Koeman mirror intervuew

Roger

I don't understand, on the one hand Koeman only wants to sign one player in January and then only if JRod and Pelle are going to be out for a period of time. Then saying he will stay if the club has the ambition to press on. Of course it is not just buying top quality players but keeping the ones we already have.

I don't understand, on the one hand Koeman only wants to sign one player in January and then only if JRod and Pelle are going to be out for a period of time. Then saying he will stay if the club has the ambition to press on. Of course it is not just buying top quality players but keeping the ones we already have.

True.

Just can't see why we want to and need to sell mane. Should be a saints next season

True.

Just can't see why we want to and need to sell mane. Should be a saints next season

It's only acceptable to me if it's for very big money and in order to fund the signing of 6 or 7 quality players. I'd rather we kept him and got our scouts to actually come up with some cheap players other than the best performing players in the 2nd tier of European leagues

You're confused ?

When was the last time Saints bought a top class player ? The type of player who can change a game ?

We have developed good players yes but they then get sold off .

Osvaldo was desperate and still didn't want to come .

I agree with Koemans quote . Seems odd you're confused

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I read the 'ermm' comment as pointing out the contradiction highlighted in red in your post

"Ronald Koeman: Southampton must splash the cash... or I'm off"

"Southampton boss Ronald Koeman fires warning shot at club chiefs over his Saints future"

ha aha Alex Crook of ****e at his finest, the only embarassing thing is despite numerous scummy comments from him hes still allowed anywhere near Southampton FC

Utter sensationalist drivel

Does the journalist have control over the headline? Just asking. Perhaps one of our journo posters could tell us.

It's only acceptable to me if it's for very big money and in order to fund the signing of 6 or 7 quality players. I'd rather we kept him and got our scouts to actually come up with some cheap players other than the best performing players in the 2nd tier of European leagues

How can selling mane fund six quality players, isn't that what we have been doing

and is what can't work forever.

What's the going rate for a quality PL level player these days 12 million? So we need to sell Mane in the region of 72 million for that scenario to work....should have no problem getting that for a forward who hasn't scored since October :lol:

I cant see who would want Mane for the money we would want?

he has been pretty average this season and no way worth £30m+

I think this is right - no idea why Man U or Bayern would genuinely want him in the summer if he carries on as he is. I was hoping he would have a barn storming season, maybe break his own hat trick record and then we cash in big style when it becomes inevitable that he would go. Not quite worked out like that this season.

On current form I think slightly more likely we've got him for one more season.

I think this is right - no idea why Man U or Bayern would genuinely want him in the summer if he carries on as he is. I was hoping he would have a barn storming season, maybe break his own hat trick record and then we cash in big style when it becomes inevitable that he would go. Not quite worked out like that this season.

On current form I think slightly more likely we've got him for one more season.

This is Koemans fault as he's not able to improve players. If Pochetino was still here he'd have improved him so much this season we'd be able to sell him for £30m to a champions league club. As it is it looks like we're stuck with him.

I cant see who would want Mane for the money we would want?

he has been pretty average this season and no way worth £30m+

Superb against Arsenal and has been at the heart of most creative things Saints have done this season. Mane will be in demand come the Summer and in my view 30 million will be a starting price several Clubs will be willing to meet. I hope he stays - he's a brilliant player; it's just a pity RK has switched him from right to left wing; attacking mid and striker to fill the gaps for most of the 19 games so far.

What's the going rate for a quality PL level player these days 12 million? So we need to sell Mane in the region of 72 million for that scenario to work....should have no problem getting that for a forward who hasn't scored since October :lol:

I wouldn't sell Mane for less than 35m. If nobody wants to pay that then he stays for one more season and with his contract position we are able to do that. We'll get maybe 10 for wanyama and 7 or 8 for pelle. You can buy 6 good quality players for that sort of money, but I'd rather we stopped throwing 8-10 million fees around like it's nothing and actually did some more proper scouting. There will be some good players out of contract this summer as always and if our scouting set up is as good as we are told it is then we should be able to find a gem or two for cheap fees now and then. If other clubs can do it then why shouldn't we be able to?

We could lose 6 first team squad players from the wage bill this summer (Kelvin, Stek, Caulker, Wanyama, Ramirez, Pelle) so I see no reason for us not to replace them with 6 players coming in.

Reserve keeper, a right back, a wanyama replacement, 2 wide attacking players and a striker. If we sell mane we will need to replace him as well

Serious question. Do you think any of our players are any good?

Bertrand, fonte, VvD in most games, Davis, Vic when on form, tadic, mane, long in patches and Forster when fit. If Rodriguez ever gets back to what he was, which is debatable.

None of them are good enough for genuine champions league sides. Not from this season anyway. Apart from Bertrand maybe

Be amazed if anyone will pay what we would want for mane. Which I will assume is £30m+

Edited by Batman

Bertrand, fonte, VvD in most games, Davis, Vic when on form, tadic, mane, long in patches and Forster when fit. If Rodriguez ever gets back to what he was, which is debatable.

None of them are good enough for genuine champions league sides. Not from this season anyway. Apart from Bertrand maybe

In which case that is a good thing isn't it? It means they wont get poached by any of the top 4 clubs ;) What about Vic? Hasn't he been linked to Arsenal though?

In which case that is a good thing isn't it? It means they wont get poached by any of the top 4 clubs ;) What about Vic? Hasn't he been linked to Arsenal though?

Be nice to see a few other clubs all lose their best players this summer. Which surely had to happen??

Be nice to see a few other clubs all lose their best players this summer. Which surely had to happen??

Do you really think that CL level players will not actually move to CL level clubs eventually? Tell you what. Go off and support Everton or Stoke or whichever club you currently have a thing for and see what it is like supporting them for a few seasons. Then report back and tell us all how you got on.

Do you really think that CL level players will not actually move to CL level clubs eventually? Tell you what. Go off and support Everton or Stoke or whichever club you currently have a thing for and see what it is like supporting them for a few seasons. Then report back and tell us all how you got on.

Cheers for that.

Cheers for that.

I am serious. You think that the club is run by a bunch of clowns so perhaps you ought to spend some time elsewhere to get some kind of perspective. By the way, go look at Steven Davis's article. He seems to think that the club is well run even if you don't.

I am serious. You think that the club is run by a bunch of clowns so perhaps you ought to spend some time elsewhere to get some kind of perspective. By the way, go look at Steven Davis's article. He seems to think that the club is well run even if you don't.

Where have I said the club is run by a bunch of clowns?

Not too sure why you are getting a bit uppity.

Where have I said the club is run by a bunch of clowns?

Not too sure why you are getting a bit uppity.

You must think something along those lines because you are always complaining about something...

You clearly have no faith in the club,board or the players, why do you bother?

You must think something along those lines because you are always complaining about something...

You clearly have no faith in the club,board or the players, why do you bother?

You clearly don't like any of the saints fans, whether they are moaning, not making enough noise or making personal attacks on them.

You clearly don't like any of the saints fans, whether they are moaning, not making enough noise or making personal attacks on them.

Roger...I like Saints fans but struggle to understand people who have nothing good to say ever about the team

they say they support, the 2 don`t seem to match up...are you one of those..?

I have no idea what you mean by the "making noise" bit...sorry.

I'm less confident lately about RK's abilities. I hope he gets the backing he needs and that he can find a way to give us some consistent results....One thing that I will never doubt is his honesty, integrity and sense of fair play. When he does go, it will be amicable and for the right reasons.

Roger...I like Saints fans but struggle to understand people who have nothing good to say ever about the team

they say they support, the 2 don`t seem to match up...are you one of those..?

I have no idea what you mean by the "making noise" bit...sorry.

But some people just do it as they care and worry. Positive is clasie performance so far getting better every game.