Trump Watch

CHAPEL END CHARLIE

The Fedeal records act requires all Governemnt communication be recorded on Governemnt servers , it also forbids the use of a personal email account for Government business . Therefore I don't quite see what you think is " comical" .

http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/04/02/396823014/fact-check-hillary-clinton-those-emails-and-the-law

**** me that's rich , you've spent months crying about how the oldies deprived you of your beloved EU.

I'm old too - probably about the same age as you. I'm effed if I'm going to be blamed for something you've done / voted for.

In any event I've always said I didnt want to leave because the benefits wouldn't outweigh the cost - that we would go through a damaging period of uncertainty, ending up as Norway with all the obligations but without voting rights. Bang on so far.

Edited by buctootim

The Fedeal records act requires all Governemnt communication be recorded on Governemnt servers , it also forbids the use of a personal email account for Government business . Therefore I don't quite see what you think is " comical" .

Yeah and Tony Blair is going to the Hague.

Ok so she will be going to jail. Fodder pal

Actually, yes I do know a fair bit about this as I do a lot of work with the US Government. And I can 100% tell you - if anyone else had done this they would be in jail. Period. There have been Navy personnel jailed for taking a picture of themselves in a nuclear sub and everyone (and I mean everyone) I come into contact with at the US Government says the same thing. Those emails should never have been on a private server.

But that was likely just one of many reasons she lost the election - the lower turnout from Democrats and the black community being the main reason.

Buctootim - are you seriously as thick as you come across? Turning this into one of your 'boo hoo poor me, Brexit, blah, blah, blah'. Just for your benefit you thick t**t, I am saying that a lot of the people demonstrating against Trump are people that likely did not bother voting.

I don't understand some of you - democracy means people have a say through their vote. Yet for too many it seems that if the vote goes against them it is all wrong, can't be right and needs to be reversed.

And do not take that as I supported Trump - I did not.

Actually, yes I do know a fair bit about this as I do a lot of work with the US Government. And I can 100% tell you - if anyone else had done this they would be in jail. Period. There have been Navy personnel jailed for taking a picture of themselves in a nuclear sub and everyone (and I mean everyone) I come into contact with at the US Government says the same thing. Those emails should never have been on a private server.

But that was likely just one of many reasons she lost the election - the lower turnout from Democrats and the black community being the main reason.

Buctootim - are you seriously as thick as you come across? Turning this into one of your 'boo hoo poor me, Brexit, blah, blah, blah'. Just for your benefit you thick t**t, I am saying that a lot of the people demonstrating against Trump are people that likely did not bother voting.

I don't understand some of you - democracy means people have a say through their vote. Yet for too many it seems that if the vote goes against them it is all wrong, can't be right and needs to be reversed.

And do not take that as I supported Trump - I did not.

FB_IMG_1479078476623.jpgimage hosting 5mb

If you know so much about this why do you just rehash the same examples which come up repeatedly on conspiro NWO websites? My boss is a lawyer advising the US government on ocean closures. Over the years he has met regularly with Clinton, Bush and Obama. Been to two of their family weddings. He tells me the email business is political BS - what she did its not good practice but not illegal, commonplace amongst senior officials. Ill take his word over yours. Seems to me that you know eff all - just your opinion based on what you've read on a dodgy website.

Where have I said that? Ive been consistent, unlike the the thicker Brexiteers. We will leave but stay in the single market - meaning nothing changes except we don't get a vote anymore. That will be worse than staying in. Im surprised someone of your towering intellect isnt able to follow that simple narrative.

I don't understand

Indeed

Edited by buctootim

In any event I've always said I didnt want to leave because the benefits wouldn't outweigh the cost - that we would go through a damaging period of uncertainty, ending up as Norway with all the obligations but without voting rights. Bang on so far.

Bang on so far? :lol: Obviously there has been a period of uncertainty; it didn't take a genius to predict that. But as we haven't even triggered article 50 yet, it is a bit early to claim that we will end up with a deal like Norway's, much as you would love it so you don't have egg all over your face. Once we're out, the benefits will outweigh the cost in five years or so, when we're free from the EU shackles and trading with the rest of the World.

Bang on so far? :lol: Obviously there has been a period of uncertainty; it didn't take a genius to predict that. But as we haven't even triggered article 50 yet, it is a bit early to claim that we will end up with a deal like Norway's, much as you would love it so you don't have egg all over your face. Once we're out, the benefits will outweigh the cost in five years or so, when we're free from the EU shackles and trading with the rest of the World.

Neither of us knows for sure what will happen in the end but I'd say events so far follow my version far more closely than yours. Happy to put a token bet for charity on.

You are a **** of the highest order buctootim. Crying like a baby because a vote did not go your way - and missing the crux of the argument.......people complaining about the outcomes of votes/elections and yet not participating in said votes/elections.

This is the way democracy works - whether you like the outcome or not.

And, once again, I am not pro-Trump but I am pro-democracy and respect the outcome. Do you?

Just for your benefit you thick t**t, I am saying that a lot of the people demonstrating against Trump are people that likely did not bother voting.

What evidence do you have for that?

Again, I have seen very few dispute the outcome, only dispute Trump's views, actions and policies. That must continue.

Just read that a lot is being made of Trumps plans to deport 3m illegal 'aliens' with criminal records

nearly as much as Obama then in his time in office (which little gets said about)

It's actually more than Obama managed in his first six years (2.4m) - and Trump wants to do it "immediately". One assumes there will be many after that. Also worth noting that the reported Obama statistics include blocking people at the border, but Trump is only talking about taking people out of America or jailing them.

The bit about criminal records is disingenuous as well. There aren't three million illegal immigrants with criminal records - for the vast majority their only crime is emigrating and they have no record. Trump wants to give the impression that these people have committed other crimes - "they're rapists" and all that.

Edited by DuncanRG

It's actually more than Obama managed in his first six years (2.4m) - and Trump wants to do it "immediately". Also worth noting that the the reported Obama statistics include blocking people at the border., but Trump is only talking about taking people out of America or jailing them.

he clearly isnt going to do it in a month

but what is the problem in removing people in the country illegally, who have a criminal record?

he clearly isnt going to do it in a month

but what is the problem in removing people in the country illegally, who have a criminal record?

No, he's clearly not, but he's suggesting he is. He's a liar, you see.

As I say, the bit about criminality is misleading. I believe it's being used to give a false impression that these people are robbers and rapists. There is nothing wrong with immigration enforcement but I believe in limited amnesty because deportation tears apart families and damages children who are not responsible for the actions of their parents.

Edited by DuncanRG

No, he's clearly not, but he's suggesting he is. He's a liar, you see.

As I say, the bit about criminality is misleading. As deportation tears apart families and damages children, I believe in limited amnesty. I also believe the schtick about criminality is giving a false impression that these people are robbers and rapists.

they all do it

remember when Obama stated that Gutanamo bay would be shut down - immediately (when he was president elect). How did that go?

All part of the spin.

There's a difference between a lie and an unfulfilled promise. Obama believed he could close Guantanamo, tried and failed. Trump, on the other hand, told falsehoods every single day of the campaign. You can't equivocate the two.

it was a lie. he knew he could not close it. But he 'promised' that he would.

next you will be saying that the £350m for the NHS is just another unfulfilled promised (but not a lie)

Where did you hear Trump was winning the popular vote?

I didn't, Batman said that.

it was a lie. he knew he could not close it. But he 'promised' that he would.

next you will be saying that the £350m for the NHS is just another unfulfilled promised (but not a lie)

He couldn't predict the behaviour of Congress. But even if it was a lie, it doesn't compare to the daily lies told by Trump, and by suggesting they're 'all the same' you're absolving Trump.

Edited by DuncanRG

The notion that Trump should 'work with Putin' is about as trite a statement as is imaginable - the small matter of the Russian leader's enthusiasm for dismantling other sovereign nations and manifest war crimes in Syria can't be overlooked quite that easily can they? It is of course desirable that some form of working relationship be formed between the USA and Russia. However, Putin is the world type leader who needs to be watched and not encouraged. As for Hilary Clinton being charged, I understand that the FBI has concluded that no criminality occurred re this tedious E-mail matter. That would seem conclusive enough but even were that not the case then one suspects that President Obama would follow precedent and grant her immunity from prosecution before he leaves office in the new year.

Let's face it as scandals go this is hardly a new Watergate is it?

If I had to guess: "Facebook"; "reader comments under Mail Online article", or some such.

There are several articles a few days ago claiming that Trump had now been found to have won the popular vote once all of the ballots had been counted. Subsequently there is now acceptance that most of the uncounted ballots are those that would favour Clinton.

There are several articles a few days ago claiming that Trump had now been found to have won the popular vote once all of the ballots had been counted. Subsequently there is now acceptance that most of the uncounted ballots are those that would favour Clinton.

Which articles are those Les? Not more of your online conspiracy fodder I hope :lol:

A few moments Googling it will bring up lots. That's not beyond your capabilities, is it, my old mucker? :lol:

Like what pal? You mean this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/14/googles-top-news-link-for-final-election-results-goes-to-a-fake-news-site-with-false-numbers/

You're a sucker for anything Les. Wanna buy some magic beans off me :lol:

Edited by shurlock

I suppose it's easier for some to peddle the fiction that there are more racists, homophobes and sexist than they originally thought. It allows then to continue to take the high ground and moralise to Trump supporters, little realising that it is this very attitude which caused this to happen in the first place. I predict that results like this will continue to grow until such time that the self-admitted liberal bias is addressed within the media and the concerns of Joe Public are understood and steps are taken to address some of the concerns. The uncomfortable truth for many liberal elites like Katy perry or Samuel L Jackson is that a huge number voted for Trump because they felt it was the only way that they could get their voices heard and because the prospect of Trump was a lesser evil than the thought of four more years of the status quo. That should tell you something.

Correct. They swallowed hard and ignored all the crazy things Trump has said. I know many people who voted for him and they are not racist, homophobe or sexist by any stretch of the imagination.

Like what pal? You mean this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/11/14/googles-top-news-link-for-final-election-results-goes-to-a-fake-news-site-with-false-numbers/

You're a sucker for anything Les. Wanna buy some magic beans off me :lol:

You asked Batman where he had seen mentions of Trump having won the popular vote. I commented that I had seen some too. Who cares whether they were fake? I didn't make any claims about them, merely said that I had seen them. You mistook Duncan RG of having seen them, so perhaps you are a little confused, me old mucker. If you read back my post, I commented that subsequent reports had revealed that Clinton was likely to be the beneficiary of those uncounted votes, so what point are you trying to make?

Super Moon affecting you, perhaps? :lol:

You asked Batman where he had seen mentions of Trump having won the popular vote. I commented that I had seen some too. Who cares whether they were fake? I didn't make any claims about them, merely said that I had seen them. You mistook Duncan RG of having seen them, so perhaps you are a little confused, me old mucker. If you read back my post, I commented that subsequent reports had revealed that Clinton was likely to be the beneficiary of those uncounted votes, so what point are you trying to make?

Super Moon affecting you, perhaps? :lol:

Great to see you make a clown of yourself over somebody else's battles. It was a single fake report, based on a dodgy tweet - that should have been dismissed out of hand. Not like you don't already have enough on your plate, Les, my grizzly old codger.

You continue to bring life to Mark Twain's saying that “It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". The magic beans are still available :lol:

Edited by shurlock

Crying like a baby because a vote did not go your way - and missing the crux of the argument.......people complaining about the outcomes of votes/elections and yet not participating in said votes/elections.

once again, I am not pro-Trump but I am pro-democracy and respect the outcome. Do you?

What makes you think that people who are motivated enough to go out and protest for hours on end on a cold November day and risking getting arrested / their heads cracked couldn't be bothered to spend five minutes casting their vote the previous day? Seems very unlikely to me. Was it the voices who told you?

Trump doesn't bother me for two reasons 1. he's less objectionable than the other Republican candidates like Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz. 2. Trump didn't mean much of what he said - and the bits he did mean he is too politically inexperienced to be able deliver on. Assuming he doesn't spend most of his term in court fighting off sexual harassment charges.

Edited by buctootim

What makes you think that people who are motivated enough to go out and protest for hours on end on a cold November day and risking getting arrested / their heads cracked couldn't be bothered to spend five minutes casting their vote the previous day? Seems very unlikely to me. Was it the voices who told you?

Trump doesn't bother me for two reasons 1. he's less objectionable than the other Republican candidates like Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz. 2. Trump didn't mean much of what he said - and the bits he did mean he is too politically inexperienced to be able deliver on. Assuming he doesn't spend most of his term in court fighting off sexual harassment charges.

Para 1 - quite although fascinating local insight for the likes of Duck

Para 2 - read up on Stephen Bannon if haven't already. When Glen Beck calls someone a terrifying white supremacist it might be time to be concerned.

Great to see you make a clown of yourself over somebody else's battles. It was a single fake report, based on a dodgy tweet - that should have been dismissed out of hand. Not like you don't already have enough on your plate, Les, my grizzly old codger.

You continue to bring life to Mark Twain's saying that “It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". The magic beans are still available :lol:

I really do think that you have serious issues, me old mucker. This is a football forum and you seek to masturbate your ego over something so trivial? :lol: I didn't attach much importance to it, but you have an almost desperate need to prove yourself to anonymous posters, who I'm afraid to inform you don't give a damn.

read up on Stephen Bannon if haven't already. When Glen Beck calls someone a terrifying white supremacist it might be time to be concerned.

Bannon has done a lot of very different things in his career - navy, Harvard, Goldman Sachs, film producer to right wing weirdo media. I think he is like Trump, an opportunist riding a wave, rather than committed demagogues

Bannon has done a lot of very different things in his career - navy, Harvard, Goldman Sachs, film producer to right wing weirdo media. I think he is like Trump, an opportunist riding a wave, rather than committed demagogues

Either way, he comes across as a complete sociopath.

(very popular) Right wing weirdo media with links to Alt Right. Coupled with the statement that thin skinned Trump gave a few months ago that he intends to go after and sue media outlets he doesn't like if he deems them 'unfair'.

Usually when a new administration is preparing for government they seek to come across as trying to unite a very divided nation, granted it's only been a few days since the result, but it's looking very unsettling.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/more-than-half-of-arrested-anti-trump-protesters-didnt-vote/351964445