Cuco Martina

Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

Besides that utterly brilliant goal, he was the same as he's always been in my opinion: alright but no great shakes. Harsh as it is on the lad I'd probably start Cedric on Monday if he's fit.

That goal, though. Best since our promotion?

I'd take a bit of solidly unspectacular right now. Gave the right side good balance.

Defensively he looked pretty decent, only thing I noticed is that he was tending to get drawn towards the middle a bit too much, leaving space out wide.

Others covered or he recovered himself each time, so was possibly tactical by Koeman to contest the middle more. In any case, Arsenal weren't able to take advantage of it.

Did well defensively as well as the wonder goal.

Physically looks more of a PL player than Cedric has so far.

He made a TWO glaring mistakes that on another day could have cost us goals and then he would be getting slated. A poor headed clearance in the first half that lead to a shot on goal and a poor clearance in the second half that also lead to an attempt on goal.

He does look more solid and physical than Cedric though so he deserved to keep the shirt. I also hope he improves once match fitness and sharpness come along.

He made a TWO glaring mistakes that on another day could have cost us goals and then he would be getting slated. A poor headed clearance in the first half that lead to a shot on goal and a poor clearance in the second half that also lead to an attempt on goal.

This. On another day he would have been getting absolutely slated if the opposition had taken full advantage. He also several times stood rooted (a la Johnno Quick) not really knowing what to do. He more than made up for this with his attacking play and of course the goal which not only was a beauty but had the effect of lifting the team and restoring their confidence. I don't agree that defensively he is better than Cedric, who apart from his last game against Spuds has been defensively sound for some time now.

This. On another day he would have been getting absolutely slated if the opposition had taken full advantage. He also several times stood rooted (a la Johnno Quick) not really knowing what to do. He more than made up for this with his attacking play and of course the goal which not only was a beauty but had the effect of lifting the team and restoring their confidence. I don't agree that defensively he is better than Cedric, who apart from his last game against Spuds has been defensively sound for some time now.

apart from going to sleep a few times at the back stick just like he did against spurs. Just they scored from it

against palace and villa that springs to mind