SAINTS 1-2 Palace Post Match Meltdown.

nta786

Sounds like we gave it a good go at the end but ultimately not good enough from us. It's the same problems every single week.

If 8 defeats in 10 doesn't scream spend some money and strengthen this month than nothing else will.

All about staying up now, what a disappointing season.

Listened to the game on BBC London and they got it spot on with the comment 'Palace would not make those mistakes at the back.'

Because of our poor defence Koeman is going to be out the door soon and the strangiest thing is our manager was a top class defender himself.

#stale

8 defeats in 10 for a team that struggles to score and concedes soft goals.

A keeper that doesn't save shots, a replacement for our best player who cannot play a full match after 3 months of solid training.

A Manager who tinkers and has been twice fed duff information that Palace play 4-4-2 causing him to play 3 centre backs.

Negative media and players wanting out or showing poor discipline.

Sounds that the Manager is frustrated with the clear lack of investment and poor academy options.

But apart from that its good. And we are of course unique in the way we treat people.

Relegation is possible unless we sort ourselves out. If we stay up next summer is huge because we ****ed the last one up and are paying for it.

Losing habit ingrained and you can't be "unlucky" overall when losing 8 out of 10 games.

This season is the most depressing season since Markus took over.

Want some changes in the summer. Things have gone stale we are abject in defence and pretty dull to watch. Sell Mane & Wanyama in the summer and give a new young manager with a new philosophy some financial back up.

For now. Stay up!

352 to start with. Yet it did not work against them last time.

Ditched at HT. it seemed like we played quite well today. But it just cannot be unlucky to have lost 8 in 10. not a chance in hell

It will be a travesty if the club do not bring in a forward who is good enough to start. not another juanmi or long but someone who is good enough to start.

I honestly believe that staying up will be a fantastic result this season and to suggest we are in no danger of that is bizare. you cant keep losing like we are and not be sucked in.

out of another cup compeition

God, what a depressing season. Couldn't be arsed to qualify for Europa League proper. Humiliated in the League Cup. Out in the third round in the FA Cup. And all that in the most open Premier League I can remember.

Not sure what remedies to suggest either. Being fitter and mentally much tougher would be a good start though.

My advice is for people to seriously lower their expectations of this team because then you are not so gutted when they lose as they inevitably will more often than not. I'm afraid this squad of players is no where near good enough and will be the underdogs in most games from now until the end of the season. There is no magic formula - the players we have are simply not good enough and the danger is that we will slide headlong into relegation. We are in freefall and only some astute business in the January window will arrest that in my opinion.

Koeman tactically got it wrong again, started with completely the wrong formation and we went 1 nil down. Thankfully he actually changed things in the 2nd half and we got the equaliser. Once again our soft centre cost us by letting them score. Be interesting to see what team Koeman puts out against Watford after virtually playing the entire first xi today.

Very disappointing to go out of the cup again to Palace at home. Now we've got either nothing to play for or if things continue to get worse a relegation battle.

Be interesting to see how the board react. Koeman's terrible recent record coupled with his vile public attack on the academy can't have pleased them.

Sounds like we gave it a good go at the end but ultimately not good enough from us. It's the same problems every single week.

If 8 defeats in 10 doesn't scream spend some money and strengthen this month than nothing else will.

I think it was always about staying up from the day we kicked off. Unfortunately there has been an awful lot of complacency over the last 12 months.

Merro said 9 defeats in 11

Just lost all enthusiasm, much like the players. I love the fa cup but wasn't optimistic when we went with a back 5 and no creative players.

Season on properly over now. 3 dismal cup exits and now the long stumble to 12th or so.

Probably a good time to appoint someone for next season, let them assess the squad and see what needs doing in the summer. Otherwise it'll just be endless summer turmoil creeping into next season and we can't afford to keep this sort of form going into next season.

Hope we are fortunate enough in the summer to be preparing for the Premier League as opposed to the Championship.

Your not allowed to say that because its true..

We are **** because we lost, the rest is irrelevant...apparently

Have we been unlucky in every game we've lost? I've always been of the opinion that you make your own luck, blaming bad luck for a run of 8 defeats in 10 smacks of buck passing.

There wouldn't be many managers not under the microscope with our current run of form.

Quite. The giddy heights of the first few months of Koeman's reign has bought him an an unusually long piece of rope. Looks more and more like he surfed on the wave of Poch's achievements.

You didn't answer this in the match thread so I will ask you the question in this one: If we aren't rubbish why have we lost over eighty percent of our games in the last two months?

Sorry if i missed your question earlier..

We are not rubbish all the time, some of the time we are, granted and having been to all home games bar today and watched

all others on web, IMO we have been bad at times and not got what we should have in others but we have not been

rubbish in all...sorry if you dont agree

If you treat the Arsenal gaame as a 'blip', ( it was so out of character ), and exclude it from the results, we have scored 6 goals in 10 games since beating Bompey 2-0, and 5 of the 8 defeats have been by one goal. The problem, to me, may not be at the back, but up front. The failure to find genuine support / cover / alternative for Pelle is hurting.

My advice is for people to seriously lower their expectations of this team because then you are not so gutted when they lose as they inevitably will more often than not. I'm afraid this squad of players is no where near good enough and will be the underdogs in most games from now until the end of the season. There is no magic formula - the players we have are simply not good enough and the danger is that we will slide headlong into relegation. We are in freefall and only some astute business in the January window will arrest that in my opinion.

I have been doing this for years. Consequently, I suddenly find myself joined by many others this season.

Glad I did not waste my time watching that. The result was nailed on before the game even kicked off.

Koeman is terrible - awful team selection and so negative.

Really wonder whether time has come for a change. His tactics are awful, same names on the team sheet week in week out and not changing things up.

We are not rubbish all the time, some of the time we are, granted and having been to all home games bar today and watched

all others on web, IMO we have been bad at times and not got what we should have in others but we have not been

So which of those 8 defeats did we not deserve to lose?

Quite. The giddy heights of the first few months of Koeman's reign has bought him an an unusually long piece of rope. Looks more and more like he surfed on the wave of Poch's achievements.

Yep.

If the board dont make a change, either invest in some decent players or change the manager, we will know we are at the level they have been aiming for. Which is back to the Alan Ball / Dave Jones type of seasons - scrap through and keep the PL place to keep the revenue coming.

I dread to think where we will be after the summers transfer activity...

Hate being negative about it but can't see much enjoyment coming up over the next 5 months. Get clear of those relegation places and then give some of our youngsters a go. Too many foreign players brought in with the expectation of several European matches who simply aren't performing/aren't getting much of a chance due to fewer matches this season than we prepared for. Bit of a mess all round!

You don't need to apologise at all. We have played well in games but we fail to convert chances. And then when we need to dig in we leak silly goals. For me football can be made quite complex but it can also be made quite easy. My view is that quality shines through. We don't have enough of it and we are paying the price. I don't point the finger of blame at any individual but it is a collective effort. No doubt some players have been below par this season, and in addition Koeman has made some peculiar decisions which have cost us, plus the transfer business has been appalling. Combine that lot together and you get a squad in the state we have right now. We're nowhere near as good as last season, and we are hurtling at quite some speed down the table. I don't know how it will stop. Smashing the champions elect gave us 45mins of momentum into the next game and the moment the opposition scored we all knew what would happen and the confidence drained from the team.

We're pretty rubbish at the moment. Whether or not that is acceptable will be down to preference but I think as an overall body of work given expectations and the money we had at the start of the summer this is one of the worse seasons we've ever had (relatively speaking of course). I don't really see how anyone can defend it.

Feel sorry for reed and seager, both played well mid week and this is the sort of game where they should get a chance. Yet we have people just saying they're not good enough. Completely ignoring the fact the people getting game time instead are consistently useless!

Can't do much for their confidence when the first team are misfiring and they still can't get a go in a one-off match. I genuinely (but stupidly) thought he might give them a run-out, as I think Les Reed can't be pleased at the lack of game time they are getting.

Yep.

If the board dont make a change, either invest in some decent players or change the manager, we will know we are at the level they have been aiming for. Which is back to the Alan Ball / Dave Jones type of seasons - scrap through and keep the PL place to keep the revenue coming.

I dread to think where we will be after the summers transfer activity...

Alpine, I have never been fooled that it was anything ither than what you have stated. Of course I have taken a beating for this, but sometimes people don't like to hear what they don't want to hear.

Maybe we should gamble. Spend next years Bertrand & Mane money now in a bid to survive/push on, then have a cheap summer.

January= inflated prices. We should definitely spend this window- see the season out. Then buy in the summer. Watford bought 15 players and its working for them kind of.

If we get £50m from Mane/Bertrand/Wanyama or whoever.

Would like to see us spend £70m on 6-7 players and get rid of some deadwood.

Edited by nta786

Really fear the next two now. Win that and we may have gone in with the fight to match Watford. And we could have won with some cutting edge/more than two attackers from the start/Hennessey out of form.

Still mystified by three at the back, still frustrated at the fluctuating effort and pressing.

And August, September, November, December......

Yes, I have been consistent in saying that the only real objective is to stay in the Premier League and that 17th would be considered satisfactory in this respect. I maintain this assertion and unlike others I do not need to change my tune.

IMO, and its all about opinions, Today,West ham,Norwich and stoke, spurs...not saying we should have won them before you

get all excited

I'll agree with you on the West Ham/Norwich games but ultimately we shot ourselves in the foot in both and mistakes gave them the wins.

Can't agree on Spurs or Stoke. Stoke one in particular. They dominated that game imo and 1-0 flattered us. Referee had a howler with our penalty shout but Stoke had two or three great opportunities that they missed.

You don't need to apologise at all. We have played well in games but we fail to convert chances. And then when we need to dig in we leak silly goals. For me football can be made quite complex but it can also be made quite easy. My view is that quality shines through. We don't have enough of it and we are paying the price. I don't point the finger of blame at any individual but it is a collective effort. No doubt some players have been below par this season, and in addition Koeman has made some peculiar decisions which have cost us, plus the transfer business has been appalling. Combine that lot together and you get a squad in the state we have right now. We're nowhere near as good as last season, and we are hurtling at quite some speed down the table. I don't know how it will stop. Smashing the champions elect gave us 45mins of momentum into the next game and the moment the opposition scored we all knew what would happen and the confidence drained from the team.

We're pretty rubbish at the moment. Whether or not that is acceptable will be down to preference but I think as an overall body of work given expectations and the money we had at the start of the summer this is one of the worse seasons we've ever had (relatively speaking of course). I don't really see how anyone can defend it.

Agree, we cannot defend results all the time but as you said in highlighted bit we play well in most games for a while and it, for me is down

confidence mainly.

I hope, but mostly believe we will come out of this spell as we have the ability to do it as had shown in earlier games

but just wish we could start now and continue it