romeu to pair with Clasie. Put Tadic in central behind Long. Put Ramirez or Seager on the left-wing. It cannot get any worse.