Wanyama and Mane, Boo or cheer??

IOWSaintDaz

As we are at home for our nexr 3 games

Palace in the FA cup, Watford and then West Brom

Given that Wanyama will now miss the Palace game due to suspension, if Koeman plays Mane and Wanyama in front of home crowds what reception do you think they will get from the fans based on yesterdays debacle? or do you think that Koeman needs to drop them both indefinitely for the sake of team spirit?

Given that Wanyama will now miss the Palace game due to suspension, if Koeman plays Mane and Wanyama in front of home crowds what reception do you think they will get from the fans based on yesterdays debacle? or do you think that Koeman needs to drop them both indefinitely for the sake of team spirit?

My view is cash in, they clearly don't want to be here, what's the point. Look at Victors shocking effort since he spat the dummy, one good showing against arsenal and we know why that was. Booing is going to reinforce their desire to leave, cheering is going to appear to back them against RK, I 100% back RK and the club against these mercenary low-life's .

I wouldn't boo, but why any Saints fan would still cheer Wanyama I will never know.

We had this debate in the summer, he's had great support from our fans and that really hasn't made any positive difference has it.

The fans view of Wanyama can be judged by the lack of current singing for him. A few tried to get his chant going yesterday but it was roundly ignored. As you say he's had loads of support from us but hasn't acknowledged it at all and is often first down the tunnel after the final whistle. I don't expect all players to applaud the fans like Tadic during the game but Vic clearly couldn't give a flying crap about us so it's only right that is reciprocated.

Just ignore them. These types just see Saints as a gateway to the promised land of the premiership and untold riches and glory. A means to an end. We do not in ourselves provide untold riches or indeed glory, so they are only ever going to want to stay for 2 seasons max before agitating to move to bigger clubs.

Sell in Jan if the price is right. Otherwise make em sweat it out till the summer.

Yes Mane was late for a meeting but no where have I seen an explaination as to why? Why is the conclusion being drawn that because he was late for a team meeting he doesn't want to be here?

Koeman has also stated that he gave him a bollocking in training this week for not putting it in. Doesn't take a genius.....

Yes Mane was late for a meeting but no where have I seen an explaination as to why? Why is the conclusion being drawn that because he was late for a team meeting he doesn't want to be here?

I believe Wanyama and Mane have been having major attitude issues this season. Professional organisations do not air their dirty laundry.

Mane usually puts the effort in when he plays, so enjoy having him while it lasts, but boo Wanyama non stop until you lose your voice !.

In a 'normal' job I'd have shown Wanyama his P45 by now, however when you're dealing with players with high residual values common sense / typical management practice goes out of the window :(

I cringe when I hear that Wanyama chant at games. He's consistently put in terrible shifts and has received arguably more support than any other player. Trouble is, I can't see anyone paying more than 5-6 million now. Take the loss and move on. We are better team when he is out of the side in my opinion.

He's a Kenyan, a greedy Kenyan...

Christmas number one 2016?

As for Mane - being late without an excuse beyond laziness clearly shows disrespect to the manager, the rest of the players, and the fans who travelled to support him.

I would guess that 95% of the fanbase would back the manager on this one.

Sadio's performances have been below par, he let everyone down at Norwich and he needs to demonstrate that he is on the bus.

I suspect he is not.

Is being late for a team meeting really that big a deal? I know he has done it before, but not sure why RK didn't on both occasions punish him with a fine and keep it in house rather than tell the press.

I always imagine it like being a bit late for a lesson- all your mates giggling at the back without a valid reason and so your punishment for it is missing most of your lunch break...

Mane missed most of the game time- what I'd like to know is if he cared that he missed it.

I don't boo Saints players -

Mane appears to have problems with his timekeeping and general approach to life and it is essential, in my opinion, to be on time for the final team meeting. Surely this would be the one where roles are reinforced, opposition weaknesses are drummed in...effectively the last chance to drum in what has been worked on in the run up - for 17 players to be there and one not be organised or bothered enough shows disrespect to the other 17 as well as the manager and misses the chance to ingest all that information.

I agree Vic has not been the same player as last year...part of that, again in my opinion, is that he's not got one of Europe's top DMs alongside of him but whereas he got away with a slightly lackadaisical style and some random passing last year, this year it's him who is supposed to be 'the man' and he's being shown up as not ready for that yet. He can do it as the Arsenal game showed but I suspect he's always going to have a bit of a liability streak in his game - the fouls yesterday were both unnecessary...the second whilst on a yellow - downright unprofessional.

I'll support both as long as they wear the shirt - when we went one down against Spurs Sadio was the one on the half way line geeing us up for the restart - I don't think he lacks motivation, more organisation. Wanyama...not so sure....

Fans who boo the team or individual players get on my flaming tits. What's the point?

To try and somehow get our opinions over to the clubs management after we've spent hard earned money on tickets and shirts... 99.99999% of us can't afford to have corporate boxes / be share holders / be sponsors / have the ear of the Directors :(

Fans who boo the team or individual players get on my flaming tits. What's the point?

I am with you. It does nothing for morale or the team. We should be getting behind the club right now and that includes all on the pitch. Having said that I wouldn't have a problem dropping both of them until they are prepared to give 100% for the club and get a couple of decent loans in to cover.

To try and somehow get our opinions over to the clubs management after we've spent hard earned money on tickets and shirts... 99.99999% of us can't afford to have corporate boxes / be share holders / be sponsors / have the ear of the Directors :(

There are ways of doing that other than booing players at matches.

There are ways of doing that other than booing players at matches.

Take this is the good spirit I intend, what are they ?.

'Fan Forums' etc. are near pointless, just club's flattering or inflating select fan's ego's / throwing them a bone... a banner would probably be removed by stewards... a well timed 'boo' is a perfect way to express displeasure https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booing

Personally I see little point in fining or even leaving out an offender. They need a beasting. Run them into the ground on their next day off which is cancelled. If they don't like it do it again and again until the message is received and understood.

Personally I see little point in fining or even leaving out an offender. They need a beasting. Run them into the ground on their next day off which is cancelled. If they don't like it do it again and again until the message is received and understood.

I think, if I listened to RK correctly, the point is that final meeting confirms the team, individual roles and tactics to be used.Kick off is approaching so it is important everyone is there on time to allow for the timescales of activity in the build up to kick off to be adhered to. There is obviously a time limit on that final meeting. Therefore at the meeting, as he was not present, he dropped Sadio and went with a team and plan excluding him. It's seems a reasonable course of action to me especially as everyone is aware of the consequence of missing/being late.

I think, if I listened to RK correctly, the point is that final meeting confirms the team, individual roles and tactics to be used.Kick off is approaching so it is important everyone is there on time to allow for the timescales of activity in the build up to kick off to be adhered to. There is obviously a time limit on that final meeting. Therefore at the meeting, as he was not present, he dropped Sadio and went with a team and plan excluding him. It's seems a reasonable course of action to me especially as everyone is aware of the consequence of missing/being late.

If Mane knew if he was late while everybody else was off he was going to get a beasting, he wouldn't have been late nor would anyone else.

If Mane knew if he was late while everybody else was off he was going to get a beasting, he wouldn't have been late nor would anyone else.

Lol I suppose but i am working on the assumption that he wasn't deliberately late and therefore whatever the consequence he would have still been late. I am pretty sure he didn't have anything else planned to do on the day! Either that or he had to finish his call to his agent and forgot the time!

It's sure to boost the team's confidence if you boo some of our leading players often enough.....:rolleyes: really what a suggestion (!)

I think, if I listened to RK correctly, the point is that final meeting confirms the team, individual roles and tactics to be used.

Kick off is approaching so it is important everyone is there on time to allow for the timescales of activity in the build up to kick off to be adhered to.

There is obviously a time limit on that final meeting. Therefore at the meeting, as he was not present,he dropped Sadio and went with a team and plan excluding him.

It's seems a reasonable course of action to me especially as everyone is aware of the consequence of missing/being late.

Of course, the alternative being ."oh you're here at last, Sadio, forgot the time did you?. Now let me try and fill you in on everthing I told the others before you came "

Nonsense isn't it . Of course, he needed to be disciplined, but with his goal scoring record recently (one goal in last 12 games)......did we really miss him?

Edited by david in sweden

For starters, any fan that goes to a Saints game and boo's any player playing in a Saints shirt can just ****off. They aren't Saints fans in my eyes.

Secondly, Mane turned up late for a meeting. He didn't spit out his dummy trying to get a transfer and refuse to play, so he's not on the same level of ****ishness as Wanyama.

Why the **** would anyone boo one of their own? It's counter productive.

Why would a professional player, already on a yellow, make a stupid tackle and let down their own team?. It's counter productive.

Yeah it was stupid but emotions can run high during games. I'm sure Koeman has slaughtered him for it. Booing is ****ing childish and doesn't solve anything. I can't stand it.

Yeah it was stupid but emotions can run high during games. I'm sure Koeman has slaughtered him for it. Booing is ****ing childish and doesn't solve anything. I can't stand it.

Wayama's emotions weren't running high yesterday. His first touch in the second half was a lazy punt into touch. Kind of set the tone. I would say Koeman's right in identifying lack of focus, as with Mane. And a word on Tadic, while I'm moaning. A lot of pointing at nothing in particular, and some arguing with Bertrand, and too little tracking back and tackling.