Cuco Martina

Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

• 8 months later...

The only pity in my books is that we won't get a fee for him. Still we will save the threepence a week on wages :-)

Mind you (meant or not) cracking goal against Arsenal - without that I might struggle to remember he ever played for us.

Good riddance. One of the worst players we've ever had since our return to the Premier League. No idea what Koeman sees in him.

Harsh. Cuco was pretty limited, but did a surprisingly decent job in his first season.

Won't be missed, but given how little we paid for a back up player, he served his purpose. Good luck to him.

Seemed very popular and I enjoyed his contribution to the club, not least in scoring probably the best goal i've ever seen live. Could think of worse back-up right backs, good luck to him. But yes, not the world-class full back that Everton think they ought to be signing.

With Coleman injured long term, a Europa League campaign and Holgate the only right-back they have then I can see why it makes sense for them to sign Martina. He can fill in when needed and won't expect to play much, and the management team there know him.

He 'did a job' for us and whilst he was a very limited footballer he seemed a good professional. Good luck to him.

Good riddance. One of the worst players we've ever had since our return to the Premier League. No idea what Koeman sees in him.

Bit harsh that. He cost us peanuts, was signed as a backup, always gave 100% and of course scored that goal. A nice fella too, I have heard.

• 2 weeks later...
Lloyd's Isgrove tweeted a while back now that he and. Martina had been offered contracts at Blackburn, but nothing seems to have happened since.

They're getting paid until July 1st so they can afford to wait and see if any other offers come in. I'd think that was a good move for Isgrove and a terrible one for Martina.

Edited by The9

• 1 month later...
Decent lower Prem player, no idea why he got so much grief...because Eden Hazard made him look a fool one time? Well, bugger me, every defender must be sh*t.

Weird signing for Everton though.

No, it's because he was literally **** 90% of the time he played for us to the extent that teams purposely targeted his flank when he played.

Decent lower Prem player, no idea why he got so much grief...because Eden Hazard made him look a fool one time? Well, bugger me, every defender must be sh*t.

Weird signing for Everton though.

I'd argue that Frazer Richardson was a better right back than him. Cuco would struggle in the Championship, hence why only League 1 club Blackburn were in for him. He must have some dirt on RK.

He is no where near as bad as people are making out. Not a top quality full back by any means but a decent back up player for squad depth.

True.

Especially when you consider our lowest benchmark of player being Ali Dia, given the amount of match time he had Cucu had, 2 separate managers obviously thought something of his abilities, certainly launched a few tasty troublesome balls into the box from the wings under Koeman. Defensively certainly wasn't the worst we have had either, I remember VVD going for a sortie up field the attack broke down and the oppos were off down our left Cucu departed the right wing ran diagonally across the pitch smashed the ball into the Itchen and cleanly wiped out the attacker too. As he trotted back over to the right Bertie, Virgil, and Jose all gave him a hearty well done pat on the back.

Knew his place and his abilities, never kicked up a fuss, scored a brilliant goal, and considering he cost us bobbins gave decent value for it.

He is no where near as bad as people are making out. Not a top quality full back by any means but a decent back up player for squad depth.

He was probably worse than most people are making out. Apart from scoring a terrific goal he literally did nothing else. Had to be coached by Fonte when playing, he was so useless defensively. Going forward he was not even average. He has something on Erwin. Lovely bloke but **** footballer.