Trump Watch

CHAPEL END CHARLIE

The New York Times is reporting that the source for the classified info was...... Israel. Not sure the CIA will take kindly to losing intel from there if it's true, if the russkies pass information on to their mates the Iranians can't imagine the Israelis even giving the US a weather forecast in future.

Yeah, but you've got to remember that Trump is on the cusp of solving the Israel / Palestine question.

"I’m looking at two-state and one-state and I like the one that both parties like. I’m very happy with the one that both parties like."

Genius.

Democrats are falling for fake news about Russia, Why liberal conspiracy theories are flourishing in the age of Trump. :D

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/5/19/15561842/trump-russia-louise-mensch.

None of the three twitterers in that article are Democrats. Louise Mensch is a former Tory MP, and Taylor and Schindler are registered Republicans. What they represent is a quite traditional Cold War wing of the Republican party, allied with a deferential stance towards what the call the 'IC' - the FBI, CIA NSA, etc.

So for them, Trump is a monstrous offence for one thing only - the Russia thing, and his defence of Flynn and Manafort in particular. They've turned a story about Trump's inveterate corruption, and his dealings with equally corrupt lobbyists, into a story about Trump's non-existent traitorous Machiavellism.

Nothing to do with 'liberals' and Democrats. Just another right-wing conspiracy theory which, like all conspiracy theories, tells you more about the 'theorists' than anything else.

• 1 month later...

It's amazing how Trump has made lunacy the new normal. It's over a month since the last post on this thread. Now, I know it's lower in points of interest, being foreign affairs, but what he is doing is working! Say or do enough stupid carp, and in the end, nobody will take any notice and just let you carry on unimpeded!

I'm getting seriously worried about how well this tactic is working. Some time during this administration, something very serious will happen, and if the world's leaders are not reading twitter, it could all go down without anyone's knowledge. #crappingmyselfhere.

Yep!!! Like that!!! ......just another day.....this country has gone full retard. :(

He has all the trademarks of a coke fiend. If he ain't on coke, I'll buy a hat for eating purposes.

Edited by Ohio Saint

Well in slightly better news, my Trump loving colleagues have been less vocal in their support for him of late. I think that maybe we are starting to see some erosion of the unquestioning support and it is now more considered. Although that's still along way to being against the man. I think the response to an actual crisis will be a turning point. You going to blame the media or spend time dealing with it. Someone in his position should not be worried by such trivia. I think that others are starting to watch too. Now all the Russia and Comey stuff isn't going to break through that's a Washington game people out here do not care, but the other distraction stuff is starting to effect things at the margins.

Yep!!! Like that!!! ......just another day.....this country has gone full retard. :(

He has all the trademarks of a coke fiend. If he ain't on coke, I'll buy a hat for eating purposes.

And he just dictates the where all the journos go with a simple bully tweet. Now families of those reporters are being stalked by National Enquirer.

I can't comprehend how such a proud country allows such behaviour from its fcking president. Fatigue setting in though and he is restricting access further to pretty much anyone other than Fox.

When he was elected, I said he wouldn't last a year. I stand by that. There will be combustion by then.

Looking that way.

I certainly agreed with the commentators that said he would hate the job and be incredibly bored in it. That certainly seems to have been borne out. He's spent pretty much every fifth day of his presendency in a golf club.

Much like Boris, he is forever haunted by a ballot he didn't really want to win.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-40489750

US President Donald Trump also responded swiftly on Tuesday to the missile launch.

On his Twitter account he made apparent reference to North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, saying: "Does this guy have anything better to do with his life?"

"Hard to believe that South Korea and Japan will put up with this much longer. Perhaps China will put a heavy move on North Korea and end this nonsense once and for all!"

Crazy, insane fat guy with really bad hair and nukes. Not good.

And now we also have to worry about Kim Jong Un too.

Didn't see the usual Republican Party turn out in our towns 4th of July parade, in a republican leaning town, almost as if they are hiding. Democrats were there handing out candy, I am sure as part of some leftist plot to bribe kids..... Big government with its handouts!

Who would have thought Trump's son is dumber than his father. Like this from the NYT:

"Sometimes the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. Sometimes the apple is also considerably dimmer than the tree. And sometimes the apple must be thrown under the bus so that the tree and a few of its most crucial limbs don’t tumble to the forest floor, where they’ll be chopped up and used as firewood by Democrats".

The jihadists at Fox News defending Trump Jr on the grounds that its not collusion because he was so incompetent at it.

Well now we have INTENT. They can not say that they didn't want to do these things, we have it written down. So now that intent is shown it makes it harder to deny the other stuff. Waiting to see any reaction from the Trump lovers that I am undercover with here at work.

This is like when the woman goes to hire the hitman who turns out to be a cop,

"But your honour no one was killed!"

"And that's why you were charged with attempted murder"

To quote some Churchill. This is not the end, it is not the beginning of the end, but it is the end of the beginning.

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe they're happy with the way things are going and don't feel the need to comment? ;)

It's certainly true that Trump's base is largely unwavering in their denial of any problems or possible wrong doings. However, after 6 months of this administration, they are unusually silent in voicing their praise for it's successes. This is not a group known for silent contemplation.

Yet I hear Clinton is still less popular!

Has politics reached the bottom of barrel in the US or is there a way to go?

He'll, who knows where the bottom is? I never voted for either of them because I simply could not, in all good faith support either. However, let's not forget that Clinton was not the least popular at the time of the election, winning the popular vote by nearly 3 million.

It's certainly true that Trump's base is largely unwavering in their denial of any problems or possible wrong doings. However, after 6 months of this administration, they are unusually silent in voicing their praise for it's successes. This is not a group known for silent contemplation.

Well, there's not much success to praise him for. :D

I guess the average Trump fan is happy to see that the man is trying to change things in their favour but that there are too many idiots standing in his way.

Personally I'm still happy that Clinton lost as we would have even bigger problems with the Russians and the Middle East with that b*tch in control. I reckon Trump won't make it till the next elections but I'm not sure if that's a good thing as Mike Pence might take over. I have the idea that he could be far more dangerous than a clown like Trump.

I am starting to think that the man has dementia. As someone who is licensed to sell life insurance products you get in serious trouble if you sell an annuity to someone who is subsequently found to have dementia, you have to be able to identify if they are showing signs pointing to it appearing upto 5 years later. I will put it this way, if Mr Trump asked me to sell him an annuity plan I would have to decline for fear of being sued.

He is not crazy he is losing it!

it is fairly weird how the internal mechanics of US politics is such big news over here

Why's that pal? When the US sneezes, the rest of the world catches a cold. It remains the world's most important power. Dare I say how the Trump presidency plays out will have a greater impact on you or me than a few terrorist attacks.

Edited by shurlock

This week has been crazy. It's like trump farted, then crapped on the floor to distract from the fart, then crapped the desk to distract from the floor poo, and on and on....it is so tiring!!

Still, the EU and it's leaders have all their hopes on Trump not giving in to the warmongers in the Senate like McCain who want to increase the sanctions against Russia. This has nothing to do with farts but everything with Russian natural gas... ;)

Sold his company, missed birth of child and now getting divorced. For what?

Saw a tweet saying we guess how Steve Bannon is going to be celebrating this news. Chortle chortle

Edited by whelk

• 3 weeks later...
Yep bigly - I see he's peddling his general pershing story again.

A gaffe like this would have hung around a politician forever. Just another day for Trump. Although does give Bill Mayer so much material for his hilarious take downs.

As the Economist opines today he's is politically inept, morally barren and temperamentally unfit for office. Who knew!

His ghost-writer on The Art of the Deal (who is deeply embarrassed to have contributed to his infamy, as it happens) is predicting he will resign by year-end in a pact to avoid impeachment and prosecution.

Let's hope he's right and also that an even bigger **** doesn't take over.