Koeman to walk?

Huffton

:lol::lol: And another joins the club of 'patronising ****s who think they know it all', hopefully Turkish and CB Fry will be throwing you a welcome party. What a chump.

Ahh bless, you're hurting. Although your determination to post about CB or me at every opportunity is slightly worrying. Do you open every thread excitedly hoping to see a post from one of your heroes?

Interesting Stokes best player is on 70K a week anyone now how that compares to saints?

About the same. It's just their biggest earners are actually their best players and play for them every week. Our best paid players over the last few years have been Gaston Ramirez, Dani Osvaldo and Shane Long.

Osvaldo and Ramirez combined will have cost the club over 40 million. Thank you Nicola Cortese, thank you

Do not believe all you read in the press.

The contract will be made up of appearance bonus, win/draw bonus, scoring bonus, and those bonuses will depend on position in the league after each game. Those bonuses will be fairly high even as much as 40 - 50% of the finally "reported" figure. Gaston will not have been picking up anywhere near £60K per week.

Just a thought on our transfer business if we sell a player like schneiderlin for 25m+ 60k a week wages,

Why can we not just go out and replace him for a simular priced player on same wages.

I don't believe this rubbish about we can not attract a 25 million pound player if we are paying him more then he currently earns he will come.

Just a thought on our transfer business if we sell a player like schneiderlin for 25m+ 60k a week wages,

Why can we not just go out and replace him for a simular priced player on same wages.

I don't believe this rubbish about we can not attract a 25 million pound player if we are paying him more then he currently earns he will come.

Because our transfer policy seems to always involve getting more for less. More players signed than leave and for the same sort of amount, thus the quality is susceptible to decline. Morgan wasn't on a great deal when he left, 35K'ish I believe, so replacing him with Clasie and Romeu probably costs us more on the salary front than Morgan himself.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Probably not a lot of 25 million pound players earning less than what they could earn Southampton though....

Also we have absolutely gouged several big clubs with regards to player sales players like Lovern and Lallana where not worth (IMO) any where near what we got for them.

Edited by doddisalegend

About the same. It's just their biggest earners are actually their best players and play for them every week. Our best paid players over the last few years have been Gaston Ramirez, Dani Osvaldo and Shane Long.

Osvaldo and Ramirez combined will have cost the club over 40 million. Thank you Nicola Cortese, thank you

£40m for those two, £40m for a training ground worth £20m, countless legal costs, a decline in commercial income despite climbing two divsions to play in the most watched league in the world. An outstanding businessman, it's no wonder AC Milan courted him for so long them snapped him up when he was available, oh wait....

£40m for those two, £40m for a training ground worth £20m, countless legal costs, a decline in commercial income despite climbing two divsions to play in the most watched league in the world. An outstanding businessman, it's no wonder AC Milan courted him for so long them snapped him up when he was available, oh wait....

And people wonder why we have sold so many players and not been able to have a net spend the last two summers like other clubs. Wasn't there also another 20 odd million we owed in transfer fees as well as a loan from Vibrac?

And people wonder why we have sold so many players and not been able to have a net spend the last two summers like other clubs. Wasn't there also another 20 odd million we owed in transfer fees as well as a loan from Vibrac?

Still do pal. The market value of the club is still much higher than the combined value of the debt and equity. It's been a very tidy investment. FACT.

Interesting Stokes best player is on 70K a week anyone now how that compares to saints?

wouldn't be surprised if Fonte was on that now. Having seen chumps like Osvaldo come in on bigger wages and fail, his agent will have secured a tidy rise when he signed that latest deal.

Very good point. Top earners are/have provided the least return.

When did Osvaldo's pay off happen? Was that before the season? Will that count towards this years/seasons wage bill?

Very good point. Top earners are/have provided the least return.

When did Osvaldo's pay off happen? Was that before the season? Will that count towards this years/seasons wage bill?

No I think they did it before the end of June to include it in the 2014/15 season figures

wouldn't be surprised if Fonte was on that now. Having seen chumps like Osvaldo come in on bigger wages and fail, his agent will have secured a tidy rise when he signed that latest deal.

Particularly as he switched agents to Jorge Mendes at the start of the season, and the first thing he did was get him a new contract.

Still do pal. The market value of the club is still much higher than the combined value of the debt and equity. It's been a very tidy investment. FACT.

Would of been an even tidier investment without the 100m waste of extra training ground fees and Gaston, Forren and Osvaldo fees and wages

Would of been an even tidier investment without the 100m waste of extra training ground fees and Gaston, Forren and Osvaldo fees and wages

Well done for plucking that figure out of your ****

IQ= idiot quotient?

Edited by shurlock

You forgot to mention his height.

I wonder if Watford in the Premier League will manage to increase their commercial revenue to above the level of Watford in the Championship?

It's a tough ask because it's not something the greatest businessman world football has ever known managed to do with us, but good luck to them.

Thats our main downfall we never replace like for like, always a cheap replacement & then the board trot out the lie that any money from player sales is all reinvested in the team, is it hell

Thats our main downfall we never replace like for like, always a cheap replacement & then the board trot out the lie that any money from player sales is all reinvested in the team, is it hell

So where is the money going have you checked the accounts because if you have not I doubt that you are correct

Koeman's own column in the De Telegraaf today: http://www.telegraaf.nl/premium/telesport/voetbal/buitenlands/24972189/___Koeman__Geen_paniek__.html?lightbox=false

Do not panic at Southampton

Ronald Koeman

Southampton breaks an important week. We have three home games against Crystal Palace today for the FA Cup, Wednesday against Watford and then at the weekend against West Bromwich Albion, both for the Premier League. We have the opportunity to achieve good results and that would be fine after some setbacks.

Everyone realizes that our club in the previous season was above normal and that this season would be difficult. We all except play bad football, but we have many opportunities needed to make a goal.

There are exceptions in a difficult period. Against Arsenal it was quite a time, and then we promptly won 4-0 the leader. Because when we got the room.

From West Ham United was the game's first three quarters fantastic. We had, I express myself still modest, in the calm with 2-0 should stand for. Then West Ham has no more faith and power. Now it was only 1-0 for us and came back West Ham. Norwich out was another separate story. One shot at goal and nothing else of Norwich, but we lost it.

With a few injuries and the changes that took place in the summer, you know that it can be equally difficult in a given period. By Graziano Pelle and the England international Jay Rodriguez, a real attacker with great scoring ability, for example, we missed two good strikers. The club understands that well. Nobody is worried and panic is not involved.

"With club in talks about future"

-

It is true that the club talks to me about the distant future. The proportions are excellent. We are constantly in contact with each other, talk about ambitions and budgets, but it is not necessary for me to take all decisions now. My contract runs a year anyway.

I also enjoy every day with my staff of our work here. Just take the start of the FA Cup this weekend. Since my youth is the image of those managers, who with their team onto the Wembley pitch for the final of the FA Cup, in my head. It is a huge amount of competition with regard to all over the world. It is for everyone an incredible achievement when you get Wembley.

The route is long, but also Aston Villa drew last year nearly the finals. So why would it be for Southampton as a club can not among the top six? You also need to have some luck in the draw.

I go there with my team full of how important the Premier League is for us. I do not believe in the rotation with players in different leagues. Others may do it, but in the Europa League and League Cup I did earlier this season either. I choose as a coach likes continuity at all positions. Moreover, the large clubs have more quality to choose from.

^ strong team today and wants a proper tilt at the cup.

Might sign a contract, no rush, depends on board showing ambition and the budget.

We put out a strong side in the Europa cup ( barring Wanyama who threw his toys out).

We put a strong side side out against a supposed weakened Liverpool in the cup....

I understand what you say but our 'strong' side isn't very err strong.

Devoid of ideas.....powder puff defence and invariably ridiculous decision making by Koeman.

I'm not fussed if he signs another contract.

The public slating of our academy was just another sign of him seeming uninterested and unable to change things.

I know this view won't be popular....but this season has been an anti climax thus far.....if we lose today some serious questions need to be answered by all the hierarchy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We put out a strong side in the Europa cup ( barring Wanyama who threw his toys out).

We put a strong side side out against a supposed weakened Liverpool in the cup....

Devoid of ideas.....powder puff defence and invariably ridiculous decision making by Koeman.

The public slating of our academy was just another sign of him seeming uninterested and unable to change things.

I know this view won't be popular....but this season has been an anti climax thus far.....if we lose today some serious questions need to be answered by all the hierarchy!

This season has been an anti climax. Hardly a controversial view.

This season has been an anti climax. Hardly a controversial view.

It is if you're one of those numpties who thought we were on the verge of becoming part of the top 6/7 elite in English football. If only the board had made Poch stay, kept all our players (against their wishes) and we'd invested millions more we'd have kept improving our league position season after season forever....

Plus this is saint Lard who thinks back to back promotions are a failure..........

It is if you're one of those numpties who thought we were on the verge of becoming part of the top 6/7 elite in English football. If only the board had made Poch stay, kept all our players (against their wishes) and we'd invested millions more we'd have kept improving our league position season after season forever....

Plus this is saint Lard who thinks back to back promotions are a failure..........

Relax. You're trying too hard.

I mean it was all so very easy to do all of that so frankly amazed that we didn't just do it. Probably because that evil big foreign woman wants to keep all the money and hates us or something.

Be honest mush you hate every manager we get, we hav`nt forgotten your hateful posts against NA

I never said I hated Koeman.......I'm just getting increasingly frustrated with him,his currant demeanour seems frankly depressing and he seems devoid of anything positive at the moment.

Adkins was just very mediocre......and disappointing with what he had at his disposal.

I liked Pardew immensely and wished we had him still....the same with Pochettino.

Let's just forget Wigley, Poortvliet, Wotte,Gray,Wise,Bassett,Redknapp and alike.

WGS was great....as was many of his predecessors,bar Branfoot.

I don't think I'm far off the mark with those.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I never said I hated Koeman.......I'm just getting increasingly frustrated with him,his currant demeanour seems frankly depressing and he seems devoid of anything positive at the moment.

Adkins was just very mediocre......and disappointing with what he had at his disposal.

I liked Pardew immensely and wished we had him still....the same with Pochettino.

Let's just forget Wigley, Poortvliet, Wotte,Gray,Wise,Bassett,Redknapp and alike.

WGS was great....as was many of his predecessors,bar Branfoot.

I don't think I'm far off the mark with those.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

100% this - his moaning about the team/players reminds me of redknapp

I think there is no chance Koeman will stay unless he gets unrealistic amount of money to spend.

This sounds a bit like Poch putting off committing to the club. Throw in publicly slating the academy for not being good enough. My guess there is a little thing going on behinds the scenes and he knows he has the fans on-side.

throw in that we keep losing. He must be under real pressure.

I think staying up will be a big result

Edited by Batman

I don't think koeman has the answers anymore I honestly don't, it's like he's lost faith in the whole team & himself and that's never a good thing!

Sadly, I'm inclined to agree with this....tactically there are so many odd/bad decisions, and his transfer market dealings don't inspire at all. How good a coach is he technically when a lot of our players don't actually seem to be developing as well as they did under previous managers???

Be surprised if he is our manager at the last game of the season.

he will get sacked if results carry on like this in the next couple of weeks

Has he ever been asked in an interview whether he fears for his job? Considering our run I be surprised if he hadn't but can't recall any mention of such a question in the media.