Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 117

Thread: Potential Mangers HCDTJFU

  1. #51

  2. #52

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    1,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Garrett View Post
    Koeman for me, all day long.
    Too right. As long as he's here I have no issues.
    When he goes - whenever that is - we'll deal with it then.
    The club will have a system in place.
    Last edited by GarrettIvo; 06-01-2016 at 01:04 AM.

  3. #53

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    1,202

    Default

    **** me drunk. Keegan is in his mid-60s and hasn't done anything managerial wise in about eight years, sitting on the couch for ESPN for most of that time.
    The notion that he could walk right in at Staplewood and do any sort of job - let alone an amazing one - is a joke.
    Give me a spell.

  4. #54

    Default

    Of course Pep will be available at the end of the season.

  5. #55

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    29,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    Of course Pep will be available at the end of the season.

  6. #56

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    waterlooville
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Balls View Post
    Marian Pahars
    legend!!!

    i've no idea if he is any good as a manager, but i'd love it if was to come and be a success...

  7. #57

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    1,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Give it to Ron View Post
    Are you saying Howe did well at Burnley then?....not sure I agree with that. Monk did well at Swansea and yes its a contradiction and why I would like to see what he does in the future elsewhere first but longer term maybe here as he fits.
    Do you think a championship manager would be able to manage the expectations/ambitions some of our stars like VVD, Pelle, Tadic or Bertand?
    Hopefully Koeman may sign again and all this is irrelevant for a while yet.
    He didn't do bad at Burnley and the season following him leaving they were promoted..how much could be credited to him for the team he built? Didn't really follow him or them so not sure if the team was the same or totally overhauled for the following season?
    He seems confident, sensible when interviewed and his team seem to love working for him. If he was available I wouldn't be disappointed and as it seems location is important to him we could potentially have him in the role for a long time, which would be something different to the revolving door managers are on these days. All hypothetical of course as he seems happy at Bournemouth and can't see why he would be looking to leave.
    I'd love to see us have a manager for ten or fifteen years and see if they can build something but maybe we will never see that sort of thing happen again at any level?

  8. #58

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
    Thank God someone else feels the same way.
    Me too. Don't get all this Moyes admiration...did a solid job at Everton without ever reaching any heights...is the height of our ambition being solid mid-table forever? I want more.

  9. #59

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    29,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vancouver Saint View Post
    Me too. Don't get all this Moyes admiration...did a solid job at Everton without ever reaching any heights...is the height of our ambition being solid mid-table forever? I want more.
    apart from the champions league. Last 16 of the Europa league and a cup final or two

  10. #60

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Amesbury
    Posts
    14,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Garrett View Post
    Koeman for me, all day long.
    Yep, shut this stupid thread

  11. #61

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    31,345
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ALWAYS_SFC View Post
    Yep, shut this stupid thread
    Didn't realise you were king of the forum.

  12. #62

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Amesbury
    Posts
    14,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Didn't realise you were king of the forum.

    Nor did I....

  13. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettIvo View Post
    Too right. As long as he's here I have no issues.
    When he goes - whenever that is - we'll deal with it then.
    The club will have a system in place.
    Koeman is the man to take this club forward . We need to bring in more quality over the summer though.

  14. #64

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Estoril, Portugal
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Agree far better RK stays. If he goes I will put in shout for Marco Silva. Managed local club here in Portugal and got them twice to Europa league on zero money. Then to Sporting and now at Olympiakos where Asenal defeat aside he is 16 wins in 16 in their league. He seems good where there is little money and only reason I see Koeman goes in near term is if it seems we are not going to spend.

  15. Default

    Hopefully it won't be Felix Magath... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...th-loanee.html

  16. #66

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sussex/Kharkiv
    Posts
    17,579

    Default

    Koeman.

  17. #67

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    29,944

    Default

    Seriously, who do people want as good chance RK will be gone in a week or two?

    Moyes for me

  18. #68

    Default

    It'd be Rodgers. I hope not, but it would be.

  19. #69

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Amesbury
    Posts
    14,070

    Default

    Koeman

  20. #70

    Default

    I'd take Moyes or Rodgers

  21. #71

    Default

    Foeman? Relegation then?

  22. #72

    Default

    Sorry Mr Koeman!

  23. #73

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bartonia 2, 000, 000 years ago
    Posts
    7,162

    Default

    Rafa or Carlo

  24. #74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post
    Rafa or Carlo
    If you expect either of those, then your expectations are skewed.

  25. #75

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bartonia 2, 000, 000 years ago
    Posts
    7,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    If you expect either of those, then your expectations are skewed.
    I dont expect them but I expect them to be approached at least

  26. #76

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Llandrinegddino
    Posts
    1,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    It'd be Rodgers. I hope not, but it would be.
    At least we'd show some character...

  27. #77

    Default

    Gary Monk. Not my choice but PL experienced, used to formation, young, maliable, english, technical, works under a DoF. Board would see a good fit. Money on before end of January.

  28. #78

    Default

    Ronny Pickering

  29. #79

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairy Oake / Block 13
    Posts
    734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lloydie View Post
    Ronny Pickering
    Who the f**k's that?

  30. #80

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,925
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    Gary Monk. Not my choice but PL experienced, used to formation, young, maliable, english, technical, works under a DoF. Board would see a good fit. Money on before end of January.
    But unable to coach. Hence why Swansea were bringing in or trying all sorts of people to back him up. Nice bloke but is the last person we need, and we are the last club he needs as well to get back on the managerial merry go round.

  31. #81

    Default

    i'd go with rodgers, already tried the big time and found out its not his level but great for a club like us and less likely to be tempted away once we string a decent season together

    maybe he could tempt lallana back too.......

  32. #82

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    magonia
    Posts
    931

    Default

    If Ron walked tomorrow, any idea who would step in as caretaker?

  33. #83

    Default

    Apparently the club has a prevailing philosophy that is meant to ensure seamless movement from the youth teams to the first team, and provide continuity when there are changes of manager. Based on everything that was said when Poch started making headlines, this philosophy revolves around a style of football based on a progressive, sophisticated approach that venerates technical ability and tactical flexibility (playing from rather than in positions) above the English sacred cows of getting stuck in and getting it forward. I don't really care who comes next as long as it someone committed to this approach, but that means I doubt we're going to find them in the UK, and they should probably be 40 or under...

  34. #84

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    4,361
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simo View Post
    Rafa or Carlo
    Carlo's gone to Munich I thought.

  35. #85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by verlaine1979 View Post
    Apparently the club has a prevailing philosophy that is meant to ensure seamless movement from the youth teams to the first team, and provide continuity when there are changes of manager. Based on everything that was said when Poch started making headlines, this philosophy revolves around a style of football based on a progressive, sophisticated approach that venerates technical ability and tactical flexibility (playing from rather than in positions) above the English sacred cows of getting stuck in and getting it forward. I don't really care who comes next as long as it someone committed to this approach, but that means I doubt we're going to find them in the UK, and they should probably be 40 or under...
    great summary and puts more support behind the opinion that koeman isn't right for us

  36. #86

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Windsor...ish.
    Posts
    12,697

    Default

    I still think Rodgers is a good coach but cannot be trusted with a transfer kitty. Not that I'd want him here that much. Bring back Harry Redknapp. He'd keep us up.

    #b ollockswouldhe

    Not sure who I'd want. Someone either worldly experienced or experienced in the Premier League.

    Martin Jol?

  37. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrensup View Post
    At least we'd show some character...
    lol....

  38. #88

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    1,291

    Default

    Sean Dyche, Karl Robinson, Gary Rowett ... would like to see our next manager be English and committed long term.

    We aren't going to get instant success so need to give somebody time, trust and the right structure to keep pushing up forwards.

  39. #89

    Default

    I'd be very happy with Rodgers, would be a very good fit for us.

    He isn't going to get a job any better than us.

    Ditto Moyes, but I'd prefer Rodgers. Both managers would keep us up anyway.

  40. #90

    Default

    Think Jose has burned a few bridges. Might be interested in a challenge for a team based 90 minutes from his house in London.

  41. #91

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,643

    Default

    Can we have Adkins back.....there....I said it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  42. #92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by verlaine1979 View Post
    Apparently the club has a prevailing philosophy that is meant to ensure seamless movement from the youth teams to the first team, and provide continuity when there are changes of manager. Based on everything that was said when Poch started making headlines, this philosophy revolves around a style of football based on a progressive, sophisticated approach that venerates technical ability and tactical flexibility (playing from rather than in positions) above the English sacred cows of getting stuck in and getting it forward. I don't really care who comes next as long as it someone committed to this approach, but that means I doubt we're going to find them in the UK, and they should probably be 40 or under...
    Bit odd how we appointed Koeman then seeing as his football has been nothing like this.

  43. #93

    Default

    Gary Rowett has done a good job and looks a promising young coach. Would like to be the club that makes appointments like that, if we're serious about the academy stuff too, rather than just a lot of talk.

    Moyes would be ok, but not sure it's the style of football we want. Benitez maybe unlikely, but weren't West Ham close to getting him? Seems like money and ambition our problem there, I think he could be convinced if we really went for it. In the summer we could try and steal Howe too. Rodgers might work but his signings worry me. He thought he needed a massive squad for Liverpool and just signed loads of squad players, ended up not knowing his best team, changing it every week and sliding down the table. Much like Koeman.

    Definitely some options out there anyway.

  44. #94

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    magonia
    Posts
    931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    Gary Rowett has done a good job and looks a promising young coach. Would like to be the club that makes appointments like that, if we're serious about the academy stuff too, rather than just a lot of talk.

    Moyes would be ok, but not sure it's the style of football we want. Benitez maybe unlikely, but weren't West Ham close to getting him? Seems like money and ambition our problem there, I think he could be convinced if we really went for it. In the summer we could try and steal Howe too. Rodgers might work but his signings worry me. He thought he needed a massive squad for Liverpool and just signed loads of squad players, ended up not knowing his best team, changing it every week and sliding down the table. Much like Koeman.

    Definitely some options out there anyway.
    I suggested Gary Rowett a few days ago, so agree with you. Turned Birmingham around after sitting at the bottom of the Championship with Lee Clark, all against a backdrop of chaos and no money (they got Carson Yeung, we got Markus - fine lines)

    Martin Hunter said this about him - "It does annoy me when English coaches get criticised. We have good coaches – we just don’t have enough of them. One of the best is Gary Rowett. He understands about observation and communication, has a good eye for a player and has good tactical and technical sense.’’

    Sure he'll be considered no way good enough for us on here though.

  45. #95

    Default

    Slightly unrealistic at this moment but Quique Sanchez Flores.

  46. #96

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ampshoire - where else?!
    Posts
    7,202
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Pellegrini will be on the market soon if rumour about Guardiola going to Citeh are true.

  47. #97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gammon cheeks View Post
    Koeman is the man to take this club forward . We need to bring in more quality over the summer though.
    What has Koeman done that makes you think that ?

    Has he improved any of our players ?
    Has he shown an ability to motivate ?
    Is he able to change a game through inspired substitutions ?
    Can he plan our formation to suit each team we play with the ability to counteract if needed ?
    Can he attract a higher standard of player ?

    These are imho the minimum standard we should be demanding from a manager .

    Would be keen to hear your opinion

    Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

  48. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kermitsaint View Post
    What has Koeman done that makes you think that ?

    Has he improved any of our players ?
    Has he shown an ability to motivate ?
    Is he able to change a game through inspired substitutions ?
    Can he plan our formation to suit each team we play with the ability to counteract if needed ?
    Can he attract a higher standard of player ?

    These are imho the minimum standard we should be demanding from a manager .

    Would be keen to hear your opinion

    Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
    This. He's surviving on reputation alone right now.

    As for new manager. Jorge Sampaoli or Eduardo Berizzo would be names I would look at. Agree with Verbal Kint's criteria. A training ground manager is needed, someone who can make the players we have better.

  49. #99

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    15,555
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kermitsaint View Post
    What has Koeman done that makes you think that ?

    Has he improved any of our players ?
    Has he shown an ability to motivate ?
    Is he able to change a game through inspired substitutions ?
    Can he plan our formation to suit each team we play with the ability to counteract if needed ?
    Can he attract a higher standard of player ?

    These are imho the minimum standard we should be demanding from a manager .

    Would be keen to hear your opinion

    Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
    How has he not shown ability to motivate? What was last season all about then?

    We've played different formations and got results many times, Arsenal at home the other week.

    Clearly he can attract a player of high calibre, we've signed plenty of good players in his time here.

    Were you campaigning for Koeman to leave at the end of last season?

  50. #100

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    P-Tr boundary
    Posts
    3,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    It'd be Rodgers. I hope not, but it would be.
    Rodgers would actually be hilarious.
    I told all my Liverpool supporting friends that I didn't hate Liverpool, just that **** Rodgers.
    The stick I would get if he became our manager would be off the charts!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •