Koeman mirror intervuew

Roger

Seems pretty clear tbh. If he goes it's because he reckons we lack ambition. If he signs an extension then he's confident that he'll get £££'s to spend. This replicates his 'I'm not a project coach' interview recently. I've got no problem with that - the man's got ambition and only wants to stick around if the club do as well.

Seems pretty clear tbh. If he goes it's because he reckons we lack ambition. If he signs an extension then he's confident that he'll get £££'s to spend. This replicates his 'I'm not a project coach' interview recently. I've got no problem with that - the man's got ambition and only wants to stick around if the club do as well.

Spot on.

Same as Pochetinno then. I wonder if our fans will all turn against him when he leaves too?

Guess unlike some on here. Ron wants some money spent

Who on here doesn't want any money spent? Stick the quotes up.

And Of course Koeman does. Most managers want as much money to spend as possible. They're not directly concerned with long term financial planning.

Football is a business, for fans it's a passion.......fora company to grow you must speculate.... speculate to accumulate. we ae doing OK not brilliant but we are avoiding the trap of over spending, if we can find a couple of gems, and keep our accademy churning we will be fine. just need to get to a level where we can keep hold of our best, might take a while, but i think we will be ok, happy new year! Saints Army :)

Guess it means we won't be seeing many from the academy coming through if RK stays. And there I was thinking that he told everyone that he liked to bring through the youngsters like Poch did. Well, he hasn't and it looks like he won't either.

Koeman has just given a reply to a question that every manager would say when responding. Alex Crookof****e has simply tried to sensationalize the whole thing. When ANY manager is going to sign a renewed contract many factors will decide that outcome.

Guess it means we won't be seeing many from the academy coming through if RK stays. And there I was thinking that he told everyone that he liked to bring through the youngsters like Poch did. Well, he hasn't and it looks like he won't either.

How have you arrived at that?

Who from the academy would you have bought through? From the games I have seen and that's quite a few none are of the quality of the previous lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Koeman has just given a reply to a question that every manager would say when responding. Alex Crookof****e has simply tried to sensationalize the whole thing. When ANY manager is going to sign a renewed contract many factors will decide that outcome.

not sure what Crook has done wrong here.

Koeman is quoted in saying he will stay IF the ambition and money to spend and grow remains.

which is fair enough really. He is almost saying, sign me up to the saints board

Stay after the 18 months he has left is what he says. I am sure he said something similar in his first interview after taking the job.

We will sell Wanyama. He will have 12 months left on his contract & he will double his salary. I for one, would not want bust the wage structure to keep him.

I simply can't see us paying £100k pw for a long time.

It's in the echo and its extended on there. Nothing to do with Alex crook. He's obviously said what he's said and he's dead right. Either the board need to spend more on transfers and wages otherwise we aren't going to progress. It's not like the academy is flourishing is it? Katerina has done very well the club but now to move on I feel we are going to need extra investment as in the premier league if you stand still you actually drop. We haven't just stood still we have got quite a bit worse by selling our best 3 players last summer obv Toby was on loan but we lost him. No club has lost 9 first team players as we have in the last two years.

Batman

The story crook has written is old regurgitated news . RK was asked that question several months ago and all crook is doing is reporting what RK said back then . It is not something new he has said

the main piece was by Adam Leitch. The Echo chief sports writer. And quoted from yesterday by Koeman

so it is clearly a new thing he has said in that he is reminding the club where he stands

other than that. Just made up mumbo jumbo from the media with little better to do

Batman

The story crook has written is old regurgitated news . RK was asked that question several months ago and all crook is doing is reporting what RK said back then . It is not something new he has said

Still waging your one man crusade against BBC scum, Adam Blackmore, Vikes?

Edited by shurlock

As Ronald would say himself, "It's difficult".

The Manchester clubs and Arsenal have huge capacity stadiums; Spuds and Chelsea are constructing them in the near future; West Ham have been given one by us , the taxpayer; and that is six clubs already with far greater spending power than us. Add the Liverpool clubs and a top ten finish for the likes of us, Stoke, Palace etc is realistically as good as it gets .

Is that a lack of ambition, or should the club be extending St Marys to becoming the top club for the shires south of Birmingham ?

"Ronald Koeman: Southampton must splash the cash... or I'm off"

"Southampton boss Ronald Koeman fires warning shot at club chiefs over his Saints future"

ha aha Alex Crook of ****e at his finest, the only embarassing thing is despite numerous scummy comments from him hes still allowed anywhere near Southampton FC

Utter sensationalist drivel

As Ronald would say himself, "It's difficult".

The Manchester clubs and Arsenal have huge capacity stadiums; Spuds and Chelsea are constructing them in the near future; West Ham have been given one by us , the taxpayer; and that is six clubs already with far greater spending power than us. Add the Liverpool clubs and a top ten finish for the likes of us, Stoke, Palace etc is realistically as good as it gets .

Is that a lack of ambition, or should the club be extending St Marys to becoming the top club for the shires south of Birmingham ?

There's also the misfiring big clubs, Newcastle, Sunderland and Villa to name a few who have bigger stadiums and possibly fan base therefore the potential for more commercial income? I think Palace are also looking at expansion of their stadium. Although match day income isn't as important as it was previously given the sky money, it's still got to impact?

As you say really difficult!

Has Koeman not been backed by the club then? I'm struggling to think of a manager who has been allowed to sign so many players that are clearly his choices in a long time.

Exactly this. We are a Ronald Koeman team from front to back to bench. And he's had far more to spend assembling said team than, say, Claudio Ranieri.

"Ronald Koeman: Southampton must splash the cash... or I'm off"

"Southampton boss Ronald Koeman fires warning shot at club chiefs over his Saints future"

ha aha Alex Crook of ****e at his finest, the only embarassing thing is despite numerous scummy comments from him hes still allowed anywhere near Southampton FC

Utter sensationalist drivel

Those who write the copy for the newspaper do not write the headlines or even the stand first. That's done by the newspaper's own sub-editors, at their offices.

As Koeman says , the really good players won't come to Southampton.

Thats it in a nutshell .

Either the board invest in a higher quality player or we will simply drop down the league like a stone .

Maybe not this season but we will be left behind

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Batman

Typical deluded fan believing what they want to believe.

Thats it in a nutshell .

Either the board invest in a higher quality player or we will simply drop down the league like a stone .

Well, it could be this season. Our current form is dreadful.

Thats it in a nutshell .

ermmmm ......

Thats it in a nutshell .

Of course really good players can come to saints.

If palace and Stoke can sign cabeye, Bojan and shaquiri. Then so can we, I'd like to think

ermmmm ......

You're confused ?

When was the last time Saints bought a top class player ? The type of player who can change a game ?

We have developed good players yes but they then get sold off .

Osvaldo was desperate and still didn't want to come .

I agree with Koemans quote . Seems odd you're confused

If palace and Stoke can sign cabeye, Bojan and shaquiri. Then so can we, I'd like to think

I think Koemans point is that we won't pay whats required . Its a choice the board make .

Of course we have the means . We just don't have the desire .

Anyway thats my 3 posts for the night . Enjoy ?

You're confused ?

When was the last time Saints bought a top class player ? The type of player who can change a game ?

Lambert.... (different level granted)

I am confused because you say we need to sign quality players but you also say they won't come to saints.... so we're a bit ****ed aren't we?

I think Koemans point is that we won't pay whats required . Its a choice the board make .

Anyway thats my 3 posts for the night . Enjoy ��

Now that's a shame

Yeah, your idea of a really good player and RKs is somewhat different I suspect. He's talking about the likes of Messi and Bale...

You're confused ?

Mane is a top class player.

Tend to agree - ok, so maybe we got in to more debt than the owner wanted and scaled back for a while (which is fair enough), but that should be over now, unless KL wants all her investment back (which does not make sense, as why would she convert the loan to equity in that case?). Anyway, it seems that football (particularly PL) is not a vehicle for ROI (return on investment), so she either does it for the love of football/Saints (very much doubt it), or her father or son. Otherwise the best way is to sell at a profit and consider it a fun ride. There are a lot better and safer ways to get ROI than investing in a PL club, so if that is the motivation (which I am not sure it is) then sell wisely and move on - no true SFC fan will think badly of you, and will always be grateful to your father.

I am not suggesting we over stretch our selves, but we need to invest whatever we can back in to the club to keep progressing, and make a modest profit. So if you don't love football and Saints why would you do it? Who knows maybe KL/son have really fallen in love with our club, but not sure myself.

Exactly this. We are a Ronald Koeman team from front to back to bench. And he's had far more to spend assembling said team than, say, Claudio Ranieri.

And to this point - players bought (since his arrival) maybe RK's sole choice (which I doubt), but when you ask to buy a Ferrari and get given the budget for a Fiat, what are you supposed to do? It is now openly accepted that we are on a bottom four budget and only club to have profited from player transfers - how do you expect to attract even average PL players on that basis? The piper calls the tune of course, but let's not expect it to be the Christmas #1 single!

Oh - and as for Leicester, let's just see how they do next year and the year after, after the big boys get used to their style of play. We had a very good 1st/2nd season in PL as well.

Tend to agree - ok, so maybe we got in to more debt than the owner wanted and scaled back for a while (which is fair enough), but that should be over now, unless KL wants all her investment back (which does not make sense, as why would she convert the loan to equity in that case?). Anyway, it seems that football (particularly PL) is not a vehicle for ROI (return on investment), so she either does it for the love of football/Saints (very much doubt it), or her father or son. Otherwise the best way is to sell at a profit and consider it a fun ride. There are a lot better and safer ways to get ROI than investing in a PL club, so if that is the motivation (which I am not sure it is) then sell wisely and move on - no true SFC fan will think badly of you, and will always be grateful to your father.

I am not suggesting we over stretch our selves, but we need to invest whatever we can back in to the club to keep progressing, and make a modest profit. So if you don't love football and Saints why would you do it? Who knows maybe KL/son have really fallen in love with our club, but not sure myself.

And to this point - players bought (since his arrival) maybe RK's sole choice (which I doubt), but when you ask to buy a Ferrari and get given the budget for a Fiat, what are you supposed to do? It is now openly accepted that we are on a bottom four budget and only club to have profited from player transfers - how do you expect to attract even average PL players on that basis? The piper calls the tune of course, but let's not expect it to be the Christmas #1 single!

Oh - and as for Leicester, let's just see how they do next year and the year after, after the big boys get used to their style of play. We had a very good 1st/2nd season in PL as well.